Bee Line, Ct. Transit and Northern suburbs bus proposal thread

GreatOne2k

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 40 would be another full time Bronx - White Plains route and a quicker one as well (much better than the 20).

Exactly, and a lot of people would take it as well. the 40 also uses more artics than the 42, so more people can fit going to 241st St.

3:

...If that's the case, then I wonder why don't they have the 3 just run only up to E J Conroy Dr, or have every other bus go to Purchase. The routing and service levels makes it seem as if it was such a route (besides the people who commute from White Plains proper)

What I want to know is, why did they take buses off of running on the NYS Thruway & the Cross Westchester to get to White Plains....

While I don't know how utilized the 3 to Purchase was back in those days, these days - again, it's not much more than a Bronx-Yonkers to White Plains express.... I don't understand why they (still) have the 3 going in that specific complex (it currently does).... I wouldn't even run one of the loop routes to the Purchase Centre, let alone continue to have the 3 doing so....

....As for the 12, yeah I do believe buses should run on Anderson Hill during peak periods (or rather, when the 3 is not running in the same direction, just to maintain connectivity during off peak periods), think the three is more than enough on that segment. I was thinking of truncating 12's at the airport rush hours, and have Armonk riders use H's, unless they're coming from other destinations not exclusive from within the city. The H would serve business park drive (it's only one trip regardless, then go back to Armonk, and then go back as a H to White Plains. For riders from Armonk going to White Plains, it would make the ride signifcantly faster, unless most are not going to White Plains (I don't know much about travel patterns out of armonk; you can correct me on that if I'm wrong). The 7:15/7:30 trips would be combined into one trip, for obvious reason, that combo local trip would serve everything including Reckson.

As a recap: 

New 12 Times to Airport from White Plains (via Anderson Hill):

6:20, 7:28, 8:05, 8:35, 9:30, 3:30, 4:30, 5:10, 

New 12 Times to Armonk from White Plains (via Westchester Avenue):

10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 1:30, 2:30, 6:10 

New 12 Times to White Plains from Airport

9:41, 10:41, 11:41, 12:41, 1:41, 2:41, 3:41, 4:10, 5:10, 5:50, 7:11

New 12 Times to White Plains from Armonk

11:30, 12:30, 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, 7:00

Bold denotes PM 

H Buses would replace 12 service during peak periods, and there are some savings in the sense that during peak periods, there isn't any service directly between the airport and Armonk (but the several reverse peak H buses will bring the savings down a bit, or even completely negate it). 

In that setup, you could possibly attract some new riders by having a bus go non-stop to the city (for the train), which would be an improvement over the forever winding 12. The H would basically be a 12 Super Express/Limited/However you want to call it.

To answer your question, virtually all of those folks are heading to white plains.... The ones that are commuting up to CT, drive...

The 12, I think we both realize that if it weren't for the airport, Bee Line would have gotten rid of this route when they cut it back to Armonk.... What we're talking about w/ buses utilizing Anderson hill rd. (peak times or for all trips) is nothing more than trying to make the best of the current situation.....

What I want to know is, why did they take buses off of running on the NYS Thruway & the Cross Westchester to get to White Plains....

For as long as I've been taking the 3, it never used the NYS Thruway unless it was using it for a detour. It always used the Sprain Brook Pkwy in both directions, and half the time it uses Dobbs Ferry Rd, and half the time it uses the Cross Westchester. Based on driver preference I guess.

For as long as I've been taking the 3, it never used the NYS Thruway unless it was using it for a detour. It always used the Sprain Brook Pkwy in both directions, and half the time it uses Dobbs Ferry Rd, and half the time it uses the Cross Westchester. Based on driver preference I guess.

Before the implementation of the 1x & the 43, the BL-3 back around the early 2000's took the Thruway to the Cross Westchester...

Before the implementation of the 1x & the 43, the BL-3 back around the early 2000's took the Thruway to the Cross Westchester...

