NJT proposals/ideas thread 2012-2013

Lol.... but virtually no one really rides the 317 from asbury to philly..... Lakewood is pretty much a midpoint (although it's not the middle of the route, but you get the idea) for the route's riderbase....

You wanna know why it takes 4 hours!!!!!!!!!!! No one in blue hell is going to use a line that takes 4 hours to get to philly they will drive. 317 is Not practical to get to philly there is no practical way to reach philly from monmouth via transit so they drive.

MOD merge my double post.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

South Jersey ideas:

451/ Shorten route at Haddonfield PATCO, Run via Haddon Ave, Rt. 130, N.Park Dr, Colonial Hwy, Browning Rd, N. Park Dr, Rt. 130, Haddon Ave, Ferry Ave to Ferry Ave PATCO, then to Camden using the 453 routing. [Merging the 451 with the 453].

455 / Terminate route at Haddonfield PATCO. Route is way too long [Cherry Hill Mall to Paulsboro] Sunday service extended to Haddonfield [currently Deptford Mall-Paulsboro]. Haddonfield-Cherry Hill [with extension to Pennsauken] route would be route 465- Extend this route up Haddonfield Rd, Rt. 73, River Road, and Derousse Ave to the Pennsauken Transit Center RL/ACRL station. This route would take a more direct route [Kings Hwy, Grove St which becomes Haddonfield Rd at Rt. 70] to CH Mall - drop low ridership routing thru Kingston Estates.

456 / Mall Link. this route will link Deptford Mall, Voorhees TC, Cherry Hill Mall, and Moorestown Mall. Major roads would be, from Deptford go up Clements Bridge, Evesham, turn at Burnt Mill [going into Ashland PATCO], Laurel Rd, Echelon Rd, Haddonfield-Berlin Rd , loop thru Haddonfield PATCO, Kings Hwy, Chapel Ave, Cooper Landing Rd, Rt. 38, Haddonfield Rd, Go into CH Mall, Church Rd, then follow current 457 route into Moorestown Mall.

NEW 457/ Start at Gloucester City [drop Camden-Gloucester route except for pull ins and pull outs], Market St, Kings Hwy to Lenola Rd, turn south on Lenola to Moorestown Mall, from Moorestown Mall loop around using Nixon Dr, RT. 38, then back on Lenola Rd, Cinnaminson Ave to Palmyra RiverLINE station. Leaving Palmyra, bus would loop on Cinnaminson Ave, Temple Blvd, Main Harbor, and back on Cinnaminson Ave back to Moorestown and Gloucester.

451, 455, 456. 457 woud work on a timed-transfer basis at Haddonfield PATCO.

What do you think of these ideas? Since I live in the South Jersey area the route descriptions are more detailed than most ideas.

Ideas on interstate routes will come in a few days.

There would way too many buses at Haddonfield PATCO... and even a timed-transfer basis is still risky... unless these buses can run every 15-30 minutes....

I will have more to comment later after i map these proposals out

You wanna know why it takes 4 hours!!!!!!!!!!! No one in blue hell is going to use a line that takes 4 hours to get to philly they will drive.

317 is Not practical to get to philly there is no practical way to reach philly from monmouth via transit so they drive.

I already know why it takes 4 hours..... You're talking to someone that rode that route from end to end on a handful of occasions now.....

No one using it is not a reason it takes 4 hours, dude.... Take the time to read what you're saying before you post it....

....and Stop being so melodramatic & emotional.... all those damn exclamation points & shit.....

Anyway, As far as the rest of what you're saying, I don't even think it's that deep/involved....

More like no one in asbury park (or in any of those areas b/w asbury & Pt. Pleasant) is tryna get to philly/camden like that.... and vice versa.

No need this garners more ridership cause going through SI skips heavy parts of meandering through NJTP to GSP even with the stop it's express to MAJOR transfer point in SI then takes people from SI to central NJ AND HUDSON TO SI on the same line it will bring in more revenue than just having 2 routes have 1. The line will have the 69 designation. 60 will NOT go to SI and will go to newark airport and newark like 67 but is super express via GSP with stops at P&R but at rush hr skips many stops super express between cheesequake and old bridge to brick P&R then toms river. Makes additional stops in monmouth county during weekends and off-peak midday and PM northbound other times use academy parkway express service and 549 service at AM rush (both directions) and PM southbound.

