Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Okay folks, after doing a second drug test on December 19th, I got a call if not today, sometime this past Tuesday (since Wednesday was a holiday) to come back to 180 Livingston Street on December 31st at 7:30 AM for medical and possibly final processing.

My list # is 271 with a score of 87.50% on the exam.

Happy Holidays to all.

Great info. Thanks !

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay folks, after doing a second drug test on December 19th, I got a call if not today, sometime this past Tuesday (since Wednesday was a holiday) to come back to 180 Livingston Street on December 31st at 7:30 AM for medical and possibly final processing.

Happy Holidays to all.

Congrats Young wish you the best thanks for sharing the good news Happy holidays

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Okay folks, after doing a second drug test on December 19th, I got a call if not today, sometime this past Tuesday (since Wednesday was a holiday) to come back to 180 Livingston Street on December 31st at 7:30 AM for medical and possibly final processing.

Happy Holidays to all.

Congratulations, YoungNYCSubwayFan. Thank you for all the valuable information you provide. I was wondering if you, or anyone else, know if MTA inquires about prospective employees' mental illness during the hiring process? I have no chance at passing the oral psychological exam for NYPD, FDNY, DOC, etc. because I have been diagnosed with depression and I've been on medication since I was a teenager. I’ve also been hospitalized once before. On the BOSS exam, or at any other point in the hiring process, does MTA ask if you ever have been diagnosed with a mental illness or if you take medication for a mental illness? My illness doesn’t affect my work; I’ve worked for the same company for over 10 years and I’ve been promoted several times. Thank you for your input.

I hope they don't call me for my 2nd drug test anytime soon....

I'm in Binghamton til 12.31

If they do, they usually give you a few days advance notice...therefore, even if they call you this Monday or Tuesday, providing you gave them your cell # they will have you come down to 180 Livingston Street in very early 2014.

Congratulations, YoungNYCSubwayFan. Thank you for all the valuable information you provide. I was wondering if you, or anyone else, know if MTA inquires about prospective employees' mental illness during the hiring process? I have no chance at passing the oral psychological exam for NYPD, FDNY, DOC, etc. because I have been diagnosed with depression and I've been on medication since I was a teenager. I’ve also been hospitalized once before. On the BOSS exam, or at any other point in the hiring process, does MTA ask if you ever have been diagnosed with a mental illness or if you take medication for a mental illness? My illness doesn’t affect my work; I’ve worked for the same company for over 10 years and I’ve been promoted several times. Thank you for your input.

First of all, thank you. Second, to answer your question, I do not believe the MTA inquires about prospective employees' mental illness. They give you the BOSS, which is a mini-psychological survey, and providing you pass it, you are good to go. From what I've experienced so far, they do not ask if you've ever been diagnosed with a mental illness or anything like that. So far I have been asked to sign two papers - one of them is for a background check (which includes consumer report for employment, background, character, general reputation, mode of living, credit worthiness & job performance) and the other is for "Disclosure & Authorization for Release of Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Information".

First of all, thank you. Second, to answer your question, I do not believe the MTA inquires about prospective employees' mental illness. They give you the BOSS, which is a mini-psychological survey, and providing you pass it, you are good to go. From what I've experienced so far, they do not ask if you've ever been diagnosed with a mental illness or anything like that. So far I have been asked to sign two papers - one of them is for a background check (which includes consumer report for employment, background, character, general reputation, mode of living, credit worthiness & job performance) and the other is for "Disclosure & Authorization for Release of Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Information".

One of the papers we signed the day we went for the drug test asked if we had mental illness or take any medication for it. I am pretty sure that they will inquire and put you on medical hold. They need to cover themselves.

Does anyone know if MTA will disqualify anyone who has sleep aspnea and is being treated with the aid of a c-pap machine. Any information on this will be greatly appreciated. For those that dont know a c-pap is a machine used to clear the airways in your throat to allow R.E.M sleep in lamest terms sleep without snoring allowing one to rest better. Any info will be greatly appreciated

One of the papers we signed the day we went for the drug test asked if we had mental illness or take any medication for it. I am pretty sure that they will inquire and put you on medical hold. They need to cover themselves.

How can they put you on medical hold as a result of taking a drug test? The only way they can put you on medical hold is if something comes up during the medical (my opinion).

I have a question regarding the credit check? What if your credit had problems in the past ? Will they hold that against you? Thanks you

As long as you do not have any 'current' credit problems, you should be fine. If they mention that they found something, just tell them the truth. We are not 100% perfect.

I have a question regarding the credit check? What if your credit had problems in the past ? Will they hold that against you? Thanks you

I'm not barking at you...but I'm tired of seeing this question being asked....

Why would your credit matter?.....u drive a bus for the city

Now if u were applying for the cdl armored truck (mta or private) THEN they will run your credit...they don't want someone with crappy credit and outstanding loans transporting hundreds of thousands on a daily basis.

But fellas....come on. Common sense should prevail here.....we are a driving sensitive job, not money sensitive job

(And please....If they are worried about $2.50 in coins....they will just terminate you...I've heard of a driver from 126 St. Depot getting canned for picking up and pocketing a dollar coin)

I'm not barking at you...but I'm tired of seeing this question being asked....

Why would your credit matter?.....u drive a bus for the city

Now if u were applying for the cdl armored truck (mta or private) THEN they will run your credit...they don't want someone with crappy credit and outstanding loans transporting hundreds of thousands on a daily basis.

But fellas....come on. Common sense should prevail here.....we are a driving sensitive job, not money sensitive job

Thank you @WannaBeMTA12!!!

Does anyone know if MTA will disqualify anyone who has sleep aspnea and is being treated with the aid of a c-pap machine. Any information on this will be greatly appreciated. For those that dont know a c-pap is a machine used to clear the airways in your throat to allow R.E.M sleep in lamest terms sleep without snoring allowing one to rest better. Any info will be greatly appreciated

U will put you on hold and have to get clearance from your pulmonogist. The doctor at MTA that is conducting your medical will want to know if you know the setting of your cpap machine alone with some data regarding your sleep apnea. They may also ask you to do a sleep study or a maintenance of awakeness test.

U will put you on hold and have to get clearance from your pulmonogist. The doctor at MTA that is conducting your medical will want to know if you know the setting of your cpap machine alone with some data regarding your sleep apnea. They may also ask you to do a sleep study or a maintenance of awakeness test.

I appreciate the quick response I usually get a study done every year as per my current employer. It is however good to know or have an idea to what the MTA would ask for thanks again

How can they put you on medical hold as a result of taking a drug test? The only way they can put you on medical hold is if something comes up during the medical (my opinion).

As long as you do not have any 'current' credit problems, you should be fine. If they mention that they found something, just tell them the truth. We are not 100% perfect.

No more mental illness bro

Archived