Kingsbridge

I Run Trains

Bx7, Bx10, Bx20 stand up! And I too like the first shot with the old engraved M. I think we're the only depot that has the big engraved M like that.

Hey Shondrae, what neighborhood do you live in just so we can get a confirmation on who's closer to KB?

i might be closer im washington Hts in the 180's off of broadway

Good Pix wonder Why #5474 is on Hold?

It's a 90% chance it's getting transferred that's only time I have ever seen a KB bus saying hold (the 8800's).

BTW these are some nice pics.

And is it just me or are there way too many buses in the maintainece bay, sidewalk and in the street? This looks like the night when things really went downhill @ KB (Jan. 5th). Let's pray some O5's get swapped.

It's a 90% chance it's getting transferred that's only time I have ever seen a KB bus saying hold (the 8800's).

And is it just me or are there way too many buses in the maintainece bay, sidewalk and in the street? This looks like the night when things really went downhill @ KB (Jan. 5th). Let's pray some O5's get swapped.

for better ones. BTW i hate you for knocking me out of thrid place at simon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for better ones. BTW i hate you for knocking me out of thrid place at simon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL. i would have gotten higher but my dog started barking.

This is messed up but KB is the bus depot version of a funeral home. Buses go there right before they get sent to the scrapyard. There is no such thing as a better Orion 5. If there about to do a swap it better be for some RTS or Hybrids

Kappock/Independence and 232/Henry Hudson are my two houses.

I'm closer:

KB.jpg

I'm blue and you're red. I made your path using the highest-numbered 18x street that crosses Broadway to give you a fair advantage (187).

It looks like your closer, but I think its about the same distance. I have a straight away which makes it look longer and you have some turns that make it look shorter... either way, I would get there faster because you would have to take the Bx20 or Bx7, I would just take the 1 train 3 stops (191st)

Good Pix wonder Why #5474 is on Hold?

Cause it's a POS just like all the others.........

I wonder why 5685 was parked on the wrong side of the road. Cool pictures, though I hate KB.

They do that at times, so the driver who takes the bus later on doesn't have to go around the blocks. Besides some shifters are lazy and don't want to drive around the block............

nice pics. KB's ratty old buses.

That's right. Home of the Dawgs.........

:mad: that's all people can say about KB.

But why we gotta get everybody elses shitty buses?... that's wack son!

The union addressed that issue........ Son doing daddy a favor............We got STI's sh!t, and they got most of our great 6000 series........They say KB will get new buses by the end of the year. The union said, everyone else will get new buses, and KB will get their old crap. So again KB might get Hybrids. But they will be the old ones in other depots...........

I doubt it's going anywhere. We already lost 6 with no replacements (SBS)........As for the maintenance bay, it almost always looks like that. The mechanics are constantly keeping the garbage running at KB. Heat and raggedy buses don't mix........Friday I missed 1 and 1/2 trips, and had to deadhead to Riverdale. I was suppose to pull out at 3:37p.m., and didn't get a bus until 5:15p.m. They had to take shorts off the M100 and gave them artics that were coming in, but 3 of us still had no buses. Not until 5:15p.m......

This is why I like KB...........

This is messed up but KB is the bus depot version of a funeral home. Buses go there right before they get sent to the scrapyard. There is no such thing as a better Orion 5. If there about to do a swap it better be for some RTS or Hybrids

That describes KB...........

The union addressed that issue........ Son doing daddy a favor............We got STI's sh!t, and they got most of our great 6000 series........They say KB will get new buses by the end of the year. The union said, everyone else will get new buses, and KB will get their old crap. So again KB might get Hybrids. But they will be the old ones in other depots...........

I doubt it's going anywhere. We already lost 6 with no replacements (SBS)........As for the maintenance bay, it almost always looks like that. The mechanics are constantly keeping the garbage running at KB. Heat and raggedy buses don't mix........Friday I missed 1 and 1/2 trips, and had to deadhead to Riverdale. I was suppose to pull out at 3:37p.m., and didn't get a bus until 5:15p.m. They had to take shorts off the M100 and gave them artics that were coming in, but 3 of us still had no buses. Not until 5:15p.m......

