(J) train extension getting more likely

mtattrain

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WASN'T there a reason why the rush hour M discontinued?!? Are there actually any riders that are commuting at rush hour between 4th Avenue in Brooklyn and where the (J)(Z) trains serve?

The reason for it is to help the (R). I think it should be sent to 9th Avenue...

THATS WHAT IVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY!!!

DAMN FINALLY SOMEBODY ELSE (Except Roadcruiser, who says it is a viable option UNDERSTANDS!

What are you talking about?

Why on Earth would you want to send a different train than the (J) out of Chambers St? This just blocks up all of the (J) trains that are set to end at Chambers St. All you have to do is extend them during rush hours. As I said many times before, and will say once again, the (J) will provide service to the 4 Av passengers allowing them to access every line, with the exceptions of the ( S )( S )( S ) (7) and <7>. This is what we are talking about.

<J> Nassau St Local

4 Avenue Local

9 Avenue

( Z ) Nassau St Express

4 Avenue Local

9 Avenue

- (J)(Z) NORMAL STOPS UNTIL CHAMBERS ST, RESPECTIVELY-

Chambers St [J] (R)(Z)(4)(5)[6]

Fulton St (A)(C)(J)(M)(Z)(2)(3)(4)(5)

Broad St [J][Z]

Court St (R)(2)(3)(4)(5)

Jay St( A )( C )( F )( R )

DeKalb Av ( B )( J )( Q )( R )( Z )

Atlantic Av ( B )( D )( J )( N )( Q )( R )( Z )( 2 )( 3 )( 4 )( 5 )

-ALL 4 AV LOCAL STOPS TO 36 ST-

36 St ( D )( J )( N )( R )( Z )

9 Av ( D )[J][Z]

you guys don't get it, having the (W) going down 4th ave to help the (R) won't work, the (W) will get delayed LIKE the (R) in the 60th st tube, thats why the (R) gets delayed when the (N)/(Q) shares the same track as the (R) until 49th st, the (J) is a better choice due to the fact that nothing really interferes with the (J), the (Z) can run to 9th ave as well, if you guys just pay attention and let the (MTA) do what they gotta do, then this topic won't go into shit, if the (W) comeback it should end at WHITEHALL ST, Not Bay Parkway nor 9th ave, having 2 broadway trains won't help at all, I can tell you guys don't take the broadway lines often, the (J) is a better choice and it could be done, the (R) needs help on 4th ave, 4th ave don't need another B'way Line.

Why on Earth would you want to send a different train than the (J) out of Chambers St? This just blocks up all of the (J) trains that are set to end at Chambers St. All you have to do is extend them during rush hours. As I said many times before, and will say once again, the (J) will provide service to the 4 Av passengers allowing them to access every line, with the exceptions of the ( S )( S )( S ) (7) and <7>. This is what we are talking about.

<J> Nassau St Local

4 Avenue Local

9 Avenue

( Z ) Nassau St Express

4 Avenue Local

9 Avenue

- (J)(Z) NORMAL STOPS UNTIL CHAMBERS ST, RESPECTIVELY-

Chambers St [J] (R)(Z)(4)(5)[6]

Fulton St (A)(C)(J)(M)(Z)(2)(3)(4)(5)

Broad St [J][Z]

Court St (R)(2)(3)(4)(5)

Jay St( A )( C )( F )( R )

DeKalb Av ( B )( J )( Q )( R )( Z )

Atlantic Av ( B )( D )( J )( N )( Q )( R )( Z )( 2 )( 3 )( 4 )( 5 )

-ALL 4 AV LOCAL STOPS TO 36 ST-

36 St ( D )( J )( N )( R )( Z )

9 Av ( D )[J][Z]

This will not work. It will only jam the Fourth Avenue Line tracks. Too much service on the local tracks. Causes massive reductions. Not workable sorry.

Some railfan probably spray-painted that R160 sign on the station wall and is having a good laugh at all the foaming that has resulted.

Those spray painted signs have been on the wall since before the M to Bay Parkway retired. Doubt someone other than the MTA did it, as they are all up and down the 4 av LCL stops and some on the Broadway line (N)(Q)(R)

I'm pretty positive that the (M) will most likely be rerouted back along the Nassau Street Line with an all new service. Early Morning, Late Night and All Weekend Service to/from Myrtle Av-Broadway, Weekday Midday service to/from Chambers St, and Weekday Evening Service to/from Broad St are all extended down to 9th Av, Brooklyn. Rush Hour Service to/from Bay Parkway not affected. The (K) Train will make its return into business running a new route as the 8th Avenue-Canarsie Line, operating between Jamaica-179th St, Queens and Canarsie-Rockaway Parkway, Brooklyn via the Weekday Limited Rush Hour (E), (F), (J), and (L) lines. Trains will run express in Queens (weekdays only from 6:00 AM-10:30 PM, late nights and all weekend, trains run local), local in Manhattan and Brooklyn (at all times). There will be reduced number of trips and increased waiting times on the (E), (F), (J), (L), and the returning (V) lines.

