Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

1) With what, like 20-30 years of experience, yeah his opinion is worthless, right? :rolleyes: In case you've forgotten, he lives in Southern Brooklyn as well, in an area that's probably just as isolated as Gerritsen Beach (Manhattan Beach).

Oh please... If it wasn't for KCC and the beach, there wouldn't be a need for all of that service. He himself said that Manhattan Beach residents wanted those beach folks out of the neighborhood. They tolerate it, but they're not wild about it. Insular neighborhoods like to stay insular. I know since I live in one myself and we're not wild about outsiders if you catch my drift.

2) My point is that at the same time I was making proposals, he was doing that as well, and yet of course, you always go for my proposals to criticize.

At the same time when? He barely posts and hasn't been on in MONTHS to my knowledge, so I don't know what you keep going on and on about. I agreed with a few proposals NOT all of them. Give it a rest already.

3) Yeah, I doubt it's because of political power. If that were the case, the X27/28 would still have weekend service. The only thing keeping the BM4 afloat is that blank check agreement and when that expires, you can kiss that route bye-bye.

There were routes with higher ridership under (MTA) Bus that were axed, so I'd beg to differ. <_<

And nope, the B31 was the only example, and I was the one who brought it up. Nice try, though. <_< Go ahead, if you already said it then I want you to direct me to the post where you said it.

I don't care who brought it up... Still isn't a good idea for the reasons I mentioned before. Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if Gerritsen Beach protested the extension of the B31.

And how do you know thay're not going to think like that? The same way you "knew for a fact" that Country Club residents weren't shopping in Parkchester, right? There are people all over Staten Island who are insular. I know some people who barely leave their own neighborhood except to go to school, and the school is in a bordering neighborhood (i.e. They live in West Brighton or Elm Park and go to school in Port Richmond). I guess we should just have a bunch of little shuttle routes terminating in Port Richmond, right? Screw the non-insular people who need to get places outside their neighborhood. <_<

Oh please Country Club doesn't know what the hell they want so don't go bringing them into the picture. Those folks deserve whatever they get. Like I said, I know Gerritsen Beach and I'll leave it at that.

4) And if you were paying attention, you'd realize that there would be more service down Forest Avenue in general. Service to Arlington wouldn't be touched. There would be additional service running down Forest Avenue, and yet you're still complaining. <_<

Who cares about additional service if the buses come all bunched up and late? Besides that's inefficient service anyway and you know it.

5) He complains about the M15, but not about the crowding. He says it's slow and unreliable at times, but he doesn't complain about the crowding.

He has so complained about it at times.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Oh please... If it wasn't for KCC and the beach, there wouldn't be a need for all of that service. He himself said that Manhattan Beach residents wanted those beach folks out of the neighborhood. They tolerate it, but they're not wild about it. Insular neighborhoods like to stay insular. I know since I live in one myself and we're not wild about outsiders if you catch my drift.

2) At the same time when? He barely posts and hasn't been on in MONTHS to my knowledge, so I don't know what you keep going on and on about. I agreed with a few proposals NOT all of them. Give it a rest already.

3) There were routes with higher ridership under (MTA) Bus that were axed, so I'd beg to differ. <_<

4) I don't care who brought it up... Still isn't a good idea for the reasons I mentioned before. Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if Gerritsen Beach protested the extension of the B31.

5) Oh please Country Club doesn't know what the hell they want so don't go bringing them into the picture. Those folks deserve whatever they get. Like I said, I know Gerritsen Beach and I'll leave it at that.

6) Who cares about additional service if the buses come all bunched up and late? Besides that's inefficient service anyway and you know it.

1) KCC helps contribute to those routes justifying those service levels, but the primary reason the B1 is frequent is because of all the extra connections and everything it provides. KCC was around back in 1978 and yet the B21 never ran more frequently than every 15-20 minutes.

2) Even back when he was active, you would always criticize my proposals instead of his.

3) Yeah? If that's the case, which ones? And don't go asking me to provide you with numbers because if it's that obvious, you should know it off the top of your head.

4) Alright, so that's one (It was a freebie but I guess I'll count it). Now find me all those others where you're insisting I'm obsessed with extending routes. <_< Don't think you're going to squirm your way out of this.

5) Gerritsen Beach has over 6,000 residents. You know every single person there? You know every single person in there is insular the way you describe? And aside from that, Bergen Beach is isolated too. How come they were complaining when the B3 was cut back from the southern part of their neighborhood? That sure as hell connects with a whole bunch of neighborhoods and could potentially bring in "outsiders". Why aren't they complaining? They could've taken the opportunity to get that pesky B3 out of their neighborhood once and for all.

