Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

B16 cut to Parkisde Av..... Ehh, I'm not too sure on that one.

You don't have to agree, but No one really rides it past that point.... They should have left B16's ending at Parkside....

Those residents of those apartments along ocean b/w parkside & lincoln walk to the closest subway anyway

I don't question the need for the local service, but that doesn't mean that a few LTDs couldn't be added during rush hour to speed up the commutes of folks coming from the subway. It's not about the B36 meeting the LTD requirements, but about shortening the commutes of folks that have long commutes to South Brooklyn. That was the point I was making. Local service sucks esp. on the B36 due to bunching and I never understood why for a relatively short line there is so much bunching. They could do something similar to what is done on Staten Island with LTD service.

In all honesty, I wasn't even referencing your post...

I'd love to see the (B4) reroute to go to 4th and 86th, releiving (B1) pressure also, how often would you have the B4 run, same as now, or change the headways, same for the (B23) as the (B16)? And yea, leave the (B31) alone, its fine as is.

during the weekday:

B4: peak headways, 10 mins.... off peak headways, remains the same

B16: same headways as current service

B23: peak headways, 15 mins... off peak headways, 15-20 mins....

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea, without a doubt, this was by far up there with the worst cuts by the MTA, or mayb the (B64) could be Re-routed to go VIA 86th Street, if someone needs UP depot, take the (B3) or the (B82),(B82LTD) or the (B6) (B6LTD)at 86th STREET and Bay Pkway, (B64) should stay on 86th street from 13th Ave on, it would go all the way down 86th to Ave X, go via Ocean Pkway to Neptune, and Neptune to stillwell, mayb?

If it went all the way down 86th Street, what would serve Bath Avenue? Riders going down 86th Street would have the B1, so there'd be no point in messing up the B64 like that.

Just keep the Bath Avenue routing the same. How it reaches 86th & 4th doesn't really make a big difference (whether it goes on Cropsey or 86th Street)

Wishful thinking but that wouldn't happen. If the (MTA) eliminated the B2, the service levels on the B100 wouldn't increase to what they should or if they did only temporarily just for them to go and reduce it.

Keep in mind two things:

1) The MTA supposedly still has that blank check agreement with the City of NY.

2) This is what I think should be done in that area of Brooklyn. As BrooklynBus says, the MTA doesn't understand how to lok at the routes as a network, which is why their changes usually involve just 1 or 2 routes.

I mean, you admitted yourself that it wouldn't be a bad idea if it were actually executed the way I intended.

since the site's been down, I've been working on my map.... all I basically gotta do is add text.... anyway, I have the:

- B1 remaining the same

- B4 running from knapp/voorhies to 86th/4th (via av z, via 86th)

- B64 running from mermaid bus loop to 86th/4th (via bath av, via VA hospital)

- B31 remaining the same

- B2 extended to Xaverian HS (via av P)

- B16 altered to serve ft. hamilton pkwy where it currently doesn't, also cut back to parkside (Q)

- and the "B23" running from ft hamilton pkwy/86th st to Rockaway Pkwy (L)

(via 13th/14th av's, via church av (F)(G), via cortelyou...)

there's other ideas I have, but I'll just list the ones relevant/related to your reply here....

-----------------------------

If both the B1 and B4 are on 86th Street, what's serving Bay Ridge Avenue?

And I picked the B31 instead of the B2 because like I said, I'd replace the B2 with an altered B100. That could be the route that's extended westward instead, but I think the B31 would see a greater ridership increase.

Oh, and I'd extend the B8 back to the 95th Street (R) station. Even if there aren't a whole lot of people transferring to the B8 from the SI routes (since the B64 would cover it up to 18th Avenue), I still think it's important for connectivity purposes.

And yeah, now that I think about it, it would help routes like the B8 and B35 if the 13th/14th Avenue route went further east. But I think you're missing a lot of shopping along 86th Street by leaving it at Fort Hamilton Parkway. I think 4th Avenue would be a better terminal, if you can find the layover space.

If both the B1 and B4 are on 86th Street, what's serving Bay Ridge Avenue?

And I picked the B31 instead of the B2 because like I said, I'd replace the B2 with an altered B100. That could be the route that's extended westward instead, but I think the B31 would see a greater ridership increase.

