Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are though. There is paperwork in there that asks about it

And they have you sign a form for this as well? When was this? I've been down there 3x already (prior to medical) and don't recall anything... do you recall what color it was?

From the last two times I was down at 180 Livingston Street, the yellow paper was for any previous drug tests, the pink form was for any veterans credits, and we had to also hand in the packet of papers they mailed us.

And they have you sign a form for this as well? When was this? I've been down there 3x already (prior to medical) and don't recall anything... do you recall what color it was?

From the last two times I was down at 180 Livingston Street, the yellow paper was for any previous drug tests, the pink form was for any veterans credits, and we had to also hand in the packet of papers they mailed us.

I believe it was in the packet they mailed us.

So what # are they up too do we think? I think 271 was highest we seen from in here?

I believe it was in the packet they mailed us.

So what # are they up too do we think? I think 271 was highest we seen from in here?

Yes, 271 is the highest number (which is me). I believe 'WannaBeMTA12' has a list number in the 320s who also went for the first drug test around the same time as me (first two weeks of November 2013) but did not receive a phone call to come back for the second drug test yet.

I just looked over the 21 page booket I have to hand in next time I go down to 180 Livingston Street and there is nothing in there asking about mental illness or anything like that. It is basically a review of your previous employment and education (starting with elementary school).

Yes, 271 is the highest number (which is me). I believe 'WannaBeMTA12' has a list number in the 320s who also went for the first drug test around the same time as me (first two weeks of November 2013) but did not receive a phone call to come back for the second drug test yet.

I just looked over the 21 page booket I have to hand in next time I go down to 180 Livingston Street and there is nothing in there asking about mental illness or anything like that. It is basically a review of your previous employment and education (starting with elementary school).

Correction

Initial drug test was 11.16.13 I was sitting wit troop and nycpips

The rest u said was correct....still waiting (tapping my right foot)

Correction - #383

Initial drug test was 11.16.13 I was sitting wit troop and nycpips

The rest u said was correct....still waiting (tapping my right foot)

Thank you! You took your initial drug test on Saturday November 16th? Okay...

Thank you! You took your initial drug test on Saturday November 16th? Okay...

No we were there 11.12.13

I just looked over the 21 page booket I have to hand in next time I go down to 180 Livingston Street and there is nothing in there asking about mental illness or anything like that. It is basically a review of your previous employment and education (starting with elementary school).

No the one we got in the mail when we were told to report for the drug test. Plus they are going to ask day of the medical anyway, or at least have a questionnaire

WannabeMTA have a feeling we will get our call in January

No we were there 11.12.13

No the one we got in the mail when we were told to report for the drug test. Plus they are going to ask day of the medical anyway, or at least have a questionnaire

Nycpips is correct.

It was 11.12.13

I took MaBSTOA 3101 on 11.16.13

I hope they call mid of January....

I'm not ready jus yet to leave my job lol

Young,

Are you ready to become a B/O. How long was you at medical for. Did you used a computer. They didn't use when I started.

Yes I am. What will help me is that I drove a livestock trailer for a farm for the past 2 years, so I am familiar with driving big vehicles and having only side mirrors to rely upon. I go for the all-day medical on December 31st. Unfortunately, it is a 2-hour commute from 180 Livingston Street to where I live, therefore I will try to respond as quickly as I can.

I know most of you out there (including those who are reading this for informational purposes) are like :drool:...I will try my best.

Wen u work for transit u can upgrade asap. Lol

Why a 2 hr commute?

If you look on a map, I live right near the intersection of the Long Island Expressway and the Clearview Expressway. Therefore, I usually take the (F) to 169th Street (2nd to last stop) and transfer to the Q30 or the Q76, which normally takes 90 minutes. However, I always like to give myself extra time, in the event there are signal problems or something similar (http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34484-unplanned-subway-service-changes-discussion/page-167 for those who are unsure about what I'm talking about). In addition, from going to school in Downtown Brooklyn for the past 5 terms, if they are doing minor track work in which the trains have to slow down and blow their horn to alert the workers on the tracks, I can kiss my subway to bus connection good bye and sometimes have to wait another half-hour.

If I do find out about something like this happening early then I can always take the (A) to Broadway Junction, the (J) to Sutphin Blvd/Archer Avenue to the Q30.

Like I said, I just like to always give myself extra time. You never know what can happen. In addition, I always like to be early for if not everything, most things. If I am on time or late, I usually curse myself out.

If you look on a map, I live right near the intersection of the Long Island Expressway and the Clearview Expressway. Therefore, I usually take the (F) to 169th Street (2nd to last stop) and transfer to the Q30 or the Q76, which normally takes 90 minutes. However, I always like to give myself extra time, in the event there are signal problems or something similar (http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34484-unplanned-subway-service-changes-discussion/page-167 for those who are unsure about what I'm talking about). In addition, from going to school in Downtown Brooklyn for the past 5 terms, if they are doing minor track work in which the trains have to slow down and blow their horn to alert the workers on the tracks, I can kiss my subway to bus connection good bye and sometimes have to wait another half-hour.

If I do find out about something like this happening early then I can always take the (A) to Broadway Junction, the (J) to Sutphin Blvd/Archer Avenue to the Q30.

Like I said, I just like to always give myself extra time. You never know what can happen. In addition, I always like to be early for if not everything, most things. If I am on time or late, I usually curse myself out.

Live near st. Francis prep

I know most of you out there (including those who are reading this for informational purposes) are like :drool:...I will try my best.

Young, I really appreciate your updates and feedback. Thank you (and same goes to others who have shared), i'm a bit less apprehensive about what to expect.. 

If you look on a map, I live right near the intersection of the Long Island Expressway and the Clearview Expressway. Therefore, I usually take the (F) to 169th Street (2nd to last stop) and transfer to the Q30 or the Q76, which normally takes 90 minutes. However, I always like to give myself extra time, in the event there are signal problems or something similar (http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34484-unplanned-subway-service-changes-discussion/page-167 for those who are unsure about what I'm talking about). In addition, from going to school in Downtown Brooklyn for the past 5 terms, if they are doing minor track work in which the trains have to slow down and blow their horn to alert the workers on the tracks, I can kiss my subway to bus connection good bye and sometimes have to wait another half-hour.

If I do find out about something like this happening early then I can always take the (A) to Broadway Junction, the (J) to Sutphin Blvd/Archer Avenue to the Q30.

Like I said, I just like to always give myself extra time. You never know what can happen. In addition, I always like to be early for if not everything, most things. If I am on time or late, I usually curse myself out.

Take the lirr from jamaica to atlantic. That would save u a lot of time.

That's a bigger variety than my class. We were 48 TA and 2 MTA Bus. One OA person joined for GI and HR day.

And the person who has Fallon, you're in good hands. The classmates that had her said she was nice, but will give you a unsatisfactory mark in a heartbeat.

Anyone get Supt. Giaimo?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the feedback on my mental illness question. I probably do not have a shot at the MTA bus operator position, especially because Exam 4600 was so easy. As much as it hurts me to admit, there are going to be too many qualified candidates for the MTA to take a chance on someone like me, who is "damaged goods." Anyway, I wish you all the best of luck. If you come across any mental hygiene questions on any paperwork you have to fill out, please post the info. Thanks again.

No... I would say about 48. They had some MABSTOA and MTA BUS people in there with TA people. I would guess out of the 48 that were there about 26 TA people.

This list gonna move slow if they gonna mix the classes with mta bus, & mabstoa. ????

Archived