I've taken the 3 back then, and it said that on paper, but the 3 never really took that route, it always took the Sprain Brook Pkwy for as long as I remember, dating back to 2000, maybe earlier.

I've taken the 3 back then, and it said that on paper, but the 3 never really took that route, it always took the Sprain Brook Pkwy for as long as I remember, dating back to 2000, maybe earlier.

That can't be true, because I've been on 3's that took the Cross Westchester to the Thruway heading back to the Bronx.....

I don't know when they started permanently having 3's take the Sprain Brook, but around the late '90's-early 2000's (when I used to fan Bee Line quite a bit), I never took a 3 (either direction) that took the Sprain Brook..... I'm guessing somewhere around the mid 2000's when buses no longer took the Thruway in any capacity (driver preference or not).....

While I don't know how utilized the 3 to Purchase was back in those days, these days - again, it's not much more than a Bronx-Yonkers to White Plains express.... I don't understand why they (still) have the 3 going in that specific complex (it currently does).... I wouldn't even run one of the loop routes to the Purchase Centre, let alone continue to have the 3 doing so....

To answer your question, virtually all of those folks are heading to white plains.... The ones that are commuting up to CT, drive...

The 12, I think we both realize that if it weren't for the airport, Bee Line would have gotten rid of this route when they cut it back to Armonk.... What we're talking about w/ buses utilizing Anderson hill rd. (peak times or for all trips) is nothing more than trying to make the best of the current situation.....

They used to use the thruway? That seems interesting.

If overserving is the problem, I would just have every other bus serve it. 

As for the service in Armonk, if virtually everyone is going to Armonk, then I would opt for having the H run into the town itself, when it would traditionally do it's deadhead. The AM buses would run on it's current time, but after serving all the areas there, it goes to business park drive, then Armonk, and then it would go non-stop to E J Conroy Drive, and then drop off. The PM buses would start at White Plains, pick-up only, and then run non-stop to Armonk, then to IBM, and the PM H route. All PM peak service to business park drive up there in armonk would be done by the H instead of the Route 12 bus (during this time, Route 12 buses operate to/from Westchester Airport). 

As for the last paragraph, yep that's correct. I remember shortly after the cuts, 12 service on the weekends ended at SUNY purchase (it had 60 minute headways, and was kept like that). I don't know what happen afterward, but the 12 got extended to the airport afterward (on weekends), however the headway rose to every 80 minutes instead (keeping general costs somewhat similar). However, the extra ridership it has gained from that extension has indeed maintained the 12 stay in service.

Here's a schedule from Feburary 12,2010 (12 service ending at SUNY Purchase)

http://web.archive.org/web/20100331133139/http://www.westchestergov.com/jtransportation/pdfs/timetable_rte_12_021510.pdf

I don't know why SUNY was chosen as the terminal, but that obviously was not going to suffice for the line, since SUNY purchase has its own bus service (and for free), and I wouldn't have possibly seen Manhattanville being the ridership generator on weekends.

I remember they had a bus service over there too called the airlink. What happened to that (I know it ran basically non-stop from White Plains to the airport). 

That can't be true, because I've been on 3's that took the Cross Westchester to the Thruway heading back to the Bronx.....

I don't know when they started permanently having 3's take the Sprain Brook, but around the late '90's-early 2000's (when I used to fan Bee Line quite a bit), I never took a 3 (either direction) that took the Sprain Brook..... I'm guessing somewhere around the mid 2000's when buses no longer took the Thruway in any capacity (driver preference or not).....

I dont remember the 3 using the Thruway as a regular route, but I was very young back then so I could be wrong. However, i do think the 3 should use the Sprain Brook since it is faster.

I dont remember the 3 using the Thruway as a regular route, but I was very young back then so I could be wrong. However, i do think the 3 should use the Sprain Brook since it is faster.