I honestly don't see why you want to send a bus that's supposed to express straight to Hudson County after leaving its last stop on NJ-35 to Staten Island. If you want a bus to run between Staten Island and NJ, then have the MTA do it because there is no way in hell NJT will be gung-ho about sending their JC-bound buses through Staten Island.

Not a problem new 317 via monmouth rd and I-195 to asbury park will cut total run time of 317 in half to just a little over 2 hours. So Splitting with veolia becomes the logical move here stopping at jackson P&R and monmouth P&R en rte to there. Ridership will increase thus allowing more service in the longer term.

Limited trips will still serve fort dix but via a faster routing. This new 317 will have a 2 hour run time instead of 4 hours one way.

I've never heard of this Jackson Park/Ride. Where exactly is this because I haven't been to Jackson in quite a while.

I've never heard of this Jackson Park/Ride. Where exactly is this because I haven't been to Jackson in quite a while.

Cedar Swamp Rd off 195

(being technical, it's on progress pl... but you come off 195 and take exit 21 to cedar swamp rd & turn onto progress pl)

Damn thing's out in the middle of nowhere.... Academy buses run from there to PABT.....

Edited by B35 via Church

Cedar Swamp Rd off 195

(being technical, it's on progress pl... but you come off 195 and take exit 21 to cedar swamp rd & turn onto progress pl)

Damn thing's out in the middle of nowhere.... Academy buses run from there to PABT.....

How does Academy expect people to ride a bus from a Park & Ride that isn't even on google maps?

Anyway, I've got some new route and bus proposals.

Routes:

91:https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208174968748802406451.0004ce91ba2b23c2df5f5&msa=0

125: Give that route to Greenville. It's closer to Journal Square than Meadowlands is.

817: I don't know if this route serves the Keansburg Amusement Park or not, but if it doesn't, then have all trips serve the Amusement Park during the summer. That should give ridership a boost.

Look here for the NJT 60 map: https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Buses:

My next bus proposal is to get NJT some new Artics. Not to replace the Neos, but to get some for routes that can't handle the crowding. Like a few of the routes in South Jersey, and those in North(126,128 for example) and Central Jersey(139) They can come in Suburban Style and Transit Style. Which manufacturer would make these, I don't know. But most of these routes are getting too crowded for the MCIs to handle.

More to come soon.

Edited by Transitkid4608

I already know why it takes 4 hours..... You're talking to someone that rode that route from end to end on a handful of occasions now.....

No one using it is not a reason it takes 4 hours, dude.... Take the time to read what you're saying before you post it....

....and Stop being so melodramatic & emotional.... all those damn exclamation points & shit.....

Anyway, As far as the rest of what you're saying, I don't even think it's that deep/involved....

More like no one in asbury park (or in any of those areas b/w asbury & Pt. Pleasant) is tryna get to philly/camden like that.... and vice versa.

You have a point I was saying that 317 was too inconvenient to be a feasible travel option. I am sorry for sounding like an ass.

How does Academy expect people to ride a bus from a Park & Ride that isn't even on google maps?

Routes:

91:https://maps.google....23c2df5f5&msa=0

125: Give that route to Greenville. It's closer to Journal Square than Meadowlands is.

817: I don't know if this route serves the Keansburg Amusement Park or not, but if it doesn't, then have all trips serve the Amusement Park during the summer. That should give ridership a boost.

Look here for the NJT 60 map: https://maps.google....ps?hl=en&tab=wl

Buses:

My next bus proposal is to get NJT some new Artics. Not to replace the Neos, but to get some for routes that can't handle the crowding. Like a few of the routes in South Jersey, and those in North(126,128 for example) and Central Jersey(139) They can come in Suburban Style and Transit Style. Which manufacturer would make these, I don't know. But most of these routes are getting too crowded for the MCIs to handle.

More to come soon.

91 you can't be serious extend select 25 trips done. Don't even know if it's useful. Most will transfer to 94.

Cedar Swamp Rd off 195

DK bro that is middle of nothing

Routes:

91:https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208174968748802406451.0004ce91ba2b23c2df5f5&msa=0

Look here for the NJT 60 map: https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Buses:

More to come soon.

