NJT proposals/ideas thread 2012-2013

The areas east and west of Broadway can be best described as war zones with bombed out buildings.  On Broadway itself, the main drag has more ho's than people out in the streets.  The 450 is best left alone in it's current state, save for extending the bus from Cherry Hill Mall, via Haddonfield Rd, Rt. 73, Remington Ave/National Hwy, J. Tipton Blvd, River Rd, and Derousse Ave to the new PTC [Pennsauken Transit Center RL/ACRL Station].

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The areas east and west of Broadway can be best described as war zones with bombed out buildings.  On Broadway itself, the main drag has more ho's than people out in the streets.  The 450 is best left alone in it's current state, save for extending the bus from Cherry Hill Mall, via Haddonfield Rd, Rt. 73, Remington Ave/National Hwy, J. Tipton Blvd, River Rd, and Derousse Ave to the new PTC [Pennsauken Transit Center RL/ACRL Station].

I know that there's a lot of burned out buildings, but there might still be enough demand for a coverage-level route, with the remaining residents in that area.

err I'd cut the 450's loses and go to philly airport via south philly eliminating it's broadway segment as people mosytly transfer between this line and others to get to camden anyway. Broadway is a lost cause and service along it should get reduced meaning more X trips on the woodbury lines.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

err I'd cut the 450's loses and go to philly airport via south philly eliminating it's broadway segment as people mosytly transfer between this line and others to get to camden anyway. Broadway is a lost cause and service along it should get reduced meaning more X trips on the woodbury lines.

Why would somebody transfer from the 450 to a Broadway line to get to Camden (I assume you mean "Downtown" Camden with the WRTC), when the 450 already goes there. Unless you mean they're transferring to southbound buses going away from Camden (towards Woodbury and so on).

Why would somebody transfer from the 450 to a Broadway line to get to Camden (I assume you mean "Downtown" Camden with the WRTC), when the 450 already goes there. Unless you mean they're transferring to southbound buses going away from Camden (towards Woodbury and so on).

cause they already do transfer. 450 takes a very indirect route to camden therefore it is faster to transfer to a more direct route to get to camden either by switching to the 403 or 400 or PATCO or what ever crosses it depending on where along 450's route you are. OR 406 again 450 is mainly used as a crosstown bus moreso than an actual camden bus. Southbound buses on broadway yes you are right. Cause those going to WRTC would have switched off to 403/400 or PATCO already. Edited by qjtransitmaster

new 60 via 67's Ocean route between Brick plaza and dover P&R then via GSP stops at wal-mart and wall township P&R then cheese quake express. At rush hr 60 skips monmouth county stops direct to brick P&R then toms river then replaces parts of OC7.

If you're trying to replace the OceanRide lines, that ain't the way to do it. You could just make local lines for Ocean County to replace the fixed ones. No ones gonna use a bus between Dover and Brick. Regardless of it using the GSP. If anybody down there in Ocean County is using the bus, it's to get to Newark or New York. I don't think anyone from that general area or Cheesequake for that matter is gonna want Dover. Those people want either Newark, Hudson County, or New York. But if you're trying to get people from Dover to use this line to go to the shore, then run it in the summer only.

If you're trying to replace the OceanRide lines, that ain't the way to do it. You could just make local lines for Ocean County to replace the fixed ones. No ones gonna use a bus between Dover and Brick. Regardless of it using the GSP. If anybody down there in Ocean County is using the bus, it's to get to Newark or New York. I don't think anyone from that general area or Cheesequake for that matter is gonna want Dover. Those people want either Newark, Hudson County, or New York. But if you're trying to get people from Dover to use this line to go to the shore, then run it in the summer only.

It is too costly to make new local lines it's cheaper to just restructure or extend NJT lines as due to fare structure NJT would get more revenue and thus cheaper cost per passenger this way there is a reason why I plan this way. Why you think oceanride is so infrequent? Funding isn't there for NJT local 800s lines to replace OC lines. People going to the shore would switch between 60 & crosstown lines like 836/832 ect. My plan eats those however. 836 replaced by a more frequent line originating from trenton. And 831/837 merged with 818 to form a rte 18 crosstown line and link to long branch from other lines I will specify later. Those stops are to get riders there to get to newark actually on that 60. Non stop from dover is not going to get many newark riders outside rush alone. Which is why it has those stops BUT due to academy at rush making those stops 60 goes super express at that time. Edited by qjtransitmaster

The advantage to my plan is people who live along oceanride bus lines will get more service and a one seat ride to either philly, newark or NYC or trenton if my plan is done in full one can get a 2 seat ride to allentown and Doylestown.

