NJT proposals/ideas thread 2012-2013

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Manville looks a little closer, and also a little more dense. Once you're there, you might as well send it to connect with the RVL at Somerville.

Manville is a town I also heard of.... like hillsborough & flemington, I don't think a bus route should run from New Brunswick to/through there..... Same problem w/ running a route directly b/w new brunswick & bound brook (may not get all that much usage)....

If you want to connect Manville to the RR, it should either be by way of:

- (their own) shuttle to one of the RVL stations, or...

- a full fledged bus route running from Princeton junction RR to the RVL [via Princeton, Manville & (The promenade or Somerville RR... whichever there's more demand for) ] up/down US 206..... Taxi's are making an absolute killing @ princeton junction b/c the princeton RR shuttle runs every 1/2 hr IINM; that station is too isolated from all the action (so to speak)..... only bus service over there is the bus back towards Trenton (the 600 I think that is)....

Manville is quite small and it doesn't look very well (abandoned storefronts etc).

Manville used to be an industrial town.... They're trying to revitalize that area....

It kinda reminds me of Carteret & how they're tryna build up a little downtown area out there & what not....

Manville is a town I also heard of.... like hillsborough & flemington, I don't think a bus route should run from New Brunswick to/through there..... Same problem w/ running a route directly b/w new brunswick & bound brook (may not get all that much usage)....

If you want to connect Manville to the RR, it should either be by way of:

- (their own) shuttle to one of the RVL stations, or...

- a full fledged bus route running from Princeton junction RR to the RVL [via Princeton, Manville & (The promenade or Somerville RR... whichever there's more demand for) ] up/down US 206..... Taxi's are making an absolute killing @ princeton junction b/c the princeton RR shuttle runs every 1/2 hr IINM; that station is too isolated from all the action (so to speak)..... only bus service over there is the bus back towards Trenton (the 600 I think that is)....

Manville used to be an industrial town.... They're trying to revitalize that area....

It kinda reminds me of Carteret & how they're tryna build up a little downtown area out there & what not....

I will have this avatar to represent my posting style. Fine I will share this time. One 605 & 600 need a change so in order to concentrate on trains better. 600 trenton service is transfered to 605 605 replaces 611 adding on rush service to 605 now powered up 605 replaces SCOOT PEAK route via us 206 to manville then RR station en rte to bedminster. At rush however 114 short turns and 114X extend to bedminster via 202 adding 10 mins total to run time some 605 trips will skip manville at rush. Or let 655 eat scoot peak with 605 routed to flemington. Let 600 absorb the MCAT M6 improving sat service slight reroute beyond princeton jct to eat parts of M6 to jamesburg

I will have this avatar to represent my posting style. Fine I will share this time. One 605 & 600 need a change so in order to concentrate on trains better. 600 trenton service is transfered to 605 605 replaces 611 adding on rush service to 605 now powered up 605 replaces SCOOT PEAK route via us 206 to manville then RR station en rte to bedminster. At rush however 114 short turns and 114X extend to bedminster via 202 adding 10 mins total to run time some 605 trips will skip manville at rush. Or let 655 eat scoot peak with 605 routed to flemington. Let 600 absorb the MCAT M6 improving sat service slight reroute beyond princeton jct to eat parts of M6 to jamesburg

As someone who actually drives the 114 even if it is 10 minutes that route doesnt need to be any longer than it already is. Ill admit I'm not familiar with the part of jersey you guys are talking about so Ill apologize now if this doesnt make sense but if this suggestion is only during rush hour perhaps itd be better for the 117 to go out there instead of 114

As someone who actually drives the 114 even if it is 10 minutes that route doesnt need to be any longer than it already is. Ill admit I'm not familiar with the part of jersey you guys are talking about so Ill apologize now if this doesnt make sense but if this suggestion is only during rush hour perhaps itd be better for the 117 to go out there instead of 114

You misread me the 114 trips I proposed to extend were short turns not coming from NY afterwards they reverse back to NY at AM rush as 117!!! However at PM rush 117 becomes bidirectional doing the extension.