The 91 idea is no good. That part of Vauxhall is served by the 70 and, to a lesser extent, the 25. And as for QJT suggesting extend the 25 to that area is ridiculous. The crowding on that route, delays (bus is late, bus breaks down) to/from Maplewood (Loop or 43rd/ Hilton garage), not mentioning the amount of stops it has on Springfield Ave in both Newark & Irvington is crazy. The 70 doesn't need more extensions, the level of service it has is good.

But i get what you are trying Transitkid, i give you props for it

The 91 idea is no good. That part of Vauxhall is served by the 70 and, to a lesser extent, the 25. And as for QJT suggesting extend the 25 to that area is ridiculous. The crowding on that route, delays (bus is late, bus breaks down) to/from Maplewood (Loop or 43rd/ Hilton garage), not mentioning the amount of stops it has on Springfield Ave in both Newark & Irvington is crazy. The 70 doesn't need more extensions, the level of service it has is good.

Thanks, I really didn't want to run that route on Springfield Avenue, but if I sent it through Elizabeth, it would duplicate the 59. So I had to make it use Springfield. I'll look at some other ways to send it. Plus I wanted it to serve Irvington Terminal.

EDIT: Now it will serve Clinton Ave to Broad Street. https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208174968748802406451.0004ce91ba2b23c2df5f5&msa=0&ll=40.728722,-74.20711&spn=0.026603,0.055747

Edited by Transitkid4608

Thanks, I really didn't want to run that route on Springfield Avenue, but if I sent it through Elizabeth, it would duplicate the 59. So I had to make it use Springfield. I'll look at some other ways to send it. Plus I wanted it to serve Irvington Terminal.

EDIT: Now it will serve Clinton Ave to Broad Street. https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208174968748802406451.0004ce91ba2b23c2df5f5&msa=0&ll=40.728722,-74.20711&spn=0.026603,0.055747

completely not needed just extend select 1 trips over the path to morris ave from vaxhall. The rest duplicates 107/13& 95. Best way extend select 13 trips via that routing to keep corridor service. Without a ton of transfers or even better extend 92

completely not needed just extend select 1 trips over the path to morris ave from vaxhall.

No. Leave the 1's west end at Ivy Hill. It doesn't need to be sent to Morris Ave.

The rest duplicates 107/13& 95. Best way extend select 13 trips via that routing to keep corridor service. Without a ton of transfers or even better extend 92

All of those routes barely serve Clinton Ave. So you can't say my 91 duplicates those routes just because it runs along one road that three other buses just so happen to use later down said road. Edited by Transitkid4608

No. Leave the 1's west end at Ivy Hill. It doesn't need to be sent to Morris Ave.

All of those routes barely serve Clinton Ave. So you can't say my 91 duplicates those routes just because it runs along one road that three other buses just so happen to use later down said road.

I said it's an option but I prefer 92 to just go down clinton and to morris ave via vaxhaul just extend 92 no need to create a whole new route. Your forgetting NJT's budget buddy you can't add new routes everywhere unless there are no other options such as in SJ where there are no other options. So yeah 1 may not need to be touched.

Your right 25 is too long but it was fast everytime I took it am I just lucky?

Based on your and regular experience

Your right 25 is too long but it was fast everytime I took it am I just lucky?

Based on your and regular experience

There are few times the 25 is empty and quick, i usually take the 70 that goes via Vauxhall to Newark around lunch time, much more empty and faster. I used to live on Springfield Ave in Maplewood so i know how frequent buses are

There are few times the 25 is empty and quick, i usually take the 70 that goes via Vauxhall to Newark around lunch time, much more empty and faster. I used to live on Springfield Ave in Maplewood so i know how frequent buses are

is a LTD stop needed to run more frequently? like full-time LTD? Edited by qjtransitmaster

I would like to test it out first to see if it goes well. All i am gonna do is add 3 stops after Irvington Terminal:

Springfield Ave @ New St

Springfield Ave @ Stuyvesant Ave

Springfield Ave @ 43rd St/ Hilton garage

I would like to test it out first to see if it goes well. All i am gonna do is add 3 stops after Irvington Terminal:

Springfield Ave @ New St

Springfield Ave @ Stuyvesant Ave

Springfield Ave @ 43rd St/ Hilton garage

Also last bus runs at 11 PM Monday-Saturday, 10PM Sundays

I guess it can work, and the good thing is that it does bring down deadhead costs

