NJT proposals/ideas thread 2012-2013

I have a question

Can anyone tell me what the hell is the difference between the 137 Garden State Parkway Express and the 319 from New York to Toms River. Same thing I don't know what's the difference from the 321 and 167 between Vince Lombardi and New York. I would restructure the routes like this

137: Route 549 service and route 166 service are retained. 137 will have full weekday and weekend summer only service

319: Those 137 buses from New York to Toms River via GSP express will now be 319 short-turns, which can later be extended to Atlantic City

321: Renamed to 187

If thats what you're gonna do, then you might as well just make the 137 stop serving Toms River and send it somewhere else instead.

The difference between the 321 and 167 is the fact that the 321 ends at Vince Lombardi P&R while the 167 goes to Dumont & Harrington Park.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If thats what you're gonna do, then you might as well just make the 137 stop serving Toms River and send it somewhere else instead.

The difference between the 321 and 167 is the fact that the 321 ends at Vince Lombardi P&R while the 167 goes to Dumont & Harrington Park.

He's trying to streamline route notations..... It's pointless....

- instead of the 137 & 319 running b/w PABT & Toms river, let's rename all service to 319's that do that.....

- instead of the 321 & 167 serving the Lombardi P&R, let's rename all service to 167's that do that....

(if that wasn't a typo & he really meant renaming 321's to the 187, then that's even more pointless)

The 319 is thur service to AC via Parkway Exp to Toms River to ease crowding on the 137. There is no diff between the 2 with the exception of the 137 ending at Toms River which is why it has its own route number.

While we are on this hell might as well rename all routes that run on broadway in camden....

The 319 is thur service to AC via Parkway Exp to Toms River to ease crowding on the 137. There is no diff between the 2 with the exception of the 137 ending at Toms River which is why it has its own route number.

While we are on this hell might as well rename all routes that run on broadway in camden....

About the 321, yes I meant 167. Well I only renamed routes that go the exact same route as another route that's longer.

I have a question

Can anyone tell me what the hell is the difference between the 137 Garden State Parkway Express and the 319 from New York to Toms River. Same thing I don't know what's the difference from the 321 and 167 between Vince Lombardi and New York. I would restructure the routes like this

137: Route 549 service and route 166 service are retained. 137 will have full weekday and weekend summer only service

319: Those 137 buses from New York to Toms River via GSP express will now be 319 short-turns, which can later be extended to Atlantic City

321: Renamed to 187

137 GSP Express is pretty much the same as the 319 except the 319 continues to AC. The only reason the Destination Sign says GSP Express is that there are passengers that just want to get on the bus, sleep for 90 minutes, and get off at the first and ONLY stop: Toms River P/R.

167 between 12:40 to 2 or 3:40 services the VL P/R. Only difference is that 167 continues to Dumont/Teaneck/Harrington Park while the 321 is just VL only. As for renaming it to the 187, the 170-189 numbers REGUALLY are GWB routes. 177 is the old 167X, which I wish they would go back to. Also, 321 is a P/R route, just like the 320, with the only difference that the 320 is more for tourists but also for P/R people, and thus, different fare structures than normal.

https://maps.google.com/maps/myplaces?hl=en&vpsrc=3&ctz=240&abauth=50400177z5yEcRgwMScQg5VRU2xU6wKIBkI&vps=1&num=10

My new proposal for a NJT Line. Bascially in Philly it's the same route it's just that it came out odd. Bascially the blue routing is the correct routing in Philly.

dude it does not work I will soon reveal some talks.

How slow is 780? Can it be sped up

I can't help you with that. Ask SirJokaPlaya, he might be able to help you.

335:Campbells Junction-Cliffwood-New York. Route 35 doesn't get much service south of Laurence Harbor.

341:Long Beach Island-New York. Have you ever noticed that there are no buses that serve LBI? The 559 is close but it just bypasses it.

817: Extend the North endpoint to Woodbridge Mall.

818: Extend to Laurence Harbor for better connection to the 817.

https://maps.google....kI&vps=1&num=10

My new proposal for a NJT Line.