Oh, and I'd extend the B8 back to the 95th Street station. Even if there aren't a whole lot of people transferring to the B8 from the SI routes (since the B64 would cover it up to 18th Avenue), I still think it's important for connectivity purposes.

And yeah, now that I think about it, it would help routes like the B8 and B35 if the 13th/14th Avenue route went further east. But I think you're missing a lot of shopping along 86th Street by leaving it at Fort Hamilton Parkway. I think 4th Avenue would be a better terminal, if you can find the layover space.

- To answer the question (bay ridge pkwy I'm assuming you mean), A "B5" I have going from narrows rd to surf/stillwell...

bay ridge avenue, I have the B2 extension taking that, en route to xaverian....

- as far as the B2/31/100, I have the 100 going down to the shopping center (ceasars bay) via kings hwy.... the 82 discontinued.... and the old B50 revived w/ a slight modification....

I'd rather have the B2 run weekends (and extended elsewhere) than extending a route whose main purpose is to serve one set of riders.... That increase in ridership you're talking about, I'd rather give to the 2 instead of the 31.... let the 31 remain serving its current purpose....

- I thought about the whole B8 thing; I just left it as ending at the hospital....

but IRL, if they did extend it back to 95th, I'd have no problem w/ it whatsoever.....

- Yeah, that's exactly why I didn't send it (the 23) to 86th/4th.... terminal space (same reason why the Q58 terminates where it does in flushing)....

Anyway, I have the B1, 4, 64, along w/ the SI routes ending at 86th/4th....

- To answer the question..... A "B5" I have going from narrows rd to surf/stillwell...

- as far as the B2/31/100, I have the 100 going down to the shopping center (ceasars bay) via kings hwy.... the 82 discontinued.... and the old B50 revived w/ a slight modification....

- I thought about the whole B8 thing; I just left it as ending at the hospital....

but IRL, if they did extend it back to 95th, I'd have no problem w/ it whatsoever.....

- Yeah, that's exactly why I didn't send it (the 23) to 86th/4th.... terminal space (same reason why the Q58 terminates where it does in flushing)....

Bro one question? What serves Cropsey between 25th Ave and Stillwell? The renamed (B64) which becomes the "B5" under your plan?

I still agree with cutting the "B82" as i still felt one route should run between Canarise-Rockaway pwy. and Stillwell/Caser's Bay (B6) terminal. While the restored (B50) runs between Coney Island/Kings Highway and Gateway Mall/Spring Creek. Reactions and please clarify (B35)?

1) To answer the question..... A "B5" I have going from narrows rd to surf/stillwell...

2) - Yeah, that's exactly why I didn't send it (the 23) to 86th/4th.... terminal space (same reason why the Q58 terminates where it does in flushing)....

1) I assume it would take the western part of the B4 route, but then stay on Stillwell Avenue instead of turning off onto (I think) 86th Street, right?

2) Just to make an easier transfer to the SI routes, maybe you could send it to the VA Hospital via FHP-92nd Street-7th Avenue (And riders could transfer at the stop before the SI routes go over the VZ Bridge)

1) I assume it would take the western part of the B4 route, but then stay on Stillwell Avenue instead of turning off onto (I think) 86th Street, right?

2) Just to make an easier transfer to the SI routes, maybe you could send it to the VA Hospital via FHP-92nd Street-7th Avenue (And riders could transfer at the stop before the SI routes go over the VZ Bridge)

1] for the most part, yup...

it's basically the B4 route b/w narrows av & (stillwell/25th).... then 25th av from stillwell to cropsey.... then the (prior) B82 routing from cropsey/25th to surf/stillwell.....

2] I think I see what you're gettin at.... Thanks for the suggestion.

at the time, I wadn't thinkin about the connectivity b/w my b23 & the SI routes.... my major concern was, where should I put that route down in bay ridge (b/c really, outside of the B16, I didn't want any other route panning west past 4th av)... having the 23 do what you suggest would be an alternative to what the B8 (used to) do down there along 92nd st, as far as xferring b/w the SI routes goes.... but on the flipside, I don't want the 23 & the 8 (and the 64) serving the hospital; I'm not sure if that little pickup/dropoff area inside the hospital can handle all those buses....

Bro one question?

