Bee Line, Ct. Transit and Northern suburbs bus proposal thread

GreatOne2k

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my defense, what was I gonna do taking a bus that terminates at an airport then back if I was visiting folks in that area?

You do realize I crushed your argument earlier about the bl12. I won't go back there if I were you.

Hold on, what argument was he presenting?

(serious question)

He just said he saw a certain amt. of ppl on the route....

Lets end it here buddy.

LMGDAO !..... Talk about unaccountability for your words & actions :lol:

Anyways can you tell me how fast bee line buses go on the highway in service?

What kind of vague question is this... You just posed this to try to divert from what I was asking you....

LMGDAO !..... Talk about unaccountability for your words & actions :lol:

What kind of vague question is this... You just posed this to try to divert from what I was asking you....

ROFLMFAO! Anyway...

Lets end it here buddy. Anyways can you tell me how fast bee line buses go on the highway in service?

Unlike the MTA's fleet, Westchester's isn't as regulated. A standard Orion V can usually reach a range around 65-70 and keep that speed constant. It really all depends on traffic conditions though, especially on the BxM4C.

Hold on, what argument was he presenting?

(serious question)

He just said he saw a certain amt. of ppl on the route....

Yeah, I would like to know that too.

ROFLMFAO! Anyway...

Unlike the MTA's fleet, Westchester's isn't as regulated. A standard Orion V can usually reach a range around 65-70 and keep that speed constant. It really all depends on traffic conditions though, especially on the BxM4C.

Also, most routes go outside of city and town limits (almost every route in the northern section does that), with its small 1 lanes roads and everything.

After all, its bee-line for a reason.

Yeah, I would like to know that too.

Also, most routes go outside of city and town limits (almost every route in the northern section does that), with its small 1 lanes roads and everything.

Got to love the suburbs. Get a bit of everything.

ROFLMFAO! Anyway...

Unlike the MTA's fleet, Westchester's isn't as regulated. A standard Orion V can usually reach a range around 65-70 and keep that speed constant.

It really all depends on traffic conditions though, especially on the BxM4C.

Knowing this guy & his love for SPEEED (lol), I'm quite sure he knows the answer to that disingenuous question he asked....

Yep, and those roads be empty as hell for the most part, so buses can get away w/ doing that.....

as far as route fanning goes, IMO, Bee Line > TOR = SCT (only b/c rockland county only has but so many routes) > LIB/NICE

I've always said this... Bee line is, is what LIB could never hope to become.....

Got to love the suburbs. Get a bit of everything.

Aint that the truth.... It came to a point & time in all my yrs of fanning where I just got flat out bored w/ riding w/i the boroughs, and ventured out to areas where quite frankly, there isn't a bus stop every 2-3 blocks, block spacing is way more than the 300 feet or w/e, and there aren't traffic lights on dam near every street corner with that 300 ft distance..... Get more of a non-stop portion b/w bus stops & what not.... Plus, if you're a nature lover or w/e, there's always the scenic views....

...As "scenic" would NOT be an adjective for the views that are here in E. Flatbush !

LMAO

Knowing this guy & his love for SPEEED (lol), I'm quite sure he knows the answer to that disingenuous question he asked....

I was bored and needed entertainment last night.  After all most of this site is for entertainment purposes.

Aint that the truth.... It came to a point & time in all my yrs of fanning where I just got flat out bored w/ riding w/i the boroughs, and ventured out to areas where quite frankly, there isn't a bus stop every 2-3 blocks, block spacing is way more than the 300 feet or w/e, and there aren't traffic lights on dam near every street corner with that 300 ft distance..... Get more of a non-stop portion b/w bus stops & what not.... Plus, if you're a nature lover or w/e, there's always the scenic views....

...As "scenic" would NOT be an adjective for the views that are here in E. Flatbush !

LMAO

I'm in a Cali suburb now, so it's the reverse here. I tend to venture into the urban areas to do some actual fanning (LA, SD, OC). Interesting how we can get bored of our environment like that.

