Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Why people get fired. Because they don't follow rules.  If people fall on the bus when your moving and you stop hard. The bus jerks and people fall that's on you. Learn how to used the brake and take your time don't speed if your( Hot )your done. Watch your front door when you shut it people like to put their hands in it to catch you before leaving. When people get on your bus wait for them to pay and move to the back or over the white line. look at your mirrors and call out your stops if you don't do that you will get fired for that. The key is to take your time drive safe.                                                          Good luck all.

Hey RTS

Do BO get reprimanded wen they have people overcrowded in the bus?

Wen i used to go to high school I took the Q43 and drivers used to fill that bus....to the point people would have to step off the bus to let ppl off and then get back on....I used to be that passenger that would stand right with the Run # thing the BO scroll their paddle number on before they start their run.

U know y they can't blame it on u? Because they have hand railings for ppl to hold on to while the bus is moving. So if they fall that is they fault. The driver not losing is job cuz of that.

I knew a driver who worked for Command was was later absorbed into MTA Bus

He got fired because a car rear ended him while he was servicing a bus stop.

All jokes to the side...that's what really happened.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey RTS

Wen i used to go to high school I took the Q43 and drivers used to fill that bus....to the point people would have to step off the bus to let ppl off and then get back on....I used to be that passenger that would stand right with the Run # thing the BO scroll their paddle number on before they start their run.

its no joke man, I heard a similar story that you just told. I have heard a ton of stories, you can be an angel out there, you are still going to run into shit. Some depots are harder on you then others...

Hey RTS

So sometimes that can happen. When the bus is overcrowded you can tell people if they want to wait for the next bus it is coming. Your follower  should  be there soon. That Command driver could of had a bad record I seen a lot of driver's get canned from NEW YORK BUS SERVICE and green line . It's not a joke people think they can do what they want. Like coming late to work and calling out whenever. 

So sometimes that can happen. When the bus is overcrowded you can tell people if they want to wait for the next bus it is coming. Your follower  should  be there soon. That Command driver could of had a bad record I seen a lot of driver's get canned from NEW YORK BUS SERVICE and green line . It's not a joke people think they can do what they want. Like coming late to work and calling out whenever.

Even though people (including myself) were way in front of the white line and bus had to be overcapacity.

Even though people (including myself) were way in front of the white line and bus had to be overcapacity.

oh yeah its packed out to capacity almost every time i ride...we all just got follow every rule in the first year..i hear a big one is making sure people close there strollers.

oh yeah its packed out to capacity almost every time i ride...we all just got follow every rule in the first year..i hear a big one is making sure people close there strollers.

That's y it's good for rookies to get the graveyard shift. It will prob b like 3 ppl on ya bus during a trip.

Strollers thing is true

I jus hope (prob gonna be anyway) there are overnight runs open...like jus after rush hour to into the wee hours on the next day....those r the shifts I want .

That's y it's good for rookies to get the graveyard shift. It will prob b like 3 ppl on ya bus during a trip.

I jus had said that. Loll

yeah im hoping to get the graveyard, so im cool with that 

Yeah. I want jamaica or queens village.

my friend started at queens village but then got his transfer. He said if he could do it all over, he would go back to QV. Where is the depot exactly? Close to any trains? 

my friend started at queens village but then got his transfer. He said if he could do it all over, he would go back to QV. Where is the depot exactly? Close to any trains?

No trains run around there. U would have to take the e, j, or f train to Jamaica than take a bus to the depot. I take the q36 takes u there. It's around by Belmont Park racetrack.

When your done with line training. You will not pick a run. they will put you on the extra list. You have to call in the day before to find out what you will be doing some days you will be sitting around doing nothing other days you will work.You might work late,early,mid day,afternoon,drive all the type of buses in your depot.

When your done with line training. You will not pick a run. they will put you on the extra list. You have to call in the day before to find out what you will be doing some days you will be sitting around doing nothing other days you will work.You might work late,early,mid day,afternoon,drive all the type of buses in your depot.

if u at work on a Monday could u find out wat time u gotta work on Tuesday?

Describe "sitting around doing nothing"?

True.

But as we speak now I'm a night owl

I do a lot of overnight trips

In April at 10p I drove from Wash DC to Nashville TN...straight. no stops

This was in a bus Btw.

same here I work 6pm-6am now, total night owl. 

Describe "sitting around doing nothing"?

in the beginning sometimes u sit at the depot on call, doing nothing. Sometimes they have u bring buses to certain spots/depots

Archived