What serves Cropsey between 25th Ave and Stillwell? The renamed B64 which becomes the "B5" under your plan?

I still agree with cutting the "B82" as i still felt one route should run between Canarise-Rockaway pwy. and Stillwell/Caser's Bay B6 terminal.

While the restored (B50) runs between Coney Island/Kings Highway and Gateway Mall/Spring Creek. Reactions and please clarify (B35)?

1] Yup, my "B5" serves that stint you're asking about.....

But it's not a renamed B64; I have both of those routes going to CI

(B5 via cropsey, B64 via bath & stillwell [no harway av])

2] Well the B6 ends by Ulmer park, but I still get your point....

...as far as extending a "B50" to gateway, sure, that could work too bro.... but I don't think both the routes that serve starrett need to head out to gateway.... I feel the 83 is all is necessary for that purpose, while leaving the "50" to remain ending at penn/seaview.....

Edited by B35 via Church
add on / combination of replies

Ideally this is what the (B2) (B4) and (B36) should like.

(B4)Knapp Street service

weekdays 6am-11pm Saturdays 7am-11pm Sundays 8am-9pm

All other times at Sheapshead station

B2 restore Saturday service running every 15 minutes from appx. 8am-8pm.

B36 10 minute headways saturdays 11am-8pm and sundays 12 Noon-6pm.

I live on the Nostrand Avenue end of the B/36 and there is no need for a B/36 limited but for short turn buses to the Sheepshead Bay Station especially during rush hours. Service levels have to be increased as many times there are standees during non-rush hours and on weekends just as many members of the forum have suggested. The B/4 has to be restored to Knapp Street back to the times that it had before the June 2010 cuts. No everyone wants to take the B/44 and then take the B/36 to the station (and crossing Nostrand Avenue and Avenue Z). I agree that the B/2 service on the weekends as well.

The problem is that this community is not active and interestingly there is an election for the state senate this coming tuesday and I have not seen one word as to what either candidate will do to stop the cuts in MTA funding or to help bus service in this area.

MY IDEA FOR SOUTH BROOKLYN:

B1: Current routing.

B3: Current routing.

B4: Extra runs added.

B8: Full time to Shore Road.

B10a (Or B10):Via 13 & 14 Avenue & Bath Ave to Coney Island. Combined with B64.

B10b (Or B19): Via 13 & 14 Avenues & 65 Street to Sunset Park.

B16: Rerouted along Fort Hamilton Parkway between McDonald Avenue & 58 Street.

B19: See B10a.

B33: Via Avenue X & Bay Ridge Avenue from Sheepshead Bay to Bay Ridge. (Taken partially from ConeyIslandAve7's signature.)

B36: Combined with B31. 7-10 extra runs added on weekdays.

B64: Combined with B10/B10a.

B63: Current routing.

B70: Terminates as Shore Road.

Edited by ThrexxBus

Hey another proposal by a middle school kid in 'love' with NYC Buses. Don't forget (not to meant to break your heart three)is add in money and politics to the idea. Replies in red.

MY IDEA FOR SOUTH BROOKLYN:

B1: Current routing. I would actually consider extending it to either the 95th/

4th (R) station or even 86th/Shore Road. I state this because the current terminal at 86th/4th is dangerous especially the illegal left turn(except for (MTA) buses from 86th onto 5th Ave.

B3: Current routing.-Agreed.

B4: Extra runs added.-Restore service to Knapp as i stated 7 days a week w/ late evening service to/from Sheapshead Bay (Q) station.

B8: Full time to Shore Road. Why? It already a very long route. If anything just resume the pre-June 2010 service w/ most buses going to VA Hosptial and some extended to 95th St during most of the day until 10pm.

B10a (Or B10):Via 13 & 14 Avenue & Bath Ave to Coney Island. Combined with B64.

First where is the 'northern terminal"? Church Ave/McDonald? Church/Nostrand? Flatbush and Prospect Park (Q) station? Besides most (B64) would prefer service to be restored to 86th/4th. Looks like you were eading from map and not thinking carefully kid.

B10b (Or B19): Via 13 & 14 Avenues & 65 Street to Sunset Park.

Where the southern terminal here? 86th/4th? VA Hosptial? Need to know full route before making a comment. I agree with B35 idea of restoring the B23 and running it along 13/14th Aves between Kensignton and Sunset Park.