By the way, I'm more of the type to apply scenic to an urban epicenter. Landscape and other shit is too damn boring to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I was bored and needed entertainment last night.  After all most of this site is for entertainment purposes.

I'm in a Cali suburb now, so it's the reverse here. I tend to venture into the urban areas to do some actual fanning (LA, SD, OC). Interesting how we can get bored of our environment like that.

By the way, I'm more of the type to apply scenic to an urban epicenter. Landscape and other shit is too damn boring to me.

My opposite huh I see. I take secret shopping as an excuse to go fanning different bus lines. One day I did SEPTA & TOR as in started in Philly then ended my trip in Westchester county after using Rockland county buses which by the way are just excellent and a joy to use but so poorly marketed if people only knew how good their bus system is in Rockland unlike Suffolk which is complete shit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The BxM4C serves people whom commute to work on a Mon-Fri basis. Additionally, customers use this service in lieu of their own cars to travel into the city.

Lastly, service north of Yonkers doesn't warrant a super-express service. With the newer 21, service south of Cross County is very frequent 7-days a week--I'm pressed to say it's comparable to MTA styled service.

On a personal note, I feel if you're going to run service, you should do it all or nothing. Who wants to wait 90 minutes for a bus? 3 20's would come and go in that amount of time.

Okay, so why not this

BxM4C:

One New Manhattan bound trip would leave at 2:00 PM from Harding Avenue

Three New White Plains Trips would leave at 10:00 AM, 3:00 PM, and 9:15 PM

Here's the interlining stuff I decided to do for the BxM4C (it interlines with the 52, which I know is not an express route, but it's a way to have 6+ hours more on a 4C run rather than deadhead to the depot and having a crap load of swing time)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IGtZzYBP98vMOvE74tY5msm6MIytitRoAq2ycPhDzUc/edit?usp=sharing

Note that I put the run number there just to identify how many runs, not what specific run it would or would not be.

Also, saturdays, it would have 3 runs

First Bus would leave Harding Avenue at 8:30 AM, and each would do 3 round trips, the last bus to Manhattan at 4:30 PM, and to White Plains at 6:00 PM. 

You are right good for bee line bus I feel sorry for those workers' wallets if they knew MNRR was cheaper the 4c would not be with us today good deception beeline.

I'm not sure why I just saw this post, but...

In the lower portions of Westchester, Yes, the BxM4C is more expensive initially. If you were to compare commute patterns, it would show that both BxM4C and Metro-North are about the same in the long run. The BxM4C is meant to be a Home-To-Office deal, with multiple stops in Manhattan to exclude the need for a Subway connection.

Metro-North only has two passenger stations in Manhattan, of which commuters are mostly required to make a Subway transfer to end their commute. 

Okay, so why not this

BxM4C:

One New Manhattan bound trip would leave at 2:00 PM from Harding Avenue

Three New White Plains Trips would leave at 10:00 AM, 3:00 PM, and 9:15 PM

Here's the interlining stuff I decided to do for the BxM4C (it interlines with the 52, which I know is not an express route, but it's a way to have 6+ hours more on a 4C run rather than deadhead to the depot and having a crap load of swing time)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IGtZzYBP98vMOvE74tY5msm6MIytitRoAq2ycPhDzUc/edit?usp=sharing

Note that I put the run number there just to identify how many runs, not what specific run it would or would not be.

Also, saturdays, it would have 3 runs

First Bus would leave Harding Avenue at 8:30 AM, and each would do 3 round trips, the last bus to Manhattan at 4:30 PM, and to White Plains at 6:00 PM. 

There is literally no need for any BxM4c's on a Saturdays. The 21 short-turn at Cross County weekend long.

This is an interesting concept, if there was a severe need for Service along the Central Ave corridor. There are many other routes that need better service.