I got some more proposals. Tell me what you think.

GO61: Newark-Trenton. Route 1 BRT Service.

114: Select trips serve Vauxhall Road after coming off Route 22.

116: Select trips begin at Woodbridge Mall

840: South Amboy RR-East Brunswick via Bordentown Avenue.

395: South Amboy-New York GWB

GO61 I think NJT is already on the verge of making one but not to newark. I made the same mistake with proposing a similar route it duplicates NEC too much. I would Have it come from either hudson county or EWR then super express to new brunswick(EWR version) or stop at CSI or forest ave to US 1 but only to princeton use 600 to continue. EWR version times with all at the terminal unleashes hell on US 1 stops at business parks. Or 615 replaces MCAT M4 and via US1 BRT then timed with EWR route that would replace MCAT M1 this 615 ends at quaker bridge mall at off peak but goes to west trenton or college of NJ and business parks near I-95 at rush. Haven't decided the route yet.

114 NO no need ppl will transfer to 66 if they need it that bad plus most with passes won't pay for the transfer anyway.

116 I was thinking of an extension but I don't think that is a good way unless you boost service find the money first. Heck you can canabalize a variant of the 48 if you turn a part of it into a 116 variant.

395 won't work you need to stop at Newark for that and even that won't help unless you prepare a series of lines via rte 21 to various parts of Bergen otherwise this route will be a dud the surrounding environment won't support this line. Too many changes need to be made to make this work other new lines will have to be born so nope.

840 err NJT beat you to the punch MCAT created a new line called the M7 that does just that You are suggesting a takeover of the line perhaps won't work unless extended to SI. Or merged with an extended 600 rte like 655 via old Trenton to East Brunswick before eating M7

I got some more proposals. Tell me what you think.

GO61: Newark-Trenton. Route 1 BRT Service.

114: Select trips serve Vauxhall Road after coming off Route 22.

116: Select trips begin at Woodbridge Mall

840: South Amboy RR-East Brunswick via Bordentown Avenue.

395: South Amboy-New York GWB

go61- sounds nice.... I guess it'd depend on how many stops you'd have it make....

114- I'd leave service on 82

116- if you don't have service being taken away from perth amboy, I agree to this... I can see woodbridge mall being used as a park & ride for commuters needing NY

840- agreed...

395- I'd question demand...

go61- sounds nice.... I guess it'd depend on how many stops you'd have it make....

116- if you don't have service being taken away from perth amboy, I agree to this... I can see woodbridge mall being used as a park & ride for commuters needing NY

840- agreed...

I thought I was alone online here I 840 is good. I don't like GO61 in a way

QJT stop hating on the damn MCAT so much. It's small and crappy, they use cutaway buses, but what do you expect a system with low ridership serving a suburban area where most people drive? There ain't gonna be no New Flyers, Novas, etc. or even Gilligs purchased by MCAT until they get much higher ridership. Stop saying NJT has to take over when there's no LOCALS who ride it DAILY complaining about it. Same with OceanRide.

840- agreed...

GO61: I decided I'm just going to make this the 61 Express route instead. It now originates from Fort Lee instead of Newark. I still think it should serve US 1 to Trenton. EDIT: The route will be split between Meadowlands Garage and Newton Avenue. It will use MCIs

It will make stops at:

GWB Plaza (Fort Lee)

Tonnele Avenue Light Rail Station

Tonnele Avenue & Paterson Plank Road

Newark Airport

Woodbridge Mall

US 1 & NJ 18

North Brunswick Plaza

Princeton Medical Center

Trenton Transit Center

114: Yeah you're right. Vauxhall already has the 66 and 94 serving it.

116: Service is going to stay in Perth Amboy. Some trips will just serve the mall

Edited by Transitkid4608

QJT stop hating on the damn MCAT so much. It's small and crappy, they use cutaway buses, but what do you expect a system with low ridership serving a suburban area where most people drive? There ain't gonna be no New Flyers, Novas, etc. or even Gilligs purchased by MCAT until they get much higher ridership. Stop saying NJT has to take over when there's no LOCALS who ride it DAILY complaining about it. Same with OceanRide.