B16: Rerouted along Fort Hamilton Parkway between McDonald Avenue & 58 Street.

B19: See B10a.

B33: Via Avenue X & Bay Ridge Avenue from Sheepshead Bay to Bay Ridge.

That what the "B4" is for. A better idea IMO is running a 'shuttle bus' between say Caser's Bay (Bay Parkway/Belt Pwy)and Shore Rd./Bay Ridge Ave similar to old (B34) bus.

(Taken partially from ConeyIslandAve7's signature.)

B36: Combined with B31. 7-10 extra runs added on weekdays.

"NO" to mergering the B31/B36. A better idea(not saying i endorse)was extending the '36' to Kings Plaza. A better idea (not saying I endorse it) would be to extend the (B31) to either Caser's Bay Mall(Bay Pwy. & the Belt)or Bay Ridge Ave.

B64: Combined with B10/B10a.

How about leaving the B64 alone i.e current routing to Bay Ridge Ave. Or at worse mergering it with the the B70.

B65: Current routing.

Sorry to sound rude but news flash young man the (B65) has nothing to do with Southern Brooklyn.

B70: Terminates as Shore Road. Then how does riders in Southern Bay Ridge/Sunset park/dyker heights travel between the VA Hosptial and their locations?

Replies in Red.

There hasn't been a reasonable alternative since the B4 (B4) bus route had been reduced east of Avenue Z and Ocean Parkway. I'm for the (B4) going back to the old ways, via Neptune Avenue.

As for the B36 (B36), I'd like to see that extended to Kings Plaza to take the load off that B3 (B3) bus route for those going between there and Brighton Beach/Coney Island for instance, that way those riders have a direct ride to the shopping mall from there.

Hey another proposal by a middle school kid in 'love' with NYC Buses. Don't forget (not to meant to break your heart three)is add in money and politics to the idea. Replies in red.[/Quote]

B10a/b: They start at Prospect Park. Combining with the B64 will save money, and the B1 is blocks away.

B33: This is an alternative to the B4, as MattTrain was complaining about. It will supplement the B4 & provide service to Bay Ridge Avenue.

B65: I meant B63. Changed.

B8/70: The B8 will go an extra 4 blocks. How is that making the route too long?

All other points, I agree.

Edited by ThrexxBus

There hasn't been a reasonable alternative since the B4 (B4) bus route had been reduced east of Avenue Z and Ocean Parkway. I'm for the (B4) going back to the old ways, via Neptune Avenue.

I don't think it was too bad an idea to move the B4 off Neptune Avenue. It helps people going between Sheepshead Bay and Bay Ridge because they don't have to waste extra time going down to Neptune Avenue, then back up to Avenue Z, and then back down to Emmons Avenue.

B8/70: The B8 will go an extra 4 blocks. How is that making the route too long?

All other points, I agree.

I'm not seeing what you're saying. I don't think buses are sllowed to go through Fort Hamilton.

Yea, when I used to ride the B4, pre cuts, it never got that much ridership along the Neptune, so I agree with the MTA running it straight across Ave Z.

I don't. There is a school right at Emmons and Shore Blvd which I actually used to attend (IS 43 before it became a specialized school) and used that old discontined B4 stop. In fact there are a few things down on Neptune Ave too and not having the B4 there sucks royally. If anyone attends any of those schools along the way from Sheepshead Bay they are stuck with making two transfers more than likely and having to walk a distance to get over to the B36 and then transfer to the B49 and walk from there if their destination isn't in the immediate area. :tdown: It's also interesting to note that without the B4 now, many businesses along Emmons Ave have went bust. :tdown: No transportation=fewer businesses thriving which stinks for Sheepshead Bay. I noticed this while on the BM3 a few weeks ago.

I don't think it was too bad an idea to move the B4 off Neptune Avenue. It helps people going between Sheepshead Bay and Bay Ridge because they don't have to waste extra time going down to Neptune Avenue, then back up to Avenue Z, and then back down to Emmons Avenue.

