Should the N53 (Merrick Shuttle) be revived?

VWM

Should the n53 be re-implemented as a Merrick Shuttle route? So many people use access a ride in Merrick it's ridiculous ( at least 5 buses a day minimum I see) and the Merrick parking lot is always packed to its limits...

I don't see it working. Small area, not much ridership to match the number of daily trips, and it was the 2nd most expensive route in Long Island Bus according to the 2010 Service report.

and it was the 2nd most expensive route in Long Island Bus according to the 2010 Service report.

Might be a wild guess, but it was second place to the 80/81 and the 62 was a close 3rd...

Second place to the N93. The reason the route is expensive is that it needs a small bus.

Yeah, with those Para-transit vehicles right? I mean if anything, it will be that.

Should the n53 be re-implemented as a Merrick Shuttle route? So many people use access a ride in Merrick it's ridiculous ( at least 5 buses a day minimum I see) and the Merrick parking lot is always packed to its limits...

Its worse in Plainview they are the second biggest way of getting around after cars third is cabs 4th is the N78/79

N53, N93 was small bus and same fixed route fare of $2.25.

I remember one time N93 was using Orion V CNG and I still never forgotten the incident I had with 12:30 N93 Nassau Hub Shuttle refuse to pick me up.

How does this relate to the topic? What you stated was already inferred.

The N93 used regular sized buses.

Yes, I'm shocked by how many paratransit vehicles I see driving around Plainview. Surprisingly, I didn't notice much of a decrease after the 2010 3/4 mile rule.

No, the N93 Hub Loop would be more reasonable.

Why? You have a lot buses going in and out of the Nassau hub area in all different directions daily and for one thing, the Source Mall isnt even open anymore.

Well, the Walmart, Target, Galleria at Westbury Plaza could use some service,,,

You have the N43 and the N24 in that area, all of which would run more often and carry more people than the N93 ever would. A loop just isnt needed because you have the Major Transfer Point in the middle of the Nassau Hub at Roosevelt Field.

You have the N43 and the N24 in that area, all of which would run more often and carry more people than the N93 ever would. A loop just isnt needed because you have the Major Transfer Point in the middle of the Nassau Hub at Roosevelt Field.

Well, I'd say the n24 is the only route that mirrors most of my Nassau Hub Plan, the n22 and n35 could count, kinda. Still details are being worked on [when the Roosevelt Field Plans are drawn clean, I'll release my plan].

It is open I was there 3 weeks ago.

I can't believe I said that. LOL, I meant it's going downhill and hardly anyone visits anymore with Fortunoff and Circuit City gone.

I can't believe I said that. LOL, I meant it's going downhill and hardly anyone visits anymore with Fortunoff and Circuit City gone.

Cheesecake factory brings me there cinnabon just closed there. There used to a be a charlies sub too. I asked the people in Penn station what happened to it but their response is no speak english.

Archived