License Question

FmrCUSAOp

Hello All,

I would like to apply for NYCTA B/O exam 2613. I'm hesitant to do so because my license had a suspension. It was not for DUI or DWI or anything as serious as that. It was suspended because I received a ticket for cell phone usage, and I was unable to pay the ticket because I became unemployed. My question is... Would this suspension for not paying a ticket ontime be grounds for disqualification from employment at NYCTA? Other than that, my license is fairly clean with no points and no accident record.

Any input that could be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

MAYBE SOMBODY CAN ANSWER THIS BACK IN 1992 I MOVED TO MIAMI, FL FROM NY I NEVER HAD A LIC IN NY WHEN I LIVED THERE. WHEN I WENT TO GET A LIC IN FL THEY TOLD ME I HAD 7 TICKETS AND IT WAS SUSPENDED IN NY. I TOLD THEM I NEVER HAD A LIC IN NY THEY TOLD ME TO CALL NY AND I COULD NOT GET A LIC IN FL UNTIL IT IS CLEARED. I CALLED UP NY DMV AND TOLD THEM SOMBODY USED MY NAME ON THOSE TICKETSTHEY TOLD ME TO WRITE THEM. I WROTE SOME LETTERS AS THEY TOLD ME TO DO. AND I DID IN ABOUT 2 MONTHS THEY TOLD ME EVERY THING WAS CLEARED AND I THEN GOT MY FL LIC. I THEN MOVED TO ATLANTA, GA AND GOT MY CDL CLASS B WHICH I HAVE FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS. I AM PLANNING TO MOVE BACK TO NY AND WHENT TO GET A NY ID ABOUT A YEAR AGO THEY TOLD MY LIC IS SUSPENDED FROM 1991 AND I NEED TO CALL SOME DEPT. IN THE DMV WHICH I DID THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD BE EASY TO JUST PAY THOSE TICKETS THEN FIGHT THEM SO I PAID THEM. WILL THIS BE A PROBLEM ????

MAYBE SOMBODY CAN ANSWER THIS BACK IN 1992 I MOVED TO MIAMI, FL FROM NY I NEVER HAD A LIC IN NY WHEN I LIVED THERE. WHEN I WENT TO GET A LIC IN FL THEY TOLD ME I HAD 7 TICKETS AND IT WAS SUSPENDED IN NY. I TOLD THEM I NEVER HAD A LIC IN NY THEY TOLD ME TO CALL NY AND I COULD NOT GET A LIC IN FL UNTIL IT IS CLEARED. I CALLED UP NY DMV AND TOLD THEM SOMBODY USED MY NAME ON THOSE TICKETSTHEY TOLD ME TO WRITE THEM. I WROTE SOME LETTERS AS THEY TOLD ME TO DO. AND I DID IN ABOUT 2 MONTHS THEY TOLD ME EVERY THING WAS CLEARED AND I THEN GOT MY FL LIC. I THEN MOVED TO ATLANTA, GA AND GOT MY CDL CLASS B WHICH I HAVE FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS. I AM PLANNING TO MOVE BACK TO NY AND WHENT TO GET A NY ID ABOUT A YEAR AGO THEY TOLD MY LIC IS SUSPENDED FROM 1991 AND I NEED TO CALL SOME DEPT. IN THE DMV WHICH I DID THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD BE EASY TO JUST PAY THOSE TICKETS THEN FIGHT THEM SO I PAID THEM. WILL THIS BE A PROBLEM ????

Myself i would have never paid the tickets for 2 reasons. the first reason is im pretty cheap especially if not my fault im never going to pay for it. Second reason would be that it might be seen as a sign of guilt. You need to contact the New York DMV and clear up the problem as soon as possible. This person has not only cost you the money of the tickets but might even cost you a career with the MTA. Get hot on fixing what needs to be now. i had a problem with my documents when i was in the hiring process. some had JR. while others did not. i had to run all over to correct my name on so they where all similar.i took care of everything the next day. i was not letting anything take this job from me including myself. I cant say the same for my wife sisters fiance. simple problem that he never taken care of cost him a job a mechanic , i must say he still do odd jobs for a third of what he could have been making now. Dont be that guy!!! remember you are the key to this all and the only one to blame if you did not follow threw.