I don't remember any reason they moved the 3 onto the Sprain Brook, which is what I was asking to begin with...

I'm not, nor wasn't, disputing the Sprain Brook routing being faster.... Never was.

They used to use the thruway? That seems interesting.

If overserving is the problem, I would just have every other bus serve it. 

As for the service in Armonk, if virtually everyone is going to Armonk, then I would opt for having the H run into the town itself, when it would traditionally do it's deadhead. The AM buses would run on it's current time, but after serving all the areas there, it goes to business park drive, then Armonk, and then it would go non-stop to E J Conroy Drive, and then drop off. The PM buses would start at White Plains, pick-up only, and then run non-stop to Armonk, then to IBM, and the PM H route. All PM peak service to business park drive up there in armonk would be done by the H instead of the Route 12 bus (during this time, Route 12 buses operate to/from Westchester Airport). 

As for the last paragraph, yep that's correct. I remember shortly after the cuts, 12 service on the weekends ended at SUNY purchase (it had 60 minute headways, and was kept like that). I don't know what happen afterward, but the 12 got extended to the airport afterward (on weekends), however the headway rose to every 80 minutes instead (keeping general costs somewhat similar). However, the extra ridership it has gained from that extension has indeed maintained the 12 stay in service.

Here's a schedule from Feburary 12, 2010 (12 service ending at SUNY Purchase)

http://web.archive.org/web/20100331133139/http://www.westchestergov.com/jtransportation/pdfs/timetable_rte_12_021510.pdf

I don't know why SUNY was chosen as the terminal, but that obviously was not going to suffice for the line, since SUNY purchase has its own bus service (and for free), and I wouldn't have possibly seen Manhattanville being the ridership generator on weekends.

I remember they had a bus service over there too called the airlink. What happened to that (I know it ran basically non-stop from White Plains to the airport). 

It's not that I think the BL-3 is overserving Purchase Centre - it's that I think the problem is the route serving it to begin with!

The difference b/w Purchase Centre & E.J. Conroy I'd guesstimate at about 20 minutes - which is just plain crazy for as many riders that pile onto the 3 b/w Broadway (white plains) & the transcenter... Bronx bound, you virtually see no Purchase-White Plains ridership - that is reserved for the 13 & the loop routes.... You'd think the 3 would be *just another bus* along Westchester av if you needed White Plains, but it simply isn't used that way.... The handful of pax along the way would actually wait for the loop buses.....

They may as well let the 13 (full time) & loops A-D (rush only) serve westchester av (I'd cut the 12 off at [to have all trips running along] Anderson Hill & ending at the airport).... I think there should be a bit of a service increase on the 13 (rush hrs) anyway.....

Speaking of the 12, since they cut it back to Armonk, it's basically utilized just like one of the loop routes (except for whoever's getting on/off for The Westchester mall).... I also think they should left it alone, running it up to JVM for simple coverage, but unfortunately, it's not fin to happen.... At this point, they should probably call it loop E or G or something, and run it as a point-to-point route the second after it serves Broadway/Main.... It'd serve The Westchester, Manhattanville College, SUNY Purchase, and the Airport.... So that's a(nother) mall, 2 schools, and an airport... Little different than serving a bunch of business parks, but they can still pull it off.... Since they truncated the route (from JVM), it would be in their best interest to serve the most riders the route can still garner as efficiently as possible.... Having the route end at Armonk was, to me, a very very poor attempt at reaching for possible ridership...

As for AirLink, they got rid of that back in the earlier part of 2010 (before the MTA mass cuts)..... My problem with the thing was that they used mini-buses, didn't stop inside the transcenter (it ran directly to the RR station), and more importantly, seemed to cater to a private riderbase - instead of the general public.... It resembled taxi service, the way it used to pick up & drop off pax over there at the RR station... Guess they found out the hard way that riders were STILL taking 12's to the airport, over a service that ran directly to the damn airport.... Main people that used it were airport employees....

