NJT proposals/ideas thread 2012-2013

Speaking of South Jersey.

ACY Atlantic City International Airport. This airport needs NJ Transit bus service!

I took a flight out of there in May 2011 and I walked four miles from Black Horse Pike to the terminal (319 PABT to 502), rolling suitcase in hand.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ACY Atlantic City International Airport. This airport needs NJ Transit bus service!

I took a flight out of there in May 2011 and I walked four miles from Black Horse Pike to the terminal (319 PABT to 502), rolling suitcase in hand.

That airport sucks, as well as the airline that serves it.

Can I hear it for JFK AND JETBLUE?

Oy. There better be some service on the 84 to take place of the people that needs to get to Nunguessers on Sunday Mornings or there will be some backlash. I still think if the 181 is going byebye, have one trip on the 84 start at the light rail station on 49th and Bergenline, and then continue it as the 89 all day, I think it's 1 or 2 on the 89 on Sundays.

Don't be surprised if NJT modifies the 84 to do so. They can easily add service to 156 and 84 to compensate for 181's complete demise which wouldn't surprise me.

The 307 doesn't stop at the outlets anymore? The f**k?

While we're on the topic, why the hell is it a Howell route with MCIs? It should be contracted out to Veolia like the other Monmouth County local routes, the RTSes (soon to be CRAPBIs) should do fine on that.

Unless your proposing an extension of the 836 or 833 then nope. 307 is a quick shot to howell who has extra buses to spare that Veolia doesn't have. If anything NJT should give veolia the boot and takeover the lines then converge lines for a more linked up system. This could eliminate 317's DH milage just like that.

Afraid of the JD? Always amazes me how city folk are so afraid of the pines. To me there's nothing more soothing than being with nature on a deserted road, or better yet, on a sand trail in the woods. Google Earth has that walk at about 7-8miles. I've walked way more than that, from Toms River Bus Terminal all the way to Double Trouble and back. Then there was that walk from Manasquan train station along the bike path to Allaire State Park and then to US 9 in Howell. As long as it's not hot (below 80) there's no place I'd rather be but with those Great Shapes.

ONE.jpg

Thanks now I feel less stupid for attempting the walk. I am glad I wasn't the only one does these insane walks through NJ. You know an area is deserted when someone calls the cops to give you a lift to the bus stop. Yes at one time I was at a bank there and a banker overheard me talking about missing the 317 bus later on a cop came and gave me the pat down then drove me to the 317 literally 2 seconds later the 317 showed up I thanked the cop. Then boarded 317 to get to 139 so I wouldn't miss class.

That airport sucks, as well as the airline that serves it.

Can I hear it for JFK AND JETBLUE?

Err don't multiple airlines serve that airport?

I would definately go any length to avoid taking a taxi! I thought the airport provided a shuttle bus to the Egg Harbor train station though. Must've been an odd site to be walking along a Pine Barren road with a rolling suitcase. No one offerred you a lift?

Damn! :o

The problem is that the airport is in the middle of nowhere, so it would basically be a shuttle to a bus terminal.

Maybe it could start at Philadelphia Avenue & Duerer Street in Egg Harbor City, go down Titon Road, serve the airport, and then continue down Titon Road to Atlantic City. Either that, or go to Abescon and take the #554 route to Atlantic City (I think it's important for it to connect to the bus terminal for all the connections and everything).

Besides I can get rides sometimes never underestimate the kindness of SJ folks you'd be surprised how good your odds are for getting a ride.

They can be as kind as they want.... I aint all quick to jump in anyone else's car.....

Afraid of the JD? Always amazes me how city folk are so afraid of the pines. To me there's nothing more soothing than being with nature on a deserted road, or better yet, on a sand trail in the woods. Google Earth has that walk at about 7-8miles. I've walked way more than that, from Toms River Bus Terminal all the way to Double Trouble and back. Then there was that walk from Manasquan train station along the bike path to Allaire State Park and then to US 9 in Howell. As long as it's not hot (below 80) there's no place I'd rather be but with those Great Shapes.