6) How do you know they'll come bunched up and late? Maybe there will be traffic and that S98 that came from Elizabeth would get there before the one from Arlington and make the difference between catching the ferry and missing it. And aside from that, you act like there's traffic 24/7, which isn't the case.

1) KCC helps contribute to those routes justifying those service levels, but the primary reason the B1 is frequent is because of all the extra connections and everything it provides. KCC was around back in 1978 and yet the B21 never ran more frequently than every 15-20 minutes.

You're talking about 40 years ago. I'm sure KCC's student population has grown since then so that is certainly one reason.

2) Even back when he was active, you would always criticize my proposals instead of his.

Here we go... Listen I'm not going to go on and on about this. I've already stated that I agreed with a few of his ideas. Like I said he barely posts and the only ideas I agreed with was the S54 and some express buses getting more service. Other than that I don't know what you keep harping on.

3) Yeah? If that's the case, which ones? And don't go asking me to provide you with numbers because if it's that obvious, you should know it off the top of your head.

No I will since you're the one that brought it up in the first place.

4) Alright, so that's one (It was a freebie but I guess I'll count it). Now find me all those others where you're insisting I'm obsessed with extending routes. <_< Don't think you're going to squirm your way out of this.

Well this is the Brooklyn bus Proposal Thread so the only one I can remember recently is the B31. The others were mainly Staten Island and the Bronx and Queens I could care less about. The Riverdale proposals have been ridiculous but again that's not Brooklyn, but rather up in Riverdale, NY.

5) Gerritsen Beach has over 6,000 residents. You know every single person there? You know every single person in there is insular the way you describe? And aside from that, Bergen Beach is isolated too. How come they were complaining when the B3 was cut back from the southern part of their neighborhood? That sure as hell connects with a whole bunch of neighborhoods and could potentially bring in "outsiders". Why aren't they complaining? They could've taken the opportunity to get that pesky B3 out of their neighborhood once and for all.

Gerritsen Beach is a tight knit community and I don't need to know every person there to know them. I went to school with enough of them and am friends with enough of them to know what I'm talking about. Furthermore, you're comparing Gerritsen Beach who BTW made a stink about losing overnight service to Bergen Beach. We're talking about an extension of a bus versus losing bus service. Two very different things.

6) How do you know they'll come bunched up and late? Maybe there will be traffic and that S98 that came from Elizabeth would get there before the one from Arlington and make the difference between catching the ferry and missing it. And aside from that, you act like there's traffic 24/7, which isn't the case.

And how do you know they won't come bunched up and late? There is no secret that Staten Island's roads are becoming more and more congested, including Forest Avenue, but you can continue to be in denial if you want. Furthermore, the S98 mainly runs during rush hours when there is heavy traffic for the most part so I don't know where you're getting this 24/7 nonsense from.

All of these rich neighborhoods don't know what the hell they want, especially Country Club. If I was a planner at the MTA, I'd just cut all their damn service, screw politics...

Anyway, I have a new proposal, I'll post it soon...

All of these rich neighborhoods don't know what the hell they want... If I was a planner at the MTA, I'd just cut all their damn service, screw politics...

Is that right? We don't know what we want huh? But yet you went crazy when I proposed cutting B46 service on runs that have high amounts of farebeaters but it is okay to cut service from affluent neighborhoods that pay the fare and contribute large amounts of taxes so that the B46 can run like water. <_<

Gerritsen Beach is a tight knit community and I don't need to know every person there to know them. I went to school with enough of them and am friends with enough of them to know what I'm talking about. Furthermore, you're comparing Gerritsen Beach who BTW made a stink about losing overnight service to Bergen Beach. We're talking about an extension of a bus versus losing bus service. Two very different things.

Just because their a tight knit community dosen't mean they all share the same values. I'm pretty sure that many of the neighborhoods in that area are split politically, Democratic/Republican. Plus, many of these neighborhoods realize that while the route goes to a certain neighborhood, it dosen't mean people from there will come. For example, the Bx10 goes to Norwood, not the most affluent area, and you guys don'y b***h about that.

Is that right? We don't know what we want huh? But yet you went crazy when I proposed cutting B46 service on runs that have high amounts of farebeaters but it is okay to cut service from affluent neighborhoods that pay the fare and contribute large amounts of taxes so that the B46 can run like water. <_<

This bulls*** again? Again, cutting service dosen't solve the problem. It just pisses people off. And half of you "affluent" people don't pay your fair share while us, the common people are struggling. Utter bulls***...

