Ideas for fantasy transit routes such as the San Andreas (SATA)and others

Keon Milton

A majority of the SATA express routes in San Andreas operate between Red County and Los Santos. Here's a list of all the Red County-Los Santos express routes and the areas they serve:

Between Montgomery and Los Santos

501: Montgomery - Los Santos Transit Center (via Country Road)

502: Montgomery - Market Street (via Country Road)

503: Montgomery - Pershing Square (via Country Road)

504: Montgomery - Conference Center (via Country Road)

505: Montgomery - Market Street (via SA Highway 54 and Los Santos Freeway)

506: Montgomery - Los Santos Transit Center (via SA Highway 54 and Los Santos Freeway)

507: Montgomery - Conference Center (via SA Highway 54 and Los Santos Freeway)

508: Montgomery - Pershing Square (via SA Highway 54 and Los Santos Freeway)

Between Palomino Creek and Los Santos

509: Palomino Creek - Los Santos Transit Center (via Hilltop Drive and Country Road)

510: Palomino Creek - Market Street (via Hilltop Drive and Country Road)

511: Palomino Creek - Pershing Square (via Hilltop Drive and Country Road)

512: Palomino Creek - Conference Center (via Hilltop Drive and Country Road)

513: Palomino Creek - Market Street (via Los Santos Freeway)

514: Palomino Creek - Los Santos Transit Center (via Los Santos Freeway)

515: Palomino Creek - Conference Center (via East Beach and Los Santos Avenue)

516: Palomino Creek - Pershing Square (via East Beach and Los Santos Avenue)

Between Blueberry and Los Santos

517: Blueberry - Los Santos Transit Center (via Palomino Highway and Country Road)

518: Blueberry - Market Street (via Palomino Highway and Country Road)

519: Blueberry - Pershing Square (via Palomino Highway and Country Road)

520: Blueberry - Conference Center (via Palomino Highway and Country Road)

521: Blueberry - Market Street (via Dillimore and Mulholland Drive)

522: Blueberry - Los Santos Transit Center (via Dillimore and Mulholland Drive)

523: Blueberry - Conference Center (via Dillimore and Mulholland Drive)

524: Blueberry - Pershing Square (via Dillimore and Mulholland Drive)

525: Blueberry - Los Santos Transit Center (via Flint County and Mulholland Drive)

526: Blueberry - Market Street (via Flint County and Market Street)

527: Blueberry - Pershing Square (via Flint County and Market Street)

528: Blueberry - Conference Center (via Flint County and Los Santos Avenue)

Notes:

1. I'm pretending the large parking lot under the Mulholland Intersection is a transit center for local and express buses.

2. The names of streets posted on here were made up by me.

3. Via East Beach and via Flint County means the express route operates through the area, but doesn't make any stops.

4. Via Dillimore means the express route stops just outside the town, but not within it.

I don't mean to hijack again, but when playing SA, wouldn't your rather drive along in one of the cool sports/super cars? For me its the turisimo or the bullet.

Of course I would! I'd have C.J. put on very cool clothes and shades and drive that Bullet sports car with the radio blasting like a real boss! LOL!!! :D

In addition to the above post, the 501, 510 and 517 express routes operate daily, while all other express routes operate rush hours only.

Shouldn't the 509 run, since it also goes to the TC?

Shouldn't the 509 run, since it also goes to the TC?

I'm already proposing that the 510 terminate at the LSTC during off-peak hours. It would continue to terminate at Market Street, its current terminus, during peak hours, when the 509 and 514 are operating. The point of my proposal is to provide Palomino Creek customers with daily direct service to the LSTC. Currently, it only has direct service to the LSTC during peak hours via the 509 or 514.

So, to sum up my proposal:

To LSTC rush hours: Use 509 or 514

To LSTC other times: Use 510

However, your idea is very good, too!

Kmilton, that is mad express bus routes, bro.....

I agree that Blueberry, Palomino Creek, and Montgomery should have express routes to commercial/financial Los Santos.... but I think you simply have too many of em... lol....

Anyway, using your criteria of:

• 1-99: Los Santos local/limited-stop service.
  • 100s: Red County local/limited-stop service.
  • 200s: San Fierro local/limited-stop service.
  • 300s: Desert Region (Bone County/Tierra Robada) local/limited-stop service.
  • 400s: Las Venturas local/limited-stop service.
  • 500s: Express service.

......I'm currently drawing up fictional routes.... So far I drew up the:

- #140 (dillimore-blueberry-montgomery-palomino creek),

- #142 (market [via market station] - dillimore - montgomery-palomino creek)

....and right now, I'm workin on a #58 Market station - Ocean Docks route......

not sure how many Los santos county routes I'm going to end up with when this is done..... I'm doing the locals first & the expresses last..... will certainly incorporate some of your express routes into the map.....

the "500's" I would designate for long(er) distance express routes...... like a san fierro-los santos express, for example....

.....by the way, where do you have the "Los Santos Transit Center" located ?

LOL!!! I know it's a lot of express routes. I guess I was a little over-creative.

Those are great ideas for the #140 and #142 local routes.

I haven't considered intercity express routes yet, but I will soon.

The Los Santos Transit Center is where the large parking lot under the Mulholland Intersection is located.

LOL!!! I know it's a lot of express routes. I guess I was a little over-creative.

Those are great ideas for the #140 and #142 local routes.