LOL and MCAT makes its system sound likes its a lifeline on its website LOL

Look at the schedule then you will know WHY it has low ridership. You can't cut off at 3 pm and not link with commuter buses and expect ridership. You can't say you connect communities and run once a friggin week and expect ridership. You can't connect to major services that cater to rush hour commuters who drive to CUSA or even princeton jct and cut off at 5 pm and expect ridership. Look at the monmouth middletown station shuttle if you want to know how a shuttle should run. Then come back to me. Look at OC2 then look at why academy expanded service to manchester.

LOL and MCAT makes its system sound likes its a lifeline on its website LOL

BULL crap they look like a poor excuse for NJT to avoid the area. Look at their schedule then ask yourself why do you use transit to NY. Then ask yourself this I live in jamesburg and use coachusa to work what times will I travel how will I get there will a shuttle benefit me if so what schedule works if the schedule that lets you leave your car at home for convenience weekdays is not MCAT's then that is why ridership is low. I can direct you to reports on this sort of thing. Again funny how oceanride has the worst schedule and highest car ownership I wonder why?? Then look at njt then back to oceanride look at the schedule then try to use it oops YOU CAN'T IT'S FRIDAY and the bus runs on tuesdays and thursdays. Edited by qjtransitmaster

I have a question

Can anyone tell me what the hell is the difference between the 137 Garden State Parkway Express and the 319 from New York to Toms River. Same thing I don't know what's the difference from the 321 and 167 between Vince Lombardi and New York. I would restructure the routes like this

137: Route 549 service and route 166 service are retained. 137 will have full weekday and weekend summer only service

319: Those 137 buses from New York to Toms River via GSP express will now be 319 short-turns, which can later be extended to Atlantic City

321: Renamed to 187

I have a question

Can anyone tell me what the hell is the difference between the 137 Garden State Parkway Express and the 319 from New York to Toms River. Same thing I don't know what's the difference from the 321 and 167 between Vince Lombardi and New York.

I would restructure the routes like this

137: Route 549 service and route 166 service are retained. 137 will have full weekday and weekend summer only service

319: Those 137 buses from New York to Toms River via GSP express will now be 319 short-turns, which can later be extended to Atlantic City

321: Renamed to 187

Are you really gonna use that as an excuse....

What's the difference between all the NJT routes that serve PABT & union city?

Are you gonna restructure those routes too..... I mean come on....

Are you really gonna use that as an excuse....

What's the difference between all the NJT routes that serve PABT & union city?

Are you gonna restructure those routes too..... I mean come on....

No I'm not. What I'm saying is why is the entire 137 non summer garden state parkway express is the same thing as the 319. And I'm not eliminating any trip.

No I'm not. What I'm saying is why is the entire 137 non summer garden state parkway express is the same thing as the 319. And I'm not eliminating any trip.

Then why are you asking "what the hell is the difference" if you know they're the same thing......

It comes off as a lame excuse for making those changes you're proposing.

Nothing was insuinated about eliminating trips; that wasn't my concern....

I mean, first it's wanting to make 510 trips into the 552, now 137 trips into the 319......

The question that should be asked is:

What's the difference in turning 137 trips into the 319... instead of leaving them as 137's....

I would make 137 replace parts of OC7. Then modify service accordingly. Create the 60 off peak via 549 rush hr skips also at off peak serves cheesequake and outlets for links to 836(613 in complete proposal) stop at brick at rush it skips monmouth stops use academy which becomes open door. 60 replaces a part of OC5 @ off peak at rush eats oc7 select off peak kill oc1. Academy forked river replaces OC5 parts. Former OC9 replaced by academy rush hr trips toms river service.

OC1 replaced by 137's 549 service at rush off peak by others.

