NJT proposals/ideas thread 2012-2013

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://maps.google....2a20c5044&msa=0

Just tryna keep the flow going.

848 = redundant just add fulltime 133 service 109 does not need NYC as the PATH can do it keep it in NJ or have it go to downtown.

Extension of 2 to bayonne via rte 440 kills your 18 dead due to train connections. Off peak 133 will go to woodbridge and via 800 routing to old bridge let 61 cover 800's route allowing for 67's demise. Along with 60 which would allow oceanride's demise then your 390 kills MCAT M1 and rte 130 shuttles.

848 = redundant just add fulltime 133 service

Whats that gonna do? The 848 goes to Hazlet.

109 does not need NYC as the PATH can do it keep it in NJ or have it go to downtown.

I already said I wasn't changing the 109, what makes you think I'm gonna change it now?

Extension of 2 to bayonne via rte 440 kills your 18 dead due to train connections.

The 2 is long enough. It doesn't need to go to Bayonne. Plus there are no buses connecting Newark and Bayonne.

Off peak 133 will go to woodbridge and via 800 routing to old bridge let 61 cover 800's route allowing for 67's demise.

The 133 is never going to Woodbridge, the Howell drivers will have a cow if that happens. The 61 is a US-1 Express (Well it was supposed to go to Trenton) it's not going anywhere but Woodbridge Mall. Let the 800 do its job. It's supposed to connect more towns in Southeast Middlesex County to the mall. The 67's demise? That's funny, that's really funny man. The 67 isn't going to see any kind of demise.

Along with 60 which would allow oceanride's demise then your 390 kills MCAT M1 and rte 130 shuttles.

I never made a 60.

Whats that gonna do? The 848 goes to Hazlet.848 duplicates parts of 133 but then again it would be easier to simply make it one with 818 and add service to 818 running every 20 mins But academy won't allow a NY bound line to try it.

I already said I wasn't changing the 109, what makes you think I'm gonna change it now? that part duplicates many more frequent lines beyond journal sq it is useful to kearny it should go deeper maybe to passiac and be called the 9.

The 2 is long enough. It doesn't need to go to Bayonne. Plus there are no buses connecting Newark and Bayonne Believe me the 2 is NOT that long first the 129 gets a service boost to run more frequently then the segment of the 2 that duplicates it gets axed the 2 would then go to serve county ave from secaucus jct However I do sense there may be a problem adding 129 service to match 2's frequency but this just means 129 becomes every 30 mins at off peak. The 2 gets streamlined in order to allow an extension. A direct bus becomes useless if the connecting train is fast enough

The 133 is never going to Woodbridge, the Howell drivers will have a cow if that happens. The 61 is a US-1 Express (Well it was supposed to go to Trenton) it's not going anywhere but Woodbridge Mall. Let the 800 do its job. It's supposed to connect more towns in Southeast Middlesex County to the mall. The 67's demise? That's funny, that's really funny man. The 67 isn't going to see any kind of demise.True but 67 would get weaker due to surrounding alternatives that would drain it's ridership(unique) again regional lines do better than locals NJT does not like short 800 lines which is why 61 eats it. True 133 at off peak no but 61 may make that useless too.

I never made a 60. NJT did however and without it 67 can not be eliminated.

replies in color Edited by qjtransitmaster

848- No that would be anything but easy.

109- You didn't read what I posted above did you?

109 is now Kearny-Jersey City-New York. It's not getting changed, idc what it duplicates or what's nearby, I'm not changing it again

18- The only thing close enough to a train in Bayonne is the Light Rail. And that doesn't even leave Hudson County. There's no need to do all that. Just let the 18 do its job and connect Newark to Bayonne since the PATH doesn't do it.

133- It doesn't matter whats in the surrounding area. The 67 is still going to get as much ridership as it does now. Even if new routes come into the picture. Remember most people aren't using the 67 to commute locally, they use it to go to Newark/Jersey City.

60- I never knew about this 60. Where did it run to/from?

Speaking of a 60 I decided to give NJ 18 some BRT.

https://maps.google....106971,0.222988

Maybe NJT could get a Federal grant to get this built. And these can be used for the route.

NJTransitNewFlyerXD60GO28drawing.png

Edited by Transitkid4608

848- No that would be anything but easy.

109- You didn't read what I posted above did you?

18- The only thing close enough to a train in Bayonne is the Light Rail. And that doesn't even leave Hudson County. There's no need to do all that. Just let the 18 do its job and connect Newark to Bayonne since the PATH doesn't do it.