Bascially in Philly it's the same route it's just that it came out odd. Bascially the blue routing is the correct routing in Philly.

This doesn't point to your proposal..... Update the link.

- No comment on the 818, b/c I don't know how well it's used in Old Bridge......

- I would actually leave the 817 in perth, shorten the 815 to perth, shorten the 62 (well 48 now) to woodbridge mall (all trips), to have one (new) route running b/w perth amboy & woodbridge mall, etc

(I was gonna PM you about this, but there's no point now)....

Some coincidence you're proposing changes to the 81_ routes.... I'm in the middle of drawing up a route now - it's a perth amboy - plainfield route (via woodbridge mall)... I also think the 819 (which is one big mess) & the 822 should be changed up a bit, but I don't know how well the 822 does..... the 819 metuchen branch I barely see anyone on though (no wonder that spur doesn't run on weekends)....

- No comment on the 818, b/c I don't know how well it's used in Old Bridge......

- I would actually leave the 817 in perth, shorten the 815 to perth, shorten the 62 (well 48 now) to woodbridge mall (all trips), to have one (new) route running b/w perth amboy & woodbridge mall, etc

Some coincidence you're proposing changes to the 81_ routes.... I'm in the middle of drawing up a route now - it's a perth amboy - plainfield route (via woodbridge mall)... I also think the 819 (which is one big mess) & the 822 should be changed up a bit, but I don't know how well the 822 does..... the 819 metuchen branch I barely see anyone on though (no wonder that spur doesn't run on weekends)....

The 818 isn't used well in Old Bridge. It basically just serves the Southwest end of town before going into East Brunswick.

I like your Perth Amboy-Plainfield route. Plainfield nees more buses coming from around the county. It seems as if the only buses running to Plainfield now are the 59,113,114,819 & 822, and those don't even connect with the rest of the county.

The 818 isn't used well in Old Bridge. It basically just serves the Southwest end of town before going into East Brunswick.

I like your Perth Amboy-Plainfield route. Plainfield nees more buses coming from around the county. It seems as if the only buses running to Plainfield now are the 59,113,114,819 & 822, and those don't even connect with the rest of the county.

Yup, That's exactly why I thought this would be a good idea.

The 819 gets usage in Plainfield, but from what I notice, it's really only w/i plainfield a good chunk of those pax are travelling to....

I can't help you with that. Ask SirJokaPlaya, he might be able to help you.

335:Campbells Junction-Cliffwood-New York. Route 35 doesn't get much service south of Laurence Harbor.

341:Long Beach Island-New York. Have you ever noticed that there are no buses that serve LBI? The 559 is close but it just bypasses it.

I really suggest strongly that you head over to academybus.com then educate yourself extremely about ALL their routes guess what they already run that so called 335. Academy runs that service if it ain't enough tell em on facebook. Then after looking at academy and all their lines comeback to here with perfected ways to restructure the network. No offence intended.

Ok I think I slept through here tight lipped long enough. My NJT proposal central has these changes. 819 phase 1 extends to raritan center via middlesex college enhanced to react to ridership. Merge 822 with 112 via 112 extension or 822 & 56/57 get reshaped but details on that option and 819 phase 2 will be withheld for now. 813 restructured as crosstown via pascataway at rush dodging I-287 traffic lol and serving industrial parks. Option A 813 absordes former 884 then proceeds to flemington. Proposal B it goes via I-287 to serve morris county as a cross county link eats up 872 routing to industrial areas at rush. While 884 returns and replaces parts of DASH en rte to new brunswick. 980& 986 merge to kill DH milage.

I really suggest strongly that you head over to academybus.com then educate yourself extremely about ALL their routes guess what they already run that so called 335. Academy runs that service if it ain't enough tell em on facebook. Then after looking at academy and all their lines comeback to here with perfected ways to restructure the network. No offence intended.

The 335 is going to run on route 35 between Keyport and South Amboy then it will hop on the GSP and head to New York. I just looked at Academy and they get off route 35 and hop onto the Parkway in Hazlet. The 335 won't do that. Instead of jumping on the Parkway immediately, it serves Laurence Harbor, Cliffwood, and South Amboy's business district along route 35.

