Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Fellas, I've worked for the MTA Long Island Bus for 11 years until they were disbanded two years ago.... Once I reached top pay (back then after 4 years) I average 75 to 80 thousand a year.... The money is there. Rarely do you work 40 hrs per week... Runs vary from 40 up to 60 hours per week! Depends on the run you pick. Senior guys will always get the best ones but there's always meat left on the bone for newbies.. There's trippers, RDO's, back-up...lots of different ways to make big bucks as operators. Not to mention the state pension, medical, life insurance and job security... Also room for advancement to dispatcher, superintendent or even GS, you get what you put into it... If it wasn't a good job 30,000 people wouldn't of taken the exam and we wouldn't all be on here on this forum talking about trying to be put on... Good luck fellas... #116

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fellas, I've worked for the MTA Long Island Bus for 11 years until they were disbanded two years ago.... Once I reached top pay (back then after 4 years) I average 75 to 80 thousand a year.... The money is there. Rarely do you work 40 hrs per week... Runs vary from 40 up to 60 hours per week! Depends on the run you pick. Senior guys will always get the best ones but there's always meat left on the bone for newbies.. There's trippers, RDO's, back-up...lots of different ways to make big bucks as operators. Not to mention the state pension, medical, life insurance and job security... Also room for advancement to dispatcher, superintendent or even GS, you get what you put into it... If it wasn't a good job 30,000 people wouldn't of taken the exam and we wouldn't all be on here on this forum talking about trying to be put on... Good luck fellas... #116

I'm sorry did u say "job security"?

Btw my 4600 exam started 20 minutes ago and I am sending this from convenience of my home.So I did not go...

Don't feel bad....I'm in Atlantic City today...

Lol

there are 52 weeks in a year840 x 2 = 1680 and then 1680 x 26 = 43680 since we are bi weekly so same math as rodneyQuestion: we get taxed harder bc we are paid bi weekly right?

Answer: not at all....Wen you're bi weekly it's the govt using NO vaseline, that's all

I thought the math was done like this 21.00 x 8(hr) = $168.00 x 5(days) =$ 840.00 x 52(weeks) = $43,680.00 Is this the wrong way

No. This is the correct way.

I'm sorry did u say "job security"

It is job security. Mta buses ain't going no where. The mta system is a cash cow for the state of ny.

i took exam 4600 today at midwood high school it was CAKE! 100 times easier than 2613 and it was also 20 questions less than 2613 so it was 60 questions instead of 80 lol i drove there from staten island in this shitty weather and had to park like 5 blocks and 1 avenue away

I guess they really need drivers since they made the test shorter. Way to many ppl failed the 80 question test.

so how would they score this test if only 60 questions, does any body knows how many wrong and right ?

100/60= 1.66 so that mean u have to get 42 questions or better correct to pass.

so how would they score this test if only 60 questions, does any body knows how many wrong and right ?

Well, you need a 70 to pass the exam, which means a minimum of 42 correct answers (since 42 divided by 60 equals 0.70, convert that to a percentage would equal 70%) to pass the exam.

When comparing your answers to the proposed answer key online, each question is worth 1 & 2/3 points (since 100 divided by 60 = 1.67). Therefore, multiply the number of correct answers you have times 1.67 (or 1.66666666666666666666666666666666666666666666667, depending on how many decimal places your calculator can hold) to get your score. Don't forget to round to two places (eg 87.50, 91.25, etc).

dam that test had tricky questions though, what room number was you in I was in room 320 , but there was a lot of reading  , I hate reading ,tricky ones like the question about the the guy that bought a bottle in the liquor store ,and took it to his locker  unopened , hehe

When you have civil service status you can leave your job for years and when you want it back it's right there waiting for you now that's JOB SECURITY!

Yes! JOB SECURITY!

No. This is the correct way.

It is job security. Mta buses ain't going no where. The mta system is a cash cow for the state of ny.

You guys are talking about the work being there

I'm talking about actually securing your Job until retirement.

Between passengers and other drivers who got it out for rookies...Idk what's worse.

Between passengers and other drivers who got it out for rookies...Idk what's worse.

