Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
sid76

Premployment Drug Test

I have an upcoming physical at livingston. I currently take two prescription medications. What kind of a drug test do they give? I havent had a problem at my previous jobs with taking them and they were DOT drug tests. I dont want them to hold the medications against me. One medication im done taking this week and the other I have been on for years.

I have an upcoming physical at livingston. I currently take two prescription medications. What kind of a drug test do they give? I havent had a problem at my previous jobs with taking them and they were DOT drug tests. I dont want them to hold the medications against me. One medication im done taking this week and the other I have been on for years.

I'm not a T/O or B/O but I can give you an answer. The drug test that give you, a 10 panel urine screen, detects everything in your system. I would advise you to tell the MTA in advance about your prescriptions so they can mark them off the results of your drug test.

I did the urinalysis in Jan and I’m waiting for a call back for the position I put in for (waiting for people to retire is what the recruiter told me) so I’m guessing that I will have to retake the urinalysis. All that was done is you go in to the lab in the same building, put your outer garments in a locker, and go in a bathroom n pee in a cup.

When I went in, I mentioned my meds to the screener as soon as I entered the room. Screener said that it didn't matter. I understand now that they are simply a part of the process. They can't clear you should you screen positive. So, leave your meds at home.

For any prescribed meds, I'd say prepare to be put on medical hold. You can possibly speed things up by having your doctor write a letter describing your med history, treatment plan, and future outlook, etc. That's just an idea of what to expect. At MAC, the doctor will tell you EXACTLY what you need to bring.

I know some might be tempted to fib to avoid hold, but consider the ramifications should the issue come up in the future. If it is discovered as pre-existing, one is guilty of omission. I imagine some type of disciplinary action, firing, etc. would be in the near future. Be honest...ESPECIALLY about major and/or current issues.

I'm a new jack, so this is only MY experience and not necessarily a definitive one. I imagine it's pretty commonplace though. Good luck!

Edited by thirdrailfail

They're looking for 'abuse' type drugs & alcohol really. Bring your script bottles with you, but you probaly wont need them. Medical holds ARE NOT the worst thing. Once hired, you can file a grievance & can usually get your seniority restored to where you would have been on the senioity roster had you not been put on hold.

• Upvote 1

Hello all, I took the drug/alcohol test on Monday, February 22 for train operator. I had quite a few glasses of wine the night of the 20th, was my mothers 60th birthday party and was just having a good time and celebrating. What are the chances of passing the test?

Hello all, I took the drug/alcohol test on Monday, February 22 for train operator. I had quite a few glasses of wine the night of the 20th, was my mothers 60th birthday party and was just having a good time and celebrating. What are the chances of passing the test?

It takes 8 hours for alcohol to get out your system. If you had the drinks on the 20th and your test was the 22nd youre good.

They're looking for 'abuse' type drugs & alcohol really.

IMHO, this short sentence are what the drug tests are all about.

It takes 8 hours for alcohol to get out your system. If you had the drinks on the 20th and your test was the 22nd youre good.

Thank you.

Question i had taken i pre-employment drug test and i am waiting on my result about 3 months ago i had on to California and starting experiencing pain from a surgery that i previous had and was prescribed medical marijuana for pain i should be clean by now but IF it were to show up would it blow my chance of employment ?

Question i had taken i pre-employment drug test and i am waiting on my result about 3 months ago i had on to California and starting experiencing pain from a surgery that i previous had and was prescribed medical marijuana for pain i should be clean by now but IF it were to show up would it blow my chance of employment ?

Your answer is in here. This was actually discussed with my previous employer during orientation as someone asked:

https://www.transportation.gov/odapc/medical-marijuana-notice

If the medications are prescribed, you are usually OK, although there are some drugs that are an absolute no no that will even get an established employee restricted to No Work Available.

Bring the prescription bottles and be sure to mention them when you fill out the questionnaire on the computer, and also to the screener and the doctor if you are asked about medications you take.

As long as the prescription is not one of the ones that is a no no, you will be fine.

Hi , i went down to livingston for urine test on aug 14th but night before i took unisom which are to sleep better which they sell at walgreens and cvs pharmacy dont need a prescription , does any one have an idea if that comes out on drug test

Basically drug tests are a safety standard procedures and protacalls. Last time I took a drug test and passed was 7 yrs and two weeks ago. An outside company is contracted to handle drug test issues. For MTA related drug test, they are usually conducted on several sites, depending on what depot or Yard are you assigned to. But since Livingston St has taken over the drug test policies, you are a “at risk employee” when you start. Abused alcohol/substance drug is basically on what the NYCTA is looking for.