Good for you.... Aint no one here thinkin about some god damn pines.....

Damn! :o

The problem is that the airport is in the middle of nowhere, so it would basically be a shuttle to a bus terminal.

Maybe it could start at Philadelphia Avenue & Duerer Street in Egg Harbor City, go down Titon Road, serve the airport, and then continue down Titon Road to Atlantic City.

Either that, or go to Abescon and take the #554 route to Atlantic City

(I think it's important for it to connect to the bus terminal for all the connections and everything).

I wouldn't start a route in Egg Harbor City..... that would be like starting a route in prince's bay or pleasant plains or something.....

If there's even demand for NJT service to/from the airport, going through Absecon (pronounced ab-see-kin) & pleasantville to AC would be a much better bet, since a slew of pax anyway already wait for buses over in pleasantville.....

The only question I have is.... Is there currently a shuttle bus service b/w the airport & AC itself ?

(something like NYAS, like we have here in NYC)

Edited by B35 via Church

I wouldn't start a route in Egg Harbor City..... that would be like starting a route in prince's bay or pleasant plains or something.....

If there's even demand for NJT service to/from the airport, going through Absecon (pronounced ab-see-kin) & pleasantville to AC would be a much better bet, since a slew of pax anyway already wait for buses over in pleasantville.....

The only question I have is.... Is there currently a shuttle bus service b/w the airport & AC itself ?

(something like NYAS, like we have here in NYC)

Wasn't that airport supposed to be purchased by Port Authority of New York and New Jersey?

And here's the shuttle schedule. You can tell its not enough.

http://www.sjta.com/acairport/pdf/forwebEggHarbor.pdf

Edited by mfs NJT459

Wasn't that airport supposed to be purchased by Port Authority of New York and New Jersey?

http://www.sjta.com/acairport/pdf/forwebEggHarbor.pdf

I would make a route running every hour from Atlantic City Airport to Journal Square or Newark named the 558

I would make a route running every hour from Atlantic City Airport to Journal Square or Newark named the 558

That seems too long of a route. I just want it to be from AC Airport to AC Bus Terminal numbered 550 running every hour

Edited by mfs NJT459

http://www.sjta.com/...ebEggHarbor.pdf

Well, I guess the crappy shuttle schedule is timed with the crappy headways on the AC Rail Line.

I don't think there's a whole lot of demand to get to the NYC area. It's mostly for South NJ, and it's not that big an airport (at least, I think it isn't)

Well, I guess the crappy shuttle schedule is timed with the crappy headways on the AC Rail Line.

I don't think there's a whole lot of demand to get to the NYC area. It's mostly for South NJ, and it's not that big an airport (at least, I think it isn't)

How does it compare to Islip (which sees regular bus service Mon-Sat on the S57)?

440: Woodbridge-Staten Island-Rt. 440 Express.

Hell yeah! Central NJ needs a public transit link to Staten Island, one from Woodbridge to SI would probably get great ridership because already a lot of people from SI shop at the Woodbridge mall. They could probably operate it middays and weekends too instead of rush hours only like the S89. Though I don't know if it should be NJT or MTA operated. I guess NJT, since the MTA already has the S89. I'd love to see more Orions on the streets of Jersey, but I guess it'd also be interesting seeing RTSes./NABIs on Staten Island.

I've got a proposal.

103: Montclair-East Orange-New York

331: Sandy Hook-New York. Parking is a b***h down there.

380: Tinton Falls-PNC Bank Arts Center-New York. Lotta Concerts @ the PNC nowadays and Academy cant pick up the slack alone.

decamp runs a similar route 103 not needed. 380 was formerly operated by NJT as323 now Academy runs a route that does just that. 440 well why not the simple solution of extending 810 to CSI done. Or 819 via middlesex college and raritan center weekdays. Weekends via 440 express. Now 819 needs weekend service. But 810 is a better option. But the easy way is to extend S56 to metropark via woodbridge center closed door in NJ. While S55 goes to old bridge via cheesequakeP&R and 813 for perth amboy to SI.