Lol agreed. Yeah I don't plan to do this the full length. But yeah someone is always out to get u. Heard a lot of kids fired for ppl falling on the bus, people say the bus driver jammed on the breaks.

How could u lose ya job if u don't do nothing wrong? If u lose ya job it's because u did something wrong. Job security means not having to worry about getting laid off.

How could u lose ya job if u don't do nothing wrong? If u lose ya job it's because u did something wrong. Job security means not having to worry about getting laid off.

Shady crap goes on. Especially with the people falling on the bus, happens a lot.

Wat that got to do with the driver if someone falls on the bus? If u didn't push them it's not ya fault.

Its your problem when they blame it on you whether it is your fault or isn't your fault because the rider is too busy playing on there phone. People always looking for lawsuits.

Its your problem when they blame it on you whether it is your fault or isn't your fault because the rider is too busy playing on there phone. People always looking for lawsuits.

U know y they can't blame it on u? Because they have hand railings for ppl to hold on to while the bus is moving. So if they fall that is they fault. The driver not losing is job cuz of that.

U know y they can't blame it on u? Because they have hand railings for ppl to hold on to while the bus is moving. So if they fall that is they fault. The driver not losing is job cuz of that.

Lol yes u can primarily during probation. Depot by me fired 9 ppl in last month just for that reason. I literally live next block over so when I see supervisors or drivers I always ask questions. The supervisor and one driver told me about the ppl fired for the falls on bus. They said driver slow and don't slam on that brake. You get written up enough doing other shit too and u get canned. The old drivers tell me back in the day supervisors didn't give a shit. You could get away with anything, now a days u get written up for the dumbest shit.

Lol yes u can primarily during probation. Depot by me fired 9 ppl in last month just for that reason. I literally live next block over so when I see supervisors or drivers I always ask questions. The supervisor and one driver told me about the ppl fired for the falls on bus. They said driver slow and don't slam on that brake. You get written up enough doing other shit too and u get canned. The old drivers tell me back in the day supervisors didn't give a shit. You could get away with anything, now a days u get written up for the dumbest shit.

That's fu*ked up if they got fired for that. Then again u shouldn't b braking so hard.

When you're on probation a lot of things can happen and yeah you can be fired for some of them, especially because the union isn't really in your corner yet.... But these are things that come with the territory at the beginning .... Once you're off probation Job security is the probability that an individual will keep his or her job; a job with a high level of job security is such that a person with the job would have a small chance of becoming unemployed.

And also our buses on Long Island have cameras that are activated during hard braking and unexpected motions like sharp turns and swerving. (so if you slam on the brakes the camera starts recording ten seconds prior to the actual application of the motion) and the MTA is also installing cameras on lots of their buses... So know it's a little more the just believing what a passengers says you were doing...

Hey sws715,

Congrats!

Phew... You scared me a little when you started saying that you went from being a woman...

I am really glad that you were able to learn how to drive a city bus pretty well in 1 week.

Congrats again!

Good luck!

Lmao n thx so much... Yes I did. To me it's all about your dedication. Studying, practicng n having a good instructor helps.... Although the latter is out of your control BC U don't choose who you get and it seems to me they're all friends who talk about you. They smile with you, tell you their business in exchange for yours but don't be fooled they will still fail you. N then call your next instructor and tell them all about you. Play the game early show n tell... let them know your serious about learning their way and demonstrate it by your actions,that's just my lil advice to everyone.

Was you at JFK 715

Yes

dam that test had tricky questions though, what room number was you in I was in room 320 , but there was a lot of reading , I hate reading ,tricky ones like the question about the the guy that bought a bottle in the liquor store ,and took it to his locker unopened , hehe

Wth 2613 didn't have questions like that. What was the rest of that story, q&a?

Why people get fired.

Because they don't follow rules. 

If people fall on the bus when your moving and you stop hard. The bus jerks and people fall that's on you. Learn how to used the brake and take your time don't speed if your( Hot )your done. Watch your front door when you shut it people like to put their hands in it to catch you before leaving. When people get on your bus wait for them to pay and move to the back or over the white line. look at your mirrors and call out your stops if you don't do that you will get fired for that. The key is to take your time drive safe.

Good luck all.

Archived