NJT proposals/ideas thread 2012-2013

Tell me about it. What the hell kind of route operates Tuesdays only??? With like 2 trips a day.

I can see why Pinepower was complaining that NJT should take them over.

Plz DO NOT GET ME STARTED I CAN'T talk about ocean ride a.k.a OCEANSHIT without cussing. So I will let my anime hero describe it perfectly click here
and
Seriously words alone can't describe the FAIL OCEANRIDE IS EVEN GODLY FACEPALM AINT ENOUGH!!!! who ever came up with the schedule must have been on METH OHH FYI NJT FUNDS THIS DISASTER

Do you really think anyone taking the 319 would hop aboard those RTS' that run on the 830.....

huh?

What airport is there along the 317 b/w Pt. Pleasant beach & Lakewood ?

lol....

I admit my completed njt proposal forces 830 to go mci or nabi or devours it by another line. Here is a history lesson NJT used to run an express bus to fort dix for military personnel directly from nyc/hudson waterfront it was called 307.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plz DO NOT GET ME STARTED I CAN'T talk about ocean ride a.k.a OCEANSHIT without cussing. So I will let my anime hero describe it perfectly click here

and

I admit my completed njt proposal forces 830 to go mci or nabi or devours it by another line. Here is a history lesson NJT used to run an express bus to fort dix for military personnel directly from nyc/hudson waterfront it was called 307.

Now 307 is a route going to Six Flags

Now 307 is a route going to Six Flags

True the current 307 is a six flags route. However years ago the 307 designation was used for a fort dix express line to nyc/hudson. I think it was cut in the early 1990s then early 2000s 307 designation was reused for a new six flags route which is todays 307. Sadly I wanted to learn about NJT's historical 304 & 325 lines saddlebrook to newark airport express and vince lombardi to newark respectively

Speaking of Six flags, I wonder how well the 307 & the 318 are used.....

I know the 308 out of PABT gets packed....

I heard that the first Saturday the 318 resumed service, Newton Ave had to send another MCI to Greyhound Terminal because it was too crowded there

So these buses operate like a jitney service, but with MCI's

Pretty much, the 307 just shuttles Six Flags workers up and down County Rt 537 between Freehold Mall and Six Flags. They used to stop at Jackson Premium Outlets, but they no longer stop there this year. Since its 3 zones, the fare should be $2.55

Isn't it like walking through mixed forest and stuff like that.

The walk feels almost endless its so bad random strangers driving by will feel sorry for you and offer you a ride even young womenor teens YES Teens will offer you a ride its that empty. I know I got a cop to drive me to 317 after leaving the bank at cream ridge. If coming from elsewhere take a bus direct. In va I got a ride from a stranger to trader joes

How far is the walk from great adventures to rt 528 (in other words, to the #317) ?

always wanted to ride the 308...

If money spares I'd ride a 308 outta pabt or Newark then take the 307 to 139 then to Lakewood for the 317. Dont attempt that walk lol.

But the walk is an hour shorter than that, although I rather have comfort then aches and pains. I'll take the bus

I am very impatient with schedules so I will walk and catch the 317 instead of having a wait over 2 hours and wasted bus travel time. Besides I can get rides sometimes never underestimate the kindness of SJ folks you'd be surprised how good your odds are for getting a ride.

Those changes, including the 181 Sunday service removal, will take effect September 1st

Oy. There better be some service on the 84 to take place of the people that needs to get to Nunguessers on Sunday Mornings or there will be some backlash. I still think if the 181 is going byebye, have one trip on the 84 start at the light rail station on 49th and Bergenline, and then continue it as the 89 all day, I think it's 1 or 2 on the 89 on Sundays.

Pretty much, the 307 just shuttles Six Flags workers up and down County Rt 537 between Freehold Mall and Six Flags. They used to stop at Jackson Premium Outlets, but they no longer stop there this year. Since its 3 zones, the fare should be $2.55

So the bus passes by but doesn't stop there anymore? The outlets are right on 537. I would like to take a trip down there, but not to Six Flags. The main goal is to check out the Colliers Mills Preserve which is right by Six Flags.

sort of but I walked on a road that was UTTERLY DESERTED NO LIFE whatsoever just nothing. But a long ass hike through nowhere I had a hard time believing a bus even ran through there.

So you were in the world famous NJ Pine Barrens.

Yeah I've been on plenty of walks like that.

doverrd62.jpg

If money spares I'd ride a 308 outta pabt or Newark then take the 307 to 139 then to Lakewood for the 317. Dont attempt that walk lol.

Afraid of the JD? Always amazes me how city folk are so afraid of the pines. To me there's nothing more soothing than being with nature on a deserted road, or better yet, on a sand trail in the woods. Google Earth has that walk at about 7-8miles. I've walked way more than that, from Toms River Bus Terminal all the way to Double Trouble and back. Then there was that walk from Manasquan train station along the bike path to Allaire State Park and then to US 9 in Howell. As long as it's not hot (below 80) there's no place I'd rather be but with those Great Shapes.

ONE.jpg