Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys how are you? Havent been on here in a while! Well I'm glad for those that got the call. Looks like they are in the 230s now, so now the list is moving. Still waiting for my call for a second drug test. Just anxious as all of you are. 

By the way, more than 34,000 people took exam #2613, and only 3,621 made the list. 

As far as exam #4600, that was way easier than exam #2613! 4600 was all reading comprehension, and looking at a bus map and bus timings! I was like, what!?! If I don't get a 98 on the 4600 I'll go nuts lol thats how easy that exam was. the 2613 was at least challenging, thy had questions abut NYC landmarks, parks, traffic signs. The 4600 was more about policies and rules of the MTA. I have the feeling the 4600 exam will have MANY people getting a 90 on this exam.

Hey guys how are you? Havent been on here in a while! Well I'm glad for those that got the call. Looks like they are in the 230s now, so now the list is moving. Still waiting for my call for a second drug test. Just anxious as all of you are. 

Thank you! My list number is actually in the low 270s, and I got a phone call, in which I have to report for a second drug test on Thursday morning, 12/19/2013.

By the way, more than 34,000 people took exam #2613, and only 3,621 made the list.

As far as exam #4600, that was way easier than exam #2613! 4600 was all reading comprehension, and looking at a bus map and bus timings! I was like, what!?! If I don't get a 98 on the 4600 I'll go nuts lol thats how easy that exam was. the 2613 was at least challenging, thy had questions abut NYC landmarks, parks, traffic signs. The 4600 was more about policies and rules of the MTA. I have the feeling the 4600 exam will have MANY people getting a 90 on this exam.

But all of us....Young, troop, nycpips, Dre87, yourself and me included will still all get called before "so and so" with list # 001 off exam 4600.

Guess when you making 40 or 50 or under this is the perfect job ,I been making 80 for the pass 6 years so hard for me to go backwards for 4 years and 60 hrs that's crazy I got a family don't want to work no where for 60 hrs I took the test without really looking at the pay just listening to people but now I got the black and white don't think I can afford it from a clean 1000 + after taxes to 1300 every two weeks I think I would be a fool. dee best of luck hope you make that serious money. Lol

so Dee77 will be right there in 3 or 4 years. So stay there and make that 80K. With MTA if you are getting paid for 45-50-55, however many hours the route is paying...you don't actually work that many hours. My friend was over today, he just made his pick, its paying 48 hours a week but he is only working about 34, on two of the days he has two 5 hour breaks. 

You were complaining about picking up garbage at 50 years old...so you could either go with the MTA , or stick with garbage and start investing get a turn on your money ( options, equities, buy a route, open a biz , real estate etc etc ) 

MTA either works for you or it doesn't if 1300 every 2 weeks just doesn't financially cut it then its a no brainer you cant do it, I wouldn't. But if you can cut down  and make it work but things are just tight for awhile then do it. 

Well if he can't take the job due to the fact of money. I understand you have to do what you have to do. If you looking for $80k a year here. It can be done just not when you start you have to stay under the radar.Your first year you can make around $53k-$60k. in Line Training you will make over time. Remember anything over 8 Hrs is overtime . Not after 40 hrs that's one good thing. also you get  about $2 more for working PM's and Weekends an hour. 

so Dee77 will be right there in 3 or 4 years. So stay there and make that 80K. With MTA if you are getting paid for 45-50-55, however many hours the route is paying...you don't actually work that many hours. My friend was over today, he just made his pick, its paying 48 hours a week but he is only working about 34, on two of the days he has two 5 hour breaks. 

You were complaining about picking up garbage at 50 years old...so you could either go with the MTA , or stick with garbage and start investing get a turn on your money ( options, equities, buy a route, open a biz , real estate etc etc ) 

MTA either works for you or it doesn't if 1300 every 2 weeks just doesn't financially cut it then its a no brainer you cant do it, I wouldn't. But if you can cut down  and make it work but things are just tight for awhile then do it. 

In actuality your friend is working even less in bus operation there are 2 things to take into account the amount of hours being paid and the amount of hours your actually working and thats not mean when your there but driving if you have a chance ask your friend to actually add up the time he is driving example i got paid 9hrs and 36 min to do the 59 for NJT but I only actually drove for 7hrs and 10min the rest is layover, deadheading and built in OT  

His mind seems made up tho I do also remember him not wanting to pick garbage at 50 but its whatever im in the 570s and on a outstanding certification and have no qualms about taking this position

Well if he can't take the job due to the fact of money. I understand you have to do what you have to do. If you looking for $80k a year here. It can be done just not when you start you have to stay under the radar.Your first year you can make around $53k-$60k. in Line Training you will make over time. Remember anything over 8 Hrs is overtime . Not after 40 hrs that's one good thing. also you get  about $2 more for working PM's and Weekends an hour. 

I believe youll agree with me on this RTS yeah there is money to be made as an operator but there is NO obligation for us to remain one MTA is a big place  

In actuality your friend is working even less in bus operation there are 2 things to take into account the amount of hours being paid and the amount of hours your actually working and thats not mean when your there but driving if you have a chance ask your friend to actually add up the time he is driving example i got paid 9hrs and 36 min to do the 59 for NJT but I only actually drove for 7hrs and 10min the rest is layover, deadheading and built in OT  

His mind seems made up tho I do also remember him not wanting to pick garbage at 50 but its whatever im in the 570s and on a outstanding certification and have no qualms about taking this position

I believe youll agree with me on this RTS yeah there is money to be made as an operator but there is NO obligation for us to remain one MTA is a big place  

Your right about that. Remember you don't want to be  B/O  you can move up and down a cross.

Archived