Hell yeah! Central NJ needs a public transit link to Staten Island, one from Woodbridge to SI would probably get great ridership because already a lot of people from SI shop at the Woodbridge mall. They could probably operate it middays and weekends too instead of rush hours only like the S89. Though I don't know if it should be NJT or MTA operated. I guess NJT, since the MTA already has the S89. I'd love to see more Orions on the streets of Jersey, but I guess it'd also be interesting seeing RTSes./NABIs on Staten Island.

It's better off as S56 extension.

I've got a proposal.

380: Tinton Falls-PNC Bank Arts Center-New York. Lotta Concerts @ the PNC nowadays and Academy cant pick up the slack alone.

decamp runs a similar route 103 not needed. 380 was formerly operated by NJT as323 now Academy runs a route that does just that. 440 well why not the simple solution of extending 810 to CSI done. Or 819 via middlesex college and raritan center weekdays. Weekends via 440 express. Now 819 needs weekend service. But 810 is a better option. But the easy way is to extend S56 to metropark via woodbridge center closed door in NJ. While S55 goes to old bridge via cheesequakeP&R and 813 for perth amboy to SI.

It's better off as S56 extension.

I've got a proposal.

look at NJT history before coming up with routes look at their wiki. Isnt there a shuttle in sandy hook

Academy runs a route that does just that.

Yeah I know. I made that route to help out Academy when there are concerts at PNC, and to serve Tinton Falls when Academy can't.

440 well why not the simple solution of extending 810 to CSI done.

Did you read me put in 440 Express? Thats the point of an Express to go straight to its destination with only one or two stops, which would be Woodbridge & Menlo Malls before hopping on 440 and going straight to Outerbridge P&R

the easy way is to extend S56 to metropark via woodbridge center closed door in NJ. While S55 goes to old bridge via cheesequakeP&R and 813 for perth amboy to SI.

S56 to Metropark? Do you have any idea how far Metropark is from SI?

S55 to Old Bridge via Cheesequake P&R that depends which part of Old Bridge you're talking about.

Edited by Transitkid4608

S55 to Old Bridge via Cheesequake P&R that depends which part of Old Bridge you're talking about.

From SI to Metropark? Not only would you have to extend the S56 9 miles there, but the shortest path would be via 440 to local streets to the garden state parkway

Edited by Q23 Central Term

Yeah I know. I made that route to help out Academy when there are concerts at PNC, and to serve Tinton Falls when Academy can't.

Did you read me put in 440 Express? Thats the point of an Express to go straight to its destination with only one or two stops, which would be Woodbridge & Menlo Malls before hopping on 440 and going straight to Outerbridge P&R

440 is just some short route 810's extension will also be express. IF academy needs help just add more buses.

From SI to Metropark? Not only would you have to extend the S56 9 miles there, but the shortest path would be via 440 to local streets to the garden state parkway

ANYTHING TO ADD RIDERSHIP!!!!! get it. Ok then S56 actually will serve woodbridge mall on the way back to SI from METROPARK. It is at the most 15 mins or less on the GSP from 440.

S56 will serve woodbridge mall from metropark en rte to SI it will be a loop in NJ 1st stop is metropark then woodbridge mall then back to SI. S55 to old bridge park and ride for NJT 139. Due to academy's contract ONLY ACADEMY can run buses from nyc to Pnc Due to agreement with NJT AND NJDOT!!! In a sense S56 will be a 440 express. This links new brunswick with SI and mercer county. This is literally one of the few ways to increase ridership on it face it you need extreme measures to make those 2 SI lines relavent

S56 will serve woodbridge mall from metropark en rte to SI it will be a loop in NJ 1st stop is metropark then woodbridge mall then back to SI. S55 to old bridge park and ride for NJT 139. Due to academy's contract ONLY ACADEMY can run buses from nyc to Pnc Due to agreement with NJT AND NJDOT!!! In a sense S56 will be a 440 express. This links new brunswick with SI and mercer county. This is literally one of the few ways to increase ridership on it face it you need extreme measures to make those 2 SI lines relavent