Bee Line, Ct. Transit and Northern suburbs bus proposal thread

GreatOne2k

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only way I see it happening nowadays (Astorino's been cutting more service from Bee-Line than adding - half the loop routes in White Plains, routes 76 and 92, half of the 4C's service are all gone) is if the MTA assumed control of Bee-Line. They would probably cut the Bx30 while extending the BL-55.

That's the problem. Co-op doesn't have direct service to Westchester. Depending on the section that you're in, you need 2 buses sometimes 3.

I thought I saw somewhere, that the 45 went through Co-Op Years back, can't remember. Is there demand for Co-op / Westchester access? Nearby routes are the 45/52/60/61/62X, requiring some walk and/or bus access.

Only way I see it happening nowadays (Astorino's been cutting more service from Bee-Line than adding - half the loop routes in White Plains, routes 76 and 92, half of the 4C's service are all gone) is if the MTA assumed control of Bee-Line. They would probably cut the Bx30 while extending the BL-55.

Cutting the Bx30 won't be good, because there are riders who will lose direct access for Gun Hill and Norwood. There are plenty of folks who rely on the Bx30. Bee-Line could send some 55s, maybe run them down Baychester Avenue and end at Bay Plaza.

The 93 went from Pelham Bay through Co Op City to get to Playland, never heard of the 45 going through Co Op City before.

The 45 orginally did go through CO-OP City, but Never stopped there. Check and old bronx map from like 2010 and you'll se its travel pattern. As for the 55 I'll see the routing

Interesting. What would their respective routings be?

The 93 went from Pelham Bay through Co Op City to get to Playland, never heard of the 45 going through Co Op City before.

The 45 went through Co-Op city before, I think until 2011. If you see an old map you'll see how the original path was. Funny thing is that the 45 never stopped in Co-Op City, hence the change in 2011.

As for the 55, I guess it would take a different routing then the 30, if that's even possible

just extend 55 there to bay plaza. The 52 &43 (via reroute) can go to bay plaza for co-op city. 55 maybe serve sections there or transfer at the hub. Heck I would even go as far as say reroute 62 to originate from co-op city as more ppl get on and off at new rochelle anyway express to white plains would benefit co-op city more than boston rd. Heck co-op may give an excuse to make 62 a full time.

just extend 55 there to bay plaza. The 52 &43 (via reroute) can go to bay plaza for co-op city. 55 maybe serve sections there or transfer at the hub. Heck I would even go as far as say reroute 62 to originate from co-op city as more ppl get on and off at new rochelle anyway express to white plains would benefit co-op city more than boston rd. Heck co-op may give an excuse to make 62 a full time.

1. Thats what I had in mind, via 1-2-3-4.

2. I would leave the 43 alone, the 52 should be extend via Section One only

3 .Nah, the 62 is a very dependent route for those businesses along I-287. I'd leave that alone

OK Now. I'm going to say this

You know how annoying you sound lately for bringing up STUPID Idea's that most of them (or all) Doesn't make sense and you wonder why people have no RESPECT for you and want to leave the site. How the hell you're going to reroute and have the 62 end/originate from Co-Op City. Does that make sense? The 62 is crowded as the 60 and it will pissed passengers off. Oh yeah I've forgot you've only ridden that route a few times liked you said in the chat. There's alot of other things you have said but won't bring it up.

I suggest instead of rushing making these bullshit idea's and acting like Mr.Know It All, you need to be schooled alot more about it and study for another 3-4 years about these stuff. Oh and btw, I don't believe your story on how the MTA Manager or headquarters loves your idea's so much but yet they're all stupid. SMH. You're lucky I'm in a good mood right now. Don't expect a reply calm like this again.

You know how annoying you sound lately for bringing up STUPID Idea's that most of them (or all) Doesn't make sense and you wonder why people have no RESPECT for you and want to leave the site. How the hell you're going to reroute and have the 62 end/originate from Co-Op City. Does that make sense? The 62 is crowded as the 60 and it will pissed passengers off. Oh yeah I've forgot you've only ridden that route a few times liked you said in the chat. There's alot of other things you have said but won't bring it up.

I suggest instead of rushing making these bullshit idea's and acting like Mr.Know It All, you need to be schooled alot more about it and study for another 3-4 years about these stuff. Oh and btw, I don't believe your story on how the MTA Manager or headquarters loves your idea's so much but yet they're all stupid. SMH. You're lucky I'm in a good mood right now. Don't expect a reply calm like this again.

It was NJ executive BTW

Ohh you really are daniel the cool for a reason. Ok you got my attention I was off base with 62 but I meant add additional trips that would do that sorry for the confusion. You are right on one thing the MTA manager was NOT the one I got info from. Like Q23 said it was the NJT executive. I was able to get ridership data on almost any line I asked. So I kept silent on my full proposal as I was perfecting it for a year. But If I said it all at once it would be very long. I don't really keep to one neighborhood. I link things. In order to make sense of some of what I say you need to look at another region and see the major transit lines. Ex off topic:N80 via LIE to great neck for flushing doesn't look at just LI it also is indirectly related to a stepping stone for another change involving queens but to make it easier to get to employment at LI medical thus a crosstown for it to mineola is made.