It's not that I think the BL-3 is overserving Purchase Centre - it's that I think the problem is the route serving it to begin with!

The difference b/w Purchase Centre & E.J. Conroy I'd guesstimate at about 20 minutes - which is just plain crazy for as many riders that pile onto the 3 b/w Broadway (white plains) & the transcenter... Bronx bound, you virtually see no Purchase-White Plains ridership - that is reserved for the 13 & the loop routes.... You'd think the 3 would be *just another bus* along Westchester av if you needed White Plains, but it simply isn't used that way.... The handful of pax along the way would actually wait for the loop buses.....

They may as well let the 13 (full time) & loops A-D (rush only) serve westchester av (I'd cut the 12 off at [to have all trips running along] Anderson Hill & ending at the airport).... I think there should be a bit of a service increase on the 13 (rush hrs) anyway.....

Speaking of the 12, since they cut it back to Armonk, it's basically utilized just like one of the loop routes (except for whoever's getting on/off for The Westchester mall).... I also think they should left it alone, running it up to JVM for simple coverage, but unfortunately, it's not fin to happen.... At this point, they should probably call it loop E or G or something, and run it as a point-to-point route the second after it serves Broadway/Main.... It'd serve The Westchester, Manhattanville College, SUNY Purchase, and the Airport.... So that's a(nother) mall, 2 schools, and an airport... Little different than serving a bunch of business parks, but they can still pull it off.... Since they truncated the route (from JVM), it would be in their best interest to serve the most riders the route can still garner as efficiently as possible.... Having the route end at Armonk was, to me, a very very poor attempt at reaching for possible ridership...

As for AirLink, they got rid of that back in the earlier part of 2010 (before the MTA mass cuts)..... My problem with the thing was that they used mini-buses, didn't stop inside the transcenter (it ran directly to the RR station), and more importantly, seemed to cater to a private riderbase - instead of the general public.... It resembled taxi service, the way it used to pick up & drop off pax over there at the RR station... Guess they found out the hard way that riders were STILL taking 12's to the airport, over a service that ran directly to the damn airport.... Main people that used it were airport employees....

I mean, I will take your word that the segment is not as strong in ridership, but I wouldn't outright eliminate all the service there. I would just maintain the 3 there, since the 12 by itself is not going to be a suitable alternative. I would still maintain some service at Purchase, at the very least every hour (in conjunction with the 12). Then you can focus on the White Plains-Bronx segment of the route, and then save a bus or so with the reduction of service between White Plains and Purchase. As for the route duration for the 3 (between Purchase and White Plains), you're estimate is accurate more or less (it's generally 22 minutes).

If the 13 were to have an increase, where and what would the increase be on that route? Obviously, the whole route isn't gonna get the increased headway, so where would it be (White Plains to Port Chester, Tarrytown to Port Chester, or some other combination). I wouldn't mind seeing the 13 with expanded headways during the rush hour periods. 

As for the 12, I would've maintained it running to Mount Kisco, so that there is a second link to White Plains. I think there should be Sunday service on the 19, but I don't know if the ridership is high enough to warrant running it. I guess since beeline figured that the 15 serves similar areas and goes to White Plains, there wasn't a need to run 12's anymore. The 15 is essentially a coverage route, however going towards it's end it tends to complement and/or supplement other service, so Bee Line at that time didn't think that a transfer to the 16 would be so bad (how 15/16 are timed at Cortlandt Town Center, I don't precisely know, but that's another discussion by itself.

The airlink could've been utilized more, but I guess the current 12 setup works too. I thought it served the TransCenter though. I guess that (partially) explains why it wasn't utilized as the 12. I think the Airlink stop at the White Plains R.R station is still up, on that side block that guts into the train station, parallel to the where the Greyhound/Coach USA buses stop. (I was there last year in Feburary or so, but things can change in one year), besides the loop stop (or I don't know, could've been a perception).