Also, I never said it's okay to cut your service. It's not okay to cut our service either.

Edited by ThrexxBus

Let me tell a story:

When the governor of NJ was planning to cut public school funding, a woman asked him about how his conscience is affected because his own children (who attend a private school) won't be affected. He shouted at the poor lady, spouting BS about her questioning where he sends his kids. She cowered.

It's the same thing. You have no problem cutting our service because it dosen't affect you. Period.

Just because their a tight knit community dosen't mean they all share the same values. I'm pretty sure that many of the neighborhoods in that area are split politically, Democratic/Republican. Plus, many of these neighborhoods realize that while the route goes to a certain neighborhood, it dosen't mean people from there will come. For example, the Bx10 goes to Norwood, not the most affluent area, and you guys don'y b***h about that.

Oh believe me, I'm not thrilled when the Bx10 lets out in the morning along Henry Hudson Parkway and neither are other folks waiting for the MetroNorth shuttle bus or the express bus with me. If I had it my way the Bx10 would just serve 231st street and then go back to Riverdale. At least we have our neighborhood to ourselves once they leave and on the weekends.

This bulls*** again? Again, cutting service dosen't solve the problem. It just pisses people off. And half of you "affluent" people don't pay your fair share while us, the common people are struggling. Utter bulls***...

Also, I never said it's okay to cut your service. It's not okay to cut our service either.

lol... Well what was that last remark then talking about "All of these rich neighborhoods don't know what the hell they want, especially Country Club. If I was a planner at the MTA, I'd just cut all their damn service, screw politics..."

Oh believe me, I'm not thrilled when the Bx10 lets out in the morning along Henry Hudson Parkway and neither are other folks waiting for the MetroNorth shuttle bus or the express bus with me. If I had it my way the Bx10 would just serve 231st street and then go back to Riverdale. At least we have our neighborhood to ourselves once they leave and on the weekends.

Is it not clear? People in Norwood have no business in Riverdale, and vice versa. The neighborhoods rarely mix. It's not a matter of just affluence, I also believe, at least for some, it's a matter of race.

lol... Well what was that last remark then talking about "All of these rich neighborhoods don't know what the hell they want, especially Country Club. If I was a planner at the MTA, I'd just cut all their damn service, screw politics..."

They're an exception... they seriously need to figure out what they want...

Edited by ThrexxBus

Is it not clear? People in Norwood have no business in Riverdale, and vice versa. The neighborhoods rarely mix. It's not a matter of just affluence, I also believe, at least for some, it's a matter of race.

Well they certainly stand out that's for sure. lol

Their an exception... they seriously need to figure out what they want...

Well they've already decided though and now they've got their lovely little loop bus.

1) You're talking about 40 years ago. I'm sure KCC's student population has grown since then so that is certainly one reason.

2) No I will since you're the one that brought it up in the first place.

3) Well this is the Brooklyn bus Proposal Thread so the only one I can remember recently is the B31. The others were mainly Staten Island and the Bronx and Queens I could care less about. The Riverdale proposals have been ridiculous but again that's not Brooklyn, but rather up in Riverdale, NY.

4) Gerritsen Beach is a tight knit community and I don't need to know every person there to know them. I went to school with enough of them and am friends with enough of them to know what I'm talking about. Furthermore, you're comparing Gerritsen Beach who BTW made a stink about losing overnight service to Bergen Beach. We're talking about an extension of a bus versus losing bus service. Two very different things.

5) And how do you know they won't come bunched up and late? There is no secret that Staten Island's roads are becoming more and more congested, including Forest Avenue, but you can continue to be in denial if you want. Furthermore, the S98 mainly runs during rush hours when there is heavy traffic for the most part so I don't know where you're getting this 24/7 nonsense from.

1) Yeah, except that within a couple of years, the frequency greatly improved compared to the old B21. Even on the western end in Bay Ridge, the frequency improved, and you're not going to BS me and say it's because of KCC because that's at the other end of Brooklyn.

2) What are you talking about "I'm the one who brought it up"? You're the one who said the BM4 wasn't cut because of political power, and said that there were other routes with more ridership that were cut. Go ahead and tell me which routes then, smart one. <_< I've posted those links up a million times. MTAFanBoy512 posted up the "Search" function, so go ahead and look for yourself.

But the fact that you have to look up the stats in the first place shows that you really didn't know whether other routes with higher ridership were saved. For your information, MTA Bus only had a couple of routes cut, and none of them involved Saturday service.