Yeah, but you already have the B36 on Avenue Z. Meanwhile you have nothing serving Neptune Avenue and only the B44 serves Emmons Avenue for a short stretch. :tdown: You also forget how many elderly folks used the B4. Their lifeline was basically taken from them with that re-route and cut. :tdown::tdown:

As for the B36 (B36), I'd like to see that extended to Kings Plaza to take the load off that B3 (B3) bus route for those going between there and Brighton Beach/Coney Island for instance, that way those riders have a direct ride to the shopping mall from there.

I agree on both fronts. That could also make the B36 a candidate for LTD stop service, as I remember the B3 crawling down Avenue U to get to Kings Plaza. :P

I live on the Nostrand Avenue end of the B/36 and there is no need for a B/36 limited but for short turn buses to the Sheepshead Bay Station especially during rush hours. Service levels have to be increased as many times there are standees during non-rush hours and on weekends just as many members of the forum have suggested. The B/4 has to be restored to Knapp Street back to the times that it had before the June 2010 cuts. No everyone wants to take the B/44 and then take the B/36 to the station (and crossing Nostrand Avenue and Avenue Z). I agree that the B/2 service on the weekends as well.

The problem is that this community is not active and interestingly there is an election for the state senate this coming tuesday and I have not seen one word as to what either candidate will do to stop the cuts in MTA funding or to help bus service in this area.

Well the question is #1 why don't you think B36 commuters deserve a faster ride to get to and from the (Q) train or other connections & #2, why isn't the community more active these days? I grew up in Sheepshead Bay and I can never remember the community being so non-chalant as it is now and days. Maybe it is because different folks live there now than when I was living there, many of whom don't speak English.

1) I don't. There is a school right at Emmons and Shore Blvd which I actually used to attend (IS 43 before it became a specialized school) and used that old discontined B4 stop. In fact there are a few things down on Neptune Ave too and not having the B4 there sucks royally. If anyone attends any of those schools along the way from Sheepshead Bay they are stuck with making two transfers more than likely and having to walk a distance to get over to the B36 and then transfer to the B49 and walk from there if their destination isn't in the immediate area. :tdown: It's also interesting to note that without the B4 now, many businesses along Emmons Ave have went bust. :tdown: No transportation=fewer businesses thriving which stinks for Sheepshead Bay. I noticed this while on the BM3 a few weeks ago.

2) Yeah, but you already have the B36 on Avenue Z. Meanwhile you have nothing serving Neptune Avenue and only the B44 serves Emmons Avenue for a short stretch. :tdown: You also forget how many elderly folks used the B4. Their lifeline was basically taken from them with that re-route and cut. :tdown::tdown:

3) Well the question is #1 why don't you think B36 commuters deserve a faster ride to get to and from the (Q) train or other connections & #2, why isn't the community more active these days? I grew up in Sheepshead Bay and I can never remember the community being so non-chalant as it is now and days. Maybe it is because different folks live there now than when I was living there, many of whom don't speak English.

1) You're not understanding what we're saying.

First of all, Emmons Avenue would still have the B4. Service east of the Sheepshead Bay station remains as is, so stop talking about businesses on Emmons Avenue being shut down and all that.

Second of all, you wouldn't have to make any transfers with the B36. Maybe if somebody really can't walk, they can transfer to the B49 at the Sheepshead Bay station if they're going to the area by Shore Blvd/Emmons Avenue (or they can just ride to Ocean Avenue/Emmons Avenue and backtrack a few blocks)

For those along Neptune Avenue, they can walk down to the B1 if they're going towards Bay Ridge. There's no need to transfer to the B36. If they're going to Sheepshead Bay, their trip will be a bit harder, as they'll have to walk extra to Avenue Z, but if you think about it, it's not much longer because they don't have to make the loop by the train station (Neptune-SHB Road-Avenue Z-Ocean Avenue-Emmons Avenue), and passengers going between both sides of the route don't have to put up with that loop.

2) Very few people are going to ride solely along Avenue Z (the portion between SHB Road and Ocean Parkway), so it doesn't matter that the B36 is right there.

Like I said, Neptune Avenue is within walking distance of the B1 if one wishes to go to Bay Ridge. If not, they'll just have to walk the extra distance to the B4.

And what does the B44 have to do with this? Again, you're not understanding what I'm saying. Service east of the SHB station wouldn't be affected.

As for the elderly folks, yes I should know considering my grandmother still has friends there. But the distance to reach a bus would still be relatively short. If they have to, they'll have to make a transfer.

