So upset

rfortyslant

in all of my life i have never been so upset. My day started as a happy day, until i read that my most favorite subway car, the r40slant will all be terminated by the end of september. see, those cars gave the best view of the subway tracks then any subway car. the r46 always has it covered up, r68 is too dark to see and the r42 has a short window. im almost in tears right now to see this. i really hope they dont dump then in the ocean. Put the in museums for people to see and keep a few out for extra service. When they frst came out, they had no pantograph gates and were seen in the (F) line. they had big curtain route signs. and when i was born in 1992, they look like how they look now. some say they make too much noise when going fats. i disagree. they make a regular kind of noise than any other train. i would always hope to ride on to school on 1st ave on the (L) train. from bedford street to 1st ave was a long way so i got a longer time to see out the large window. anyway if your christian, PLEASE pray that they dont discontinue the r40 slants. its bad enough they discontinued the (9) service and the (Qx). :rolleyes:

Them R40 Slants are going no matter what. And yes, sadly they're going down into the ocean to give Davy Jones Locker a permanent visit.

I'm sure they're gonna put a few cars in the museum.

It is sad those cars are going. I'm gonna miss them.

Them R40 Slants are going no matter what. And yes, sadly they're going down into the ocean to give Davy Jones Locker a permanent visit.

I'm sure they're gonna put a few cars in the museum.

It is sad those cars are going. I'm gonna miss them.

yea i will also

Guys, I feel the same way. However, to make matters worse, today I heard ( from a certain source; non transit worker) that the TA has enough 160s to pull the plug on the slants anyday now. I heard they have 2 weeks to live..

Yeah, this was the expected time that the Slants are on their last stand.

Im trying to get whatever shots I can get in now.. Theres only a few sets on the (:rolleyes:.. Mostly R40M with the addition of 68s/68A's..

Same here. I'm probably gonna stop my lazy streak and head over to the city these next couple of days.

Im sad to see these cars go also. I have enough experience with situations like these. From the redbirds and GMC RTS's. But anyways can't wait for the r40M's to hit the (A)!! An R40M's over the flats OMG OMG!!

btw i don't if anybody realizes this but the slants and mods are machcally the same trains. So not all is lost!!

Im sad to see these cars go also. I have enough experience with situations like these. From the redbirds and GMC RTS's. But anyways can't wait for the r40M's to hit the (A)!! An R40M's over the flats OMG OMG!!

btw i don't if anybody realizes this but the slants and mods are machcally the same trains. So not all is lost!!

40m's to the (A)? really? I heard the (A) was going to be purely R42/R44.

Guest MTA Bus

Let The R40S Live Forever.I Love Those Subway Cars.They Are The Only Subway Car That Has A Low Window.I love The R40S SO Much. They Are A part Of My Childhood. Don't Retire The R40S P(L)(E)(A)(S)(E).

Yeah, the R40 has touched many or all of us over the years. I remember as a kid, back in 1988-1989, My Uncle taking me on the West End (:P on weekends. The (;) would run 6 Car Trains of R40 Slants from Coney Island to ( sometimes to 36 St / 4 Av only) 57 St / 6 Av. Oh man, the memories, than in 1997, they moved them over to the (Q6), followed by the (Qx), and now back to the (:D; With services provided on the (D)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(W) as well. Ill miss them alot.:rolleyes:

40m's to the (A)? really? I heard the (A) was going to be purely R42/R44.

Yes the (A) get the R40M because the (A) will have a car shortage due to R44s getting overhauled.

The (C) might get them also there putting up C/R boards on the (C) for R40M/R42's.

We all have fond memories of the slants, don't we?

They definitely should keep at least one married pair. I mean, really, with that nose...

Why don't they have a "Farewell to the Slants" fan trip or a special final run?

well i think the (MTA) thinks it's not vaulable to keep what they call "A PIECE OF METAL JUNK". they are not gonna preserve R40 modified and only gonna keep two R40A at transit museum.

The R40 cars will be almost gone by now. Great that they had service on (A)(B)(C)(D)(E)(F)(G)(L)(M)(N) (Qx) (Q) (Q6) and (W) over the 40 years. A museum of R40 cars would be appreciated and replaced with their original scheme.

I don't want the R32, R38, R40 modified, and R42 to leave too!

The R40 cars will be almost gone by now. Great that they had service on (A)(B)(C)(D)(E)(F)(G)(L)(M)(N) (Qx) (Q) (Q6) and (W) over the 40 years. A museum of R40 cars would be appreciated and replaced with their original scheme.

I don't want the R32, R38, R40 modified, and R42 to leave too!

i want R38 to leave

well i think the (MTA) thinks it's not vaulable to keep what they call "A PIECE OF METAL JUNK". they are not gonna preserve R40 modified and only gonna keep two R40A at transit museum.

I think they should preserve one slant pair and then that mismated R40M/R42 pair.

Archived