Subway Station riddles

poker-face.jpg

I was thinking 205th Street on the  (D) and it's feature being direct access to a railyard (Concourse Yard) --- that it was supposed to be extended into two branches to serve the NE Bronx. Which was later not done as part of the IND Second System grand master plan. Instead the city decided to use the former NY, Westchester and Boston RR ROW and have what is now the  (5) serve that purpose.

Another terminal has direct access to a yard, Euclid Ave as the IND Fulton Subway was supposed to be extended underground, until after unification plans changed to use of the dual contracts built portion of the Fulton El to the Rockaways via LIRR ROW and to of course, Lefferts/Richmond Hills.

So I'll say 205th St on the  (D) for the heck of it. If I got it I'll pass on this one.

I change my mind. If I get it I got next.....

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll go

I am a station that was once a terminal for a route that changed it's color and everything.

I am currently served by one train route that will take you to the top of the Rock

My friends of the same name are local unlike me

Who am I?

Bay Parkway Station (D)?

Umm, pass!

Guest MTA Bus

I'm one of the few stations not in Manhattan that has a transfer between the IND & IRT subway lines. I was supposed to have another level to me, but it was never completed.

I'm a station in Brooklyn that burned down a long time ago, but thankfully I was rebuilt. Although I sit next to more tracks, they don't see subway service. You can't take the train to the plane where I'm at but the bus to the plane is good enough

Where am I?

Archived