3) Well, the B3 should probably get a limited first. That would help a lot more riders. The from Nostrand Avenue to the SHB station isn't that long. It's far longer from Bergen Beach and the areas along the B3.

1) You're not understanding what we're saying.

First of all, Emmons Avenue would still have the B4. Service east of the Sheepshead Bay station remains as is, so stop talking about businesses on Emmons Avenue being shut down and all that.

Second of all, you wouldn't have to make any transfers with the B36. Maybe if somebody really can't walk, they can transfer to the B49 at the Sheepshead Bay station if they're going to the area by Shore Blvd/Emmons Avenue (or they can just ride to Ocean Avenue/Emmons Avenue and backtrack a few blocks)

For those along Neptune Avenue, they can walk down to the B1 if they're going towards Bay Ridge. There's no need to transfer to the B36. If they're going to Sheepshead Bay, their trip will be a bit harder, as they'll have to walk extra to Avenue Z, but if you think about it, it's not much longer because they don't have to make the loop by the train station (Neptune-SHB Road-Avenue Z-Ocean Avenue-Emmons Avenue), and passengers going between both sides of the route don't have to put up with that loop.

2) Very few people are going to ride solely along Avenue Z (the portion between SHB Road and Ocean Parkway), so it doesn't matter that the B36 is right there.

Like I said, Neptune Avenue is within walking distance of the B1 if one wishes to go to Bay Ridge. If not, they'll just have to walk the extra distance to the B4.

And what does the B44 have to do with this? Again, you're not understanding what I'm saying. Service east of the SHB station wouldn't be affected.

As for the elderly folks, yes I should know considering my grandmother still has friends there. But the distance to reach a bus would still be relatively short. If they have to, they'll have to make a transfer.

3) Well, the B3 should probably get a limited first. That would help a lot more riders. The from Nostrand Avenue to the SHB station isn't that long. It's far longer from Bergen Beach and the areas along the B3.

I'm not talking about would, I'm talking about HERE and NOW. Right now there is NO B4 service along the corridors in question or no B4 outside of rush hours, so let's be clear on that. Right now businesses along the corridors once serviced by the B4 are hurting, so yes I'm going to continue to talk about it since you think it's good to have the current routing with two buses serving Avenue Z and nothing serving Neptune Avenue. :tdown::tdown: I'm not interested in any other restoration of the B4 other than its old routing. I lived near and used the line for years and have used it on numerous occasions from one end to another so I speak from experience and not just some map.

I'm understanding completely. Again, I'm talking about the CURRENT situation of the B4, not what it could be, so I have no need to address your other points on the B4. I want the route restored the way it was. End of story. All of this crappola about walking here and there. To the (MTA) just restore the route the way it was and stop making life miserable for commuters and businesses along the line! :mad:

As for the B3, yeah maybe it should. Another line that suffers from bunching.

1) I'm not talking about would, I'm talking about HERE and NOW. Right now there is NO B4 service along the corridors in question or no B4 outside of rush hours, so let's be clear on that. Right now businesses along the corridors once serviced by the B4 are hurting, so yes I'm going to continue to talk about it since you think it's good to have the current routing with two buses serving Avenue Z and nothing serving Neptune Avenue. :tdown::tdown: I'm not interested in any other restoration of the B4 other than its old routing. I lived near and used the line for years and have used it on numerous occasions from one end to another so I speak from experience and not just some map.

2) I'm understanding completely. Again, I'm talking about the CURRENT situation of the B4, not what it could be, so I have no need to address your other points on the B4. I want the route restored the way it was. End of story. All of this crappola about walking here and there. To the (MTA) just restore the route the way it was and stop making life miserable for commuters and businesses along the line! :mad:

1) Well ranting about it over and over isn't going to do anything now is it? You keep on acting like you're the only one who wants the B4 brought back to Sheepshead Bay.

I'll ask again: What do Neptune Avenue and Avenue Z have to do with Emmons Avenue?

And yes, I support the current routing of Avenue Z vs. Neptune Avenue, but with the buses going to Knapp Street at all times. So what if there's 2 buses on the same street for what? Less than a mile?