Edited by Transitkid4608

My NJT proposal central has these changes.

- 819 phase 1 extends to raritan center via middlesex college enhanced to react to ridership.

- 819 phase 2 will be withheld for now.

- Merge 822 with 112 via 112 extension or 822 & 56/57 get reshaped but details on that option

- 813 restructured as crosstown via pascataway at rush dodging I-287 traffic lol and serving industrial parks.

Option A 813 absordes former 884 then proceeds to flemington.

Proposal B it goes via I-287 to serve morris county as a cross county link eats up 872 routing to industrial areas at rush. While 884 returns and replaces parts of DASH en rte to new brunswick.

- 980& 986 merge to kill DH milage.

If you're gonna send the 819 to Raritan center, you're gonna have to split the 819 into two routes (which that by itself doesn't sound like too bad an idea)..... However, the 813 doesn't need to be touched because you want to send the 819 down there - you can still have both of those routes serve the business park....

813 absorbing former 884 (somerville RR - clinton twp) to Hunterdon county or 813 running to Morris county via the highway (I-287), I'm not taking seriously.....

Reverting the 884 & sending it to New Brunswick, I have no comment on....

Same goes for merging 980 & 986 (no comment)....

forgot this one.....

Merging the 822 with the 112 ?! There's no point to that b/c the 113 & 114 already serves plainfield & that general section of NJ.... The other part of it, don't know what you mean by "reshaping" 56/57.....

Edited by B35 via Church

If you're gonna send the 819 to Raritan center, you're gonna have to split the 819 into two routes (which that by itself doesn't sound like too bad an idea)..... However, the 813 doesn't need to be touched because you want to send the 819 down there - you can still have both of those routes serve the business park....

813 absorbing former 884 (somerville RR - clinton twp) to Hunterdon county or 813 running to Morris county via the highway (I-287), I'm not taking seriously.....

forgot this one.....

Merging the 822 with the 112 ?! There's no point to that b/c the 113 & 114 already serves plainfield & that general section of NJ.... The other part of it, don't know what you mean by "reshaping" 56/57.....

I think he means he will streamline those routes on a shorter path, IMO.

I forgot to say this:

67/137: One of them extended to Seaside Park

I think he means he will streamline those routes on a shorter path, IMO.

"822 & 56/57 get reshaped but details on that option"

^^ That looks to me like he's gonna try to find a way to merge the 822 with one of those routes...... iono, whatever.....

I forgot to say this:

67/137: One of them extended to Seaside Park

Although seasonal, they both already do that.....

What, you mean year round?

"822 & 56/57 get reshaped but details on that option"

^^ That looks to me like he's gonna try to find a way to merge the 822 with one of those routes...... iono, whatever.....

Although seasonal, they both already do that.....

What, you mean year round?

1. Eh well just wait and see

2. Yeah year round

forgot this one.....

the 813 one was to take cars off the road however I did not complete that proposal it requires further review of the traffic patterns or existing lines. It requires something to happen to 605/611 & highway route but I need more knowledge about the cusa 300 & more knowledge that I do not have at this time. 822 however I figured first extend 94 linden to cover 57 routing to linden plaza. Then next step merge 822 via extension towards the winstead area cover 56's route completely to elizabeth on new 822 service improved as a result. Add service to 822.

57 can extend then serve rahway and eat up 48's metropark service branch allowing more 48s on the other branchas stated in proposal A. This can stimulate ridership on 57 so 57/56 runs via rte 1 via linden station then along rte 1 in proposal A it eats one of the 48 branches. In proposal B absorbs 815's northern segment via rte 1 directly. Proposal C It is called 57 as a rte 1 express line between journal sq as limited stops on JFK blvd or west side then serves Newark airport and continues on it's path and either follows proposal B or turns into a line for the entire rte 1 corridor.

