Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone!!!

I just joined this afternoon, I've been reading you guys post over the last couple months, just as anxious as most of you were for the results. As of right now I am a little confused because my proposed key answer for the 2613 test on jan 26th show that I only have 23 questions correct. I refuse to believe that is true. Leaving the test I felt as though that there were many questions that I second guessed, but 57!!! Jeez... Give me a break, I never expected to have performed that poorly... Anyway, so after beating myself up about the low score for about an hour I decided to compare my answers with the Jan 27th proposed key answers... Behold!!! This answer key shows that I only had 16 answers incorrect.. Basically I wanted to ask you guys what your thoughts are regarding this situation, is it possible that I am not the only one here that feels screwed, is it possible that MTA screwed up due to all the rescheduling test dates and make-up test dates?? Does anyone know of a person that actually took the 2613 test on the 27th?? My last thought was that maybe there wasn't really a 27th test date scheduled, but just two different tests given on the same day.. Idk, but I'll take any excuse at this point.

Thanks for reading.   hey  i feel the same way i thought i did alot better  on the test  iam not looking for any excuses  for myself   just felt i'd get alot better  score  

RTS4Life

That's interesting, because that is the exact location where I took the exam. Doesn't it seem a little weird that I would get so many correct on a test date that I didn't even attend? I'm just saying...

I got 25 wrong

Just keep in mind that out of 80 questions, each one is worth 1.25 points each. The math should be pretty simple to find out your grade, as long as you have a calculator handy, either physically or on the computer or online...

According to the proposed answer key posted for the test given on the 26th. I got 14 incorrect. If this is official that puts me at 82.5%. I'm disappointed as I felt I may have done a little better than that. Anyhow it got scary for me as I was marking/comparing my answers because in the first half (40 questions) I had gotten 11 wrong! That put me at 72.5%. I was saying OHHHH NOOO!!!! THEN!!! In the second part (the next 40 questions) I got only 3 wrong for a 92.5%. I began to feel a little relief. But you can't imagine how I felt when I first started scoring the first 40 questions! Ending with a combined total of 82.5%. Good luck to all.

I got 8 wrong that adds up to a 90... Does anyone have an idea how long it would take to be called?

Using the information that was provided in post # 130 of this topic, it took NYC Transit about 4 years to get to list number 3514 (give/take a couple of months). Therefore, if we do 3514 divided by 4 (for the four years), we can assume that NYC Transit calls about 880 people per year (again, this depends on the hiring needs).

Therefore, @Rm3271, it depends on your list number. If you scored high, you will get a low list number and probably get called sooner. If you scored low (like 71.25), you will have to wait four years before they call you.

I am assuming that in July NYC Transit will mail all of us our final scores and list numbers. From there, we just have to be patient...just like with other things in life...

Which location did you take the exam? Did you take it on the 26th?

the school on 2900 bedford av on the 26

Didn't you say you got called down to 180 Livingston st. from the 8006 exam? How's that working out for you?

i did, Monday i start training. i took 2613 ta because i was afraid that they wouldn't get to my number

Using the information that was provided in post # 130 of this topic, it took NYC Transit about 4 years to get to list number 3514 (give/take a couple of months). Therefore, if we do 3514 divided by 4 (for the four years), we can assume that NYC Transit calls about 880 people per year (again, this depends on the hiring needs).

Therefore, @Rm3271, it depends on your list number. If you scored high, you will get a low list number and probably get called sooner. If you scored low (like 71.25), you will have to wait four years before they call you.

I am assuming that in July NYC Transit will mail all of us our final scores and list numbers. From there, we just have to be patient...just like with other things in life...

that`s my test score 71.25 and list number lol so good luck who ever is taking it and keep ur license clean and take the cdl dmv 1st so this way u just have to learn to drive the bus the mta way and no dmv road test just mta`s road test. less stress that`s how i did it got my cdl license 1st and now just gotta learn to drive the bus the mta way the way thay want me 

Thanks for the info... I've been driving a transit bus on Long Island for the past 12 years of which 11 were for the former MTA Long Island Bus that was disbanned on 12/31/11 and presently work for the operator that took over for them, NICE Bus Company. Along with the MTA leaving Long Island, so did my NYS pension. My goal is to get back into the MTA family to continue with my pension... I have spoken to a couple of people within the system and have been told that with my score of 90 I'm probably looking at the end of the first year the list is established to be called.... Good luck to all!

I've heard NYC Transit Authority has a 40 month policy on any issues on your license that would disqualify your opportunity to drive for them (4 points max). Now this is just something I've heard. (I already know you have the opportunity to decline any offer at the time they may get around to you then place yourself back onto the list once the issue has cleared up)...BUT I'm not talking about that! What I'm curious about is this 40 month policy I'm hearing about. I know the DMV has a 36 month policy for any discrepancy pertaining to you license to clear. But this 40 moths with TA??? If anyone has any solid information on this please post. (DO NOT ASSUME WHAT WE ARE FAMILIAR WITH IN ACCORDANCE TO DMV in regards/ reference to the 36 months). Also...I would like to know...does any issues needing to clear follow/begin from the date of the ticket offense or does it follow the date of conviction??? Not that I have anything to worry about but I am much curious about these questions.

I've heard NYC Transit Authority has a 40 month policy on any issues with your license that would disqualify your opportunity to drive for them (4 points max). Now this is just something I've heard from a retired TA bus operator.

(I already know you have the opportunity to decline any offer at the time they may get around to you then place yourself back onto the list once the issue has cleared up)...BUT I'm not talking about that! What I'm curious about is this 40 month policy I'm hearing about? I know the DMV has a 36 month policy for any discrepancy pertaining to your license before it clears off. But this 40 months with TA??? If anyone has any solid information on this please post. (DO NOT ASSUME WHAT WE ARE FAMILIAR WITH IN ACCORDANCE TO DMV's policy in regards/reference to the 36 months they require/monitor). Also...I would like to know...does any issues needing to clear follow/begin from the date of the ticket offense or does it follow the date of conviction??? Not that I have anything to worry about but I am much curious about these questions???

anyone know when will get the official results in the mail ? 

I am assuming six months after the exam was given, so July/August of 2013. By that time the all-important 'List' will be produced as well for us to view.

• 2 weeks later...

out of 80 questions... I got 20 wrong... kinda feelings alil upset with myself... I know I passed but I know I can do soo much better.... I think I got an 80 something on this exam... which exquates to a late call back if they even do call me back

out of 80 questions... I got 20 wrong... kinda feelings alil upset with myself... I know I passed but I know I can do soo much better.... I think I got an 80 something on this exam... which exquates to a late call back if they even do call me back

At 1.25 points for each question, 1.25 times 20 equals 25. Therefore, you got a 75 on the exam...definitely a late call back. From what I heard in the past, they will call you, it will just be a matter of time...

• 3 weeks later...

Everybody is waiting for you to say somthing lol :D    and i just got my congrats letter just a few weeks ago and I took the exam in nov / dec you should call them and they can tell you if it was mailed out it could have been lost in the mail, thats what i had to do.   good luck

Archived