First of all tun off your caps lock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second, you will have problems with your job, because by paing those tickets you have been found guilty of the crimes or violations. I am sorry, but you are an idiot for making the payment ! ( again I am sorry ! )

Get a lawyer, and fight to clear up that mess. MTA will not care for your side of the story, they will run your license that you have in NY ( according to NY DMV you have one, and its suspended ) and you will be in deep p00p.

What license type do you "have" in NY?

you better start working on that fast, MTA is hiring now , but i am sure they will toss you from the list, hopefully you will get this mess taken care off before the list expires, but knowing NY courts i will be surprised if you will get it done that fast.

The person who got your license not only cost you your job, but you will have to pay lawyers good money to get this mess cleaned up.

Myself i would have never paid the tickets for 2 reasons. the first reason is im pretty cheap especially if not my fault im never going to pay for it. Second reason would be that it might be seen as a sign of guilt. You need to contact the New York DMV and clear up the problem as soon as possible. This person has not only cost you the money of the tickets but might even cost you a career with the MTA. Get hot on fixing what needs to be now. i had a problem with my documents when i was in the hiring process. some had JR. while others did not. i had to run all over to correct my name on so they where all similar.i took care of everything the next day. i was not letting anything take this job from me including myself. I cant say the same for my wife sisters fiance. simple problem that he never taken care of cost him a job a mechanic , i must say he still do odd jobs for a third of what he could have been making now. Dont be that guy!!! remember you are the key to this all and the only one to blame if you did not follow threw.

I DID NOT WANT TO PAY IT IT WAS OVER THREE HUNDRED BUCKS BUT THE LADY IN ALBANY TOLD ME IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE TO FIGHT 6 OF THE 7 THE ONLY 1 I COULD FIGHT WAS NO INSURANCE AND IT WAS DROPPED. I JUST KNOW WHY IT NEVER SHOWED UP EVEN NOW MY JOB DOES CHECKS ON MY CDL CLASS B LIC BECAUSE I WORK FOR THE COUNTY AND NOTHING SHOWS UP

First of all tun off your caps lock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second, you will have problems with your job, because by paing those tickets you have been found guilty of the crimes or violations. I am sorry, but you are an idiot for making the payment ! ( again I am sorry ! )

Get a lawyer, and fight to clear up that mess. MTA will not care for your side of the story, they will run your license that you have in NY ( according to NY DMV you have one, and its suspended ) and you will be in deep p00p.

What license type do you "have" in NY?

you better start working on that fast, MTA is hiring now , but i am sure they will toss you from the list, hopefully you will get this mess taken care off before the list expires, but knowing NY courts i will be surprised if you will get it done that fast.

The person who got your license not only cost you your job, but you will have to pay lawyers good money to get this mess cleaned up.

1st thanks for answering my post 2nd I like typing in caps it not because im screaming I just like it . and i only paid 6 out of 7 tickets, 1 ticket still needed to go to court still after 20 years later i wrote them tell them i never had a car and never had a lic and still dont and that ticket for no insurance got dropped . i just dont understand how i got my lic in FL and now a CDL class B in GA were I drive for the county, my lic and driving record gets checked every year

Since you paid the tickets and they are now part of your record, as an insurance policy, I would also apply to jobs with the MTA that do not require a driver's license in case the tickets you paid get you disqualified from becoming a bus operator.

• 1 year later...

hi ,would like to know what are the NYC transit bus operator requires ,such as points on the license and how many points you can have ,and they can still hire you, any help will appreciate it thanks

No more than 4 pts.

• 7 months later...

Archived