OpenBVE won't open on my Mac

Today, I went to openbve.org to download openbve on my mac. I downloaded it, and all of the dependencies, but it won't work. When I click on the OpenBVE icon, it appears in the dock for an instant but then disappears. Can anyone please help my figure out how to make it work?

The same thing happens for me too. I am talking to error46146, Bstyles, and Queens Boulevard Express, trying to solve the problem.

Hopefully some experienced OpenBVE users will be able to help us all out.

Experience OpenBVE mac users. I can help you with almost anything for OpenBVE Windows, still trying to figure out how to get the mac version running. I hope that mackoy makes a stable OpenBVE that is native compatible with mac soon, put it on the mac app store.

Ok, as the one who compiled the Mac app, you MUST have had the remaining required dependencies installed, which are SDL, OpenAL, and the Mono framework. Did you check whether those dependencies were installed?

And it was michelle who wrote OpenBVE. While one of the remaining official developers, odakyufan is just being a sitting duck, me and a few community OpenBVE members took action to rehost OpenBVE and the files.

the Mac app does take a bit to open, but it will eventually pop-up, assuming you installed the required dependencies.

Not a Mac user myself although I am quite familiar with them, but you might need to upgrade your Mac OS to Lion or the upcoming Mountain Lion release...

The test system i tested my build on was Mac OS X 10.6.8, on a MacBook Pro, so it should work on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and newer.

screenshot20120602at904.png

screenshot20120602at904.png

here's a trick i use manually on terminal. First on the terminal, type mono, then right click the openbve.app, and click on view package contents. Then go to Contents, then resources and drag and drop OpenBVE.exe into the terminal window, and then press enter. It should run.

here's a trick i use manually on terminal. First on the terminal, type mono, then right click the openbve.app, and click on view package contents. Then go to Contents, then resources and drag and drop OpenBVE.exe into the terminal window, and then press enter. It should run.

It keeps just saying:

No such file or directory

Archived