This is my idea:

It requires some rail construction, but all tunnel infrastructure exists, so it is possible.

(J)/(Z): To Broad Street all times.

New lines:

(U): Crescent Street, Atlantic Avenue, or Rockaway Parkway (IF TPH ALLOWS) to Chambers Street, Brooklyn. (J) & (Z) trains would run express from Broadway Junction to Marcy Avenue.

<R>: (R) service is increased to 12 TPH in Brooklyn. These trains would run to Chambers Street, then back over the Manhattan Bridge via the (N) & (Q) tracks. Clockwise only.

<W>: Same premise as above. but from Bay Parkway.

Both of the above lines would run weekdays only. (J) & (Z) service would also skip Canal St & Bowery.

I'm pretty positive that the (M) will most likely be rerouted back along the Nassau Street Line with an all new service. Early Morning, Late Night and All Weekend Service to/from Myrtle Av-Broadway, Weekday Midday service to/from Chambers St, and Weekday Evening Service to/from Broad St are all extended down to 9th Av, Brooklyn. Rush Hour Service to/from Bay Parkway not affected. The (K) Train will make its return into business running a new route as the 8th Avenue-Canarsie Line, operating between Jamaica-179th St, Queens and Canarsie-Rockaway Parkway, Brooklyn via the Weekday Limited Rush Hour (E), (F), (J), and (L) lines. Trains will run express in Queens (weekdays only from 6:00 AM-10:30 PM, late nights and all weekend, trains run local), local in Manhattan and Brooklyn (at all times). There will be reduced number of trips and increased waiting times on the (E), (F), (J), (L), and the returning (V) lines.

The above post is just plain foam. The (M) isn't going anywhere.

Guest Lance

Yeah..., I don't see that happening. The new (M) has proven to be way more popular than its previous incarnation by a long shot.

Why not let the (J) and (Z) work all day long and have the (J) go to Bay Parkway to assist (D) while the (Z) go to 95 street to assist the (R).

Again it will jam the Fourth Avenue Line tracks. I explained before and I will again. Two services per track. Any more than that and it would be jammed way too much for frequent service.

This is my idea:

It requires some rail construction, but all tunnel infrastructure exists, so it is possible.

(J)/ (Z): To Broad Street all times.

New lines:

(U): Crescent Street, Atlantic Avenue, or Rockaway Parkway (IF TPH ALLOWS) to Chambers Street, Brooklyn. (J) & (Z) trains would run express from Broadway Junction to Marcy Avenue.

<R>: (R) service is increased to 12 TPH in Brooklyn. These trains would run to Chambers Street, then back over the Manhattan Bridge via the (N) & (Q) tracks. Clockwise only.

<W>: Same premise as above. but from Bay Parkway.

Both of the above lines would run weekdays only. (J) & (Z) service would also skip Canal St & Bowery.

The above post is just plain foam. The (M) isn't going anywhere.

There isn't enough room for that either. It will interfere with the (M).

Some of you guys just DON"T get it, now this thread has turned into a okay lets give our most retarded ideas thread, THEY ARE NOT GONNA CHANGE THE (M), THE (W) WILL NOT GO TO BAY PARKWAY, THE (J) WILL NOT GO TO BAY PARKWAY nor the (Z) will go to 95th st, THE Talk is the (J) (rumored) to be extended to 9th ave to help out the (R) on the 4th ave line, ride Broadway more and see why I don't agree with the (W) going to bay parkway, it would be just as worse as the (R), I think this thread needs to be closed NOW!!, its turning into a stupid idea thread

There isn't enough room for that either. It will interfere with the (M).

How so?

(J)/(Z): 12 TPH

(U): 8 TPH

(M): 8 TPH

Combined: 28 TPH. It may slow things down, but it wont really interfere with it...

Also, a future, yet far-fetched part of this plan is to destroy the upper level at Myrtle Avenue and add an upper express track for two way express service.

How so?

(J)/ (Z): 12 TPH

(U): 8 TPH

(M): 8 TPH

Combined: 28 TPH. It may slow things down, but it wont really interfere with it...

Also, a future, yet far-fetched part of this plan is to destroy the upper level at Myrtle Avenue and add an upper express track for two way express service.

I'm still waiting to hear why even ONE-WAY express service will make any riders happy.

Archived