50 merges 56's winfield service with 57's elizabeth ave service.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

OR merge 56/57 the merged route travels via 57's route till linden then eat out one of 48's branches powering up the other branch new designation 46. 822 renumbered as 50 via union county college and via cranford allowing 113 to consolodate branching in plainfield. Then eats 56 killing it allowing more for 57's part. 59 limited service to the union county college is transferred to the 822 which will be renumbered as 50 the 50 will become Elizabeth-Plainfield via winfield and union county college. 113 will no longer serve south ave outside rush hour as off peak trips divert to improve service along E front. 112 can eliminate 819 middlesex mall via raritan rd but the metuchen 819 line keeps timed with 112 while getting a boost from serving raritan center. Sat use on 819 DK if it is needed I will learn soon.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

Yeah year round

Not necessary.

822 however I figured first extend 94 linden to cover 57 routing to linden plaza. Then next step merge 822 via extension towards the winstead area cover 56's route completely to elizabeth on new 822 service improved as a result. Add service to 822.

57 can extend then serve rahway and eat up 48's metropark service branch allowing more 48s on the other branchas stated in proposal A. This can stimulate ridership on 57 so 57/56 runs via rte 1 via linden station then along rte 1 in proposal A it eats one of the 48 branches.

In proposal B absorbs 815's northern segment via rte 1 directly.

Proposal C It is called 57 as a rte 1 express line between journal sq as limited stops on JFK blvd or west side then serves Newark airport and continues on it's path and either follows proposal B or turns into a line for the entire rte 1 corridor. 50 merges 56's winfield service with 57's elizabeth ave service.

I don't know about having the 94 serve linden plz; outside of basic coverage, it really has no business serving Linden RR.... South of roselle park (rt 28; westfield av), barely anyone takes that route.... The route is at its strongest b/w bloomfield (first stop) & irvington.... usage b/w linden & rt 22 is rather lacking....

I can agree w/ the 57 going on to serve rahway, but I really don't agree with it "eating up" the metropark/woodbridge mall branch of the 48.... heading to(wards) elizabeth, usage on the metropark branch > usage on the perth amboy branch.... My problem w/ old 62/new 48 is the routing along inman to get to/from woodbridge mall.... buses really should be running through avenel instead of colonia..... You're basically saying, have the 57 run to metropark so that more 48's can run to perth amboy....

Yeah, I also say 815 north of perth amboy should be eliminated.

Your "proposal C".... yeah, that's good for Jersey City folks, but that's about it.... having the route avoid the areas around downtown elizabeth is a no-no (which is what a rt 1 express would do).....

OR merge 56/57 the merged route travels via 57's route till linden then eat out one of 48's branches powering up the other branch new designation 46. 822 renumbered as 50 via union county college and via cranford allowing 113 to consolodate branching in plainfield.

Then eats 56 killing it allowing more for 57's part. 59 limited service to the union county college is transferred to the 822 which will be renumbered as 50 the 50 will become Elizabeth-Plainfield via winfield and union county college.

113 will no longer serve south ave outside rush hour as off peak trips divert to improve service along E front.

112 can eliminate 819 middlesex mall via raritan rd but the metuchen 819 line keeps timed with 112 while getting a boost from serving raritan center. Sat use on 819 DK if it is needed I will learn soon.

Man, you really need to learn to explain yourself better... No insults, no funny business, just basic criticism there.

Well dude, in all this madness, right off the bat, I agree w/ you on one thing..... There is demand for service to aviation plz. from rahway....

I wouldn't include the 48 in any of this b/c that has to go on to serve woodbridge & perth amboy (I don't think the old 62 needed/new 48 needs to serve perth amboy no way, but that's somethin else)....

I still don't agree w/ messing with the PABT/NYC lines for the purpose of them serving areas that are better left for local (by that I mean, intra-Jersey) routes to handle.... the 112 would absolutely have no business running out to middlesex mall....

59 is another mess, but that route stays packed.... Usually from Plainfield - Newark...

The route is used moreso than the 113 b/w Dunellen & Plainfield (even from as far out as westfield)....

Union county college service on the 59, I partially agree with what you're saying - I'd say get rid of that & just have the 58 run down for another mile or so to WestfieldRR, since that already serves the college & Elizabeth as well... But you don't need a route looping through winfield coming from westfield & union county college...... Winfield won't allow it.