7803 and 9862 invading the Bx8 route!

Orion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYfNbj2Gw9w

We start out with Orion VII CNG #7803, can barely hear the HVAC on this baby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgqWT3h852w

And now I see 9862, a V CNG with all destination signs stuck, but there's people on it! I thought it was on the QBx1 route, but think again... Watch as it does the Bx8 route. This bus had a slow driver, but customers in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq9YRjLczlg

Again the V CNG slowing us down as the Bx8 driver is already 15 minutes late. The driver eventually passed this bus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLB8hux-BMQ

And now the V CNG is still following the Bx8 route, OMGWTFHAX... It even let some people off @ a stop since the driver took a shortcut and forgot about the stop all Bx8s are supposed to go to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbJnDUdxy0k

And the Edgewater Park loop, the Orion V CNG is still going by the Bx8 route. Maybe it doesn't have the Bx8 signs programmed for it...

It doesn't, but WF doesn't change decals much, they got MTAB 107 still with JFK decals and many VII CNGs still got JG stickers on them. Also 5351 is in WF but got GH stickers. They're lazy but atleast they maintain buses better than the other depots in the Bronx.

MTAB Orion V 9862 was a training bus. In the last video, if you look at the parrt where the Bx8 goes around the loop, you can see the "TRAINING BUS" sign on the windshield of 9862. At least that's what it looks like to me, tell me what you see.

Nice catch!

It doesn't, but WF doesn't change decals much, they got MTAB 107 still with JFK decals and many VII CNGs still got JG stickers on them. Also 5351 is in WF but got GH stickers. They're lazy but atleast they maintain buses better than the other depots in the Bronx.

LOL.... 5351 at WF, with GH stickers, and MTA Bus titles.

MTAB Orion V 9862 was a training bus. In the last video, if you look at the parrt where the Bx8 goes around the loop, you can see the "TRAINING BUS" sign on the windshield of 9862. At least that's what it looks like to me, tell me what you see.
I didn't see MTA workers in that bus though, saw regular people. Also I don't remember seeing that sign up in the beginning when I first saw the front. I seen a Bx31 driver putting a training bus sign up in mid route with 8363 RTS because it was too crowded and he wanted people to stop entering the bus so he can catch up. Could be that situation happening here since the Bx8 didn't come for 30 minutes and 3 came @ once, 9862, 7803, and 7801. I seen 9862 from Westchester Square while I was in 7803 and it was turning left. It was picking up people and I was like that -> :eek:

Oh wow, so what do you think that sign is in front of 9862 in that video, because something is there!
It could be, but this driver is the same one I saw on the Bx31 who put a Training Bus sign mid-route.

Nice catch!

LOL.... 5351 at WF, with GH stickers, and MTA Bus titles.

When I was in the Farms last year, I seen a Gun Hill artic in the depot (it was an older one). WF just did some mechanical work on the bus. It was never used at WF in service.....

So, are you saying that 9862 is at WF?

Doesn't surprise me one bit. I knew it was just a matter of time........

Makes me think. When those new Hybrids come in, is any going to WF, or is this a sign of the 400series that are left at WF, will be replaced by Orion V CNG, while the depot the Orion V CNG comes from get Hybrids. It would make sense, since WF has mostly new buses anyways............

When I was in the Farms last year, I seen a Gun Hill artic in the depot (it was an older one). WF just did some mechanical work on the bus. It was never used at WF in service.....

Makes me think. When those new Hybrids come in, is any going to WF, or is this a sign of the 400series that are left at WF, will be replaced by Orion V CNG, while the depot the Orion V CNG comes from get Hybrids. It would make sense, since WF has mostly new buses anyways............

5351 is actually in service though, seen it on the Bx19, Bx8, Bx31, and Bx40. I asked the driver and he said this is from West Farms Depot. :eek:

West Farms will not see any hybrids any time soon. It's rumored that they; as well as Gleason could get NG CNG's. What they need is NFI CE40LFR CNG Hybrids, which are cleaner than diesel hybrids. But as of right now, there is only one CE40LF in service as a prototype. The only drawback with the current Orion VII and NFI CNG's is the fact that they have worse gas milage than the RTS and Orion V!

West Farms will not see any hybrids any time soon. It's rumored that they; as well as Gleason could get NG CNG's. What they need is NFI CE40LFR CNG Hybrids, which are cleaner than diesel hybrids. But as of right now, there is only one CE40LF in service as a prototype. The only drawback with the current Orion VII and NFI CNG's is the fact that they have worse gas milage than the RTS and Orion V!

Well then. Be on the lookout for more Orion V CNGs at West Farms when the hybrids come a marchin' in...........

Archived