Take for example, the 40 is crowded until 1p.m. nearly every bus is full, and express service ends at 8a.m. Some type limited would be beneficial.

Same goes for the 13. It takes entirely too long, in my opinion, to get halfway across county in both sections.

The 62 should run a little more.

The 25/26 may need short turns at cross county.

The 7 should really go with off-board fare collections.

Maybe the 55 should serve commuters better.

These are wishes that I'm sure will never happen.

There is literally no need for any BxM4c's on a Saturdays. The 21 short-turn at Cross County weekend long.

This is an interesting concept, if there was a severe need for Service along the Central Ave corridor. There are many other routes that need better service.

Take for example, the 40 is crowded until 1p.m. nearly every bus is full, and express service ends at 8a.m. Some type limited would be beneficial.

Same goes for the 13. It takes entirely too long, in my opinion, to get halfway across county in both sections.

- yup, always thought the 55 was under-utilized...

- For the longest, I felt that current 26 trips should be combined in w/ the 25, with some of the added service to the (would-be) 25 running b/w The Bronx & Cross County via bronx river rd (26 tends to carry air north of CC mall for the most part anyway)...

- I find that the 13 b/w tarrytown & white plains is the killer; it's like all those local routes that run west of downtown white plains whilst along tarrytown rd, lag...... the 13's I've taken b/w port chester & white plains have been fairly quick for the most part....

- I know the 7 carries like mad, but No particular comment about off board fare collecting along it....

(I think bee line would opt to try such a thing out along the 20/21 first...)

- IDK about running more 62's.... If we're talking about bee line expresses south of WP, I'd suggest running more 3's over more 62's...

- I'm not sure what you're getting at, about the 40 corridor... are you saying you think there should be more 41 service?

- yup, always thought the 55 was under-utilized...

- For the longest, I felt that current 26 trips should be combined in w/ the 25, with some of the added service to the (would-be) 25 running b/w The Bronx & Cross County via bronx river rd (26 tends to carry air north of CC mall for the most part anyway)...

- I find that the 13 b/w tarrytown & white plains is the killer; it's like all those local routes that run west of downtown white plains whilst along tarrytown rd, lag...... the 13's I've taken b/w port chester & white plains have been fairly quick for the most part....

- I know the 7 carries like mad, but No particular comment about off board fare collecting along it....

(I think bee line would opt to try such a thing out along the 20/21 first...)

- IDK about running more 62's.... If we're talking about bee line expresses south of WP, I'd suggest running more 3's over more 62's...

- I'm not sure what you're getting at, about the 40 corridor... are you saying you think there should be more 41 service?

Glad you share my notion on the 55. I know it needs to revamped, but I'm always pressed to think of alternative, and I usually fail. The 52 needs to be reworked to include the pelham manor shopping area.

I know that 20/21 has been slated for the BRT thing for the longest, and I do believe it would helpful and would profit (work with lesser deficit), however I think the cross-town routes like the 7and 13 would utilize off-board collections better. The 7 and 13 stop at damn near every stop on their routes during the day.

I also feel like there is no real express along the central park corridor. The 21, in my opinion, is just as slow in upper westchester.

40 trips that start in Mount Vernon from 8am to 1pm are modestly crowded, especially when service is curtailed to 30-minute headways past 10AM.

I live by the route 22 turn, and when I'd commute to White Plains last year, I'd usually walk to the first stop at prospect to gaurantee myself a seat.

how would you speed up the 13? Cut stops between Tarrytown and white plains?

I'm not sure why I just saw this post, but...

In the lower portions of Westchester, Yes, the BxM4C is more expensive initially. If you were to compare commute patterns, it would show that both BxM4C and Metro-North are about the same in the long run. The BxM4C is meant to be a Home-To-Office deal, with multiple stops in Manhattan to exclude the need for a Subway connection.

Metro-North only has two passenger stations in Manhattan, of which commuters are mostly required to make a Subway transfer to end their commute. 

