AIM question

7LineFan

Anyone who uses AIM, quite obviously I have a question for you.

Dear::AIM USERs........ Because of our overloading of our servers, we are being forced to extract our non-active AIM users. Because this is a free service, AOL has exceeded the budget for the AIM service. We are asking that you send this exact message to 20 other AIM users to ensure us that you're an active AIM user. Our system tracking devise will pick up this message to keep you on our active list. You have 72 hours to complete this task or your service will be cancelled immediately. Starting January 1st, 2009, we will be charging a small fee for registering of a screen name for AIM. Thank you for your time and for using AOL or AIM. Sincerely, Mark Jenkins

Did anyone get this message and is it true or not?

I never got such an email, I hope this is not true though...

I got it from one of my friends on AIM. I don't think it would be true because wouldn't AOL tell all of its users directly about this? Or simply charge for the service? And also "devise" is misspelled. It should be "device"...

But then again, it may be true, so be wary...

Anyone who uses AIM, quite obviously I have a question for you.

Dear::AIM USERs........ Because of our overloading of our servers, we are being forced to extract our non-active AIM users. Because this is a free service, AOL has exceeded the budget for the AIM service. We are asking that you send this exact message to 20 other AIM users to ensure us that you're an active AIM user. Our system tracking devise will pick up this message to keep you on our active list. You have 72 hours to complete this task or your service will be cancelled immediately. Starting January 1st, 2009, we will be charging a small fee for registering of a screen name for AIM. Thank you for your time and for using AOL or AIM. Sincerely, Mark Jenkins

Did anyone get this message and is it true or not?

Total bullshit. Do not fall for these false emails. Exceeded the budget for AIM budget give me a break. AOL has bandwidth for days. As long as their advertisers keep paying them don't expect for AIM to go anywhere anytime soon.

AIM pays for itself with ads on the sign up page. TW also has enough cash to fund AIM for about 6,000,000 years. AOL doesn't even control AIM anymore, TW does. Chain letters suck.

- Andy

Yeah, someone sent me that yesterday, and I responded with "Whats with the spam?"

Knew it was strange since, first, it doesn't make sense, and second, something like that should be notified by the AIMbot or in the mailbox.

Yeah, someone sent me that yesterday, and I responded with "Whats with the spam?"

Knew it was strange since, first, it doesn't make sense, and second, something like that should be notified by the AIMbot or in the mailbox.

Haha...someone sent me a phony stock tip once for some crap penny stock that they were obviously using to rip people off...

I reponsded with "forwarded to enforcement@sec.gov"

PWND!

shortly after the stock tips stopped coming...

Haha...someone sent me a phony stock tip once for some crap penny stock that they were obviously using to rip people off...

I reponsded with "forwarded to enforcement@sec.gov"

PWND!

shortly after the stock tips stopped coming...

I've heard that the SEC has very long memories of people who don't cooperate with them.

I've heard that the SEC has very long memories of people who don't cooperate with them.

Yup I believe it...got no respect for any of those sleazy day trader types who try and pump money into a stock by hyping it so THEY can sell and leave everyone else holding an empty bag...

Hopefully the SEC made sure their trading days were done, and it was true, I really did forward those emails on to the SEC...

And who'da thought it was a good way to make them stop altogether right? Well now I just gotta find a way to stop the s*** that keeps comin in from "Canadian Pharmacy"...

Yup I believe it...got no respect for any of those sleazy day trader types who try and pump money into a stock by hyping it so THEY can sell and leave everyone else holding an empty bag...

Hopefully the SEC made sure their trading days were done, and it was true, I really did forward those emails on to the SEC...

And who'da thought it was a good way to make them stop altogether right? Well now I just gotta find a way to stop the s*** that keeps comin in from "Canadian Pharmacy"...

It's kind of insulting to americans if they kepp sending weight loss and male enhancement emails. How many times must someone send something relating to that? Also, don't even get me started on the rip-off schemes from africa. :mad:

- Andy

It's kind of insulting to americans if they kepp sending weight loss and male enhancement emails. How many times must someone send something relating to that? Also, don't even get me started on the rip-off schemes from africa. :mad:

- Andy

well face it a lot of people in this country DO need to lose weight... a lot of it in fact..

luckily for me i dont..

it always bothered me being skinny how I always get told "EAT MORE" (which i do i just got a fast metabolism) but I could never tell a fatty "EAT LESS" without everyone getting all upset.

As for "male enhancement" all the plumbing works and is the right size, not going to waste money fixing what "ain't broke" B) B)

But getting emailed about the irrelevant and the unnecessary is quite annoying, I feel you on that one..

Archived