Waiting For that 9000 Numbered R160? Should out soon.

RTOMan

Sitting in the Barn

8898-99-9000-9001-9002+9013-14-15-16-9017 going over "final" inspections, now if they use this train as is we shall see but it should be out on the road soon.

Also if all goes well, the (W)iskey should be 100% ALL R160 come September or Late August, there was 5 of them in Service Yesterday.

The (N)ovember Much Sooner...

There was Only One R68 set on the (N)ovember since Monday all the Rest, R160's...

Oh the (W) would have R160Bs by September

The Majority of the R160Bs are on the (N)

One Question?

When is the (Q) going to finally use these R160 cars?

The (N)ovember uses Option Order 1 and 2 R160B's you know, more Option 2 Orders are coming...

The (N)ovember uses Option Order 1 and 2 R160B's you know, more Option 2 Orders are coming...

OK then, so why are people saying the (Q) will use R160 cars by the Fall. I am still anticipating for it's use on the (Q). Don't get me wrong, I like the R160 cars on the (L)(M)(N) and (W), but I feel like they have enough to run at least a few on the (Q).

OK then, so why are people saying the (Q) will use R160 cars by the Fall. I am still anticipating for it's use on the (Q). Don't get me wrong, I like the R160 cars on the (L)(M)(N) and (W), but I feel like they have enough to run at least a few on the (Q).

The 68s/68A's are holding down the (Q) just fine:D

The 68s/68A's are holding down the (Q) just fine:D

The R68 and R68A are my favorite subway cars, especially growing up with them on the (D) (Q6) (Q) (Qx). I just feel that the (Q) needs more variety of cars to run on them since the R40 slants haven't run on the (Q) recently.

The R68 and R68A are my favorite subway cars, especially growing up with them on the (D) (Q6) (Q) (Qx). I just feel that the (Q) needs more variety of cars to run on them since the R40 slants haven't run on the (Q) recently.

Yeah, the 68s are my favorite as well, however, the (Q) never regularly ran 40 Slants. Only during major G.O.'s and in December for the extra holiday service. Other than that the (Q) has been purely R68/R68A ( EXCEPT POST 9-11) . The old 6 Av (Q6) followed by the (Qx) was all slants ( post April 1997, like you mentioned in another thread). Moral of the story is, the Brighton Local (D)(Q)(H)(J)(K) , no matter what route, was R68/R68A's, over the past 18+ years.

Sitting in the Barn

8898-99-9000-9001-9002+9013-14-15-16-9017 going over "final" inspections, now if they use this train as is we shall see but it should be out on the road soon.

Also if all goes well, the (W)iskey should be 100% ALL R160 come September or Late August, there was 5 of them in Service Yesterday.

The (N)ovember Much Sooner...

There was Only One R68 set on the (N)ovember since Monday all the Rest, R160's...

Thanks for the info. For some reason I get the R68 (N) quite a few times. And I DID see a lot of R160 (W) yesterday.

Put it this way when its all said and done and if all goes well Some R160's will be on the (Q)uincy not all, and the (B)ravo Feet will be R40M, R68 AND R68A's...

They wouldnt Quailfy (Q)uincy Crews for nothing for those trains...

Just wait and see....

Remember this is RTO things change at a moments notice..

You don't think they'll just keep on counting upwards of 9999?

Well remember before the R143/R160's it was the redbirds and R27/R30's that used the "high numbers", when they were retired the R160's took their numbers...so its quite possible that when the R32-R42 fleets are gone the numbers from 3350-4950 could be reused.

Well remember before the R143/R160's it was the redbirds and R27/R30's that used the "high numbers", when they were retired the R160's took their numbers...so its quite possible that when the R32-R42 fleets are gone the numbers from 3350-4950 could be reused.

You're right, I didn't realize that.

That's exactly what will probably happen.

Put it this way when its all said and done and if all goes well Some R160's will be on the (Q)uincy not all, and the (B)ravo Feet will be R40M, R68 AND R68A's...

They wouldnt Quailfy (Q)uincy Crews for nothing for those trains...

Just wait and see....

Remember this is RTO things change at a moments notice..

The R40M is going to the (A) by monday!!!

Archived