Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

What I think should happen w/ that route is a truncation to Metropolitan, a truncation to downtown brooklyn, and moving it off flushing onto Park b/w throop & navy...... that makes that route as efficient as it's gonna get....... If you want to move that DUMBO/Navy Yard route onto/along flushing to the Navy Yard, that can still be done...... I'm still unsure where around (or even within) the navy yard they plan on sending that route to..... None of this has anything to do w/ the 44 or the 49......

A little off-topic, but I think you should wait until Marcy/Nostrand to shift the route onto Park, since you get the transfer to the (G) at Flushing Avenue.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A little off-topic, but I think you should wait until Marcy/Nostrand to shift the route onto Park, since you get the transfer to the (G) at Flushing Avenue.

Nah, believe it or not, Flushing & Marcy is just another stop on the B57, even w/ the G there...... Threxx is right.

B57 WB, riders are too busy comin off the J/M or from the hospital itself.... B57 EB hardly picks up riders comin off the G heading towards Woodhull, bushwick (or "east williamsburg"), etc..... Keeping it on park all the way to throop would benefit more people, since park over there is more dense than flushing..... B57 usage in that directions tends to tank @ broadway anyway....

Sure they also got the 54 on Myrtle heading downtown, but the 57 on park on most days just might get you downtown a little quicker.... Traffic is increasing on the Myrtle av side of clinton hill, as you're having more folks moving into those areas (side streets south of myrtle) that have their own personal vehicles & what not....... and they use myrtle as their main roadway to travel on....

• 3 weeks later...

I just have two proposal for Brooklyn

B11: Well the problem with that route is that it does meander through Sunset Park. IMO the B11 should run on 53 street from 4th to 2nd Avenues instead of using its current travel path.

B103: On Courtelyou Road, there should be more stops

There should be stops added at Flatbush Acenue and Cortelyou Road and in front of the Cortelyou Road station, so it can give (Q) riders access to Downtown Brooklyn by either taking from the station to the Junction for the (2) or to Downtown Brooklyn. This could be perfect considering that riders on the (Q) wouldn't have to run down to C I Avenue or E.19 street. Also one more proposal

B103/B35 streamlining of stops on Church Avenue:

IMO Why can't the B35 and B103 limited stop on the same block. This is how I would do it

That B35 stop at McDonald can stop. In fact move the B103 to stop there. Also the B35 bus stop at C I Avenue, move it to mid block between E. 8 Street and C I Avenue. In total one B35 limited bus stop will be discontinued and two limited bus stops will be combined. The Two B103 bus stops will be relocated to stop with the B35 Limited.

One more :

B8: That Bus stop at 86 street and 18 Avenue and the bus stop on 18 Avenue and 85 street can be combined to a stop mid block between 85 and 86 streets

B103: On Courtelyou Road, there should be more stops

There should be stops added at Flatbush Acenue and Cortelyou Road and in front of the Cortelyou Road station, so it can give (Q) riders access to Downtown Brooklyn by either taking from the station to the Junction for the (2) or to Downtown Brooklyn. This could be perfect considering that riders on the (Q) wouldn't have to run down to C I Avenue or E.19 street.

The route's gone through enough bastardization; the last thing that route needs is more stops north of the junction....

B103/B35 streamlining of stops on Church Avenue:

IMO Why can't the B35 and B103 limited stop on the same block. This is how I would do it

That B35 stop at McDonald can stop. In fact move the B103 to stop there.

Also the B35 bus stop at C I Avenue, move it to mid block between E. 8 Street and C I Avenue. In total one B35 limited bus stop will be discontinued and two limited bus stops will be combined. The Two B103 bus stops will be relocated to stop with the B35 Limited.

The southbound B103 turns off mcdonald eastbound onto church.... the B35 mcdonald av stop is on the southwest corner.....

the 103 stops at E 3rd & at ocean pkwy along church.... moving the CI av stop closer to E 8th is foolish because there is a car wash over there.... People shouldn't have to worry about getting out of the way of cars while they're waiting for the bus.... Leave that bus stop right where it is on the corner of CI/church; there's enough ppl. coming off 68's taking 35's.....