And if you supposedly used it for all that distance, wouldn't you agree that it is at least faster to avoid that whole loop by the SHB station? Considering SHB Road can sometimes have double-parked cars and things like that? I'm not saying Avenue Z is a lot better, but at least it would speed up the trip.

2) Well what's the point in talking about that when nobody's disagreeing with you?

1) Well ranting about it over and over isn't going to do anything now is it? You keep on acting like you're the only one who wants the B4 brought back to Sheepshead Bay.

I'll ask again: What do Neptune Avenue and Avenue Z have to do with Emmons Avenue?

And yes, I support the current routing, but with the buses going to Knapp Street at all times. So what if there's 2 buses on the same street for what? Less than a mile?

And if you supposedly used it for all that distance, wouldn't you agree that it is at least faster to avoid that whole loop by the SHB station? Considering SHB Road can sometimes have double-parked cars and things like that

What "supposedly"? I had a B/O (cool Puerto Rican/German dude) who drove on the line when I was attending IS43 on Emmons and Shore Blvd and I'd ride with him from IS43 over to Knapp Street, then go from Knapp St to Bay Ridge and then back to Sheepshead Bay when I was in the mood. Even got to announce some stops along the way. :cool:

Anywho, the point isn't about it being faster. The point is that the Neptune Avenue doesn't have a local bus and it should IMO, especially seeing how many seniors depended on the B4. That's the point. Look at the B49's routing. It takes the old B4 routing to SHB station, which is stupid IMO. It should go back to its old routing up Sheepshead Bay Rd, which is much more direct and faster, esp. seeing that it would serve the same purpose.

2) Well what's the point in talking about that when nobody's disagreeing with you?

2) Uh, let's see.... What part of "I want the old routing back" do you not understand??? That includes the old routing of Neptune & Avenue Z, which you and a few others don't want, so yeah we're not agreeing, contrary to what you seem to think. lol

I don't. There is a school right at Emmons and Shore Blvd which I actually used to attend (IS 43 before it became a specialized school) and used that old discontined B4 stop. In fact there are a few things down on Neptune Ave too and not having the B4 there sucks royally. If anyone attends any of those schools along the way from Sheepshead Bay they are stuck with making two transfers more than likely and having to walk a distance to get over to the B36 and then transfer to the B49 and walk from there if their destination isn't in the immediate area. :tdown: It's also interesting to note that without the B4 now, many businesses along Emmons Ave have went bust. :tdown: No transportation=fewer businesses thriving which stinks for Sheepshead Bay. I noticed this while on the BM3 a few weeks ago.

yess i agree! i used to go to that school 2years ago....and many of my friends....students...take the B4...and B49 and B36 that stopped there...to take them along the route...that was very useful...as of the cuts for the B4...idk if theres a B4 that goes there for the kids...and they should resume service back via Neptune

yess i agree! i used to go to that school 2years ago....and many of my friends....students...take the B4...and B49 and B36 that stopped there...to take them along the route...that was very useful...as of the cuts for the B4...idk if theres a B4 that goes there for the kids...and they should resume service back via Neptune

Thank you. I rest my case. As for the trippers, the only bus that I knew of that stopped there for the school kids were B36s going to Coney Island. At that time though it hadn't become a specialized school like it is now, so you may not have many kids from Coney Island going there.

1) Anywho, the point isn't about it being faster. The point is that the Neptune Avenue doesn't have a local bus and it should IMO, especially seeing how many seniors depended on the B4. That's the point. Look at the B49's routing. It takes the old B4 routing to SHB station, which is stupid IMO. It should go back to its old routing up Sheepshead Bay Rd, which is much more direct and faster, esp. seeing that it would serve the same purpose.

2) Uh, let's see.... What part of "I want the old routing back" do you not understand??? That includes the old routing of Neptune & Avenue Z, which you and a few others don't want, so yeah we're not agreeing, contrary to what you seem to think. lol

1) Are you talking about it going by East 14th Street rather than just taking Sheepshead Bay Road to Avenue Z?

In any case, the point is that you can't serve everybody. Sometimes you have to bypass an area to provide better service for the rest of the riders. It's not like it's a really far distance, and if they need to they can always take the B1, B49 or B68 for a couple of stops. Even if the senior finds it too hard to walk over to Avenue Z, they've got to be within walking distance of one of those routes, and like I said, the B1 could even cover a good part of those passengers' trips.