3) You're going to have to do better than that. Either find those specific proposals or STFU. <_< You were making those accusations in the Bronx thread and you didn't even know about the B31 proposal. So go ahead, if I proposed to extend so many routes, they should be very easy to find.

I'll even make it easier for you. Here's the Search function: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1

4) I doubt Bergen Beach is much less "insular" than Gerritsen Beach. If they were that "insular", they wouldn't have had bus service in the area in the first place.

5) See, this is exactly what Threxx is talking about: You don't read the entire post. I said the S98 would be expanded to run off-peak. <_< And aside from that, you act like every single S98 is going to arrive in bunches. You said there were times when you waited 30-40 minutes for a bus. Well, if there was a traffic jam at 7:00 and the buses coming from Arlington arrived at 7:10, but the bus from Elizabeth arrived at 6:50 (before the traffic jam started), then you've just been saved by the extra service.

I guess since adding extra buses doesn't help because "they'll all come bunched up", I guess it'll be alright if we cut service in half, right? Why even bother running limiteds? They'll just get bunched up anyway. <_<

All of these rich neighborhoods don't know what the hell they want, especially Country Club. If I was a planner at the MTA, I'd just cut all their damn service, screw politics...

Anyway, I have a new proposal, I'll post it soon...

Gerritsen Beach isn't a "rich neighborhood". If it were a Black neighborhood with those income levels, he would consider it poor, but since it's a White neighborhood, suddenly it's "affluent".

Gerritsen Beach isn't a "rich neighborhood". If it were a Black neighborhood with those income levels, he would consider it poor, but since it's a White neighborhood, suddenly it's "affluent".

Like Canarsie is poor, but Gerritsen Beach is rich? Racist? :ph34r:

Who said Gerritsen Beach was suddenly "affluent"?? I just said it was a tight knit, hard working middle class neighborhood, where folks look out for each other and it is safe and such. I'd take Gerritsen Beach over Canarsie any day that much I know. At least you don't have to worry about projects and such in Gerritsen Beach. And that's why the B31 shouldn't be extended. It's just a community bus for Gerritsen Beach. Nothing more, nothing less.

Who said Gerritsen Beach was suddenly "affluent"?? I just said it was a tight knit, hard working middle class neighborhood, where folks look out for each other and it is safe and such. I'd take Gerritsen Beach over Canarsie any day that much I know.

I know you would. But not for the reason you're giving us. :ph34r:

Who said Gerritsen Beach was suddenly "affluent"?? I just said it was a tight knit, hard working middle class neighborhood, where folks look out for each other and it is safe and such. I'd take Gerritsen Beach over Canarsie any day that much I know. At least you don't have to worry about projects and such in Gerritsen Beach. And that's why the B31 shouldn't be extended. It's just a community bus for Gerritsen Beach. Nothing more, nothing less.

How come you didn't say this when I proposed it? And what about my B2/100 combo? Are Marine Park & Mill Basin also not good enough for you?

Also, so you're saying that Canarsie isn't made up of hard working middle-class people? My dad lives there and he works his a** off, so I am personally offended by that! And you say that you have no prejudices... smfh...

As much as he won't admit it, he is racially biased, and just like so many today, they come up with every other reason to justify their beliefs...

I'm sorry I brought race into the discussion, but this has to be called out...

How come you didn't say this when I proposed it? And what about my B2/100 combo? Are Marine Park & Mill Basin also not good enough for you?

Also, so you're saying that Canarsie isn't made up of hard working middle-class people? My dad lives there and he works his a** off, so I am personally offended by that! And you say that you have no prejudices... smfh...

As much as he won't admit it, he is racially biased, and just like so many today, they come up with every other reason to justify their beliefs...

I'm sorry I brought race into the discussion, but this has to be called out...

LOL... Well let's see I've spent a bunch of time in Gerritsen Beach so naturally I would favor it. I've been in Canarsie I think once and saw a few tree lined streets but some parts were certainly nothing to write home about. :ph34r: The B2/B100 combo I actually discussed a long time ago and that is fine if it has to be that way.

Oh please... I happen to like close knit communities. Last I checked I live in one and we look out for each other... Hold the bus for each other and such...

LOL... Well let's see I've spent a bunch of time in Gerritsen Beach so naturally I would favor it. I've been in Canarsie I think once and saw a few tree lined streets but some parts were certainly nothing to write home about. :ph34r:

I'm not joking here. You saw something else that turned you off, and we already know what I'm talking about. I have a special place in my heart for people like that... the waste management area...

I'm not joking here. You saw something else that turned you off, and we already know what I'm talking about. I have a special place in my heart for people like that... the waste management area...