Merged metrocard/metronorth is about the same. Home to office is useless if it's always stuck in traffic.

Alright, this derails from Bee Line:

I have this proposal map for TOR

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204750700533050976010.0004ea25e354953d18a95&msa=0

This involves with the braking up of several routes, and creating two new routes (one of them however is made up from existing bus portions and new portions).

Here are the proposal as follows:

NEW Routes

27: Montevale, NJ  to Haverstraw  via Route 304

The 27 originates at the Montevale R.R Station, and would operate daily. 

On Weekdays, Service would operate the full route, from Montevale to Haverstraw. On Saturdays and Sundays, buses would operate only between Pearl River and Montevale

Runs every hour

Weekdays

From Montevale: 6:50 AM to 8:50 PM
From Haverstraw: 7:50 AM to 9:50 PM

Saturdays:

From Pearl River: 8:50 AM to 7:50 PM
From Haverstraw: 9:50 AM to 8:50 PM

Sundays:

From Pearl River: 8:50 AM to 5:50 PM
From Haverstraw: 9:50 AM to 6:50 PM

* Alternative Service would be provided between New City and Haverstraw by the 71 (See Below)

71: Suffern to Haverstraw, via CR 74 and CR 80

The 71 would originate at the Suffern R.R Station, and operate daily

Weekdays and Saturdays:

From Suffern: 6:20 AM to 7:20 PM
From Haverstraw: 7:20 AM to 8:20 PM

Sundays:

From Suffern: 9:20 AM to 5:20 PM

From Haverstraw: 10:20 AM to 6:20 PM

Existing Routes:

91: Runs on the lesser used and less frequent Haverstraw- Nyack segment of the route only, with every 3rd bus running to Tompkins Cove

Replaces the 94 from Haverstraw to Tompkins Cove (Talked about later)

Runs Every Hour, Daily

Does streamlined onto Route 59 within Nyack

61: Spring Valley to Haverstraw

Runs every 30 minutes (like the current 91 does on the Haverstraw to Spring Valley Segment) on Weekdays and Saturdays, and hourly on Sundays

All buses serve Helen Hayes Hospital

Buses do not enter New City, a transfer would have to be made to the 71 if needed.

94/95: Combined into One Route, renumbered 45.

Runs on the 94 route North of Route 202 of the route up to Haverstraw, and from Rockland Community College to Spring Valley R.R Station

Runs on the 95 from Route 202 and Route 45 to Rockland Community College

59/97: Remains the same

93: Extended to Serve the Spring Valley Transit Center, and Pearl River R.R

92: Rush Hour service renamed 82, due to the difference of both routes during off hours and peak hours. 

Service Rerouted in Pearl River/North Tappan

how would you speed up the 13? Cut stops between Tarrytown and white plains?

Merged metrocard/metronorth is about the same. Home to office is useless if it's always stuck in traffic.

how are they the same?

Alright, this derails from Bee Line:

I have this proposal map for TOR

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204750700533050976010.0004ea25e354953d18a95&msa=0

This involves with the braking up of several routes, and creating two new routes (one of them however is made up from existing bus portions and new portions).

Here are the proposal as follows:

NEW Routes

27: Montevale, NJ  to Haverstraw  via Route 304

The 27 originates at the Montevale R.R Station, and would operate daily. 

On Weekdays, Service would operate the full route, from Montevale to Haverstraw. On Saturdays and Sundays, buses would operate only between Pearl River and Montevale

Runs every hour

Weekdays

From Montevale: 6:50 AM to 8:50 PM
From Haverstraw: 7:50 AM to 9:50 PM

Saturdays:

From Pearl River: 8:50 AM to 7:50 PM
From Haverstraw: 9:50 AM to 8:50 PM

Sundays:

From Pearl River: 8:50 AM to 5:50 PM
From Haverstraw: 9:50 AM to 6:50 PM

* Alternative Service would be provided between New City and Haverstraw by the 71 (See Below)

71: Suffern to Haverstraw, via CR 74 and CR 80

The 71 would originate at the Suffern R.R Station, and operate daily

Weekdays and Saturdays:

From Suffern: 6:20 AM to 7:20 PM

From Haverstraw: 7:20 AM to 8:20 PM

Sundays:

From Suffern: 9:20 AM to 5:20 PM

From Haverstraw: 10:20 AM to 6:20 PM

Existing Routes:

91: Runs on the lesser used and less frequent Haverstraw- Nyack segment of the route only, with every 3rd bus running to Tompkins Cove

Replaces the 94 from Haverstraw to Tompkins Cove (Talked about later)

Runs Every Hour, Daily

Does streamlined onto Route 59 within Nyack

61: Spring Valley to Haverstraw

Runs every 30 minutes (like the current 91 does on the Haverstraw to Spring Valley Segment) on Weekdays and Saturdays, and hourly on Sundays

All buses serve Helen Hayes Hospital

Buses do not enter New City, a transfer would have to be made to the 71 if needed.

94/95: Combined into One Route, renumbered 45.

Runs on the 94 route North of Route 202 of the route up to Haverstraw, and from Rockland Community College to Spring Valley R.R Station

Runs on the 95 from Route 202 and Route 45 to Rockland Community College

59/97: Remains the same

93: Extended to Serve the Spring Valley Transit Center, and Pearl River R.R

92: Rush Hour service renamed 82, due to the difference of both routes during off hours and peak hours. 

Service Rerouted in Pearl River/North Tappan

I'm surprised you didn't mention the most important, in my own opinion, change...Sunday Service on the TxZ

How about running more 40 buses to/from 241 St. The 41 can be extended until 9am (with all 41 buses going to/from 241 St in the AM and PM)

Are there a lot of people getting on/off the 40 local stops after the 41 stops running? If not some existing 40 trips could be turned into 41 trips (and would start at 241 St) between 8-9am.

how are they the same?

I'm surprised you didn't mention the most important, in my own opinion, change...Sunday Service on the TxZ

Bxm4c= $300 and metro-north = $222+ 50 for beeline or $100 on metrocard together. The 4c however doesn't allow transfers from other modes so if you're not on Madison 5th ave. The bus is slower and more costly. And sits in traffic with 30 min plus delays. While the train reaches white plains in 30 minutes the bus well still on the deegan. Besides there are routes within Westchester where those resources can be put to better use. Why compete with metro-north?

Won't comment on Q23's idea but how about allowing transfers issued from TOR & Rockland coaches to be interchangeable? I observed a good bit of folks using Rockland coaches within Rockland county. I am busy will return in a while.

How about running more 40 buses to/from 241 St. The 41 can be extended until 9am (with all 41 buses going to/from 241 St in the AM and PM)

Are there a lot of people getting on/off the 40 local stops after the 41 stops running? If not some existing 40 trips could be turned into 41 trips (and would start at 241 St) between 8-9am.

Once the 40 gets past the Mount Vernon High School stop, it doesn't make many stops until Vernon Hills and the same goes for service until White Plains. The 41 should run until 9am.

241st needs more service and those buses should run to the subway.

Once the 40 gets past the Mount Vernon High School stop, it doesn't make many stops until Vernon Hills and the same goes for service until White Plains. The 41 should run until 9am.

241st needs more service and those buses should run to the subway.

Dude you sure 40 isn't that slow is it? Unlike the 20 it's pretty fast 41 is like a non stop.

Bee-Line #1T: Should expand the weekend service to Tarrytown Station.

Bee-Line #12: Make this full service hours during HPN Airport Hours including Thanksgiving/Christmas Holidays, so people who needs to catch flights at HPN can do it easily.

Bee-Line #14: Maybe make there 24-hour service like Bee-Line #20.

Bee-Line #15: Should have more Saturday service.

Bee-Line #45: Add more weekend service between Westchester County and the Bronx.

Archived