What do you have against the B103 anyway....

The B103 is perfect the way it is, what is the desperate need from all sides to screw it up?

I'm sayin though.....

The idea of the southbound 103 changing course just so it can directly serve the EB B35 stop on mcdonald doesn't make any sense.... B103 riders aren't seeking the F, and it already has two points where you can catch the 35 (one if you need the LTD.... which is where most 103 riders in that direction disembark anyway if they need the 35 - right there at the ocean pkwy stop).... So what would be the benefit exactly?

Furthermore, if you need the 68 and you're on a SB 103 (which is an uncommon xfer scenario anyway), there is a stop along CI av (think it's at beverly).... Mixing around stops & what not..... If you really think about it, they can do away w/ the E 3rd stop if they wanted to, since only the B35 local stops there......

The way I see it, the changes he's suggesting here would be more detrimental to B103 riders than it would be beneficial......

B8: That Bus stop at 86 street and 18 Avenue and the bus stop on 18 Avenue and 85 street can be combined to a stop mid block between 85 and 86 streets

On red, the reason the MTA did this is because:

18th Av and 85th St - Passengers can cross the street for easy transfer to the (D) train station.

18th Av and 86th St - Passengers doesn't need to walk further for the B1. Easy transfer! Missed bus happens while walking a little bit further, and people can end up tripping, slipping, and falling. That's something the MTA does not want!

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bringing this back, but I had a Thought about the express bus (MTABC). I think that those buses should not head onto the FDR Drive anymore and just head up 6th Avenue like all the other express buses do. Maybe it can gain more ridership that way. Rush Hours I would have a Super Express of each to east midtown and one to 23 street, like the current set up. I'll eventually show more details.

Heres a map I'm making of all express routes. These will be updated https://maps.google....faac6b7748a2839

An Explaination of each:

BM1: New Rush Hour Terminal at 23rd and Broadway. For service north of 23rd street, use the BM11

BM2: New Rush Hour Terminal at 23rd and Broadway. For service north of 23rd street, use the BM12

BM3: New Rush Hour Terminal at 23rd and Broadway. For service north of 23rd street, use the BM13

BM4: New Rush Hour Terminal at 23rd and Broadway. For service north of 23rd street, use the BM14

BM5: Service will be operated at current headways, but re-coordinated to pass 30 minutes behind a QM15 along Woodhaven Blvd. This route will also be rerouted of Madison Avenue onto 6th Avenue. This means that there will be "more" midtown express service, therefore opening up the possibilities for increased ridership on the BM5. The wait for an express bus along Woodhaven Blvd and cross bay north of Conduit Avenue on Saturdays will be 30 minutes combined (60 minutes each), thus it will allow a more flexible option for QM15 riders. The BM5 will also make all QM15 stops in Queens. The Wait for a Bus along Woodhaven Blvd on Weekdays before 9:30 AM will vary, but from 9:30 to about 2:00 PM will be 30 minutres combined (60 minutes each).

BM11: Rush Hour Varient to the BM1

BM12: Rush Hour Varient to the BM1

BM13: Rush Hour Varient to the BM1

BM14: Rush Hour Varient to the BM1

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

The BM5 doesn't need to be changed. The bulk of it's ridership still comes from the towers, and that will upset those riders. The BM1-4 don't need to be slowed down with any 6th Avenue/Broadway service. It's not necessary. The BM routes are just fine as they are on weekdays.

Edited by Threxx

Heres a map I'm making of all express routes. These will be updated https://maps.google....faac6b7748a2839

An Explaination of each:

BM1: New Rush Hour Terminal at 23rd and Broadway. For service north of 23rd street, use the BM11

BM2: New Rush Hour Terminal at 23rd and Broadway. For service north of 23rd street, use the BM12

BM3: New Rush Hour Terminal at 23rd and Broadway. For service north of 23rd street, use the BM13

BM4: New Rush Hour Terminal at 23rd and Broadway. For service north of 23rd street, use the BM14

BM5: Service will be operated at current headways, but re-coordinated to pass 30 minutes behind a QM15 along Woodhaven Blvd. This route will also be rerouted of Madison Avenue onto 6th Avenue. This means that there will be "more" midtown express service, therefore opening up the possibilities for increased ridership on the BM5. The wait for an express bus along Woodhaven Blvd and cross bay north of Conduit Avenue on Saturdays will be 30 minutes combined (60 minutes each), thus it will allow a more flexible option for QM15 riders. The BM5 will also make all QM15 stops in Queens. The Wait for a Bus along Woodhaven Blvd on Weekdays before 9:30 AM will vary, but from 9:30 to about 2:00 PM will be 30 minutres combined (60 minutes each).