I mean, I will take your word that the segment is not as strong in ridership, but I wouldn't outright eliminate all the service there. I would just maintain the 3 there, since the 12 by itself is not going to be a suitable alternative. I would still maintain some service at Purchase, at the very least every hour (in conjunction with the 12). Then you can focus on the White Plains-Bronx segment of the route, and then save a bus or so with the reduction of service between White Plains and Purchase. As for the route duration for the 3 (between Purchase and White Plains), you're estimate is accurate more or less (it's generally 22 minutes).

If the 13 were to have an increase, where and what would the increase be on that route? Obviously, the whole route isn't gonna get the increased headway, so where would it be (White Plains to Port Chester, Tarrytown to Port Chester, or some other combination). I wouldn't mind seeing the 13 with expanded headways during the rush hour periods. 

As for the 12, I would've maintained it running to Mount Kisco, so that there is a second link to White Plains. I think there should be Sunday service on the 19, but I don't know if the ridership is high enough to warrant running it. I guess since beeline figured that the 15 serves similar areas and goes to White Plains, there wasn't a need to run 12's anymore. The 15 is essentially a coverage route, however going towards it's end it tends to complement and/or supplement other service, so Bee Line at that time didn't think that a transfer to the 16 would be so bad (how 15/16 are timed at Cortlandt Town Center, I don't precisely know, but that's another discussion by itself.

The airlink could've been utilized more, but I guess the current 12 setup works too. I thought it served the TransCenter though. I guess that (partially) explains why it wasn't utilized as the 12. I think the Airlink stop at the White Plains R.R station is still up, on that side block that guts into the train station, parallel to the where the Greyhound/Coach USA buses stop. (I was there last year in Feburary or so, but things can change in one year), besides the loop stop (or I don't know, could've been a perception).

The AirLink did serve the trans center in Lane D, as well at the RR Station. It was a bit weird how it did serve both.

As for the 12, I think it should be run back up to JV, at least on weekdays. And it is faster than the 15 as well, and runs more frequently.

Right, if it's generally 22 mins., and the main usage (which is very low) it does get b/w that stretch is almost 100% supplemental, why bother.... When loop buses past White Plains are sought after more than the 3, then to me, running 3's there are wasteful... I'd buy the coverage argument if there were more (less private, meaning, non business parks) places of interest along Westchester av past The Westchester mall & along Purchase st, but there simply aren't..... Running 3's there every hour would yield no more than 3 trips (the am trips already doesn't have it's earliest 2 trips & it's latest trip not running past Broadway)....

Furthermore, I don't quite get your logic with the focusing on serving Purchase first, before focusing on serving the Bronx/Yonkers-White Plains riders (bolded in black & red)..... This isn't a x28/38 situation where the route should still maintain trips towards Sea Gate, but not all trips should run to Sea Gate (to give an analogy).....

The 3 not running past White Plains would have nothing to do with the 12 (totally separate issues), since I'd take away service from Purchase st up from Westchester av also....

The 13 increase would be b/w White Plains & Tarrytown, and would be split b/w the benedict spur & the rt. 119 spur. within Tarrytown... To boot, since the 1W would be gone, the 13 would be the only route (along 119) running b/w rts 9 & 9a - Which is how it should be IMO....

The 15 & 16 aren't timed at Cortlandt Town Center, the 14 (which ends there) & 15 (toward Peekskill) are.... Almost every single 15 I've taken up to Peekskill that arrived before the 14, would wait for the 14.... If the 14 got there first, it (the 15) would pick up pax. and then bounce..... The 16 doesn't seem to be timed with anything... Whether the 15/16 should be timed or not, I haven't put any thought into.... As for JVM, the 12 & the 16 were timed, with the 12 generally arriving first.... But yeah, it should have at least maintained service to Mt. Kisco at minimum, since there was turnover b/w the 12 & the 19 up there.... That is an argument for coverage I would buy/favor....