133- It doesn't matter whats in the surrounding area. The 67 is still going to get as much ridership as it does now. Even if new routes come into the picture. Remember most people aren't using the 67 to commute locally, they use it to go to Newark/Jersey City.

60- I never knew about this 60. Where did it run to/from?

Speaking of a 60 I decided to give NJ 18 some BRT.

https://maps.google....106971,0.222988

Maybe NJT could get a Federal grant to get this built. And these can be used for the route.

NJTransitNewFlyerXD60GO28drawing.png

I will tell you soon about other things but 60 was a super express version of the 67. PM me for more info I admit we see things differently your style is completely different I try to maximize what the existing lines are before going to new ones Edited by qjtransitmaster

I have been away for some time, but now i had spare time to catch up. I seen proposals for many different routes and what not. i agree with some ideas, others left me scratching my head wondering WTF. So ill get to it

About the 56/57: those routes do need a boost badly. As a former commuter on those lines, being around route 1&9 in the Linden/Elizabeth corridor is scary, especially crossing it. The 57 used to be dead but with the opening of the movie theater in Linden it has gained a bit. Not too sure about the 56 but i agee on the fact that those routes need to be extended. The 57 should be extended to Rahway via 1&9 on some trips as a test, see how ridership goes. As for the 56, im not sure where to put that one. Even though it does serve Winfield on 3 trips on weekdays.

I heard an idea for a route to serve Bayonne - Newark. Sounds great on paper, question is where do you map it. Avenue C, JFK Blvd, Broadway? Throw some ideas and we shall go from there

I heard an idea for a route to serve Bayonne - Newark. Sounds great on paper, question is where do you map it. Avenue C, JFK Blvd, Broadway? Throw some ideas and we shall go from there

Well, I had an idea to send make a route to the Port of Bayonne (see that thread), so maybe it could end there. Either that, or maybe try sending the Broadway Bus over to Newark. I mean, apparently the ridership isn't too high, or else it would run more frequently, so maybe this would be a way of boosting ridership.

Here's something I've wondered about since I was a kid... why not extend some 505 runs to Ocean City? For those of you unfamiliar with the South Jersey Shore, all the islands connect.. the terminus for the 505 is Longport, which is connected to OC via a bridge. It would add on about 10 minutes and open up an alternate route for Ventnor/Margate/LP passengers to get to AC/OC...

It's gotta be rough for those who want to get to OC from Longport now.. it requires them taking the 505 to AC and transfering to the 507/509... I'd rather just walk!

Here's something I've wondered about since I was a kid... why not extend some 505 runs to Ocean City? For those of you unfamiliar with the South Jersey Shore, all the islands connect.. the terminus for the 505 is Longport, which is connected to OC via a bridge. It would add on about 10 minutes and open up an alternate route for Ventnor/Margate/LP passengers to get to AC/OC...

It's gotta be rough for those who want to get to OC from Longport now.. it requires them taking the 505 to AC and transfering to the 507/509... I'd rather just walk!

personally I think the bridge just doesn't allow NJT buses. Those bridges suck but I see your point I will share some proposals soon.

I've decided I'm going to bring back my 61 Jersey City-Trenton express route in light of the recent delays on the NEC.

Otherwise here are some new routes:

14: Newark Airport Terminal C-Journal Square

36: Morristown-Newark

395: West Trenton-New York. Will use I-95, US-1, & NJ Turnpike.

558: Trenton-Atlantic City.

823: Plainfield-Metropark-Perth Amboy.

841: Freehold Mall-Union Beach. Will use NJ-79

852: Old Bridge-Metropark. I'm kinda on the fence about this one. It connects South Amboy and Woodbridge Center to Metropark. But I don't think ppl will use it.

867: Long Branch-Lakewood Terminal. Let me be the first to say there is no connection whatsoever between these two terminals. I don't know of any community shuttles that do this and I don't want any to do it (especially OceanRide). I'd rather have something like this contracted to Veolia.

Edited by Transitkid4608

I've decided I'm going to bring back my 61 Jersey City-Trenton express route in light of the recent delays on the NEC.

Otherwise here are some new routes:

14: Newark Airport Terminal C-Journal Square

36: Morristown-Newark

395: West Trenton-New York. Will use I-95, US-1, & NJ Turnpike.

558: Trenton-Atlantic City.

823: Plainfield-Metropark-Perth Amboy.

841: Freehold Mall-Union Beach. Will use NJ-79

852: Old Bridge-Metropark. I'm kinda on the fence about this one. It connects South Amboy and Woodbridge Center to Metropark. But I don't think ppl will use it.

