Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
sid76

Temporary Car Inspector

Hey everybody,

On friday June 15th, I took my drug test and handed in my Pre-employment paper work in and they sent me home with a manila envelope containing the CPD-B paperwork. I know they are probably doing the background check on me now but I wanted to know how long will it be till I hear something from them. I anxiously cant wait to start this job and start training. I didnt take the exam yet but I will in the fall. Whats the best preparation for this exam? I know there is a book but Im not sure of the exact title. What's on the practical? I just want to be prepared because this is my passion, to work on trains and with the MTA!

I got my study book through passbooks. Some of the trains in some of the questions are not in use anymore(needs to be updated). But overall if I say it didn't help me I'd be lying.

I got my study book through passbooks. Some of the trains in some of the questions are not in use anymore(needs to be updated). But overall if I say it didn't help me I'd be lying.Whats ur list #?

You can go on Passbooks.com and but the book from their or Amazon, the book is called "Car Inspector Passbook" its part of the career examination passbook series.

Ok so you say you dont have a list number? But you were called in for pre- interview screening on the 15th? With I'd have to say record time with them calling you in for a physical? I really don't think you have anything to worry about at this point you should already be on the job yesterday!!! I took the urine analysis on the 29th and still waiting for them to call me back for the physical, and I have a number On the list? Please someone explain how does this all come to be. I'm not calling you a liar or anything but how can they call you for a physical when they tell everyone it takes about 2-3 weeks for them to get the results back from the urine analisys??????????

Apparently they must have liked my resume and my answers on the interview. I do have alot of experience working in this field.

Hey, sid76

From what you said, you didn't take the March C/I exam, but you got interview for provisional car inspector. How? I took the March exam with a passing score, I still haven't heard anything from MTA. Anyone got any idea? I also checked the MTA website, there is another car inspector exam oncoming this November. What is going on, I am just so confused about that.

Hey everybody I just got the job and my start date is July 9th. I found out that my list number was in the twenties. So maybe that's why I got called so quick. Funky groves I asked the lady how many people they are hiring and she said a lot. So be patient you'll get called. Hopefully I'll see ya there . If you got any questions let me know.

there are two different classes in the school right now, They need people and there will probably be another class after yours, Good luck in training

• Upvote 1

Hey thanks, good luck and congratulations on the job!!!! Well deserved : ), all this shit is just frustrating, sorry if I came off the wrong way with you earlier. Yes definetly I'm sure we'll bump into one another out there. Hey get your ass to work!!! : )

mystpinky- I have to take the exam in November. If I fail I get axed...They hired me based on my experience. I saw the opening for Car Inspector and I applied got the interview and the rest is history.

I got the passbook study guide and I started going over it. So hopefully Ill pass the exam.

there are two different classes in the school right now, They need people and there will probably be another class after yours, Good luck in training

Hey Harryo714 both of those classes r CI?

hi, im about to apply for ci position coming this november. i was wondering if they value any experience on hvac field as well as electric or electronic mechanical field. i been working as hvac tech for 8 years, and im not so sure thats what they are looking for in their employees.

after passing the pratical, what are the questions they ask you on your interview....I thought your application is where you listed all your experience, do they go back and ask you again ?

after passing the pratical, what are the questions they ask you on your interview....I thought your application is where you listed all your experience, do they go back and ask you again ?

The interview is nothing more than a short 3 minute sit down asking you random questions about nothing related to work.

They just want to make sure that you speak/understand English and that you're able to take direction.

Those who spoke English as a first language were in and out, however, I did see a lot of Asian and Russian folks spend up to 30 minutes getting grilled in the same room.

For me, I was simply asked how I got there that morning....

Told him I drove in early and that there was no traffic all the way from the Island and that I spent more time looking for parking than I did getting there.

He looked at me and said ok that's it, have a seat outside.

I was like wtf just happened