Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Yes, I do drive. Usually it takes me 20 mins to get to work. I just jump on 440 (2 blocks away from my house) and I am there.

BUT getting to any other borough will be a huge change.

I EVEN turned down Road Sup position in Harlem division for this reason...

Living on the south shore of SI blows.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My ex neighbor is in Flatbush Depot. He is there forever and he never transferred to SI. I asked him why once. He said he has best Union and bennies and he would loose it if transfer back to SI.

South Shore or North Shore is not big deal. I can get from one part to another in like 15 mins. Going to other boro and come back is PAIN.

My ex neighbor is in Flatbush Depot. He is there forever and he never transferred to SI. I asked him why once. He said he has best Union and bennies and he would loose it if transfer back to SI.

The unions usually get the same contract, maybe not at the same time but eventually. Pretty sure he loses signority within the depot. I know a few guys who live on SI and work in Queens depot, they all say SI depots suck and the customers here are ridiculous- at least those riding Castleton depot buses

My ex neighbor is in Flatbush Depot. He is there forever and he never transferred to SI. I asked him why once. He said he has best Union and bennies and he would loose it if transfer back to SI.

South Shore or North Shore is not big deal. I can get from one part to another in like 15 mins. Going to other boro and come back is PAIN.

Big difference commuting to other boroughs if you are on the north shore vs south shore especially depending on time of day.

There are nuts in every boro.

Believe me as AAR driver I drive everywhere every day.

What do nuts have to do with it? I'm talking commute time...North Shore SI vs South Shore SI aren't even comparable. I'm over the VZ bridge in 5 minutes. If you are near Bloomingdale on ramp its an easy 30-40 minutes (am/pm rush) to the VZ, by the time you get to the VZ, I'm almost in Queens. 

There are nuts in every boro.Believe me as AAR driver I drive everywhere every day.

Let me correct you....

There are nuts in every STATE.

I drive thru more then 2 states a day.....there are some stupid ppl out there.

Let it rain or snow.....ppl forget how to drive.

Question for those that did the initial 10 days of training with the instructors... After orientation at zerega how do you know which depot you will be going to for the instructional training? Are you assigned a depot or is it a pick as well? Thanks!

Hey guys,
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

@nycpips... Huh? No, man, I thought YOU were talking about ridiculous CUSTOMERS at least those riding CASTLETON buses? No?

That's why I said there are nuts in every boro...

And YES if you by the VZ and I am at OBX you gonna beat me, but definitely not in Queens. Probably gonna stuck by GOWANUS... if we talking AM/PM. It depends where you are located compare to me?

You may also compare you at Zerega Av and me at Bloomingdale Rd. Both of us going to Zerega Depot...Lol

SI North Shore stretches from VZ all the way to Goethals bridge. Its good 9.3 miles.
Where in SI are you?

Question for those that did the initial 10 days of training with the instructors... After orientation at zerega how do you know which depot you will be going to for the instructional training? Are you assigned a depot or is it a pick as well? Thanks!

They assign u the depot for training.

Hey guys,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

@nycpips... Huh? No, man, I thought YOU were talking about ridiculous CUSTOMERS at least those riding CASTLETON buses? No?

That's why I said there are nuts in every boro...

And YES if you by the VZ and I am at OBX you gonna beat me, but definitely not in Queens. Probably gonna stuck by GOWANUS... if we talking AM/PM. It depends where you are located compare to me?

You may also compare you at Zerega Av and me at Bloomingdale Rd. Both of us going to Zerega Depot...Lol

SI North Shore stretches from VZ all the way to Goethals bridge. Its good 9.3 miles.

Where in SI are you?

About 1 minute to the Clove Rd on ramp

Did anyone drive to zerega for training? And if so how was the parking situation? I start training on Sunday the 29th.. I figure there should be parking around the facility on a Sunday.... Any suggestions where to park safely? Merry Christmas!!

Did anyone drive to zerega for training? And if so how was the parking situation? I start training on Sunday the 29th.. I figure there should be parking around the facility on a Sunday.... Any suggestions where to park safely? Merry Christmas!!

On a Sunday there should be parking. From reading this thread, you may only be at Zerega only for a few days, especially if you are training out of another depot or facility. I live in Queens, therefore during the week I plan on taking the Q44 and walking a few blocks. On the weekend, I plan on either driving to Whitestone/College Point or the Bronx.

Okay folks, after doing a second drug test on December 19th, I got a call if not today, sometime this past Tuesday (since Wednesday was a holiday) to come back to 180 Livingston Street on December 31st at 7:30 AM for medical and possibly final processing.

My list # is 2** with a score of 87.50% on the exam.

Happy Holidays to all.

Archived