Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

Well the B27 can remain as B24, but the B30 has been changed because it is streamlined and interlined with the B31, and it makes everything more recognizable, as we can more easily associate the two routes together.

I have doubts about your new B24 route. I don't think there's any demand for bus service along Morgan Avenue, or Metropolitan Avenue. It's nothing but warehouses with an apartment complex, a couple of fast food restaurants, and some houses in that area. There's a couple of buses and subways around that area, which can take the residents to Willamsburg Plaza faster than your B24.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have doubts about your new B24 route. I don't think there's any demand for bus service along Morgan Avenue, or Metropolitan Avenue. It's nothing but warehouses with an apartment complex, a couple of fast food restaurants, and some houses in that area. There's a couple of buses and subways around that area, which can take the residents to Willamsburg Plaza faster than your B24.

That's a small portion, however. Morgan Avenue is just used so the route can get to Metropolitan. There is demand for the extra service in Ridgewood, however, especially since the B13 got cut back.

I still like QJT's Idea to send the B24 to manhattan & cut it short to QB on that end..... even makes more sense than what I would have the B48 doing......

--------------

Any more comments on the B24 & Q38?

- Threxx, simply put, I don't see your "B24" flourishing.....

The best part of the idea is service b/w Crescent st (J) & Ridgewood terminal.....

Buses using Irving & Knickerbocker I don't like at all, especially knickerbocker..... it's a 1 way street version of graham av is all it is..... north/west of around Dekalb (hell, I'll even give you flushing), usage would tank..... Intra-brooklyn riders in that area (around metropolitan, grand, etc.) generally don't ride past the B43 (graham) traveling east-west on buses.... furthermore, you're not gonna take much if anyone off (L)'s w/ this route (which is another reason the old 18 failed; L train done got too popular/prevalent)...... and lastly, it makes ZERO sense to have buses turning around on broadway.....

- What you have your Q38 doing is similar to what I was gonna originally have my rendition of a "B24" doing (I was gonna have it running to 61st st - "woo-do-sai")..... but I figured, since the Q32 already provides service along Roosevelt, towards QBP, towards manhattan, and that's what best serves those riders, there's nothing to suggest that riders along roosevelt are seeking service to greenpoint/brooklyn.... so I simply kept it as a greenpoint av shuttle.... save mileage.....

The Q32 bunches and gets delayed so much that many opt to transfer to the subway, so the Q38 will get the ridership necessary.

...and what makes you think another bus route running along Roosevelt won't get delayed ??

+1.....

The Q32 bunches and gets delayed so much that many opt to transfer to the subway, so the Q38 will get the ridership necessary.

Any more comments on the B24 & Q38?

Yes, on the Q38, I would extend it past Greenpoint Av (G) station to Williamsburg Bridge Plaza, running along Kent and Wythe Avs, in order to serve the residents in the new housing developments.

Route: Greenpoint Av, Franklin St, Kent/Wythe Avs, Broadway

Yes, on the Q38, I would extend it past Greenpoint Av (G) station to Williamsburg Bridge Plaza, running along Kent and Wythe Avs, in order to serve the residents in the new housing developments.

Route: Greenpoint Av, Franklin St, Kent/Wythe Avs, Broadway

Not necessary in my book, the Q59 already serves that area, and the Q38 is a bit long as it is now...

Is there like any reason the B24 route goes to Brooklyn --> Queens --> and then back to Brooklyn? I think the stops between Williamsburg and Greenpoint are close to each other. Would it be alright if we extend the Q104 route to Greenpoint and then we make the B62 as an alternative route?

Edited by Coneyislandav7

My idea consisted of exactly that Coneyislandav7. Extend the Q104 to Williamsburg Bridge Plaza, and use the B62 or keep the other part of the B24 in service.

The Q104? That route is too infrequent for that...

Can't feasibly physically extend the Q104 to Brooklyn from its current route anyway....

Not necessary in my book, the Q59 already serves that area, and the Q38 is a bit long as it is now...

He's mentioned that idea before.... he's referring to the part of kent/wythe above the portion the Q59 serves, as well.....

That area is undergoing redevelopment right now & would be pointless to send buses there..... his idea to have bus service serve that pocket might be plausible in another 15-20 years or so......

Can't feasibly physically extend the Q104 to Brooklyn from its current route anyway....

I know, that's why I'll have this explain my routing pattern change in Sunnyside

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?authuser=0&vps=2&hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=19&msid=204750700533050976010.0004c0e6e61c74d738c94

NOTE: My Q104 will also avoid that sharp turn on Netown Road by rerouting it on 49 street.

I have finally decided to present a new route, which I have been battling with myself for a while whether to show it or not:

B18: Long Island City-Canarsie, E. 105th Street Station.

Map: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213458373195564989412.0004c11d30516080b1b0e&msa=0&ll=40.678295,-73.872414&spn=0.150754,0.308647

Showcase coming soon...

Okay so who is the route supposed to be targeting?

It supplements service on Pennsylvania Avenue, it provides a north-south connection in Bushwick, and people can ride from that area to get to Queens Plaza for subway service.

To be honest, I don't like it that much myself, as it parallels the (L), (G), (J) way to much...

It supplements service on Pennsylvania Avenue, it provides a north-south connection in Bushwick, and people can ride from that area to get to Queens Plaza for subway service.

To be honest, I don't like it that much myself, as it parallels the (L), (G), (J) way to much...

Yeah but you still haven't targeted a specific rider base. It seems like you're hoping to pull folks off of the subway.

I still like QJT's Idea to send the B24 to manhattan & cut it short to QB on that end..... even makes more sense than what I would have the B48 doing......

--------------

- Threxx, simply put, I don't see your "B24" flourishing.....

The best part of the idea is service b/w Crescent st (J) & Ridgewood terminal.....

Buses using Irving & Knickerbocker I don't like at all, especially knickerbocker..... it's a 1 way street version of graham av is all it is..... north/west of around Dekalb (hell, I'll even give you flushing), usage would tank..... Intra-brooklyn riders in that area (around metropolitan, grand, etc.) generally don't ride past the B43 (graham) traveling east-west on buses.... furthermore, you're not gonna take much if anyone off (L)'s w/ this route (which is another reason the old 18 failed; L train done got too popular/prevalent)...... and lastly, it makes ZERO sense to have buses turning around on broadway.....

I don't know how I never saw this...

The buses aren't turning at Broadway, their going to WBP. That's not clear, and I should have made that clearer...

Edited by ThrexxBus

Personally, what I'd do is create a new route from Broadway Junction to the old B13 terminal (or maybe continue up a little into Greenpoint). It would just run on coverage-level headways and use Bushwick Avenue for most of the route.

The B18 could be cut back to those two points, and the headways can be adjusted to fit a coverage level route...

I believe there should be a Downtown Brooklyn service to LGA. I would name it the B84 and have it run to LGA via BQE after long island city. just an idea

Any route using the BQE, IMO is a bad idea. I also belive that buses are banned along a certain section in Queens, so it wouldn't work anyway.

What's more realistic is a Downtown-JFK service. I call it the B55. It would be SBS, and it would pretty much be a "Brooklyn Connector."

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213458373195564989412.0004c48e95e8ef352bf01&msa=0&ll=40.668172,-73.932753&spn=0.018847,0.038409