This is why I like KB.........

1. When I 1st got the thought that I wanted to work as a B/O I said I would go to KB.... now as much as I love the Bronx, If I do wrok as a B/O I gotta do CP

2. Does the union at KB do anything?! 1st they let the 6000's get swapped for the 400-600s. what's next? they send LAG RTS's to replace the 6200s?

If by some miracle they get hybrids, they aren't going to be the newest ones. It's going to be the QV ones and that ain't going to be pretty. Some kinda way QV manage to get those buses FUBAR'd quick. Since when does a bus get a smoke condition?!

I wonder if someone wrote MTA a letter about KB's buses would it make a difference....

1. When I 1st got the thought that I wanted to work as a B/O I said I would go to KB.... now as much as I love the Bronx, If I do wrok as a B/O I gotta do CP

2. Does the union at KB do anything?! 1st they let the 6000's get swapped for the 400-600s. what's next? they send LAG RTS's to replace the 6200s?

If by some miracle they get hybrids, they aren't going to be the newest ones. It's going to be the QV ones and that ain't going to be pretty. Some kinda way QV manage to get those buses FUBAR'd quick. Since when does a bus get a smoke condition?!

I wonder if someone wrote MTA a letter about KB's buses would it make a difference....

The union at KB do they do anything, you ask? No. They have no say in the buses. The AGM does........

I was hoping that maybe the powerful Riverdaleites would write something. But hasn't happened yet........

The union at KB do they do anything, you ask? No. They have no say in the buses. The AGM does........

I was hoping that maybe the powerful Riverdaleites would write something. But hasn't happened yet........

I heard of people saying "If you're moving to Riverdale you better have a car" because they said how nasty and slow the bus service is up there. Some people actually thought about moving to Riverdale but they reconsidered that because the buses there are just horrible. My uncle is one of those people... People need to speak up because it's not like KB is getting better...

I remember when kingsbridge had the best buses in the Bronx and the Coliseum (The old West Farms) had all the crap! I guess KB is the new coliseum!

AGM?

The reason why I asked is because I had to write a complaint letter for my A.P. English class and long story short I wrote it about KB and the BX10. The only problem is it needs to be tweaked a little to discuss the buses themselves not the route and I have no clue on who to send it. At first I was going to send it to the President of the MTA but I realized there was no way he was going to read. My question is would I do better sending it to the depot? and if yes who should it go to?

Shondrae: I hang out in Riverdale all the time but it's a nightmare trying to get around. During the weekdays rush hours its fine but after 9pm, middays and weekends you do better walking from the (1) at 231 then waiting for a bus. On numerous occasions I've walked from 261st to the (1) on 238st and not seen one bus past me. And some idiot decided that the Bx10 not the Bx7 should run up there all times. forget it. after 8 the 10 runs is supposed 2 run every 20 mins but its more like every 45. Most of the teens I know have their licenses or permits. Hell gas is expense but when I get my senior license this year Imma start driving to go hang out up there.

I heard of people saying "If you're moving to Riverdale you better have a car" because they said how nasty and slow the bus service is up there. Some people actually thought about moving to Riverdale but they reconsidered that because the buses there are just horrible. My uncle is one of those people... People need to speak up because it's not like KB is getting better...

Wow! I ain't never heard no shit like that!!!! People got wanting to somehwere because of bus service.... wow. That's a first!

Nah, chill. With a clunker-loving busfan like me up here, that ain't happening too quickly. Seriously, very few things bother me anyway.

And Orion, bus service was slow a few years back but now it's fine. Buses are always on time and they go fast up here. It's literally a stop a minute down Riverdale Avenue and Henry Hudson Parkway. 15 minutes from the line to the end of the service road even on a rush hour. 10 minutes with the fast guys. People saying that today don't know what they're talking about. And take it from me, the buses of KB are like a second home to me, with all the bus ops I hang around with in those buses. B)

Archived