I haven't considered intercity express routes yet, but I will soon.

The Los Santos Transit Center is where the large parking lot under the Mulholland Intersection is located.

Oh, near that skyscraper.... ok, I got you..... that's pretty smart..... lol, you have some imagination man....

I thought my imagination/inner child/creativity was wild.....

Oh, near that skyscraper.... ok, I got you..... that's pretty smart..... lol, you have some imagination man....

I thought my imagination/inner child/creativity was wild.....

Hahaha!!! Yes, I do! At times, my imagination can be crazy and that's a good thing, if you know what I mean! LOL!!!

Felt weird driving local routes with coach buses. Well in the city at least, I had a route that didn't leave the desert except to end in that little town near the Golden Gate Bridge, would have sent it into San ferro but that Bridge puts you no where near the CBD plus it would have made the running time really long, I got bored after one round trip.

I have a bus route that operates between Juniper Hill in San Fierro and Bayside, the town near the Gant Bridge (GTA SA's Golden Gate Bridge). It's known as the #248. Also, the #310 bus route operates between Bayside and El Quebrados.

Bayside was one of my favorite towns in the game, It looks like a nice place to live, right on the water with skyline views and the Gant Bridge. Also seems like a quiet chill neighborhood.

The lack of rail service would suck though, bus would probably have 30 minute off peak headway's at best to get to San Ferro.

I also never thought to do a Bayside - San ferro 500 express via the Graver Bridge, would be quicker to the CBD than taking the Gant bridge to San ferro then the local streets to downtown.

Crazy that when I played SA I never did a Desert - San Ferro express route, there is demand for it as Brown Steak Railroad completely skips the Desert to serve Las Venturas.

@ JW I agree about GTA IV, Alderney is a bus planners dream, especially with the Ferry Terminal with bus shelters. Mantthan in that Game kinda sucks as the major North - South streets had parts of them randomly closed due to construction.

Bayside was one of my favorite towns in the game, It looks like a nice place to live, right on the water with skyline views and the Gant Bridge. Also seems like a quiet chill neighborhood.

The lack of rail service would suck though, bus would probably have 30 minute off peak headway's at best to get to San Ferro.

I also never thought to do a Bayside - San ferro 500 express via the Graver Bridge, would be quicker to the CBD than taking the Gant bridge to San ferro then the local streets to downtown.

Crazy that when I played SA I never did a Desert - San Ferro express route, there is demand for it as Brown Steak Railroad completely skips the Desert to serve Las Venturas.

@ JW I agree about GTA IV, Alderney is a bus planners dream, especially with the Ferry Terminal with bus shelters. Mantthan in that Game kinda sucks as the major North - South streets had parts of them randomly closed due to construction.

I currently don't have a Bayside-San Fierro express route, but one of the rush hour-only El Quebrados-San Fierro express routes runs along the freeway, passes Bayside without making any stops and then operates via the Gant Bridge en route to downtown.

Here are the remaining SATA express bus routes in San Andreas:

Between Tierra Robada County and San Fierro

541/551: El Quebrados - San Fierro (541 via Garver Bridge, 551 via Gant Bridge)

544: Las Barrancas - San Fierro (via Garver Bridge)

Between Bone County and Las Venturas

560: Fort Carson - Las Venturas (via Interstate 7 Freeway)

All express routes listed operate rush hours only.

(I'm) Not up to San Fierro yet, but a route to Bayside is simple.... just run it like the old B51 - have it be a "bridge" route going directly to financial San Fierro from Bayside....

I could have a route like that. It could be the #249 or I could just simply extend the (sort of) existing #248 to Downtown San Fierro from Juniper Hill.

I agree with B35... To many express routes for those towns... Have about two-three for each.

I have a few suggestions for "stadium events only"

Los Santos:

Route #90: Market-East Beach Cross town for the Los Santos's stadium events.

San Fierro:

I'd say extend your #214 to Foster Valley for stadium event days only.

Las Venturas:

Add more runs (#417) for stadium events in Blackfield and make the extra runs a LTD variant (#418) The LTD variant is for stadium event days only.

I also have a few ideas for the SATA livery.....

I agree with B35... To many express routes for those towns... Have about two-three for each.

I have a few suggestions for "stadium events only"

Los Santos:

Route #90: Market-East Beach Cross town for the Los Santos's stadium events.

San Fierro:

I'd say extend your #214 to Foster Valley for stadium event days only.

Las Venturas:

Add more runs (#417) for stadium events in Blackfield and make the extra runs a LTD variant (#418) The LTD variant is for stadium event days only.

I also have a few ideas for the SATA livery.....

Thank you, NYCtrainfan! You and B35 are right. I should cut the number of RC-LS express bus routes. I have too many of them.

I also like your other bus route suggestions!

• 3 weeks later...

New SATA bus services:

#213: City Hall - Easter Basin

#353 (Limited-Stop): Fort Carson - Bayside (weekdays only)

How many more routes did you create since the last time this thread was active ?

Anyway:

- 213.... Too short IMO... then again, I don't know how you're routing it....

- 353... I could be wrong (lol), but I'm not sure there'd be much demand for that... I would connect ft. carson w/ san fierro & ft carson w/ las venturas.... looking at the type of town bayside is, don't think they'd be interested in heading down to ft carson.... I'd stick to connecting bayside w/ san fierro.....

Archived