Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Nope none of those were available either and just to let you know once you pick queens or S.I your in there for your entire career its a union thing.

What was available in BK?

We're they letting u pick into MaBSTOA?

You get to pick into whatever has available slots. When it was our classes time to pick, we only had 6 depots to pick from, 3 TA depots and 3 OA depots. Just keep in mind that last sentence of the first paragraph in your pre-employment letter, they can send you to any location, to work any day at any time. Once you're in you're at their mercy pretty much.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know when do your health/dental benefits kick in once you done with training?

According to HR, it's the first of the month AFTER you complete 90 days. This starts with your first day of class if I understood correctly.

You get to pick into whatever has available slots. When it was our classes time to pick, we only had 6 depots to pick from, 3 TA depots and 3 OA depots. Just keep in mind that last sentence of the first paragraph in your pre-employment letter, they can send you to any location, to work any day at any time. Once you're in you're at their mercy pretty much. Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Not to be an ass, but do u remember the depots?

Hell yeah it feel good cause now its official and congrats to you, now we just gotta learn them lines

Thanks man one step closer to getting our badges

Congrats. Remember dont be a big head while behind and on the job while your on probation.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I thought y'all said only manhattan was available but but just named some queens depots.

Nobody said that it dont matter anyway because once you get to that point of picking your depot you really dont know whats going to be available. I myself had 4 depots to pick just in case one wasnt there with gunhill as my number 1 and tuskegee as my #2 thanks to my list # I got the depot I wanted.

I thought y'all said only manhattan was available but but just named some queens depots.

Nobody said that it dont matter anyway because once you get to that point of picking your depot you really dont know whats going to be available. I myself had 4 depots to pick just in case one wasnt there with gunhill as my number 1 and tuskegee as my #2 thanks to my list # I got the depot I wanted.

Dee is right. And if you were at the bottom of the class by list number you're gonna get assigned to whatever is left. 9 people got assigned to MV because all other depots filled up. Best advice I would give is don't come with any expectations to go where you want to go.

Dee is right. And if you were at the bottom of the class by list number you're gonna get assigned to whatever is left. 9 people got assigned to MV because all other depots filled up. Best advice I would give is don't come with any expectations to go where you want to go.

Hey Dee.....u got gun hill?

So wait....Each class bottom list #s get assigned since there is no where to pick OR its from now on there's nowhere to pick and they send u at THEIR mercy?

Congrats ALL!!!!

@WannaBeMTA12... I c you added Whitestone,NY. Good move. Finally. Now we know even more about you... LOL

@FmrCUSAOp...

What area in Staten Island are you from?
How do you feel about your pick, I believe, somewhere in the city?
Was anything available in SI at the time of your pick?
Will you be able to pick in SI later? Maybe next pick?

I talked to one driver at Charleston Depot (my Priority aim as its 5 blocks away from my home, but any out of 4 SI depots will do) and he told me NOT to turn down the job because of location AND that in 6 months I will be in SI...

...BUT going to Queens or Bronx ALL THE WAY from where I am will be like a BIG F Disaster...

Congrats ALL!!!!

@WannaBeMTA12... I c you added Whitestone,NY. Good move. Finally. Now we know even more about you... LOL

@FmrCUSAOp...

Will you be able to pick in SI later? Maybe next pick?

I talked to one driver at Charleston Depot (my Priority aim as its 5 blocks away from my home, but any out of 4 SI depots will do) and he told me NOT to turn down the job because of location AND that in 6 months I will be in SI...

...BUT going to Queens or Bronx ALL THE WAY from where I am will be like a BIG F Disaster...

I live on the North Shore. I'm taking my Depot assignment in stride and waiting on my transfer whenever it should come through. As I've said before, you probably will be put where you don't wanna work for line training. Just put in your transfer on day one of training, and roll with it. You'll get where you wanna go eventually.

Congrats ALL!!!!@WannaBeMTA12... I c you added Whitestone,NY. Good move. Finally. Now we know even more about you... LOL@FmrCUSAOp...What area in Staten Island are you from?How do you feel about your pick, I believe, somewhere in the city?Was anything available in SI at the time of your pick?Will you be able to pick in SI later? Maybe next pick?I talked to one driver at Charleston Depot (my Priority aim as its 5 blocks away from my home, but any out of 4 SI depots will do) and he told me NOT to turn down the job because of location AND that in 6 months I will be in SI......BUT going to Queens or Bronx ALL THE WAY from where I am will be like a BIG F Disaster...

Wen i joined this forum in 09 that option wasn't available....and since 09 I've always used the mobile version.

I went on my computer and logged in....it looked so different and had more features....thanks Harry.

So yes....I listed my hometown, Whitestone

As well as added a signature, and changed my icon to something more appropriate Lmao. I kno what I look like...

And yes...from SI to Queens is a trek.....imagine now to BX.

Do u drive?

How does the whole transfer to another depot thing work? Is it on availability.and seniority?

Yes. I wanna kno this too

Because I kno my ass will end up in a Manhattan depot and I want out to Queens or Bronx ASAP .

Hey Dee.....u got gun hill?

So wait....Each class bottom list #s get assigned since there is no where to pick OR its from now on there's nowhere to pick and they send u at THEIR mercy?

other depots might become available to other classes depending on the needs, so its basically all luck for us. 

Congrats ALL!!!!

@WannaBeMTA12... I c you added Whitestone,NY. Good move. Finally. Now we know even more about you... LOL

@FmrCUSAOp...

Will you be able to pick in SI later? Maybe next pick?

I talked to one driver at Charleston Depot (my Priority aim as its 5 blocks away from my home, but any out of 4 SI depots will do) and he told me NOT to turn down the job because of location AND that in 6 months I will be in SI...

...BUT going to Queens or Bronx ALL THE WAY from where I am will be like a BIG F Disaster...

I just talked to a Charleston depot driver. They have 24 newbies starting tomorrow. They are now open on weekends so that is a good thing. 

Yes, I do drive. Usually it takes me 20 mins to get to work. I just jump on 440 (2 blocks away from my house) and I am there.
BUT getting to any other borough will be a huge change.

I EVEN turned down Road Sup position in Harlem division for this reason...

Archived