What does the 43 have to do with this? The 43 is MEANT only as Express Service for those going to/from Westchester Medical Center & College from Mount Vernon and Northern Bronx. It only runs AM North and PM South Rush hours.

For the 62 heading to Co-Op, while it would be nice to offer an alternative routing to White Plains via the Eastern portion of the Bronx, there is no need at this point, its all about making a connection with one line to another, which never hurts.

Also again, the 62 is an Express just like the 43, AM to the Plains, PM to the Bronx, it is meant to give Bronx Riders access to/from East White Plains and Downtown White Plains. 60 is an alternative.

Bro no disrespect, but please keep this argument out of here. Especially since you don't know much about these routes...

Have you ever been on the 60/62? And i dont mean once or twice a year, i mean a lot of times.

FYI, the 62 does not get extremely crowded, there is still room for standees. Even tho the seats may be filled. The 60 gets the punch for crowd at certain times.

In case you've been living under a rock lol, the BL-55 runs between Cross County Shopping Center in Yonkers and the Dyre Av Station in the Bronx. I've been hearing for awhile that the route should be extended to Co-Op City.

If you had the sufficient funds, would it serve all of Co-Op or certain sections? Let's keep this discussion sane please

IMO, the 55 serving all of co-op would be overkill.....

Shortline had an idea of sending (terminating) it to bay plaza... I think that's pretty much all it needs to do; wouldn't have to directly serve any of the loops (asch, erskine, dreiser, etc.)... I made a reply to him stating how I'd route the thing in another thread.....

The thing about it, is that having the 55 run to co-op city also addresses a problem w/ getting to the (5) from there... note the amt. of ppl walking from boston rd coming off the bx30 for the (5) itself or the BL-55 itself for westchester county.... This is why you've been hearing about such an extension for quite some time now......

there's been other ideas such as sending the bx23 to dyre av (5), but that only addresses half of what I just explained above.....

The 45 orginally did go through CO-OP City, but Never stopped there. Check and old bronx map from like 2010 and you'll se its travel pattern.

The 45 went through Co-Op city before, I think until 2011. If you see an old map you'll see how the original path was. Funny thing is that the 45 never stopped in Co-Op City, hence the change in 2011.

2005 Westchester map shows the Hutchinson River Parkway routing on the 45 through Co Op City. The 2009 map shows the routing through the park.

The Bronx Bus map has been outdated since at least 2007/2008 since I went through the park with the Bx29 when I took the 45 around that time. The 45 even added a stop at Shore Road & City Island Road.

What does the 43 have to do with this? The 43 is MEANT only as Express Service for those going to/from Westchester Medical Center & College from Mount Vernon and Northern Bronx. It only runs AM North and PM South Rush hours.

For the 62 heading to Co-Op, while it would be nice to offer an alternative routing to White Plains via the Eastern portion of the Bronx, there is no need at this point, its all about making a connection with one line to another, which never hurts.

Also again, the 62 is an Express just like the 43, AM to the Plains, PM to the Bronx, it is meant to give Bronx Riders access to/from East White Plains and Downtown White Plains. 60 is an alternative.

Bro no disrespect, but please keep this argument out of here. Especially since you don't know much about these routes...

Have you ever been on the 60/62? And i dont mean once or twice a year, i mean a lot of times.

FYI, the 62 does not get extremely crowded, there is still room for standees. Even tho the seats may be filled. The 60 gets the punch for crowd at certain times.

actually I take these routes coming from school.

actually I take these routes coming from school.

You mentioned before you used Metro-North.... But regardless lets keep it clean.

2005 Westchester map shows the Hutchinson River Parkway routing on the 45 through Co Op City. The 2009 map shows the routing through the park.

The Bronx Bus map has been outdated since at least 2007/2008 since I went through the park with the Bx29 when I took the 45 around that time. The 45 even added a stop at Shore Road & City Island Road.

Westchester (or if not the map developer) is too slow to update its map. They still have the 2011 map, which needs to be modified.

You mentioned before you used Metro-North.... But regardless lets keep it clean.

Westchester (or if not the map developer) is too slow to update its map. They still have the 2011 map, which needs to be modified.

I've done Beeline before doing Metro North. I still take Beeline sometimes if I'm trying to save money or if the Metro North is jammed. I've ridden the Beeline since 2009 and the 60-62 routes are packed (Even from the Bronx)

62 is more crowded between the Platinum Mile and New Rochelle. I have seen 2 people standing up on the i-95 stretch, though there were a few seats left. Bee Line's loading guidelines for rush hours is 20% standees.

62 is only an express from New Rochelle to the Platinum Mile, it is open door in the Bronx (Boston Road only)

62 is more crowded between the Platinum Mile and New Rochelle. I have seen 2 people standing up on the i-95 stretch, though there were a few seats left. Bee Line's loading guidelines for rush hours is 20% standees.

62 is only an express from New Rochelle to the Platinum Mile, it is open door in the Bronx (Boston Road only)

This fact alone led me to believe serving bay plaza would work to stimulate ridership maybe justify full time service.

Archived