Bee Line, Ct. Transit and Northern suburbs bus proposal thread

GreatOne2k

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe I forgot. Service on the CDTA's #50 should be extended to midnight on sundays during track season in Saratoga. Service should also start at around 4AM, for the 50 during track season on the weekend aswell.

CDTA 50? why did it not extend to replace 870 east of saratoga springs on select trips?

I think because of the length. On it's current route it's 90 minutes one way. And actually, the 472 now runs via Wilton. Also, yes, I was reffering to CDTA.

Just throwing it out there, but the MNRR doesn't have overnight service, so you can't use the Harlem Line as an alternative to the #40 (or #20 for that matter). Also, you can't use the MNRR as an alternative for the #60 because it doesn't have overnight service. Yeah, if it did, then there wouldn't be a point, but that's not the case. It's cheaper to run a bus than a train, so for the time being, the route should have overnight service.

In the meantime, I think the 1W should run 24/7 for now, since there's no overnight Hudson Line service. It could make a slight diversion to Tarrytown, and then continue down Route 119, providing overnight service. (Though it looks like there's an OWL service, so I don't know what that's about). Then the #7 should have overnight service, as well as either the #60 or #61 (Remember that they would also provide overnight service along Boston Road in The Bronx).

So, so far, I have the 1W, #7, #20, and #60/61.

I guess since this is about the northern suburbs in general (not just overnight service), I'm wondering if there's anything that can be done with the #5. How much demand is there between both sides of White Plains? How delayed does the route get, since it's long? But then again, there might not be enough ridership to sustain the route east of White Plains, since it looks like mostly suburbia between there and Larchmont. (But maybe there's another route that could cover that section, instead of the #5)

Checkmate the OWL bus was an old Coach USA/Shortline Bus line that ran rush hours in peak direction between Orange County(Middletown, NY) and White Plains from the early 1990's-2006/'07. It was cut due to low ridership. Plus if it did came back, it should only between Woodbury Commons Park and Ride (monroe/harriman ny) and White Plains.

Back to overnight service in westchester. MNRR could run bus service say at least between 242nd St and Tarrytown(Hudson line) Woodlawn (4) station and North White Plains (Harlem) and between Pelham Bay (6) and Stamford (New haven), However it's just cheaper to run IMO a 3am train even just to Stamford, White Plains and Croton-Harmon.

Only the 1/2, 7, 20 and 42 need overnight service in westchester.

Again if Fordham/Boston Post RD. is that busy then the (MTA) should just run at least the BX30 overnights with hourly headways. Fordham/Boston Post RD. (US Route 1) past the Bronx/Westchester border simply does not need 24/7 service. Running the #60 later until say 1am monday-saturdays and midnight sunday nights makes more sense.

Just my takes.

I think the OWL should have at least a few trips extended to Middletown, since it's a fairly dense area.

As for the Bx30, the overnight service would parallel the Bx28 for a portion of the route (then again, it's a fairly high ridership route, so it's not that bad). The BL-60/61 would Boston Road south of Gun Hill an overnight route.

I think the OWL should have at least a few trips extended to Middletown, since it's a fairly dense area.

As for the Bx30, the overnight service would parallel the Bx28 for a portion of the route (then again, it's a fairly high ridership route, so it's not that bad). The BL-60/61 would Boston Road south of Gun Hill an overnight route.

I rode 1x that CUSA/Shortline Bus WP-Middletown NY route on a Friday afternoon around 2000. And checkmate that trip only had about 20 riders. Most of them got off at Woodbury Common Park and Ride(there both a huge outlet mall and wal mart shopping center in that area)and by time our trips arrived in middletown it was only 3 people left(including me).

If the owl returned one change needed if still ran to Middletown is this. IMO it should terminate at the Orange County Galleria Mall (near Walkkill MNRR Pt Jervis line)instead of the CUSA/Shortline Bus station in Downtown Middletown. With that said, I still beleive running it between Woodbury Commons in Harriman/Monroe, NY and White Plains makes more sense.

Back to the #60/61 idea. Ideally the (MTA) should create a new route running between Pelham Township (BX16 Eastbound terminal at Bronx/westchester border)and Sedwick Ave/Fordham Rd running 24/7. While the #60/61 runs as a "Limited" between Fordham plz. and Westchester. That could solve a lot of problems.

