Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let us know when they call u for medical...anyone one know what the next couple training classes are scheduled for?

Hey nycpips....As promised I'm updating.....421pm I'm driving on FDR I get a call from MTA (last time they called I saved the number under MTA) told me to come in for medical in the 22nd.

I jus pissed for them yesterday.....Damn that was the quickest drug test I ever took.

Hey nycpips....As promised I'm updating.....421pm I'm driving on FDR I get a call from MTA (last time they called I saved the number under MTA) told me to come in for medical in the 22nd.

I jus pissed for them yesterday.....Damn that was the quickest drug test I ever took.

Nice we will be there the same day. Hopefully they call me back as quick as they called u bc I am sick of my job knowing this is so close.

Just got the call , they checking urine quick Wednesday 7:30 drug test yesterday

Just heard from my boy all the guys that went in class early dec got Manhattan routes my boy is leaving he has a wife and kids and his hours are 2 - 11:59 pm his wife works at 7 am- 4:30

Just got the call , they checking urine quick Wednesday 7:30 drug test yesterday

Just heard from my boy all the guys that went in class early dec got Manhattan routes my boy is leaving he has a wife and kids and his hours are 2 - 11:59 pm his wife works at 7 am- 4:30

He is quitting?

Yo troop....I guess u made up your mind to come to mta?

And I really wanna go to Queens or brooklyn....no Manhattan

And I really wanna go to Queens or brooklyn....no Manhattan

Good luck with Queens...I heard that Queens and Staten Island have very high priority, especially since it is very easy for the guys who either live in Long Island or New Jersey.

Also, for those who are :drool: about my progress...by this time tomorrow night I will post my status on the medical hold. I promise!

From what I heard at Zerega there will be a class every two weeks. Not just TA, there will be OA and MTA Bus also. Everyone will train together.

Rm3271 Congrats on making it on day 7 knew it wouldn't be a problem for you. I have a question about the process like your self I have been driving for some time now. I am trying to sharpen up when I am on my routes push and pull, covering brakes on the stale green lights, covering mirrors on turns. Are these the type of things the instructors are looking for. Also did you have any bad habbits they corrected you on.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Hey WannaBeMTA12,

They already called you for Medical (Physical)?

That's quick!!!

I had my 2nd Drug Test last Friday and nothing since then

Sinyguy.....

Yes. I took a piss yesterday and today they calling me telling me to come in 1.22 for the medical....It's an all day thing...bring food.....blah blah blah....

U kno the drill.

But yea....Wed will decide my fate

Good luck with Queens...I heard that Queens and Staten Island have very high priority, especially since it is very easy for the guys who either live in Long Island or New Jersey.

Also, for those who are :drool: about my progress...by this time tomorrow night I will post my status on the medical hold. I promise!

If you like weekends off u can get them much quicker on Staten Island, about 4 years vs 8-10 years in the other boroughs.

hi guys. i have a question about medical exam: is less than a perfect eyesight acceptable? currently i only wear corrective lenses at night. also have a cdl-b license - qualified with my not 20/20 eyesight. will i have any problems on mta medical? any thoughts?

hi guys. i have a question about medical exam: is less than a perfect eyesight acceptable? currently i only wear corrective lenses at night. also have a cdl-b license - qualified with my not 20/20 eyesight. will i have any problems on mta medical? any thoughts?

What does your license say for "restrictions"?

Rm3271 Congrats on making it on day 7 knew it wouldn't be a problem for you. I have a question about the process like your self I have been driving for some time now. I am trying to sharpen up when I am on my routes push and pull, covering brakes on the stale green lights, covering mirrors on turns. Are these the type of things the instructors are looking for. Also did you have any bad habbits they corrected you on.

That's exactly the stuff they look for.... Also covering the right side of the bus, they are big on that. The only bad habit that the instructor noticed was that every once in a while I would tend to grab the spokes of the steering wheel. Just listen and do whatever they ask and you will be fine... Good luck!

they are going to give you a vision test, so you will find out. 

Hey guys as far as I could understand that TA is for all the other borough except Queens which is for MTA therefore if you work for TA you can't choose a depot in Queens.

Yes u can. It's 3 TA depots in queens. Jamaica, queens village, & Casey stengel.

That's exactly the stuff they look for.... Also covering the right side of the bus, they are big on that. The only bad habit that the instructor noticed was that every once in a while I would tend to grab the spokes of the steering wheel. Just listen and do whatever they ask and you will be fine... Good luck!

Thanks

Archived