As to why (I think) the 12 got cut back, I can't fathom it had much of anything to do with the 15... Even though I thought something from the south should serve JVM (similar problem Brooklyn's Gateway mall had when the B13 was the only route serving it, and it was a PITA to get there from areas east of the B13), there's a very good chance they studied the sheer usage b/w the Airport & JVM, and they determined that so few riders isn't worth running service for so much mileage (fuel costs)... Which, to be honest, I have to agree from a sheer cost perspective....

Regarding AirLink, the only real question I have is, how utilized would it have been if the 12 never served the airport....

Here are my official Bee-Line proposal for the future:

1: (as stated above) Rt 1W-eliminated, Rt 1C-peak hours only, Rt 1T-increased service to Tarrytown, and Saturday service introduced.

1-City Line, all service extended to Dobbs Ferry ( some added as 1T's to Tarrytown ). A new Route, Rt 1A added during middays (Weekdays only) as Express service between Broadway 242nd St-WCC/Medical Center via Ardsley. (Ashburton Ave, Nepperhan Ave, Saw Mill River Rd)

1/2: Late Night hourly service introduced between Broadway 242nd St & Getty Square

3: Eliminate service to Manhattanville Rd/Purchase. (replaced by a newly revived Loop E). Also extend service between 6:00 and 9:00 to White Plains, and 3:30 to 7:00 to the Bronx. Also reroute the routing between Downtown Yonkers & Sprain Brook Pkwy. New Routing will be Ashburton Ave/Saw Mill River Rd/Palmer Rd/Central Park Ave/Sprain Pkwy (same for Rt 1X)

4: introduce hourly late night service between Bedford Park & Getty Square

5: increase Saturday service between Yonkers & White Plains to every 1/2 hour. and Sunday service to every hour.

6: extend route to Broadway 242nd St, evidently becoming "THE ROUTE" from West Bronx-White Plains. Also eliminate Pleasantville service (to be replaced by the 15). Also Increased service between the Bronx and White Plains on Weekdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Service to run til midnight on Weekdays, 11:30 pm Saturdays, and 10:30 pm Sundays.

7: hourly late night service introduced between Yonkers & New Rochelle. Also all Sunday short turn trips now run full route.

8: increased Weekday and Saturday service.

12: service extended to Jefferson Valley weekdays, Mount Kisco saturdays, and the County Airport Sundays.

13: hourly late night service introduced between Tarrytown & Port Chester

14: Weekday service between White Plains & Ossining extended to 11:30PM, Saturday service extended to 10PM

15: Route re-routed between White Plains & Pleasantville to the current Rt 6 routing. (15 route between White Plains & Medical Center replaced by the 63)

20: late night hourly service introduced between the Bronx & White Plains, and 1/2 hour service between the Bronx & Tuckahoe Rd.

21: service now runs all day during Weekdays.

24: newly revived route that runs from Yonkers-Getty Square to Nereid Ave Subway, via Yonkers Ave/Central Park Ave/McLean Ave. Rush Hours Only

25: service extended to 12 Midnight both directions weekdays

26: increased service on Weekdays and Saturdays

30: service re-routed to serve Yonkers RR Station, and Sunday service is introduced, hourly between 9AM and 5PM

32: service re-route off Hawthorne Ave at Ludlow St, and will use Riverdale Ave north of Ludlow St.

40: route now serves 241st St Subway full time

42: Saturday service to 233rd St now revived

52: Sunday service introduced

53: route now runs all day on weekdays

60: late night hourly service introduced between the Bronx and New Rochelle.

63: service extended to the Westchester Medical Center to replace the Rt 15

77: service now serves Yorktown Heights. (back to pre 2004 routing)

90: service revived between Fordham and Playland. (first time since 2002)

Here are my official Bee-Line proposal for the future:

1: (as stated above) Rt 1W-eliminated, Rt 1C-peak hours only, Rt 1T-increased service to Tarrytown, and Saturday service introduced.