BM11: Rush Hour Varient to the BM1

BM12: Rush Hour Varient to the BM1

BM13: Rush Hour Varient to the BM1

BM14: Rush Hour Varient to the BM1

I'm sorry but there is no need for BM11, BM12, BM13 or BM14. We call them Super Expresses as those buses bypass Downtown and take the FDR and 23rd street up to Midtown.

This should post should of never been revived. Once I saw the re-route of the BM's I just started to say in my head.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME" last thing you need to do is to re-route via 6th Ave to 23rd. If that's the case. They need to restructure pre-command days to terminate at Church/Broadway and Centre/Worth (travel via park row/broadway) PM rush.

B103 - between Kings Highway and Flatbush Avenue, run it via Avenue I or Avenue J instead of on Avenue H...to provide service to the south side of the tracks. Stops would be located at: Kings Highway and Schenectady Avenue, Albany Avenue, and Brooklyn Avenue (if via Avenue J, the westbound stop would be shared with the B41 local at East 35 Street). The BM2 would remain on its current routing because the BM1 serves Avenue K. The B6 would serve the north side of the tracks, and both the B103 and B6 would still serve the Glenwood Houses.

The advantage of the B103 using Avenue I or J is that it would avoid heavy traffic on Avenue H near Flatbush Avenue both ways. My preference would be via Avenue J because...I would also propose a branch of the B103, called the B102, that would share the B103 routing to Avenue J and Kings Highway, but then continue down Avenue J using the following routing: Down to Ralph Avenue, make a right at Ralph, left onto East 65 Street, left onto Avenue M, right on East 69 Street, straight down to Avenue Y, left on Avenue Y, and stand. Return via East 70 Street and Avenue X, then up East 69 Street.

B102: rush hour service would run to downtown Brooklyn; other times, the B102 would run between Nostrand Junction and Bergen Beach only...serving untapped markets in Flatlands and the eastern part of Bergen Beach not reached by the B41 or B47, plus restore a service elimination from the 2010 cuts on the B3 with a different route. I would start it out running it 6 AM to 10 PM weekdays and 8 AM to 8 PM Saturdays, with no Sunday service on what is mostly a residential route, serving only two major commercial areas: the Georgetown shopping center and Nostrand Junction. Rush hour headways 15 minutes, 30 all other times. The B102 would be a limited route west of Avenue J and Flatbush Avenue, but would have local service into Flatlands and Bergen Beach.

Sorry for bringing this back, but I had a Thought about the express bus (MTABC). I think that those buses should not head onto the FDR Drive anymore and just head up 6th Avenue like all the other express buses do. Maybe it can gain more ridership that way. Rush Hours I would have a Super Express of each to east midtown and one to 23 street, like the current set up. I'll eventually show more details.

ehh that must be a potent fail buddy say that to BM riders and if you return in one piece I will bow to ya. You are very weak when it comes to express buses so do not talk about em unless it's a question.

B103 - between Kings Highway and Flatbush Avenue, run it via Avenue I or Avenue J instead of on Avenue H...to provide service to the south side of the tracks. Stops would be located at: Kings Highway and Schenectady Avenue, Albany Avenue, and Brooklyn Avenue (if via Avenue J, the westbound stop would be shared with the B41 local at East 35 Street). The BM2 would remain on its current routing because the BM1 serves Avenue K. The B6 would serve the north side of the tracks, and both the B103 and B6 would still serve the Glenwood Houses.