im confused about the proposal, you are trying to make Trans-Bridge serve more stops in NJ??? and about Dover (assuming its the one in NW NJ), most of the people there prefer to go to NYC than Philly. Trans-Bridge shouldnt be messed with

im confused about the proposal, you are trying to make Trans-Bridge serve more stops in NJ??? and about Dover (assuming its the one in NW NJ), most of the people there prefer to go to NYC than Philly. Trans-Bridge shouldnt be messed with

Not exactly. And about Dover I am talking about the dover P&R at toms river I know they prefer NYC over philly that is just another option to enhance connectivity and link people to job centers in marlton as well via 406 extension and restructuring. As for trans-bridge only their flemington route would be affected meaning it will take a more direct route to NYC but due to traffic and employment in NJ it goes via piscataway if ridership increases then more service is added. But the dover I am talking about is toms river in ocean county not morris county. The main line that was once 350 left alone. Due to hunterdon being well dead. However I admit you raise a good point If trans bridge shouldn't go by piscataway then it won't need to just add a stop at bridgewater commons en rte to NYC those for piscataway would transfer to a modified regional route 813 which would link perth amboy and metuchen with piscataway and morris county at parsippany killing off 875 afterward from serving those business parks there via I-287. Those to raritan center would instead use the extended 819 which would replace 813 south of metuchen.

those for piscataway would transfer to a modified regional route 813 which would link perth amboy and metuchen with piscataway and morris county at parsippany killing off 875 afterward from serving those business parks there via I-287.

Everybody and their mama knows that the 813 has no business going to Morris County, let alone past Metuchen at all. If you go back a few pages, you'll see that B35 via Church and I discussed having a route from Perth Amboy to Plainfield. That's as far as most of the Middlesex 800s currently go anyway. Well this new line may break that record.

NJT 824:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208174968748802406451.0004dbd9aa875bc1e40a4&msa=0&ll=40.653099,-74.403877&spn=0.053201,0.111494

NJT 815 change (still a Work In Progress) : https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208174968748802406451.0004dbd9cb1951fa4ab38&msa=0

Don't criticize this one too much, I'm still working on what to do with the 815.

Everybody and their mama knows that the 813 has no business going to Morris County, let alone past Metuchen at all. If you go back a few pages, you'll see that B35 via Church and I discussed having a route from Perth Amboy to Plainfield. That's as far as most of the Middlesex 800s currently go anyway. Well this new line may break that record.

NJT 824:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208174968748802406451.0004dbd9aa875bc1e40a4&msa=0&ll=40.653099,-74.403877&spn=0.053201,0.111494

NJT 815 change (still a Work In Progress) : https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208174968748802406451.0004dbd9cb1951fa4ab38&msa=0

Don't criticize this one too much, I'm still working on what to do with the 815.

you have to see my full plan in order to understand alone it isn't gonna fly I will specify it in easier terms soon later into june.

IT is more than just 813 way beyond that. 611 would go to bedminster after merging with parts of the 605 via rte 1 thus cutting back the 600 so 600 can focus on those business sites around princeton jct. The 611 can replace SCOOT peak killing it completely so yeah connections to other lines at bridgewater commons and a new enhanced 117 for the rte 22 corridor mostly former 114 DH runs. And another implementation that may be used instead.

Err you can make that absorb the other 819 branch but renumbering it 824 is a good idea. Or extension of 986 to New brunswick via this 824 routing. Besides the 986 is based out of New brunswick anyway this eliminates DHs that can be costly.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

• 2 weeks later...

NJT 824:

A New Brunswick-Westfield route seems arbitrary.... Maybe you have some rhyme or reason to it that I'm simply unaware of....

Any particular reason you thought up this route; What was your logic?

A New Brunswick-Westfield route seems arbitrary.... Maybe you have some rhyme or reason to it that I'm simply unaware of....

Any particular reason you thought up this route; What was your logic?

The other day I was in Piscataway (directly across the river from New Brunswick) and I was wondering why there weren't any buses that went from New Brunswick that served Piscataway. So I decided to draw one up, and when I was doing that I thought "Why not send it out to Plainfield for a better connection between the NEC and RVL?" I ended up sending it out to Westfield since I thought it could follow the 59 there once it reached Plainfield, and gain some ridership from downtown Westfield. Though i may cut it back to Plainfield and have some trips go out to Westfield during rush hour.

if i was the president or ceo of Njtransit , i would enforce all bus contractor to put in the clever device that tell you where they are on their route. i was riding the academy last night and it was hard to tell where i am unless i look out the front window from the aisle.

I think something definitely needs to go from SI to the Woodbridge Mall. But that should be the MTA's responsibility and not NJT's, that would serve much more NY residents than NJ.

Pretty much anything that goes NJ-SI is gonna primarily serve NY residents, so let the MTA pick up the tab. We run enough service to NY (Manhattan) as it is, and those services for the most part primarily serve NJ residents.