Are you allowed to have points on your licenses to be a bus operator?

nychydro

Hello all,

I received my first and only moving violation back in December 2010 for 6 points (20+over speed limit). Is this considered to the MTA a "serious moving violation" as quoted in application? or does this mean things like DUI, leaving the scene of an accident etc?

I thought that point reduction only works for the insurance companies, DMV points system has nothing to do with that 5-6 hour class.

You may have to drop your name from the list, and reinstate yourself in a year or so.

When you will get the letter to come in, call them and ask them. Give them the date and the points, and see what they will tell you. If they will say you will not qualify, ask how loong do you have to wait. You can always go to the first appoitment, and talk to them in person, just dont come for the second appoitment, this way they will drop you from the list, and you will be able to add yourself back in the future.

The MTA does not recognize point-reduction classes/certificates... you can't have more than 4 points, and they only check back 3 years. So if you get called for the job before Dec. 2013, they will tell you to call back when you hit the 3 yr mark and they will re-instate your list #, as long as they don't exhaust that list by/b4 then.

Same thing happened to me. I had to wait a year. I called back after the year, but they had a hiring freeze. Got called back like 6 months later I think..

I thought that point reduction only works for the insurance companies, DMV points system has nothing to do with that 5-6 hour class.

You may have to drop your name from the list, and reinstate yourself in a year or so.

When you will get the letter to come in, call them and ask them. Give them the date and the points, and see what they will tell you. If they will say you will not qualify, ask how loong do you have to wait. You can always go to the first appoitment, and talk to them in person, just dont come for the second appoitment, this way they will drop you from the list, and you will be able to add yourself back in the future.

Thanks for this advice. So should I just not show up at all for the second, or just tell them at the first appoint I want to put a hold on the application?

The MTA does not recognize point-reduction classes/certificates... you can't have more than 4 points, and they only check back 3 years. So if you get called for the job before Dec. 2013, they will tell you to call back when you hit the 3 yr mark and they will re-instate your list #, as long as they don't exhaust that list by/b4 then.

Same thing happened to me. I had to wait a year. I called back after the year, but they had a hiring freeze. Got called back like 6 months later I think..

Thanks for the post. So just to clearify, yes, i know the DMV removes the points after 3 years the next calander year. So although dec 2013 makes 3 years, they may not drop them until January 2014. So as soon as I check with DMV and they confirm the points are removed then and only then is when I call back the MTA and ask to be reinstated? Or do I have to wait until they contact me back provding there is still an opening and they have not exausted the list?

when that time comes, go tothe dmv and geta copy of your drivers record.. think it is called an abstract. if the ticket is gone, call human resources and see whenyou can go back in and bring back all your paperwork.

go to your current appointment and let them tell you the deal. when the ticket is off you have to call them. they wont call you.

Archived