Bee Line, Ct. Transit and Northern suburbs bus proposal thread

GreatOne2k

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the 55 were to be sent to Co-Op, just send it down Bay Chester Avenue and end it at Bay Plaza. No need for sooooooooooooooooo many buses running up and down Co-op City Blvd and area. The primary purpose of Bee-Line is to ALLOW Westchester Customers have access to the City, with also allowing the Bronx and outsiders come up. But mainly those going going down from the county.

62 is more crowded between the Platinum Mile and New Rochelle. I have seen 2 people standing up on the i-95 stretch, though there were a few seats left. Bee Line's loading guidelines for rush hours is 20% standees.

62 is only an express from New Rochelle to the Platinum Mile, it is open door in the Bronx (Boston Road only)

Open doors both direction right?

Not anymore it isn't..... it's been merged.... lol

DAMN YOU!! I was gonna say that LMFAO. Thanks to the argument started above *Rolls Eyes*

The Bee Line loading guidelines are:

Rush Hour: 20% standees over 10 minutes with no recycled seats

Off Peak: No standees

List of all open door routes in the Bronx

45,54,60,61,62 (last 3 open door in both directions on Boston Road only)

62 (at least in the PM) is less crowded in the Bronx because it is usually several minutes behind a 60 bus. The 60 usually has the longest wait in the PM before a bus shows up, that is why it is usually going to be more crowded than the 61 or 62 (delays could easily change the order)

Example PM rush at Dyre Avenue going S/B

60- 3:57

61- 4:13

60- 4:28

61- 4:41

60- 4:58

62- 5:07

61- 5:16

60- 5:32

62- 5:37

61- 5:43

60- 6:02

62- 6:07

61- 6:12

60- 6:30

61- 6:32

61- 6:54

60- 6:59

The 45 needs to go back to Co-Op City and serve section 5. Either extended the 55 to Pelham Bay via 1-2-3-4.

The only thing the 45 did in Co Op City was speed by on the Hutchinson River Parkway itself, didn't even travel on any local streets. The 45 now is better off having that extra stop at Shore Road & City Island Road in Pelham Bay Park, no way would the 45 be open door in Co Op City.

Here's how I would do it:

52: Serves Section One and Section 4 Only

55: Serves Sections 2, 3, and 4.

45: Serves Section 5

Orginates at Pelham Bay towards Eastchester, and Terminate at Section 5 from Eastchester. When the 45 terminates at Section 5 coming from Eastchester, Westchester (Yes I said it correctly) It will deadhead to Pelham Bay via Bartow Avenue, then turn onto Edison Avenue which merges with Gun Hill Road, then get onto entrance 10 ,and get off at exit 11 and gets to Pelham Bay.When it orginate at Pelham Bay, then it goes onto the expressway, then get off the expressway to Section 5, loop around the Einstein Loop then get back on the expressway.

Here's how I would do it:

52: Serves Section One and Section 4 Only

55: Serves Sections 2, 3, and 4.

45: Serves Section 5

Orginates at Pelham Bay towards Eastchester, and Terminate at Section 5 from Eastchester. When the 45 terminates at Section 5 coming from Eastchester, Westchester (Yes I said it correctly) It will deadhead to Pelham Bay via Bartow Avenue, then turn onto Edison Avenue which merges with Gun Hill Road, then get onto entrance 10 ,and get off at exit 11 and gets to Pelham Bay.When it orginate at Pelham Bay, then it goes onto the expressway, then get off the expressway to Section 5, loop around the Einstein Loop then get back on the expressway.

you're starting to get like QJT......

DAMN YOU!! I was gonna say that LMFAO. Thanks to the argument started above *Rolls Eyes*
Well I kinda knew it was gonna happen lol

I don't know why that argument started in the first place....

(I) tried to get Q43's original thread back on topic with [post #117], but to no avail....

you're starting to get like QJT....

About the 45, it may look like an expressway idea, but that expressway is the regular route. To make it simple towards Westchester the 45 would get off the expressway, make stops on section, and get back on to it's regular route and on the opposite direction just loop at Pelham Bay Park and go to section 5.(I may have said Expressway too much)

About the 45, it may look like an expressway idea, but that expressway is the regular route. To make it simple towards Westchester the 45 would get off the expressway, make stops on section, and get back on to it's regular route and on the opposite direction just loop at Pelham Bay Park and go to section 5.(I may have said Expressway too much)

That's not what I was referring to.....

You don't need the 45, 52, and the 55 all going to co-op; having them serve different sections makes it even worse.....

That's not what I was referring to.....

You don't need the 45, 52, and the 55 all going to co-op; having them serve different sections makes it even worse.....

Oh okay then I'll just make the 45 just skip section 5 and let the 52 and 55 continue to serve Co-Op city is follows

52: Section 1 and Bay Plaza

55: Section 2,3,4 (Will not serve Asch Loop directly) and Bay Plaza

Technically the 52 and 55 are not very apart from each other, which is why the 52 goes via Section1 and the 55 all other sections (except for 5).

62 is more crowded between the Platinum Mile and New Rochelle. I have seen 2 people standing up on the i-95 stretch, though there were a few seats left. Bee Line's loading guidelines for rush hours is 20% standees.

62 is only an express from New Rochelle to the Platinum Mile, it is open door in the Bronx (Boston Road only)

Some facts:

- While the 62 pk loa isbetween Harrison and New Rochelle, it seres more passeners betwen New Rohelle and Fordham.

- While the Bee-Line load fator is, ineed, 20%, on express routes that operate onlimited access highways, the load factor is 0%

Oh okay then I'll just make the 45 just skip section 5 and let the 52 and 55 continue to serve Co-Op city is follows

52: Section 1 and Bay Plaza

55: Section 2,3,4 (Will not serve Asch Loop directly) and Bay Plaza

Technically the 52 and 55 are not very apart from each other, which is why the 52 goes via Section1 and the 55 all other sections (except for 5).

45 however no need just time it better with BX23 and Q50 too much out of the way for 45 not the case with 55 and 52 though.

The 45 wouldn't be able to stop at Shore Road & City Island Road if it went back to the expressway route, the 45 is better the way it is now.

To be honest, the 55 is a joke at times and has bigger problems to worry about.

5 Express service begins at 3:30 and doesn't reach Dyre Ave until 4:45.

Half-Hour 55 service continues until 5:30. Headways hit 45 minutes by 6:15.

And unfortunately, outside the 4 and 20 routes, that's the same story for all other Subway connection routes.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my Proposals: Extend the 12 to Jefferson Valley Mall again and/or a rush hour addition to Caramel Park-n-Ride.

Reason: We can all agree on this: The route is bastardized, even worse than the M98. I'll eventually show a map to an extention. At this point the 12 would have been done with, only reason it survives is because the Air-Link was discontinued.

One of my Proposals: Extend the 12 to Jefferson Valley Mall again and/or a rush hour addition to Caramel Park-n-Ride.

Reason: We can all agree on this: The route is bastardized, even worse than the M98. I'll eventually show a map to an extention. At this point the 12 would have been done with, only reason it survives is because the Air-Link was discontinued.

M98 is friggin useless now as (4) and bx crosstowns are faster. Back to beeline restoring airlink via 21 extension and full time service would allow 12 to give up on white plains. Ohh 12 service was bihourly you know which did not help. 12 to rye via 76's former routing peak trips to mnrr and direct service to business parks.Then airport armonk to former route or 684 to kantonah then business parks there like pepsi then rte 35 to peekskill via cortlandt town center after am rush or off peak Let 15 have jefferson valley minus pleasantville as 43 gets full time and replaces that part of 15 then to ossining via 19's routing. It can do other things but later I am strting to not care

M98 is friggin useless now as (4) and bx crosstowns are faster. Back to beeline restoring airlink via 21 extension and full time service would allow 12 to give up on white plains. Ohh 12 service was bihourly you know which did not help. 12 to rye via 76's former routing peak trips to mnrr and direct service to business parks.Then airport armonk to former route or 684 to kantonah then business parks there like pepsi then rte 35 to peekskill via cortlandt town center after am rush or off peak Let 15 have jefferson valley minus pleasantville as 43 gets full time and replaces that part of 15 then to ossining via 19's routing. It can do other things but later I am strting to not care

12 to Rye. I dont know, A majority of Armonk people are comfortable with taking the white plains train to NY. Besides you would have to time it at rye and stuff and blah, blah, blah. IMO an extention to Jefferson Valley Would help, even if its weekdays only.

Here's My Plan:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?authuser=0&vps=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=19&msid=204750700533050976010.0004c9b23bd5f4bd4abb9

Overall, the 12 is extended to The Jefferson Valley Mall. For now I would do during all times. I dont know how the original pattern was anyways, but I'll say that. I know the length and time of the expanded 12 will double, but I have a feeling that it should contnue to serve jefferson valley mall because IMO there were more riders using the 12 there, since it had a quicker route then the 14/15 (Which include a transfer to the 16). Now that the 12 is bascially a college/airport route serving as well the village of Armonk, it's not seeing any real ridership. Now everyone hops on to a two fare ride with the 14/15 to the 16. SMH.

QJ with his masterplans again for sending the #12 to/from Rye.,For someone who never riden the #12 this is what he looks like after his transit plans. Just restore weekday only service to #12 (weekends to the county airport)and call it a day.

**Very descriptive Picture**

doesnt it already do that though?

Back to beeline restoring airlink via 21 extension and full time service would allow 12 to give up on white plains.

Ohh 12 service was bihourly you know which did not help. 12 to rye via 76's former routing peak trips to mnrr and direct service to business parks.Then airport armonk to former route or 684 to kantonah then business parks there like pepsi then rte 35 to peekskill via cortlandt town center after am rush or off peak Let 15 have jefferson valley minus pleasantville as 43 gets full time and replaces that part of 15 then to ossining via 19's routing. It can do other things but later I am strting to not care

Extending the 21LTD to Armonk so that the 12 can go to Rye instead of White Plains? Don't know what you're thinking here.....

How many people do you really think would benefit from a route going between Peekskill & Rye?? That itself has fail written all over it.

Here's My Plan:

https://maps.google....b23bd5f4bd4abb9

Overall, the 12 is extended to The Jefferson Valley Mall. For now I would do during all times. I dont know how the original pattern was anyways, but I'll say that. I know the length and time of the expanded 12 will double, but I have a feeling that it should contnue to serve jefferson valley mall because IMO there were more riders using the 12 there, since it had a quicker route then the 14/15 (Which include a transfer to the 16). Now that the 12 is bascially a college/airport route serving as well the village of Armonk, it's not seeing any real ridership. Now everyone hops on to a two fare ride with the 14/15 to the 16. SMH.

Yeh, they most certainly bastardized the route to save money......

I agree with sending some 12 service to Jefferson Valley Mall - I don't agree with how you want to do it though.....

May as well revert the old routing IMO.....

Pushing it further east towards Shenorock & Lincolndale definitely won't garner anymore usage than the old 12 routing to JVM through Yorktown Hgts..... Looking at your map, If the idea is to try to limit the amt. of ppl. that used to xfer to the 16 off the old 12, that's great - but most the riders x-fer'd to peekskill bound 16's, not Somers commons & Mahopac bound 16's.....

12 to Rye. I dont know, A majority of Armonk people are comfortable with taking the white plains train to NY. Besides you would have to time it at rye and stuff and blah, blah, blah. IMO an extention to Jefferson Valley Would help, even if its weekdays only.

I shall translate into easy to understand terms. My new routing takes people in rye to new haven line MNRR at peak AND to work sites along purchase street not including armonk. 21 to airport so 12 to peekskill via 684 & 35 the 15 gets old 12 route from yorktown onwards for peekskill use new 12. Wp to peekskill will get a stronger 17 killing need to use 12 all the way as well as 15. I will be back fully translated.

Extending the 21LTD to Armonk so that the 12 can go to Rye instead of White Plains? Don't know what you're thinking here.....

How many people do you really think would benefit from a route going between Peekskill & Rye?? That itself has fail written all over it.

I agree with sending some 12 service to Jefferson Valley Mall - I don't agree with how you want to do it though.....

Pushing it further east towards Shenorock & Lincolndale definitely won't garner anymore usage than the old 12 routing to JVM through Yorktown Hgts..... Looking at your map, If the idea is to try to limit the amt. of ppl. that used to xfer to the 16 off the old 12, that's great - but most the riders x-fer'd to peekskill bound 16's, not Somers commons & Mahopac bound 16's.....

Well the 21 extension restores airlink rendering 12 useless to white plains. Powered up 77 will handle distant ppl going to jefferson valley and the park. I reshape routes to make some change possible.

I shall translate into easy to understand terms. My new routing takes people in rye to new haven line MNRR at peak AND to work sites along purchase street not including armonk. 21 to airport so 12 to peekskill via 684 & 35 the 15 gets old 12 route from yorktown onwards for peekskill use new 12. Wp to peekskill will get a stronger 17 killing need to use 12 all the way as well as 15. I will be back fully translated.

Well the 21 extension restores airlink rendering 12 useless to white plains. Powered up 77 will handle distant ppl going to jefferson valley and the park. I reshape routes to make some change possible.

Oh I understand what you're trying to do..... I just don't see where you think that whole thing is a plausible idea.

It's not smart to revoke service to/from White Plains like that, just to serve Rye....

Oh I understand what you're trying to do..... I just don't see where you think that whole thing is a plausible idea.

It's not smart to revoke service to/from White Plains like that, just to serve Rye....

In a sense but the reason is expecting those going to the airport to abandon 12 for faster 21 eliminating its need to go to WP as the 21 & 13 will time anyway. Those for WP will use the faster 21 replacing airlink. It makes no sense to sit through unneeded stops to get to your destination when faster lines exist. Rye is a side effect of replacing 76 and giving commuters there easier shuttle service to mnrr and mastercard and them places. Drawing connecting riders in the future maybe new ones.

However rye is not the reason for revoking WP from 12 the faster alternatives created from 21 & indirectly 77 make using 12 from wp impractical enough to justify revoking WP plus not much east you can serve other than rye. Details later remember suny' shuttle

Archived