Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
YankeesPwnMets

What is 800-430-5816? How to handle possible scammer phone calls & emails?

So this morning, on my day off I was being my lazy self sleeping, and at 10AM I got a call. Picked it up and it was an automated voice at the other end, asking for my father to call this number:

800-436-5816

They said it was a law firm (which I have never heard of) and I wasn't able to catch the name. I thought back, and I knew that my parents weren't in legal trouble, they weren't filing for divorce or anything that would require a lawyer, so I immediately became very suspicious. I googled the number and here are two results, both telling me the number is bogus:

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-800-430-5816

http://callerr.com/8004305816

Think I should call back or just ignore it?

......then somewhere down the line, they'll ask you for a wad of money upfront or ask you for your CCN & your SSN.....

It's BS... ignore it.... I tend to get quite a bit of telemarketers & other scammers callin my home phone.....

• Upvote 2

I get telephone BS all the time, it's pretty god damn annoying.

Just a note of advice, some ad calls have a thing where you listen thru the call and you can unsubscribe at the end of the call.

Edited by Brightonkid7

Best just to ignore any unknown calls. If they keep calling you, then you can think about getting your number change. (Only if you keep getting to many BS calls from different "Companies")