Which MTA bus has your favorite seating arrangement? (WHY)?

1302 and 1303 had the same seating setup, 1304-1306 had the modified setup. They really were good buses, the technology wasn't ready for New York, unfortunately.

1302 & 1303's seating arrangement will always be my favorite because that arrangement at the time of Low Floors because they offered the most space. In terms of high floors, RTSs. I never got to experience a ride on a Fishbowl but I do remember when Hudson Pier had them in service on the M14 before the 8600s and Novas came through.

wow! i really wish the designline buses stayed...the front looked nice!

I was on one of them on the M101 yesterday and while the aisles are narrow, I can live with the seats, though I do agree that they are too low to the floor and I also don't like the seating arrangement in the back. The only thing that is good about them is that they're new and have easy to read displays but even the AC on those buses lack, especially in the back so I usually stay in the middle or the front of the bus if it isn't crowded.

i feel that the XD60 will do 10x better than the LFSA

I wouldnt really say that....maybe the rear section might do better, but they'll like be the same overall.

yeahh thats what i meant the rear section...its like everything with these new buses...the main focus is the seating arrangement in the back

Either the EX Command/Tribrough Orion 5 CNG's, the Command TMC RTS CNG's with the express seats all nice and combfy, or the old New Flyer C40lf, just so used to that layout and it functions really well, and the without a doubt the RTS, not so much the Express RTS's with the narrow isales but the others, along with the New Flyers hold up well and can carry a lot of people in rush hour.

• 6 years later...
On 5/26/2012 at 5:39 PM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

My favorite MTA bus seating layout is the New Flyer XD40. The legroom is the best in any bus i ridden on.

Everyone uses up the back seats...no left overs or spaces when crowded.

People would choose to stand in the back section.

The front section is nice and roomy. Lots of standing space! Love the XD40!

Which is why all Xcelsiors are my main buses, I also operated them too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 8:29 PM, bobtehpanda said:

Is there a reason we moved away from bench seating? The new buses could use the space; when I took them when I was back for the holidays i felt like a flight attendant trying to move to the back.

Perhaps the Orions were able to offer bench seating being that the rear sections were higher and the wells weren't in the way as much. 

I'm glad we went away from bench seating on buses, looking out the window>>>>> looking at other riders.

The bench seating on the most recent Orion hybrids were cool cause the LF section still had the window seats.

BTW sitting in the LF section on the XD40s at night is pretty cool, you can see outside clearly unlike the HF section which has trash views at night cause of the bright lights.

Archived