Yeah I am FULLY aware that fact, I just think that is a bit much to personalize your profile. That's just my opinion though. I don't know of any other transit message board that makes you be a "donator" to personalize your profile, suppose to be a community to have fun, not to profit, unless profitting is what this board is about? Tell me if I am wrong.

Keep cutting back on stuff here, you're gonna lose posters...

I understand where you're coming from. But what exactly is it that we're cutting back on here? Everything is still basically the same. The signatures. Yeah they were getting rediculous and it had to be changed. I think even you would agree with that one.

The avatar situation has been that way before I started accepting donations. So being a subscriber to this website has nothing to do with it. When this website out grew its shared hosting plan I had to go with a dedicated server which cost a lot more money than the shared server ever did. In the first year and a half (before moving to the dedicated server) I and others went out of our way putting in many hours to have 500+ avatars available for the users of this forum. When costs went up, I thought I'd throw in the ability to upload a custom avatar with a subscription to the site. I guess I made a mistake with that decision.

Now with all due respect for everyone on this forum, if a poster is going to leave this website because he/she cannot upload a custom avatar then that will be their choice. I would hope they reconsider their thinking and come back later.

Best,

Harry :cool:

Webmaster & Administrator

http://www.nyctransitforums.com

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I understand where you're coming from. But what exactly is it that we're cutting back on here? Everything is still basically the same. The signatures. Yeah they were getting rediculous and it had to be changed. I think even you would agree with that one.

The avatar situation has been that way before I started accepting donations. So being a subscriber to this website has nothing to do with it. When this website out grew its shared hosting plan I had to go with a dedicated server which cost a lot more money than the shared server ever did. In the first year and a half (before moving to the dedicated server) I and others went out of our way putting in many hours to have 500+ avatars available for the users of this forum. When costs went up, I thought I'd throw in the ability to upload a custom avatar with a subscription to the site. I guess I made a mistake with that decision.

Now with all due respect for everyone on this forum, if a poster is going to leave this website because he/she cannot upload a custom avatar then that will be their choice. I would hope they reconsider their thinking and come back later.

Best,

Harry :cool:

Webmaster & Administrator

http://www.nyctransitforums.com

And with all due respect to you. I understand your take on it all. Was just sharing an opinion.

My comment about people leaving wasn't that it would happen now, but seeing what the deal was with the avatars and now the signatures is what prompted me to make that comment. So I do apologize for that. The lessening of the features available to a user would surely turn some people off after a while, so that's where I was coming from with that.

And with all due respect to you. I understand your take on it all. Was just sharing an opinion.

My comment about people leaving wasn't that it would happen now, but seeing what the deal was with the avatars and now the signatures is what prompted me to make that comment. So I do apologize for that. The lessening of the features available to a user would surely turn some people off after a while, so that's where I was coming from with that.

I respect your opinion and took it as such. Also, I would like to apologize if I sounded kinda harsh. That was not my intention.

:cool:

• 1 month later...

Here some more ideas for personal avatars. Harry i know it maybe expensive but just a thought.

Toronto's TTC

San Diego MTS

Boston's MBTA/T

Also few more sports teams.

MLB. Blue Jays, Dodgers, Cardinals and Cubs.

NFL. Giants, Jets, Pats, Cowboys, Steelers, Colts and Dolphins.

Just my takes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I see my bus bullets were put up (except for the expresses), so thanks!:)

I see I could have made them a little bigger. I was trying to make them the same size as the other bullets, but I can see they are slightly smaller. 120% would be about a pixel bigger than the subway route bullets, and 130% bigger would be the size of the other smilies.

One problem I see right away, is that M2 was already the code for the brown M, and now when people are discussing that line, they are gertting the M2 Bus bullet.

I didn't think M2 should have been the old M, that should have remained just "M". I had thought the new orange M should be M6, but now, that would pose the same problem. How about "6M" then?

Edit: OK, I see the brown M is "Mx", now.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I'd love a Mitchell Field and Rockville Centre depot sticker avatar...

And what about LIB's O7s as avatars?

Yes, I second the vote for a Mitchel Field Depot avatar. Its the avatar I want the most :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

There should be a separate section of selected Staten Island, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Bronx, and Queens bus routes. Maybe:

Staten Island- S40, S46, S51, S53, S62, S74, S76, S78, S79, S89, S90, S98

Brooklyn- B1, B3, B4, B6, B8, B12, B41, B44, B46, B63, B68, B70, B82, B83, B100, B103

Manhattan- M1, M2, M5, M9, M16, M34, M42, M60, M98, M101, M103, M104, M116

Queens- Q1, Q3, Q10, Q19, Q37, Q50, Q64, Q72, Q77, Q85, Q101, Q102, Q103, Q112, Q113

Bronx- Bx1, Bx2, Bx3, Bx4A, Bx8, Bx11, Bx12, Bx15, Bx23, Bx28, Bx30, Bx38, Bx40, Bx55

Archived