OC means oceanride.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

I would make 137 replace parts of OC7. Then modify service accordingly. Create the 60 off peak via 549 rush hr skips also at off peak serves cheesequake and outlets for links to 836(613 in complete proposal) stop at brick at rush it skips monmouth stops use academy which becomes open door. 60 replaces a part of OC5 @ off peak at rush eats oc7 select off peak kill oc1. Academy forked river replaces OC5 parts. Former OC9 replaced by academy rush hr trips toms river service.

OC1 replaced by 137's 549 service at rush off peak by others.

OC means oceanride.

Another option: just make OC routes run every day except for sunday

Another option: just make OC routes run every day except for sunday

Here is a better idea go to ocean county. That will never happen they were shit for too long you act like they can be useful they are trash. Get realistic majority will use NJT. Oceanride had cuts so bad they should go bye bye here is an instafix kill all oceanride fixed routes get out of NJT/Academy's way. You should be the last to comment as you know the least about NJ. Especially ocean which you are clueless about. Come to ocean you will know how useless oceanshit is. The demographics favor NJT over oceanride they one ran 5 days a week with schedules so useless there is nothing they can do to gain ridership. Waste of resources oceanride should stick to demand response fixed route in NJ anything other than private or NJT is useless. A cop out. It can work out to be cheaper to let NJT expand their current routes than waste more on OC FAIL. They cut way too much now it is clear they can't run proper service no resources available. Existing resources that howell and academy have are more than enough.

Here is a better idea go to ocean county. That will never happen they were shit for too long you act like they can be useful they are trash. Get realistic majority will use NJT. Oceanride had cuts so bad they should go bye bye here is an instafix kill all oceanride fixed routes get out of NJT/Academy's way. You should be the last to comment as you know the least about NJ. Especially ocean which you are clueless about. Come to ocean you will know how useless oceanshit is. The demographics favor NJT over oceanride they one ran 5 days a week with schedules so useless there is nothing they can do to gain ridership. Waste of resources oceanride should stick to demand response fixed route in NJ anything other than private or NJT is useless. A cop out. It can work out to be cheaper to let NJT expand their current routes than waste more on OC FAIL. They cut way too much now it is clear they can't run proper service no resources available. Existing resources that howell and academy have are more than enough.

Well I'm just saying, if they had 6 day service like MCAT, it wouldnt be so crappy. Also, what's with those confusing maps and service patterns. They look like scrribles. If that were fixed from Oceanside, then maybe it could run a bit more efficient. Well of it doesn't get better then just go and cut the POS. I'm just suggesting another option, not contradicting your posts QJ.

Edit: I agree On the part of extending the 137 further into ocean county past Toms River Park/Ride

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

Well I'm just saying, if they had 6 day service like MCAT, it wouldnt be so crappy. Also, what's with those confusing maps and service patterns. They look like scrribles. If that were fixed from Oceanside, then maybe it could run a bit more efficient. Well of it doesn't get better then just go and cut the POS. I'm just suggesting another option, not contradicting your posts QJ.

Edit: I agree On the part of extending the 137 further into ocean county past Toms River Park/Ride

I understand but oceanride's weakness wasn't just lack of daily service it was HORRID SHITASTIC frequencies most had 4 trips a day at the most. The most gauling of lines is the OC9 which BLATENTLY IGNORES travel demand to long beach island in the summer. This tells me that oceanride has no intention or ability to add service. Their only useful line the toms river connection and that is contracted out. The only way to make things better is sometimes you just have to let go and start over let others handle it. In this case all OC fixed routes just need to go and get merged with NJT lines NJT is far better equipped to provide transit in NJ especially ocean county. Mcat can be modded into NJT easily hint: mercer county

My sussex plan only extends 1 NJT line to there that is 194 others lakeland and CUSA(reroute of pa x84 service)

Again oceanride had 5 day a week service on most lines except oc29 now 3a before 2010 plus the bricklink was way more frequent before almost hourly look at it now it is a disaster. Nothing can improve em it's too late. MCAT however added new lines M7 their newest.

Edited by qjtransitmaster