Checkmate the OWL bus was an old Coach USA/Shortline Bus line that ran rush hours in peak direction between Orange County(Middletown, NY) and White Plains from the early 1990's-2006/'07. It was cut due to low ridership. Plus if it did came back, it should only between Woodbury Commons Park and Ride (monroe/harriman ny) and White Plains.

Back to overnight service in westchester. MNRR could run bus service say at least between 242nd St and Tarrytown(Hudson line) Woodlawn (4) station and North White Plains (Harlem) and between Pelham Bay (6) and Stamford (New haven), However it's just cheaper to run IMO a 3am train even just to Stamford, White Plains and Croton-Harmon.

Only the 1/2, 7, 20 and 42 need overnight service in westchester.

Again if Fordham/Boston Post RD. is that busy then the (MTA) should just run at least the BX30 overnights with hourly headways. Fordham/Boston Post RD. (US Route 1) past the Bronx/Westchester border simply does not need 24/7 service. Running the #60 later until say 1am monday-saturdays and midnight sunday nights makes more sense.

Just my takes.

Err OWL was cut How so I saw a bunch of CUSA buses out there in white plains at rush going towards orange county I am not sure no scolding please. It's latest schedule is dated july 2009. http://www.coachusa.com/CoachUsaAssets/files/98/owl.pdf I still saw schedule info on their site.

Err OWL was cut How so I saw a bunch of CUSA buses out there in white plains at rush going towards orange county I am not sure no scolding please. It's latest schedule is dated july 2009. http://www.coachusa....iles/98/owl.pdf I still saw schedule info on their site.

That QJ the regular LI-Orange County trips for CUSA/Shortline that runs every 2 hours at peak daily that replaced the owl. The Owl sign/schedule was even taken down at the White Plains transcenter.

That QJ the regular LI-Orange County trips for CUSA/Shortline that runs every 2 hours at peak daily that replaced the owl. The Owl sign/schedule was even taken down at the White Plains transcenter.

ok thanks for the info was it's ridership really that dismal?

Woah LI-Orange peak service was improved?? I remember it being much less frequent than every 2 hours like 2 or 3 trips

ok thanks for the info was it's ridership really that dismal?

Woah LI-Orange peak service was improved?? I remember it being much less frequent than every 2 hours like 2 or 3 trips

It still only about 4-5 trips a day. I was making point during rush hours it has 1-2 hour headways.

FYI. A few of those trips are connecting services to/from Binghamton and Elmira, NY in state Southern Tier region.

The OWL is still alive.....they haven't cut that at all.

The OWL (L-287) is the peak service between WP and Middletown, serving both side of Westchester Av in WP.

The X-495 is the off peak service and suppliments the OWL during the AM/PM peaks.

The OWL is still alive.....they haven't cut that at all.

The OWL (L-287) is the peak service between WP and Middletown, serving both side of Westchester Av in WP.

The X-495 is the off peak service and suppliments the OWL during the AM/PM peaks.

I was talking about that Coach USA/Shortline they merged it with the regular LI-Orange County trips. The schedules and maps are gone from the Transcenter in White Plains. So in sense it was cut and merged BZguy.

Between the early 1990's-2006 the owl was a separte service like the peak hour Poughkeepsie-White Plains Route 9 Leprechaun bus.

http://www.leprechaunlines.com/commuter_newburghbeacon.asp

Not trying to be a pain in the ass but it's still two separate runs. The OWL (L-287) is the commuter....serving Terrytown and the Westchester Av area of White Plains. There are also L-287 trips that serve as a suppliment for the TZx between White Plains and Suffren. Primarily it uses the Orange County D4500s although regular ShortLine buses do fill in from time to time. The fare is regulated by the NYDOT which owns that route.

Now the X-495 starts in Monticello and mirrors the L-287 though Orange County but only stops at the WP TransCenter then continues on for Long Island. It's primarily a drop off only schedule for the folks that are coming down from Ithaca and Binghamton although they do get some local ridership.

