What song, radio station or music video are you listening to/watching?

MTR Admiralty

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blondie - Heart of Glass 1979 Video TopPop stereo widescreen - YouTube

Finally after a few years searching for this tune I've finally found. I miss the old school & I wasn't even born in it...Good Ol' Blondie;)

wow i was just going to post the same thing lol. Here some blondie classics.

1)Call me

2)Rapture(Indirectly the first Hip Hop song to hit #1 on pop charts)

3)Tide is high

Blondie - The Tide is High - YouTube

Foster the People - Pumped Up Kicks (my theme song!!!!!) :

Good pick LRG. It was in the top 5 in most recent year-end countdowns (including Billboard)among the top 100 biggest 'pop' hits of 2011. I read that song had little controversy since it seemed to promote gun violence/bullying when in fact Mark Foster the lead of "Foster the people" says it's actually a party-type song that is "anti-bully/ant-violence."

Pumped Up Kicks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Speaking of recent songs, here is my choice by Adelle. It's the #1 song of 2011 on most pop/top 40 countdowns called "Rolling In the Deep. Man great blend of old school 'blue-eyed' pop/R&B with sounds & influences i sense of Janis Joplin, Dusty Springfield, Aretha, and more recent Mary J. Blige.

Thanks, you made a good pick too. I actually like that song "Rolling in the Deep" for some reason.

As for "Pumped Up Kicks", I can either just lay down and listen to it or get up and dance to it (in the confines of my room of course!). I remember hearing it on the shuttle bus at my school as it has a radio that plays via the speakers. From there it just caught on with me.

Thanks, you made a good pick too. I actually like that song "Rolling in the Deep" for some reason.

As for "Pumped Up Kicks", I can either just lay down and listen to it or get up and dance to it (in the confines of my room of course!). I remember hearing it on the shuttle bus at my school as it has a radio that plays via the speakers. From there it just caught on with me.

Same here LRG:tup:. The reason why i got to really like "Pumped Up the Kicks" is that last summer/early Fall i heard it everywhere including my car before it recently couple of months broke down and died on me.

It grew on me and is one of the few contemporary songs in last few years, I enjoy listening to. In sense pop music is making a comeback after a few down years. Until recently I could not stand it and was (still do)only listening to music from my youth i.e the late 70's and the 1980's. Now Foster and Adelle are bringing back older fans(I am only 39 guys lol) like myself to current top 40.

Adelle is a breath of fresh air over Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Beyonce and Rhianna who not great singers imo and are really fashion models acting as pop singers. Adelle although cute is not as pretty as those ladies, but she a way better singer than those formentioned woman IMO.

PS Before i get hate mail guys lol I say this. I like a couple of Beyonce and Rhianna songs. However, sorry guys the Perrys, Gagas, Beyonce & Rhianna types are no way in the league of classic pop/R&B singers from Aretha, Teena Marie, Tina Turner or even Mariah Carey.

Here an old school disco classic that been sampled by many rap stars. Also the Kano song was the theme to the old game show on Ch.11(years before they became the CW)featuring video games during their kids block weekdays between 3-6pm.

"I'm Ready" is best remembered though as it was sampled in the early 1990's pop/hip-hip dance smash hit 'whoomp there is" by 1-hit wonders "Tag Team."

Kano's version "I'm Ready"

Tag Team remake of "IM ready" aka "Whoomp There It Is"

Oh what memories. Great song(the Kano version especially) to listen on a long drive on a freeway.

Also i was a junior in undergrad college and man it was played everywhere that summer of 1993.

I guess i am not the only one that a big fan of this lengendary classic. Recently Pres. Obama was at the Apollo for a 2012 re-election campaign stop. And as a phrase to the oringal singer he did this. Now this song is a smash on verge of being re-released 40 years after hitting #1 on the charts.

Speaking of old school. Hard to believe this song was released and became a #1 Pop hit 40 years ago this month.(January 1972)

Headlines _ My Theme song!

I might be too strung out on compliments

Overdosed on confidence

Started not to give a **** and stop fearing the consequence

Drinking every night because we drink to my accomplishments

Faded way too long I'm floating in and out on consciousness

And they say that I'm back

I'd agree with that

I just take my time with all this shit I still believe in that

I had someone tell me I fell off

Ooh I needed that

And they wanna see me pick back up Right well where'd I leave it at?

I know I exaggerated things now I got it like that

Stuff a napkin in my shirt cause I'm just mobbin' like that

You know good and well that you don't wanna problem like that

Drake - Headlines [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube