Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Hunterxp1

Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Can anyone explain some of the things you look for when choosing a depot to work at?

Everyone is different... But in my opinion the first thing you should be concerned with is the commute. TA is all about time. You don't what to many things to factor in to your commute that can cause you to be late... The closer the better! One minute late to work with TA and your run is gone!! If you drive then parking would be another thing... Also routes, Some people don't like doing express routes or routes where you have to drive articulate buses...

Wow thanks for your opinion,So what happens when your run is gone?

Probably get left with a shittier run

@rm3271 is the B46 your official run your sticking with or are you still on floater?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Still line training....

Wow thanks for your opinion,So what happens when your run is gone?

If you are 1 minute late you are AWOL... Your run will be gone, it's up to the dispatcher what they wanna do with you... If he's short dudes on the extra list he might have you stick around. He can also send you home without pay for the day. Either way you're going to get a violation and going to have to see the boss... Not good!!

Yea always pick the depot closest to your home.

Even in a storm....u gotta report in, even if u don't go out because the weather conditions are bad, u are still expected at your report time.

I'm on SI so if I don't get lucky with an SI depot I'm going with Manhattan 2nd...MJ Quill hopefully

I want queens or brooklyn depots

@ wannabeMTA12 that kinda sucks for me but that's what we all signed up for right??

Rm3271 thanks for the heads up on that!

NP!

Rm3271 I know you in Rt training how many rts do you get trained for. Is all of them or just the current open runs. Also do they provide rt guides to follow.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I want queens or brooklyn depots

@ wannabeMTA12 that kinda sucks for me but that's what we all signed up for right??

I want BK more than queens...but, I'll take any dept jus to get my ass in the door!

Rm3271 I know you in Rt training how many rts do you get trained for. Is all of them or just the current open runs. Also do they provide rt guides to follow. Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

You have to learn every route that leaves your depot.

Rm3271 I know you in Rt training how many rts do you get trained for. Is all of them or just the current open runs. Also do they provide rt guides to follow.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

They try to teach you all the routes that come out of the depot.... No guides, you write down the rights and lefts yourself!

about how many rt are there per depot ???   I know they will all be different but about how many 

Refer to http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=New_York_MTA_Bus_Operations_Depot_Roster. This should be helpful.

They try to teach you all the routes that come out of the depot.... No guides, you write down the rights and lefts yourself!

You can't even print out the map of the certain routes from mta.info? Wow...

about how many rt are there per depot ???   I know they will all be different but about how many

Roughly between 8 and 13, but each depot is different.

about how many rt are there per depot ???   I know they will all be different but about how manyRoughly between 8 and 13, but each depot is different.
Thanks for the info Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know any new hires that have missed turns and or have gotten lost while doing a rt and if so what where the consequencesSent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk