Bee Line, Ct. Transit and Northern suburbs bus proposal thread

GreatOne2k

OMG ! Buses all over the place without purpose and, more importantly, without pasengers !

The #12 was a very, very weak route. Prior to making the cut, I analyzed ridership north of Armonk. It showed .5 passengers per mile. Can't support a route that weak. With the exception of downtown Mt. Kisco, population density along the route is very low especially in the reservoir area.

BTW - How many passengers do you expect to pick up along I-684 and Rt. 35 ? Every minute costs $$. When I retired, the cost was a bit over $ 2.00 per minute.

The mission of the #21 is to provide added seats, with a somewhat faster trip, along the CPA corridor, not ying-yang itself to the airport.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG ! Buses all over the place without purpose and, more importantly, without pasengers !

The #12 was a very, very weak route. Prior to making the cut, I analyzed ridership north of Armonk. It showed .5 passengers per mile. Can't support a route that weak. With the exception of downtown Mt. Kisco, population density along the route is very low especially in the reservoir area.

BTW - How many passengers do you expect to pick up along I-684 and Rt. 35 ? Every minute costs $$. When I retired, the cost was a bit over $ 2.00 per minute.

The mission of the #21 is to provide added seats, with a somewhat faster trip, along the CPA corridor, not ying-yang itself to the airport.

Dadbo dont worry QJ loves to makes these out of this world suggestions. :D IMO even with low ridership, at very least during rush hours it could ran to Yorktown Heights for connection to/from the #15.

Dadbo dont worry QJ loves to makes these out of this world suggestions. :D IMO even with low ridership, at very least during rush hours it could ran to Yorktown Heights for connection to/from the #15.

Maybe we should extend the 12 non stop to Mount Kisco R.R and then have it serve the mall rush hours like you said

The 12 also has SUNY Purchase College and Manhattanville College. Until recently, that was the main purpose of the 12 running on Sundays.

Anyone think that the 40 should get its Westchester Community College Sunday service back, running time seems the same on the schedules.

How much does this cut really save?

The 12 also has SUNY Purchase College and Manhattanville College. Until recently, that was the main purpose of the 12 running on Sundays.

Anyone think that the 40 should get its Westchester Community College Sunday service back, running time seems the same on the schedules.

And #12 ridership on weekends tanking since for last couple of years SUNY Purchase has their own shuttle bus between White Plains and the campus. I also read it runs at least until 12 Midnight-1am on Friday/Sat. Nights(for those students going to bars/resturants) when school is open for Fall/Spring Semsters.

IMO #12 should just stop on the front door on weekends and bypass stopping inside SUNY Purchase. Instead focus on the de facto County Airport-White Plains bus route.

There are no actoivities at the college on Sunday. Consulted with WCC on that. The only ridership on Sunday came from the WESTHELP housing and that cloised about a year ago.

There are no actoivities at the college on Sunday. Consulted with WCC on that. The only ridership on Sunday came from the WESTHELP housing and that cloised about a year ago.

Does WCC have a shuttle bus/van to go to white plains like SUNY Purchase Dabo? Also should the #12 continue to serve the Purchase campus since they now have a full time free 7-day shuttle bus to/from White Plains when school is open.

Ok I will state the true purpose of that 12 I stated 1) of those purposes take residents in that area to MEET MNRR trains todeal with parking issues 2) serve as a direct commuter taking people to their jobs at places like mastercard and by armonk business parks 3) people on the eastern side can link at rye mnrr for direct FAST airport access 4) business parks like pepsi and links with MNRR katonah in reverse commuters to business parks connections to the ridgefield bus. 5) swap routes with 15 15 to JV instead. Also more links at peeskill.

Ok I will state the true purpose of that 12 I stated 1) of those purposes take residents in that area to MEET MNRR trains todeal with parking issues 2) serve as a direct commuter taking people to their jobs at places like mastercard and by armonk business parks 3) people on the eastern side can link at rye mnrr for direct FAST airport access 4) business parks like pepsi and links with MNRR katonah in reverse commuters to business parks connections to the ridgefield bus. 5) swap routes with 15 15 to JV instead. Also more links at peeskill.

15 is a long ass route already. The 12 is faster. I still wouldn't make it serve Rye. I would extend to to Mount Kisco all trips and Jefferson Valley during weekdays.

15 is a long ass route already. The 12 is faster. I still wouldn't make it serve Rye. I would extend to to Mount Kisco all trips and Jefferson Valley during weekdays.

wrong eliminating pleasantville from 15 and giving it to the 43 takes 30 minutes off of the route thus speeding up the line enough to justify it. Heck it is now short enough to just go from westchester medical and merge with 1X or 78 via I -87 or sprain brook but that may be overkill a bit. Plus this kills 12's redundancy to airlink's restoration via merger with 21 or reroute of some 5 WP trips to go an extra 10 mins to the airport allowing select runs to mt kisco thus killing off your logic dead. I can only say so much in one post though so pretend you live in westchester and you do not feel like driving how can BL be reasonabke travel time wise? Answer that then you will understand this eliminates competition with SUNY's shuttle and gets people to there from other areas the shuttle does not run.

Q23, you're completely missing the point of these routes. The 21, 41, 43, 62 are routes to directly alleviate rush hour volume on its parent routes, with exception of the 3 who services spur east of White Plains. You're ideas would force these routes to run full time to serve areas not as densely populated. Service improvements are more needed south of White Plains.

Q23, you're completely missing the point of these routes. The 21, 41, 43, 62 are routes to directly alleviate rush hour volume on its parent routes, with exception of the 3 who services spur east of White Plains. You're ideas would force these routes to run full time to serve areas not as densely populated. Service improvements are more needed south of White Plains.

I didn't mention changes to those routes. QJ talked about them.

• 2 weeks later...

Although there is no exact routing, I plan for a route between Poughkeepsie/Beacon to Southeast Be made

You better off making use (been proposed before)of that MNRR beacon-danbury line which is currently not in customer service. Or more Dutchess County Loop service between Dover/Wassaic and Poughkeepsie via Loop "E" and transfer to the Wassic branch.

You better off making use (been proposed before)of that MNRR beacon-danbury line which is currently not in customer service. Or more Dutchess County Loop service between Dover/Wassaic and Poughkeepsie via Loop "E" and transfer to the Wassic branch.

True I was thinking the same thing to be honest however a bus to beacon from southeast is not gonna work so you are right.

I think the 2:45 13 heading towards Downtown Albany, should leave at 2:30, seeing how the 43 runs at the exact same time the 2:45 13, and it makes all 13 stops after Holy Names, so that the majority of the route can see service every 15 minutes a half hour earlier.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

C Tran (Elmira) recently split the 20 into two routes

20: Elmira To Corning via Arnot Mall and Elmira-Corning Regional Airport and...

20E (Couldn't they just name it the 21): DeMitts Candy Factory and Elmira, operating one am and PM trip as well as one late evening trip. These 3 round trips bypass the Elmira Airport and the Arnot Mall, operating via Interstate 86 after Grand Central Plaza in Horseheads.

Can anyone possibly evaluate on this service change

• 1 month later...

I think there should be a direct route between Plainville & Cheshire via Southington. It would give people in Plainville easier access to Waterbury & New Haven via a transfer to the "J" bus. (It could be extended to Bristol as well, to serve the residents there)

The C5 can also be extended from Meriden to Southington via Route 120, and the 25 could be extended from Wolcott to Southington via Marion Avenue. (If all 3 new routes are overkill, maybe the 25 could be extended to Plainville, and act as a partial replacement for the Plainville-Cheshire route, or the C5 could be left as is).  

I think there should be a direct route between Plainville & Cheshire via Southington. It would give people in Plainville easier access to Waterbury & New Haven via a transfer to the "J" bus. (It could be extended to Bristol as well, to serve the residents there)

The C5 can also be extended from Meriden to Southington via Route 120, and the 25 could be extended from Wolcott to Southington via Marion Avenue. (If all 3 new routes are overkill, maybe the 25 could be extended to Plainville, and act as a partial replacement for the Plainville-Cheshire route, or the C5 could be left as is).  

Map it out man.

Here we go.....

For the 25, it has a couple of part-time diversions/branches that I didn't show. With the C5, I'm thought it went all the way out to Research Parkway, but now it looks like it's split at the Meriden RR station (with the C6 covering the eastern part). I'm still not sure how those number suffixes work....

Within Southington, obviously my primary purpose was serving the downtown area. Those extensions to the residential portions were more of a "while we're at it" sort of deal. The western part of Southington looks dense enough to support some sort of bus service. The eastern part only looks dense enough up to around Plum Orchard Road or so, but it looks like there's some kind of apartment complex in the area I decided to terminate it in. If it's some kind of exclusive club, then it would just terminate by Main & Berlin, using either Vermont Avenue/Terrace or Berlin/Oakland to turn around.

Archived