R160s Air Conditioning

Bushwick Bill

It is my observation that the air conditioning on the R1, R2, R7 and R8 doors of the R160s are not cool enough to ride. The HVAC block unit on the car is way too long and almost reaches the center door panels R3, R4, R5 and R6. The rest of the doors on the R160 are very cool and work very well. This is about the only gripe I have with this fast accelerating, good braking and smooth riding car.

Bill (NYCT)

I can see what he's saying. Because the vents on the car roof don't reach all the way across the car, you don't feel the cool air directly by R1, R2, R7, and R8. Just give it some time, or move to the center.

Yes! I avoid them doors with a passion. Its not like the whole car is not cool because it is, but if you want the air in your face those doors will not get you them.

All of the NTTs only have their vents (which I just realized a month ago are the two lines spanning the length of the ceiling of the car - I knew they spewed AC since last year but still) reaching up to half the car, like you said. This means the ends of the cars aren't as cool as the middle. I remember someone posting that the R160 fixes this problem...guess not...

Archived