Oh please... If that was the case I would've never went there to begin with... Hell I went to speak at a mainly minority school (black and Latino) in Bed Stuy/Bushwick area last month and saw your beloved B46 bus...

Oh please... If that was the case I would've never went there to begin with... Hell I went to speak at a mainly minority school (black and Latino) in Bed Stuy/Bushwick area last month and saw your beloved B46 bus...

You know, George Zimmerman claims to have colored friends. You can learn to tolerate, but still maintain those views...

You know, George Zimmerman claims to have colored friends. You can learn to tolerate, but still maintain those views...

lol... I made no such claim... And the majority of my friends are Latinos, not to mention that I live with all minorities on my floor (a Latino next door, a Latina across from me and an Asian chick). The others in the building are mainly white and one mixed couple, but we all get along so I would beg to differ about your comment.

Lets go back topic okay. So, anyone wanna give another proposal.

Yeah let's "here" your proposal Q23... And Threxxbus where is your latest proposal at?? Also if you had to re-route the B33 from going to Harway Avenue, where would it go??

I guess the Sheepshead Bay/Nostrand Houses don't exist, right?

And people in "tight-knit" communities still travel around. You think their little neighborhood has every single service they could possibly want? The high school kids don't go to school in different neighborhoods? They do all of their shopping along the B31 route?

Well, of course. Unless you're at a KKK rally, you're not going to openly say "I'm a bigot/racist". Like Pinepower. He can say whatever he wants, but if you're constantly ranting about how "the illegals have invaded Long Island" and assuming that every Hispanic man doing construction work is an illegal immigrant, that's racist.

You notice how he tries to avoid the issues, though. I start talking about Blacks & Hispanics, and he goes "What are you talking about? I have plenty of Asian and Hispanic friends." Notice that one of the words changed? :ph34r:

Oh please... I happen to like close knit communities. Last I checked I live in one and we look out for each other... Hold the bus for each other and such...

So? Like I said, people in tight-knit communities don't do everything in the community. Take Travis, Staten Island for example. It's an isolated community, but kids still have to leave there to go to school. There's only a limited amount of shopping there, so you have to leave the neighborhood to shop (Whether it's by car or by bus)

Actually, George Zimmerman is half-Hispanic. To be honest, I don't think he was racist, so that's not really a good example.

But in any case, people go into minority neighborhoods every day because they have to, and some of them really don't want to be there. I've seen bus drivers do things that were racist (I run for the S48 in Mariners' Harbor and she shuts the door in my face. A woman runs for the bus in Westerleigh and she waits for her). There's always the possibility that it's just an honest mistake, but I doubt that. I'm sure that woman would rather not be working a line with that many minorities on it, but she sucks it up because that's how she gets paid.

The same thing with teachers. Out of the thousands of teachers working in minority neighborhoods, you don't think some of them are racially biased? It's just a matter of whether or not they want to show it.

But I'm going to be honest, it does work the other way. I heard that at my school, there's a teacher who gives preferential treatment to Blacks (she's Black). So if she does it, I'm sure other teachers do it as well to people of other races.

Edited by checkmatechamp13

Yeah let's "hear" your proposal Q23... And Threxxbus where is your latest proposal at?? Also if you had to re-route the B33 from going to Harway Avenue, where would it go??

I was about to upload it, but I got distracted... <_<

It's coming soon...

lol... I made no such claim... And the majority of my friends are Latinos, not to mention that I live with all minorities on my floor (a Latino next door, a Latina across from me and an Asian chick). The others in the building are mainly white and one mixed couple, but we all get along so I would beg to differ about your comment.

Yeah let's "here" your proposal Q23... And Threxxbus where is your latest proposal at?? Also if you had to re-route the B33 from going to Harway Avenue, where would it go??

First of all it's hear not here

Second, I dont want to give a proposal. I just dont want it to turn into an off-topic flame war that might result in this thread be locked

Not much backstory:

To supplement Midwood and Flatbush service, I propose the reinstatement of the B23 & a new route, the B81 via Foster Avenue. The B23 supplements the B8 & B35 by providing a new crosstown route, and it connects with all of the same major routes that the B8 & B35 connect with. The B81 travels along Foster Avenue, providing service to a under-serviced neighborhood.

Here is the map:

https://maps.google.....03797,0.077162

For more info, consult these images.

B23.png

B81_2.png

The late night service on the B81 is my mistake....

First of all it's hear not here

Second, I dont want to give a proposal. I just dont want it to turn into an off-topic flame war that might result in this thread be locked

It's not a flame war, it's a respectful discussion.

Edited by ThrexxBus