The advantage of the B103 using Avenue I or J is that it would avoid heavy traffic on Avenue H near Flatbush Avenue both ways. My preference would be via Avenue J because...I would also propose a branch of the B103, called the B102, that would share the B103 routing to Avenue J and Kings Highway, but then continue down Avenue J using the following routing: Down to Ralph Avenue, make a right at Ralph, left onto East 65 Street, left onto Avenue M, right on East 69 Street, straight down to Avenue Y, left on Avenue Y, and stand. Return via East 70 Street and Avenue X, then up East 69 Street.

B102: rush hour service would run to downtown Brooklyn; other times, the B102 would run between Nostrand Junction and Bergen Beach only...serving untapped markets in Flatlands and the eastern part of Bergen Beach not reached by the B41 or B47, plus restore a service elimination from the 2010 cuts on the B3 with a different route. I would start it out running it 6 AM to 10 PM weekdays and 8 AM to 8 PM Saturdays, with no Sunday service on what is mostly a residential route, serving only two major commercial areas: the Georgetown shopping center and Nostrand Junction. Rush hour headways 15 minutes, 30 all other times. The B102 would be a limited route west of Avenue J and Flatbush Avenue, but would have local service into Flatlands and Bergen Beach.

Too much ado about nothing...

Edited by Threxx

I originally wasn't gonna comment.... But as soon as I saw "6th avenue", I stopped reading....

As a commuter of the "BM" routes, I'm not taking this seriously.....

The BM5 doesn't need to be changed. The bulk of it's ridership still comes from the towers, and that will upset those riders. The BM1-4 don't need to be slowed down with any 6th Avenue/Broadway service. It's not necessary. The BM routes are just fine as they are on weekdays.

Not only will they be slower, but the (MTA) could argue that they duplicate the (Q) to a degree. Those express buses give riders in Southern Brooklyn East Side access which they don't have with the (Q).

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Not only will they be slower, but the (MTA) could argue that they duplicate the (Q) to a degree. Those express buses give riders in Southern Brooklyn East Side access which they don't have with the (Q).

interesting argument is BM3 saturday and off peak well used I mean with more than 10 riders per trip? Or is ridership dismal?

interesting argument is BM3 saturday and off peak well used I mean with more than 10 riders per trip? Or is ridership dismal?

BM3 off-peak is better than the BM2 for sure. The BM1 & BM3 have good off peak usage.

It's a long time since I made a proposal, and I don't intend to start like I used to, but here's a good idea:

Let's not change weekday BM express service. It's just fine, guys.

Edited by Threxx

BM3 off-peak is better than the BM2 for sure. The BM1 & BM3 have good off peak usage.

It's a long time since I made a proposal, and I don't intend to start like I used to, but here's a good idea:

I had a feeling BM1& 3 had the highest off peak use out of the BMs. Are you sure the 3 doesn't need more service?

I had a feeling BM1& 3 had the highest off peak use out of the BMs. Are you sure the 3 doesn't need more service?

No more service is being added to any BMs... If anything they are cutting service to the bare bones. The last Manhattan bound BM3 is now 15:20 on Saturdays when it used to be 22:20 and the last Brooklyn bound BM3 on Saturdays is now 23:30 cut down from 23:50...

Weekday service has been cut as well... The last BM3 used to be around 18:00 or so to Manhattan. The last one is now 15:00. If anything I wonder how in the world Spring Creek isn't complaining. I mean with all of the cuts to express bus service at that depot, there is barely any runs, which means next to no work.

No more service is being added to any BMs... If anything they are cutting service to the bare bones. The last Manhattan bound BM3 is now 15:20 on Saturdays when it used to be 22:20 and the last Brooklyn bound BM3 on Saturdays is now 23:30 cut down from 23:50...

Weekday service has been cut as well... The last BM3 used to be around 18:00 or so to Manhattan. The last one is now 15:00. If anything I wonder how in the world Spring Creek isn't complaining. I mean with all of the cuts to express bus service at that depot, there is barely any runs, which means next to no work.

So they were cutting service inspite of ridership? Meaning MTA is saying F U to BM3/1 riders. BM4&2 are justified as ridership is dismal.