I guess it can work, and the good thing is that it does bring down deadhead costs

what deadhead? the 25 drivers mostly before their shift is over they do one more trip until 43rd St. then turn to the garage which is one block down. My proposal for the go25 extension is soften up passenger loads along the route for the regular 25. Instead of terminating at Irvington Terminal, it will start/end at 43rd St/ Hilton garage along the 3 proposed stops before/ after the Terminal. If you want to see how bad the crowding gets, try waiting for it late at night which i had to put up with (late as hell coming from the Correctional Center, and at standing room only once it stops at Broad & Market for example). Run schedule is from 6:30AM-11PM monday to saturday, 8AM-10PM sundays

https://maps.google....221037,0.528374

Bus proposals part 2. My main intent here was to start routes at places of interest to generate ridership to/from these points.

847 duplicates Academy's rte 36 and shore points service negative just enhance those services. 829 duplicates a part of 833 negative let a new bus 330 express from bloomfield RR station stops at union at morris ave and rte 22 and metropark RR then old bridge and cheesequake to redbank some trips via tilton ave @ rush to LB use academy other times. Other to redbank RR timed with 832 sneaky plan 2.

I like the 60 but it should go keansburg. 844 is interesting has me thinking about something sneaky.

386 as long as CUSA suburban exists THEY WILL NEVER ALLOW IT!!!!! Just extend Suburban if demand is really there. Your better off extending 602 to princeton I have seen 518 deserted you sure a bus will work for just that area?

95 better idea extend 92 to union time with 94 linden.

I like 47 sort of.

409 express not needed it exists it's called 418 runs like shit though. If it will take 1 hour and 9 mins then it's pointless and useless the Riverline does it in the same amount of time.

398 is just a rerouted 409. I'd have it serve rte 537 to freehold. Keep 409 designation. But you did peak my interest I think others should comment too soon.

I will admit for your age you have many ideas with good intentions but some of them reflect your lack of research on ALL transit services in NJ and with zero regard for existing services at all whatsoever.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

847 duplicates Academy's rte 36 and shore points service negative just enhance those services.

Rt. 36 doesn't go to Asbury Park so it doesn't duplicate it completely. You have to remember the difference between duplicating and paralleling. The 847 parallels Academy Route 36 until East Long Branch, after that its on its own until it meets up with the Shore Points line and they parallel each other to Asbury Park. If it duplicated it, it would go to NYC and it would end in Long Branch.

829 duplicates a part of 833 negative let a new bus 330 express from bloomfield RR station stops at union at morris ave and rte 22 and metropark RR then old bridge and cheesequake to redbank some trips via tilton ave @ rush to LB use academy other times. Other to redbank RR timed with 832 sneaky plan 2.

It doesn't make a difference what it runs alongside. All that matters is having a bus serve Monmouth Racetrack.

I like the 60 but it should go keansburg. 844 is interesting has me thinking about something sneaky.

I originally wanted it to go to Keansburg, but google maps was acting stupid.

386 as long as CUSA suburban exists THEY WILL NEVER ALLOW IT!!!!! Just extend Suburban if demand is really there. Your better off extending 602 to princeton I have seen 518 deserted you sure a bus will work for just that area?

First off, calm down. There's no need to fly off the handle like that. Second, To tell you the truth Suburban won't care about how or where that bus runs. As long as its not affecting their runs (which it won't since it's only passing through New Brunswick) everything will be fine. See that's how I think, if I make a route that's near a contracted or existing line, I try to make sure that the most it does is share a road and a few stops with it.

95 better idea extend 92 to union time with 94 linden.

Nah, leave the 92 in South Orange. It connects with my 95 better.

409 express not needed it exists it's called 418 runs like shit though. If it will take 1 hour and 9 mins then it's pointless and useless the Riverline does it in the same amount of time.

Yeah, but this more direct. People going from Trenton to Philly who don't wanna use the SEPTA train can use this instead.

398 is just a rerouted 409. I'd have it serve rte 537 to freehold. Keep 409 designation. But you did peak my interest I think others should comment too soon.

This is another route with road sharing. The only stop it makes on US-130 is Burlington. From there it goes straight to Philadelphia.

your lack of research on ALL transit services in NJ and with zero regard for existing services at all whatsoever.

I don't have time to research every single bus route in NJ. I have school, homework, and a life. I make these routes when I have free time.