Now I know for fact that the OWL still stops are the TransCenter....my assumption is that they want the passengers traveling between White Plains and Middletown on the X-495 just to make sure they don't leave any commuters behind since the X-495 heads straight to Nanuet after leaving WP.

Not trying to be a pain in the ass but it's still two separate runs. The OWL (L-287) is the commuter....serving Terrytown and the Westchester Av area of White Plains. There are also L-287 trips that serve as a suppliment for the TZx between White Plains and Suffren. Primarily it uses the Orange County D4500s although regular ShortLine buses do fill in from time to time. The fare is regulated by the NYDOT which owns that route.

Now the X-495 starts in Monticello and mirrors the L-287 though Orange County but only stops at the WP TransCenter then continues on for Long Island. It's primarily a drop off only schedule for the folks that are coming down from Ithaca and Binghamton although they do get some local ridership.

Now I know for fact that the OWL still stops are the TransCenter....my assumption is that they want the passengers traveling between White Plains and Middletown on the X-495 just to make sure they don't leave any commuters behind since the X-495 heads straight to Nanuet after leaving WP.

OK you win that point BZguy. :o

Another proposal for beeline bus.

Extend the BL-55 to Bay Plaza in Coop City. Also a new route running daily between New Rochelle Roc City shopping center and Bay Plaza as well.

reactions?

Funny a rte from bay plaza to new rochelle your better off extending 66 or 30 both need the ridership anyway and it is a very short stint.

Funny a rte from bay plaza to new rochelle your better off extending 66 or 30 both need the ridership anyway and it is a very short stint.

the 66? to co-op? yeah, you've lost it....

the 30.... with the way that route meanders b/w yonkers & new roc, negative.....

Extend the BL-55 to Bay Plaza in Coop City. Also a new route running daily between New Rochelle Roc City shopping center and Bay Plaza as well.

reactions?

a new route between bay plaza & New Roc city isn't necessary....

just route your 55 extension to where it would serve bay plaza or w/e, then bartow > baychester > co-op city bl > peartree > then Bx30 to Dyre av > then up dyre > to 233rd > regular route...... folks can then xfer for the 61 to New Roc.....

....then you can get rid of that EB bus stop right on the corner of conner/boston; hate bus stops at gas stations... aint safe at all... Let folks make the xfer b/w the Bx16 or the Bx30 & Bee-Line buses at Dyre/Boston.....

the 66? to co-op? yeah, you've lost it....

the 30.... with the way that route meanders b/w yonkers & new roc, negative.....

a new route between bay plaza & New Roc city isn't necessary....

just route your 55 extension to where it would serve bay plaza or w/e, then bartow > baychester > co-op city bl > peartree > then Bx30 to Dyre av > then up dyre > to 233rd > regular route...... folks can then xfer for the 61 to New Roc.....

....then you can get rid of that EB bus stop right on the corner of conner/boston; hate bus stops at gas stations... aint safe at all... Let folks make the xfer b/w the Bx16 or the Bx30 & Bee-Line buses at Dyre/Boston.....

A former Bee line exec like Dadbo can explain but Bee Line officals should consider the Northern Bronx as a primary coverage area as westchester itself. While Westchester County is their primary market for customers, IMO an area such as Coop City should have a full time route either to new rochelle or yonkers. The #55 being extended under the great plan by B35 makes the most sense.

A former Bee line exec like Dadbo can explain but Bee Line officals should consider the Northern Bronx as a primary coverage area as westchester itself. While Westchester County is their primary market for customers, IMO an area such as Coop City should have a full time route either to new rochelle or yonkers. The #55 being extended under the great plan by B35 makes the most sense.

Since the North Bronx is being discussed...

Extending the off peak 40 buses to 241 St would also be a good idea since it is the best way to/from White Plains outside of rush hours (41 is the best during rush hours).

Co Op City once had the 93 to Playland (which also served Pelham Bay)

In case you've been living under a rock lol, the BL-55 runs between Cross County Shopping Center in Yonkers and the Dyre Av Station in the Bronx. I've been hearing for awhile that the route should be extended to Co-Op City. If you had the sufficient funds, would it serve all of Co-Op or certain sections? Let's keep this discussion sane please

Archived