Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Hello everyone who missed me. Thx for caring about my whereabouts and progress. I have made it!!!And it feels good :D however the journey want wasn't easy at all. I went from being a woman Who has never driven a big vehicle, petrified and a little uncomfortable about it all to being a woman who can drive it pretty well.

I'm not jumping up and down just yet though BC i must stay clean all year and I still have to take my cdl road test and although I hear it's a breeze in comparison, I heard the female tester is a real B!#@& I'm still nervous.

Siegel and Sharrocks are ssome really good instructors. Congrats to all that past and to all that are on there way good luck. You need it.

Hey sws715,

Congrats!

Phew... You scared me a little when you started saying that you went from being a woman...

I am really glad that you were able to learn how to drive a city bus pretty well in 1 week.

Congrats again!

Good luck!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mta got some nerve , paying you 20.94 a hr like that's some real money and make you stay on probation for a year.people survive on the overtime not 40 hrs

The cap on bus op is 116 for OT hours that's serious money for a person to be making with only a high school diploma!!! Sheet some people with college degrees dont even make that much and cant even find a job. That sound like real money to me.

People asked me, what about women on the job since I spoke about the men. In short you will be on probation for a year. This means limit your driving. No overtime driving, do back up instead. This is backing buses in terminals or else wear. You will be on foot and not behind the wheel. Watch your schedules dont run hot. If your late, dont get flustered. You wont get any violations on that for being behind schedule, but if you leave early they will wollop you with a violation. This could result in a suspension. Right now while on probation you are vournerable to land mines. After probation you will have the union to protect you. Understand that while you drive your bus even years down the road incidents and accidents will occur. Dont get on yourself for that it will be part of your job. Heres a free gift, the MTA calculates sick time as incidents within a calender year. Not from January to December, but from the first day in a month to the 12 month. For example if you call in sick in March of 2013 a year is March of 2014. I am really feeding everyone new a dog treat. Three incidents and you will be called in the office, but if you use 1 or more consecutive sick days back to back that is considered one incident. Oh and they dont like when you add a sick day to your regular day off. Just get through your probation, this the main thing

Hey Troop,

At first I thought you made a mistake (*4 instead *2), but when I did:

167.52  x 5 x 4 x 12,  got same 40,204

This is exactly what I said before. Only in 5 years you will have what  you make at your current job.

I work 4 days x 10 hours in AAR.
I will make 42,240 (before taxes) if I take 1 extra day.

But I thought we are all doing this for bennies... 

To be honest , giving up 35,000 dollars a year is crazy but my family tells me in the long run it will be better. I hope so because I got so much right now.30.27 a hr OT after 32 hrs Medical is great, ppo ,dental ,optical just don't want to be picking up garbage at 50 year old rather take it easy

To be honest , giving up 35,000 dollars a year is crazy but my family tells me in the long run it will be better. I hope so because I got so much right now.30.27 a hr OT after 32 hrs Medical is great, ppo ,dental ,optical just don't want to be picking up garbage at 50 year old rather take it easy

Tough spot but in the long run it is worth it no doubt Ugh working til 50+. I refuse too.

This answer to my question is probably answered somewhere, but I've read so many threads already, and I'm not seeing it. I notice a few of you who took exam 2613 speak about getting called in to do a medical and drug test. I wanted to know what's the first thing you get called in for after you receive a list number. I thought they first call you in to do paper work and then if all goes well, you do a drug test. My list number is in the 1200's, so I know I'm not going to get any correspondence any time soon, even though I heard from a driver that they call by the 500's.

Also want to say thank you to everyone on this thread for your info. It really helps. Happy holidays everyone. 

Yea that's what you think I'm up to 75,000 right now for just 8 hrs ot right now and only seen almost 50,000 with the cost of food bills gas insurance and other things 20.94 with no OT for the 1st year is Mickey dee's mone

Now do the math 167.52 a day *5 *2 *12 = 40,204 before any taxes taken out , now show me the serious money , I'm waiting

And another thing if you work sat night that's triple time 30.27 * 3 senior guys always take it but sometime I get lucky

Hey troop to be honest with you it sound like you dont even need to be on this forum because we see you got  the math figured out it,sounds like you at battle with yourself. I'm coming from AAR so $21hr is a $8 pay raise off the top for me. So maybe you can see where I'm coming from. On top of all that I love to drive so I'm getting paid to do something I like. I think you should join the sanitation forum.

This answer to my question is probably answered somewhere, but I've read so many threads already, and I'm not seeing it. I notice a few of you who took exam 2613 speak about getting called in to do a medical and drug test. I wanted to know what's the first thing you get called in for after you receive a list number. I thought they first call you in to do paper work and then if all goes well, you do a drug test. My list number is in the 1200's, so I know I'm not going to get any correspondence any time soon, even though I heard from a driver that they call by the 500's.

Also want to say thank you to everyone on this thread for your info. It really helps. Happy holidays everyone

You will get a pre-employment packet in the mail with a date for you to come in with your info. If everything is in order you take the drug test and then they will tell you within 2-90 days you will get a call for the medical. If everything good with that you get sworn in and be ready to cover your right.

This answer to my question is probably answered somewhere, but I've read so many threads already, and I'm not seeing it. I notice a few of you who took exam 2613 speak about getting called in to do a medical and drug test. I wanted to know what's the first thing you get called in for after you receive a list number. I thought they first call you in to do paper work and then if all goes well, you do a drug test. My list number is in the 1200's, so I know I'm not going to get any correspondence any time soon, even though I heard from a driver that they call by the 500's.

Also want to say thank you to everyone on this thread for your info. It really helps. Happy holidays everyone.

U will get called in to do the paper work and if the paper work gets a clear u will take the drug test the same day. U will probably get called the first by August 2014 the latest if I had to guess.

Different situation for different people the forum is for 2316 B O and that what test I took so I'm in the right forum just undecided on whats best for me so just taking some advice. You got your mine made up happy for you but you said serious money and I don't see it until 5 years later like singuy said. But I'm in the right forum

Top pay is on the first day of your 4th year not 5 years - so three full years to top pay. Union has been working w/o a pay raise for 4 years so you know that will get ironed out in the next couple years. Basically we'll be making around 33/hr at top pay when we get there. Not bad to drive a bus, plus OT. And if you want you can take a promotion exam and make more money. Its what you make it.

Even starting pay is just a few grand less per year than cops and firemen.

Top pay is on the first day of your 4th year not 5 years - so three full years to top pay...

Atleast...

No, seriously, like I said before, I am here for money.

Even my top pay $16 where I am at right now is $5 less than starting for B/O.

Hard decision for Troop, I understand.

Why 52 weeks?

12 months x 4 weeks in each month = 48 weeks

No?

there are 52 weeks in a year

840 x 2 = 1680 and then 1680 x 26 = 43680 since we are bi weekly so same math as rodney

Question: we get taxed harder bc we are paid bi weekly right?

I thought the math was done like this 21.00 x 8(hr) = $168.00 x 5(days) =$ 840.00 x 52(weeks) = $43,680.00 Is this the wrong way

This is the right way because its 52 weeks in a year

Why 52 weeks?

12 months x 4 weeks in each month = 48 weeks

No?

No there is 5 weeks in some months

Archived