867: Long Branch-Lakewood Terminal. Let me be the first to say there is no connection whatsoever between these two terminals. I don't know of any community shuttles that do this and I don't want any to do it (especially OceanRide). I'd rather have something like this contracted to Veolia.

Oceanride needs to get axed completely. I like your 558 I was thinking of a route like it but I don't know where to route it. 36 & 14 guranteed FAIL morristown line will win everytime. err you realice PATH's possible extention kills this right. let me guess 867 will use GSP right if so merge it with 831 or let 834 hit GSP and do it. Then again your style is radically different from mine. Again NJT has you beat on 61 idea with us 1 BRT. 841 not needed just add off peak service to 131/135 time it with union beach bound 817s forcing 817 improvement.

852 don't underestimate it at all it should be a GSP express to union and time with other express lines on gsp to irvington and bloomfield I will call those 330 & 331(interlined with 13& go25 ftom irvington)

823 can merge with 819 instead.

395 just no extending 612 via I-95 or reroute of 600 will do. Let 605 go to trenton and eat 611 but your 61 renders 600's trenton segment useless making it easier to reroute 600.

Oceanride needs to get axed completely. I like your 558 I was thinking of a route like it but I don't know where to route it. 36 & 14 guranteed FAIL morristown line will win everytime. err you realice PATH's possible extention kills this right. let me guess 867 will use GSP right if so merge it with 831 or let 834 hit GSP and do it. Then again your style is radically different from mine. Again NJT has you beat on 61 idea with us 1 BRT. 841 not needed just add off peak service to 131/135 time it with union beach bound 817s forcing 817 improvement.

852 don't underestimate it at all it should be a GSP express to union and time with other express lines on gsp to irvington and bloomfield I will call those 330 & 331(interlined with 13& go25 ftom irvington)

395 just no extending 612 via I-95 or reroute of 600 will do. Let 605 go to trenton and eat 611 but your 61 renders 600's trenton segment useless making it easier to reroute 600.

about the 867 Its sounds good but there is service from Asbury Park to Lakewood on the 317 and you can use the train or 837 bus (except on sunday) to connect to the 317 bus(I know the mornings there is a 3 hour gap between the fist bus and the 11:40 bus on the 317)

The 558 It would go to Allentown giving them bus service which there is none and take it down the 539 roadway linking New Egypt and points south to AC

36 & 14 guranteed FAIL morristown line will win everytime. err you realice PATH's possible extention kills this right.

Nah the 36 serves Livingston. It won't duplicate the 70 though, I made sure of it.

The 14 is gonna be there until the PATH extension is complete.

let me guess 867 will use GSP right if so merge it with 831 or let 834 hit GSP and do it.

No it will Route 33 to Route 9.

Again NJT has you beat on 61 idea with us 1 BRT.

Yeah but it hasn't been a definite 'yes' yet.

841 not needed just add off peak service to 131/135 time it with union beach bound 817s forcing 817 improvement.

That will never happen. Just let the 841 do its job. If the 131/135 are gonna run off-peak, they're going to use to same routes they do during the weekdays.

Last time I checked, there was no direct connection from West Trenton to NYC. Think of the people making the interstate journey for once. Edited by Transitkid4608

Nah the 36 serves Livingston. It won't duplicate the 70 though, I made sure of it.

The 14 is gonna be there until the PATH extension is complete.

No it will Route 33 to Route 9.

Yeah but it hasn't been a definite 'yes' yet.

That will never happen. Just let the 841 do its job. If the 131/135 are gonna run off-peak, they're going to use to same routes they do during the weekdays.

Last time I checked, there was no direct connection from West Trenton to NYC. Think of the people making the interstate journey for once.

rte 33 to rte 9 = FAIL just boost 836 service transfer from 139 done. 841 useless local add to 135. 600 & 612 link to NEC killing that 395. try to change existing lines to their fullest before making new lines. I had a feeling 558 was that what is on rte 539?

rte 33 to rte 9 = FAIL just boost 836 service transfer from 139 done. 841 useless local add to 135. 600 & 612 link to NEC killing that 395. try to change existing lines to their fullest before making new lines. I had a feeling 558 was that what is on rte 539?

First off, please stop saying everything I make is either a fail or useless. I don't like being bullied into changing my proposals, just saying.

Green: I re-mapped the 867 so that way now it will not interfere with the 836.

Blue: The 841 wasn't made to replace the 135, it's made to connect Keyport to Freehold.

Red: What if one doesn't want to use the NEC?

Pink: I've decided the 558 would take too long using local roads. It will now use AC Expressway to I-295 instead.

First off, please stop saying everything I make is either a fail or useless. I don't like being bullied into changing my proposals, just saying.

