Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

he has to take the BOSS exam first before he gets a list #, He will probably get a letter to take the BOSS exam in June or July. , He should get his list # within 11-15 months from when he took the exam pending he passed both. 

what do you mean am I serious? Yes I am serious. 30K took the test and over  26K failed, how that happens blows my mind. you failed 2301 exam or the BOSS? 

I think by June he'll get a letter...need to keep in mind that the Public High Schools, which is what NYC Transit and DCAS use due to the high # of people are closed during the summer when school is not in session.

As far as 2613 - I read that about 30,000 people took the exam and only 3,621 people passed.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he has to take the BOSS exam first before he gets a list #, He will probably get a letter to take the BOSS exam in June or July. , He should get his list # within 11-15 months from when he took the exam pending he passed both. 

what do you mean am I serious? Yes I am serious. 30K took the test and over  26K failed, how that happens blows my mind. you failed 2301 exam or the BOSS? 

I took the boss for 2301 and I got the ''thank u for considering mta bus but at this time we cannot offer u a position, good luck in your future applications'' letter a few months after....was upset

took 2613 and was like whoa......#383. wowzers  I guess it does pay to b yourself

and yes im surprised 26k out of 30sumn thousand FAILED...I had....faith in todays generation. guess ill hope ppl made the same mistake I did wit 2301

I think by June he'll get a letter...need to keep in mind that the Public High Schools, which is what NYC Transit and DCAS use due to the high # of people are closed during the summer when school is not in session.

As far as 2613 - I read that about 30,000 people took the exam and only 3,621 people passed.

exactly, that's terrible. So many failed has to coincide with them lowering the standards for hire ( no HS diploma needed ) 

since so many failed the introduced another TA exam because they are going to need drivers. Baby Boomers are  retiring at a high pace. 

@nycpips do you think they will send him a list number soon... Or he have to take the BOSS first and then they will send him a list number after he pass the BOSS

he will have to go for the boss survey next if he passes exam 4600. he will recieve a letter in the mail to go take the BOSS if he passes that then he will be on the list when it is established he has time tell him to just forget about it for now he has time

I took the boss for 2301 and I got the ''thank u for considering mta bus but at this time we cannot offer u a position, good luck in your future applications'' letter a few months after....was upset

took 2613 and was like whoa......#383. wowzers  I guess it does pay to b yourself

and yes im surprised 26k out of 30sumn thousand FAILED...I had....faith in todays generation. guess ill hope ppl made the same mistake I did wit 2301

I never understood the concept of taking it the way MTA wants you to take it, its basically a questionnaire. I took it after a 15 hour shift & 90 minute commute, half asleep...nodded out a few times in the room. 

Dre87,

Nope. Not this time. :)

You asked Who is going to 180 tomorrow for medical? in #1674

I know DEE is IN. While you and others like me are NOT.

I hope just not YET.

No I didn't go in. I was just asking a question. I got a long way to go b4 I get called. I'm in the early 2,000's. ????????????

it was someone asking for Andrew Gay lol, I said ahh WTF and hung up.

Thank you

My Husband said I was stressing about studying and the exam 4600 was super easy lol... I hope he really did good

@Dre87 I've never worked for Nice Bus Company's para transit division.... I hear that there's plenty of OT.... @Kingnaya I took exam #2613 back in January 2013 and the BOSS exam in June 2013... I was originally called for the drug screening on 11/5/13 but got put on hold for a month because of an issue with my license which was gonna be taken care of on 12/11/13... Went down on 12/12/13 for the drug screening and called this morning and told to report tomorrow for a medical and possible conisideration for the 12/29 class.. List #116. Good Luck!

Rodney your math is wrong, listen the pay is 20.94 not 21.00 with that being said 20.94 times 8 which = 167.52 then times that by 5 which = 837.6 now times that by 2 and that's your bi weekly pay 1675.2 now times that by 2 which is your monthly = 3350.4 now times that by 12 = 40.204.8 a year nothing taken out now take out union dues regular taxes your 401 and what ever else and what do you have for the first year maybe 28 or 27k a year serious money uh.? And who agree with him

Rodney your math is wrong, listen the pay is 20.94 not 21.00 with that being said 20.94 times 8 which = 167.52 then times that by 5 which = 837.6 now times that by 2 and that's your bi weekly pay 1675.2 now times that by 2 which is your monthly = 3350.4 now times that by 12 = 40.204.8 a year nothing taken out now take out union dues regular taxes your 401 and what ever else and what do you have for the first year maybe 28 or 27k a year serious money uh.? And who agree with him

its not by 12, its bi weekly so 26 pay periods because of 52 weeks in a year...20.94 vs 21.00 really? he was approximating, same thing. If you want to get technical it is 20.96 an hour. Plus you have to take into consideration your runs will more then likely pay more then 40 hrs per week

Fellas, I've worked for the MTA Long Island Bus for 11 years until they were disbanded two years ago.... Once I reached top pay (back then after 4 years) I average 75 to 80 thousand a year.... The money is there. Rarely do you work 40 hrs per week... Runs vary from 40 up to 60 hours per week! Depends on the run you pick. Senior guys will always get the best ones but there's always meat left on the bone for newbies.. There's trippers, RDO's, back-up...lots of different ways to make big bucks as operators. Not to mention the state pension, medical, life insurance and job security... Also room for advancement to dispatcher, superintendent or even GS, you get what you put into it... If it wasn't a good job 30,000 people wouldn't of taken the exam and we wouldn't all be on here on this forum talking about trying to be put on... Good luck fellas... #116

Amen to that!

LMFAO yo Troop you still talking about the pay I though we passed that. Did you read the notice of exam before you filed for the test,I'm sure you did,so that mean you know for sure what the starting pay and the top pay is.Why you on here bashing the salary when you already knew this before applying for the test. To me it's like you bragging about your salary that nobody care about. We all here on this forum to receive info about becoming an B/O and that's it, not to listen someone who gonna downgrade the pay rate that knew what it was from the beginning. I'm telling you,you need to join the sanitation forum so you and your other garbage buddies can post how little B/O get paid because this is not the venue for that. I'm just saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shout out to all my classmates on the RTS today we getting that MTA money now. HAHA

Guess when you making 40 or 50 or under this is the perfect job ,I been making 80 for the pass 6 years so hard for me to go backwards for 4 years and 60 hrs that's crazy I got a family don't want to work no where for 60 hrs I took the test without really looking at the pay just listening to people but now I got the black and white don't think I can afford it from a clean 1000 + after taxes to 1300 every two weeks I think I would be a fool. dee best of luck hope you make that serious money. Lol

Archived