(J) train extension getting more likely

mtattrain

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lance

I'll believe it when I see it. I can tell you with absolute certainty that it can't happen now as there are no cars available for that kind of extension. With some of East New York's R42s on the (A) and Jamaica's R46s on the (C), the remaining R46s and R160A1s are being used to meet the current service demands. Forget about this so-called extension to 9th Avenue.

Well, the (M) use to run down 4th Avenue, so who knows if thats already been there at 59th Street just in case (M)s were sent down via the (N) or (R).

Truthfully it probably won't happen. A (J) extension to South Brooklyn will ruin skip stop service on the Jamaica Line and that would render the current (J)/(Z) service extinct.

I would have the (Z) an Express from Marcy to ENY then begin Skip-Stop Express Service to Jamaica with the (J).

I would have the (Z) an Express from Marcy to ENY then begin Skip-Stop Express Service to Jamaica with the (J).

Still won't work. I rather see the (W) brought back for this job. It will allow the (N) to run express again and Jamaica Line riders can transfer at Canal Street.

Still won't work. I rather see the (W) brought back for this job. It will allow the (N) to run express again and Jamaica Line riders can transfer at Canal Street.

But isn't this whole thing about sending the (J) via 4th Avenue is for giving 4th Avenue Customers access via Nassau Street? (Besides helping the (R))

For the (W) evening coming back, that I doubt this year. The (Q) is already the alternative to the (N) Express. (Even tho it would be better for it to skip 49th Street)

But isn't this whole thing about sending the (J) via 4th Avenue is for giving 4th Avenue Customers access via Nassau Street? (Besides helping the (R))

For the (W) evening coming back, that I doubt this year. The (Q) is already the alternative to the (N) Express. (Even tho it would be better for it to skip 49th Street)

The problem is you can't send either the (J) or the (Z) to South Brooklyn or else it will kill skip stop service. The only solution that could utilize the Nassau Street Line would be to create something similar to the <R> that ran from Chambers Street to Bay Ridge-95th Street, but this time send it to Bay Parkway instead. Also you would need to use a new letter.

The problem is you can't send either the (J) or the (Z) to South Brooklyn or else it will kill skip stop service. The only solution that could utilize the Nassau Street Line would be to create something similar to the <R> that ran from Chambers Street to Bay Ridge-95th Street, but this time send it to Bay Parkway instead.

Like a new (W), only brown.

No. The (W) might come back after the opening of the Second Avenue Subway. The only thing I see is a brown (V) running from Chambers Street to Bay Parkway.

I just used (W) as a bullet! It could be (X) for all I care! Take a chill pill...

Like a new (W), only brown.

No. The (W) might come back after the opening of the Second Avenue Subway. The only thing I see is a brown (V) running from Chambers Street to Bay Parkway.

I just used (W) as a bullet! It could be (X) for all I care! Take a chill pill...

And this is what triggers fights on the Forums. Smh...

And I agree with mark1447, there is no (W) coming back this year.

As for skipping 49 St, the only reason I see it is so that the (Q) has a clear path to get to 57 St. I don't think we need that either.

Yes but you see, the (M) only went to lower manhattan. If the (W) were bought down there, it would provide both lower manhattan AND midtown service. It's a win-win. The (D) riders can hop on the (W) if they wanted to get to midtown, and the lower manhattan riders will also get a one seat ride.

Truthfully it probably won't happen. A (J) extension to South Brooklyn will ruin skip stop service on the Jamaica Line and that would render the current (J)/ (Z) service extinct.

The plan I had heard did call for the (Z) being eliminated, and replaced by a 4 min. headway on the (J). All the extra unused 32's and 42's would probably have to be fixed and restored to service for that.

No (Z), idk about that. Just have (Z)s run local in Brooklyn.

The 6 (Z)s would go to whatever terminus then originate there later. No bi-di service or anything. Simple.

The 6 (Z)s would go to whatever terminus then originate there later. No bi-di service or anything. Simple.

I mentioned that so many times, but the (J) running local. But its always someone saying it would "Kill Skip-Stop service" and yadda yadda yadda.

Why is the Z rush hours only, and not a full time express route?

That is because there is no express tracks on the Jamaica Line...

Again it won't work because of reasons I mentioned that it will also kill skip stop service. We can't afford to kill skip stop service right now period. I am not being mean, but Jamaica Line residents will kill you if you try. Not literally of course.

Archived