Blue: The 841 wasn't made to replace the 135, it's made to connect Keyport to Freehold.

Pink: I've decided the 558 would take too long using local roads. It will now use AC Expressway to I-295 instead.

Interesting 558. That is the point there are no ppl who dont want NEC read njt history on 330.

I like green and pink I am a bit hard ok I understand your style I will give you a nice link then I will show my style

Interesting 558. That is the point there are no ppl who dont want NEC read njt history on 330.

There are people who don't want to use the NEC. Let's take B35 via Church for example, I've read some of his trip stories about how he had to take the NEC back to NYC. He didn't like it because it was too slow. The NEC can be slow because no matter what Amtrak will have the right of way, which means NJ Transit trains have to stop and wait for them to pass, and if there is a power outage, signal problem, disabled train, etc. the whole system gets f***ed up and passengers become stranded. Take Hurricane Irene for example. When Trenton Transit Center was flooded, people had trouble getting to NYC because no trains ran out of there(obviously), and there were no rail shuttles provided. IMO the NEC is a fun route to fan, but when it gets messed up, it becomes a huge fiasco for passengers. That's why an NYC-Trenton bus route would be vital. It gives NEC riders a backup plan in case something happens.

There are people who don't want to use the NEC. Let's take B35 via Church for example, I've read some of his trip stories about how he had to take the NEC back to NYC. He didn't like it because it was too slow. The NEC can be slow because no matter what Amtrak will have the right of way, which means NJ Transit trains have to stop and wait for them to pass, and if there is a power outage, signal problem, disabled train, etc. the whole system gets f***ed up and passengers become stranded. Take Hurricane Irene for example. When Trenton Transit Center was flooded, people had trouble getting to NYC because no trains ran out of there(obviously), and there were no rail shuttles provided. IMO the NEC is a fun route to fan, but when it gets messed up, it becomes a huge fiasco for passengers. That's why an NYC-Trenton bus route would be vital. It gives NEC riders a backup plan in case something happens.

one problem NEC does not breakdown often enough for this bus route to really take folks off NEC forget rush hr NEC express trains will win everytime so this line will not have people using the full route. If that were the case 330 will still be with us.

one problem NEC does not breakdown often enough for this bus route to really take folks off NEC forget rush hr NEC express trains will win everytime so this line will not have people using the full route. If that were the case 330 will still be with us.

NEC doesn't breakdown often huh? There were delays this morning due to signal maintenance, and delays last week for signal problems. Like I said before, this route is a backup/alternative to the NEC.

BTW the routes you told me about that got cut, most likely didnt fail because the train was there. They probably failed because no one knew they even existed.

even if they did those buses did not shave off enough time to be a feasible alternative to NJCL. Considering the rail is unmatched for INTRASTATE travel. Again you know my stance. My proposal would have extended the cusa 300 select runs replace MCAT M1 and serve rte 130. Another branch eats a portion of M7 and ends at S brunswick. The 400 runs down US 1 thenends at quaker bridge. A new 310 runs via 10 from journal sq to bayonne and via CSI in SI and stops at bricktown mall express to raritan center replaces 814 with more frequent service 30 min off peak. then after N brunswick eats parts of the DASH. Another branch eats parts of 810 via I-278 skips bricktown and serves forest ave in SI then via us 1 absorbs 810 via a streamlined routing replacing it with frequent service. This was why some of my SI/Brooklyn ideas were so extreme. Then 306 via nwk tops it off via US 1 after woodbridge via I-95 skips SI again originating from journal sq. I will reveal it's true form later consider it the greed of markets.

I will define my njt view in a nutshell it involves 4 phases phase 1 the compression warm up involves speeding up some 400 lines and streamlining some 500s Some lines are merged or extended. Phase 2 the speed involves HOV via GSP AND I-295 prepares the merges and most 800 lines in morris become food and monmouth merges a few like a dedicated rte 18 bus. Many will time with intrastates to avoid duplicates. Phase 3 the greed many new lines not exactly some locals become NY bound to GWB from areas not easy to reach see citydata for meaning. Many through lines with stops in SI en rte to middlesex and maybe monmouth. Some will just link with SI or brooklyn via SI expressway. The X line triboro would be a big help but too pricy. Most MCATS and oceanride lines axed completely morris lines become parts of lines to union and maybe hudson(not sure). Phase 4 the final new SJ lines yo wilmington from AC via different places. Several 400s restructured to attract more ridership. More timing with patco and the community county lines bite the dust in phase 4 lines will go to flemington.

Edited by qjtransitmaster