1-City Line, all service extended to Dobbs Ferry ( some added as 1T's to Tarrytown ). A new Route, Rt 1A added during middays (Weekdays only) as Express service between Broadway 242nd St-WCC/Medical Center via Ardsley. (Ashburton Ave, Nepperhan Ave, Saw Mill River Rd)

1/2: Late Night hourly service introduced between Broadway 242nd St & Getty Square

3: Eliminate service to Manhattanville Rd/Purchase. (replaced by a newly revived Loop E). Also extend service between 6:00 and 9:00 to White Plains, and 3:30 to 7:00 to the Bronx. Also reroute the routing between Downtown Yonkers & Sprain Brook Pkwy. New Routing will be Ashburton Ave/Saw Mill River Rd/Palmer Rd/Central Park Ave/Sprain Pkwy (same for Rt 1X)

4: introduce hourly late night service between Bedford Park & Getty Square

5: increase Saturday service between Yonkers & White Plains to every 1/2 hour. and Sunday service to every hour.

6: extend route to Broadway 242nd St, evidently becoming "THE ROUTE" from West Bronx-White Plains. Also eliminate Pleasantville service (to be replaced by the 15). Also Increased service between the Bronx and White Plains on Weekdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Service to run til midnight on Weekdays, 11:30 pm Saturdays, and 10:30 pm Sundays.

7: hourly late night service introduced between Yonkers & New Rochelle. Also all Sunday short turn trips now run full route.

8: increased Weekday and Saturday service.

12: service extended to Jefferson Valley weekdays, Mount Kisco saturdays, and the County Airport Sundays.

13: hourly late night service introduced between Tarrytown & Port Chester

14: Weekday service between White Plains & Ossining extended to 11:30PM, Saturday service extended to 10PM

15: Route re-routed between White Plains & Pleasantville to the current Rt 6 routing. (15 route between White Plains & Medical Center replaced by the 63)

20: late night hourly service introduced between the Bronx & White Plains, and 1/2 hour service between the Bronx & Tuckahoe Rd.

21: service now runs all day during Weekdays.

24: newly revived route that runs from Yonkers-Getty Square to Nereid Ave Subway, via Yonkers Ave/Central Park Ave/McLean Ave. Rush Hours Only

25: service extended to 12 Midnight both directions weekdays

26: increased service on Weekdays and Saturdays

30: service re-routed to serve Yonkers RR Station, and Sunday service is introduced, hourly between 9AM and 5PM

32: service re-route off Hawthorne Ave at Ludlow St, and will use Riverdale Ave north of Ludlow St.

40: route now serves 241st St Subway full time

42: Saturday service to 233rd St now revived

52: Sunday service introduced

53: route now runs all day on weekdays

60: late night hourly service introduced between the Bronx and New Rochelle.

63: service extended to the Westchester Medical Center to replace the Rt 15

77: service now serves Yorktown Heights. (back to pre 2004 routing)

90: service revived between Fordham and Playland. (first time since 2002)

Not bad. Quick question. Does the 20 bypass Cross County during the late night hours? Does the 60 go back towards the Concourse too?

Will the 1 and 2 see hourly late night service or do you mean 1 or 2?

it doesnt really matter since they are both the same route between 242nd St and Getty Square. But it will be both of them running.

Not bad. Quick question. Does the 20 bypass Cross County during the late night hours? Does the 60 go back towards the Concourse too?

yes the 20 will bypass Cross County during late nights, so they will really be 20X's. 

And I forgot to add, 60/61 will go back towards the Concourse full time.

The last dropoffs used to be inside the parking lot (carmel bowl), IDK what buses do up there now.

I always wondered where the pick up or drop off was in that area?

So between the 1 and 2, it will be a 30 minute headway on South Broadway late nights.

Yes.

Archived