Plus, there are other areas with a larger gap in east-west service. For instance, there's nothing between Avenue Z and Avenue U (east of Ocean Parkway, since the B1 spends a few blocks on Avenue X)

2) But then there's still no point in repeatedly mentioning Emmons Avenue.

1) Are you talking about it going by East 14th Street rather than just taking Sheepshead Bay Road to Avenue Z?

In any case, the point is that you can't serve everybody. Sometimes you have to bypass an area to provide better service for the rest of the riders. It's not like it's a really far distance, and if they need to they can always take the B1, B49 or B68 for a couple of stops. Even if the senior finds it too hard to walk over to Avenue Z, they've got to be within walking distance of one of those routes, and like I said, the B1 could even cover a good part of those passengers' trips.

Plus, there are other areas with a larger gap in east-west service. For instance, there's nothing between Avenue Z and Avenue U (east of Ocean Parkway, since the B1 spends a few blocks on Avenue X)

No, the point is you destroy ridership and businesses by not serving areas that should be served that had bus service.

2) But then there's still no point in repeatedly mentioning Emmons Avenue.

There most certainly is. The point is the B4 needs to be brought back. Without it the businesses along Emmons Ave will continue to suffer.

....which is where the demand is anyway (bensonhurst, included).

Having the route go down that stretch of Neptune that it did, hardly did anyone justice..... b/w CI Hospital & shore blvd, sure you'd see ppl waiting for the sheepshead bound B4 - but these folks would be those coming off 68's.... Not having the route serve neptune anymore wasn't the problem, as much as it was the fact that it no longer served sheepshead bay (all times)..... Most the B4 usage b/w CI hosp. & shore blvd were of students - not grady or lincoln kids, but by that school over there across the street from the BM3 terminal, which is more sheepshead bay than it is brighton......

Had the route continued to serve sheepshead all times, I don't think you would have heard a peep out of brighton riders about some neptune avenue service.... I remember you sayin you used to live out there, so you know how minimal the demand for bus service was.... at the time I attended Grady, going & coming, I would notice the nuances of the B4 along neptune.... Never understood why the route was hardly utilized, until I came to some realizations.... It was all about the brighton (line), the WB B1 (heading towards CI hosp, etc), and the NB B68 (heading towards kings hwy, etc.)..... The B4 was an afterthought; large in part b/c the service was shit (for lack of a better term).....

I have to concur with you.... with the route having the service that it did, there was no reason to have continued service along neptune... It's a similar situation w/ the B7 up here - some routes simply don't serve people's needs - this is part of what's wrong w/ the network now; antiquated routings & the refusal of "modernizing" our routes....

....which is where the demand is anyway (bensonhurst, included).

Having the route go down that stretch of Neptune that it did, hardly did anyone justice..... b/w CI Hospital & shore blvd, sure you'd see ppl waiting for the sheepshead bound B4 - but these folks would be those coming off 68's.... Not having the route serve neptune anymore wasn't the problem, as much as it was the fact that it no longer served sheepshead bay (all times)..... Most the B4 usage b/w CI hosp. & shore blvd were of students - not grady or lincoln kids, but by that school over there across the street from the BM3 terminal, which is more sheepshead bay than it is brighton......

Had the route continued to serve sheepshead all times, I don't think you would have heard a peep out of brighton riders about some neptune avenue service.... I remember you sayin you used to live out there, so you know how minimal the demand for bus service was.... at the time I attended Grady, going & coming, I would notice the nuances of the B4 along neptune.... Never understood why the route was hardly utilized, until I came to some realizations.... It was all about the brighton (line), the WB B1 (heading towards CI hosp, etc), and the NB B68 (heading towards kings hwy, etc.)..... The B4 was an afterthought; large in part b/c the service was shit (for lack of a better term).....

I have to concur with you.... with the route having the service that it did, there was no reason to have continued service along neptune... It's a similar situation w/ the B7 up here - some routes simply don't serve people's needs - this is part of what's wrong w/ the network now; antiquated routings & the refusal of "modernizing" our routes....

The school is Bay Academy. Without the B4, they're only left with the B49, which would probably be packed with Kingsborough students by the time the bus gets to Bay Academy.