Bee Line, Ct. Transit and Northern suburbs bus proposal thread

GreatOne2k

Ossining garners more usage on the BL-14......

You think that explains why the MTA started having Poughkeepsie trains stop there? I am aware that only the 19&13 directly service the station there. I guess that explains why when I was on an evening BL-14 it was just me and 2 others from peakskill to ossining then people got on after that. Kinda makes you question the bee-line 14 a bit. I guess that explains the croton-harmon short turns on the 14.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think that explains why the MTA started having Poughkeepsie trains stop there?

I am aware that only the 19&13 directly service the station there. I guess that explains why when I was on an evening BL-14 it was just me and 2 others from peakskill to ossining then people got on after that. Kinda makes you question the bee-line 14 a bit. I guess that explains the croton-harmon short turns on the 14.

Not at all.... The BL-14 garnering more ridership out of Ossining over Croton has squat to do with why Poughkeepsie trains stop at Ossining..... No correlation whatsoever.....

The portion b/w Peekskill & Ossining (not inclusive) is Dead after a certain hour (I've also been on later 14's coming back to White Plains).... That explains the low usage when nighttime sets in.... There are more folks in Ossining that rely on the bus, than in areas like Croton, Verplanck, & Montrose...... I don't see what there is to question....

The short turns on the 14 I know of, are the Ossining ones that end @ spring/waller (the BL-19 terminal).... Those make sense, for reasons stated above - and also, the 16 handles the crowd b/w cortlandt town ctr. & peekskill proper, so you don't need too much 14 service during the later pm hours running north of Ossining..... Don't know of any short turns at Croton, so I can't speak on them (doesn't make sense to me as to why they would have them, but w/e).....

• 2 weeks later...

Which line has more riders the W2 or the 1?(excluding riders to WP& medical center & Tarrytown)?

Are you talking about the 1 that ends at yonkers city line?

If that's the case, then it's the 2.... The 2 gets more riders b/w tudor woods & downtown yonkers than the 1 (that ends at Y.O. city line) gets b/w The Riverview & downtown yonkers....

Which of the 1 branches gets the most use W,T or C? Is 1 ridership past city line significant vs other lines? I did speak with passengers that hated the 1w&T on many occasions.

First question: Lol... Sure as hell isn't the 1T!

If we're talking north of Downtown Yonkers, it's the 1W that gets more of the use....

Second question: I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this...

• 1 month later...

Did you people know there was once a Bee Line route 84 which was a Super Express from White Plains that went deep into Putnam County, even farther than the 77. I think it took I-684 all the way up. This was quite a few years back, into the 90s. Is anyone familiar with this?

Did you people know there was once a Bee Line route 84 which was a Super Express from White Plains that went deep into Putnam County, even farther than the 77. I think it took I-684 all the way up. This was quite a few years back, into the 90s. Is anyone familiar with this?

Let me guess, you want it revived?

It went from White Plains to Kent, and I think it might have used those MCIs that the BxM4C ran.

probably did considering the route. Have you ever seen the route, because I haven't just seen it on very old maps

Another interesting thought. There used to be five routes going to Playland, the 75, 90, 91, 92, 93. Now there are only 2. 75, 91. I remember the 92 was discontinued not that long ago, I even very vaguely remember the 90, dont know why it was discontinued. But what ever happened to the 93?

• 5 weeks later...

There is a proposed fare increase hearing in March....

Link

In tandem to the MTA proposed fare schedule, the Bee-Line is considering raising the fare to $2.75 while increasing the MetroCard bonus to 11% or keeping the fare at $2.50 while removing the bonus all together.

Not looking forward to this...

they should revive the B-L 24. That route hasnt been around in awhile

just stop routes get eliminated for a reason.

I did not frequent Westchester often back when the 84 was running so I don't remember seeing one.  Those Playland routes probably got cut because of low ridership.  Some 13s now go there.

some were duplicative of the train/ 75 bus.

Archived